X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Вардарец
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian Presidential Elections 2014

The Macedonian diaspora will be able to vote for the first time on presidential elections.

I am interested to see how the diaspora feels.
    General Stojance Angelov (Dostoinstvo)
    0%
    TBA (Coalition led by DPMNE)
    0%
    TBA (Coalition led by SDSM)
    0%
    Prof. Vankovska (Independent)
    0%
    Other
    0%

The poll is expired.

For the glory of the Hellenes! Abandon orthodoxy and join your true religion! http://www.hellenicreligion.gr/... Zeus awaits you!
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Hey mate, nice to see you're still around. Have the candidates been announced? The diaspora in Australia usually votes for the DPNE candidate because many are under the impression that Gruevski is a patriot.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

I'm going to vote for Angelov. I know he has said questionable things but I put it down to political inexperience, for the most part I like what he says. Something about him just feels real to me, unlike other candidates. I am willing to give him a shot, and would like to see if he really tries to bring justice upon the amnestied terrorists, or if he would become another Gruevski when he actually has power.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Angelov also. I think he'd be worth a gamble.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

I don't vote but the dias pora votes in Australia number in the couple hundreds votes if that.MOst people can't be bothered or most don't have a passport seriously do people think gruevski or whoever is going to reverse the terrorist amnesty.I don't think so.You watch whoever gets in how quickly they change their allegiances.Yeah gruevski is doing such a swell job,sure thing more of the same bs.
          gruevski is for a name change so that he can enter the eu & nato.
          Vangelov seems to be saying the right things.At the moment we can't even control things in Tetovo as we have no access of doing it.
          Last edited by George S.; 02-05-2014, 05:59 PM.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Have candidate been announced? Angelov would probably be the lesser of the evils, though I don't know anