Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

""There were people that were absorbed and became greek and they love it. Ask Arvanites. It was easy for them of course since they already had been very close to the greek culture at the time of the greek revolution.
    But in the sense of time, yes you could say there was a race that was absorbed>Do you understand forced assimilation.Why would people of other races loved to be greek?
    If you were made to become greek you couldn't hold a different passport,School or jobs.The greej govt wanted to show only greeks lived in greece.THose that didn't cooperate would face dire consequences.The greek govt passed various laws etc forbidding things you couldn't speak macedonian.If you did you got beaten up or given castor oil to drink.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      Do you understand forced assimilation.Why would people of other races loved to be greek?
      If you were made to become greek you couldn't hold a different passport,School or jobs.The greej govt wanted to show only greeks lived in greece.THose that didn't cooperate would face dire consequences.The greek govt passed various laws etc forbidding things you couldn't speak macedonian.If you did you got beaten up or given castor oil to drink.
      Apparently you are talking about the Metaxas dictatorship. That was nothing compared to what you'd have to face if you had different political views.
      A few fines from the scrutinizing police patrols, which is the truth and not castor oil or anything exaggerated, is nothing compared to what you 'd have faced if you were against that regime, even if you were greek speaking... eskimo.
      Irrelevant George. The regime saw everybody as an enemy for various reasons.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
        Her mother was born in Thessalonike, she grew up in Hemathia and returned for her theater studies in Thessalonike. She is a poet and author.
        Eva’s father, Alexandros Kailis, is an Istanbul-born mechanical and electrical engineer. Her mother, Maria Ignatiadou, of Asia Minor Greek descent, grew up in Imathia.
        Are you sure she was born there? Either way, her parents were imports. A pretty tenuous link to Macedonia at best.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
          What are you talking about now?

Bring any greek text from any era you want, any vernacular you want. It's dead easy, easier than the older ones if it is medieval greek, or if it is a little before Katharevousa, or Katharevousa itself.
          You don't seem to understand what I say. Neither you are aware of greek.

Bring it in then. I found a few mediaval lyrics in the vernacular. Show it to your cousins if they speak greek and ask them what they don't understand.

Ιδού το έαρ το γλυκύ πάλιν επανατέλλει
          Χαράν, υγείαν και ζωήν και την ευημερίαν,
          Ανδραγαθίαν εκ Θεού τω βασιλεί Ρωμαίων
          Και νίκην θεοδώρητον κατά των πολεμίων.

That's mediaval greek my friend. Same as today. The word "έαρ" today is Άνοιξη but we say εαρινή ισημερία when we refer to the vernal equinox.
          And that's the only word your cousins might not get, but I doubt that also because it is a very common word.

You can use synthesis to languages that are related to yours, or languages that you are aware of. Not languages that are not simillar or that you are not familiar with.
          Therefore you can use synthesis for any slavic language if you speak modern macedonian.
          If you do however try to use synthesis in languages that are not related, then you end up like that facebook page I showed you or the videos that claim macedonian words out of... greek texts of the Iliad.
          You understand of course how wrong, let alone uneducated, that is.
          Bring any of those texts to Greeks of 150 years ago. That is my point that you are either deliberately evading or unable to grasp. They either spoke Albanian or a version of Greek that meant they didn't understand what you understand now. What you understand now is a product of the catharsis. You can play around with that concept but, if you don't understand me, you should be grateful that I have helped you with your own history.

Macedonians didn't go through such a period. But they still understand 1000 year old texts. Go figure.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

Really? And how is that? Is it because she doesn't speak pelasgian slavic?
            Spitfire
            What she speaks is irrelevant, as evidenced by her ignorant comments about "which Macedonia" she's from! I's because she's born Greek by your standards, your country's standards and doesn't even come close by our standards........you know the ones I mean, the original indigeonous Macedonians...not the prosfigy! But feel free to carry on with your dilusional dreams about being one of us! BTW is "pelasgian slavic" registerd or acknowledged as an official language? if so when? who by? and your source please!
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
              I don't really mind, but who was the paedophile?
              Amphipolis
              You obviously don't know your history, go and ask your grandparents, that's if they are from the same location as you, which I highly doubt!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Amphipolis

No, they don't have a number, so I’ll give you one since you’ve… busted our balls.
                You're not Macedonian so don't pretend to be! If you were Macedonian you would not feel the need to answer the question that has already been answered ad nauseum!

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Philosopher

Third, to be an ethnic Macedonian, one must descend from ethnic Macedonians. In this context, it matters nothing how many generations are involved. If a child is mixed, say a Greek mother, and a Macedonian father, I would say the child is both ethnic Greek and ethnic Macedonian.
                  Partly correct, the last section I strongly disagree with - no such thing as both ethnic Greek and ethnic Macedonian....this is the bullshit game played by Greeks to claim they are Macedonian and hang their hats on, to maintain this farce called the "name negotiations"! Newsflash.....126(appx) countries recognise the Republic of Macedonia by it's self chosen name.....the balance of ignoramus' are in denial, particularly the platesmashers!

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Amphipolis

I know my Macedonian grandmother was not a Vlach or ethnic-Macedonian or any other specific tribe, just Greek and I guess that is an indication for her parents (who lived in the second half of 1800s and were urban merchants). But I don't know anything before that and I don't even hope anything can be found (e.g. things like Ottoman files).
                    Another dilusional wannabe in denial, stop kidding yourself you're not Macedonian and never have been, nor will you be, no matter what you call your "peripheries" or when you decided to change the names of the areas!

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Spitfire

I thought so myself.
                      So it is the same like everywhere else in the world.
                      Congratulations on your "thoughts", now go back to denial where you're comfortable and belong, take your imbecile friends with you!

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Spitfire

I'm not comparing two different races Redsun. I'm speaking of the macedonians, regardless if they are greeks or of some other nationality.
                        Speaking dilusionally again I see, no such thing as Greek Macedonians or Macedonian Greeks, there are Macedonians and Macedonians who live in Greece and were forced to become Greek citizens and learn Greek, enough denial already, you wear it like a badge of honour or some sort of trophy!

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Spitfire

There were people that were absorbed and became greek and they love it
                          Ad this one to your constitution as well, fits well with one Greek parent, feeling Greek...and all the other dillusions you have constitutionalised!

Comment

• spitfire
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            Bring any of those texts to Greeks of 150 years ago. That is my point that you are either deliberately evading or unable to grasp. They either spoke Albanian or a version of Greek that meant they didn't understand what you understand now. What you understand now is a product of the catharsis. You can play around with that concept but, if you don't understand me, you should be grateful that I have helped you with your own history.

Macedonians didn't go through such a period. But they still understand 1000 year old texts. Go figure.
                            That's totally different to what we have discussed so far. You are now telling me that greek was not understood by those who did not speak greek.
                            No my friend, any type of vernacular in greek is compatible with each other.
                            If you are reffering to those who were speaking Arvanitika, then arvanitika is not greek, but a different language. They used greek syntax and there were words that originated from greek, but it was not greek (neither Albanian though). Arvanites were developing a language that was in between at the time. That language stopped evolving since they were absorbed by greeks and today only very few speak it.
                            To those that spoke the vernacular greek, any greek text (provided they could read) was tangible.

Comment

• spitfire
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                              Spitfire

Speaking dilusionally again I see, no such thing as Greek Macedonians or Macedonian Greeks, there are Macedonians and Macedonians who live in Greece and were forced to become Greek citizens and learn Greek, enough denial already, you wear it like a badge of honour or some sort of trophy!
                              Do you actually read what you write makedonche?
                              That's what I said. Talking about macedonians regardless of being of greek natonality or not.

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

Do you actually read what you write makedonche?
                                That's what I said. Talking about macedonians regardless of being of greek natonality or not.
                                Spitfire
                                Yes I read all you wrote....I'm writing this slowly so you understand....I don't need to ask if you read what I wrote...it's self evident, more denial!

Comment

Working...
                                X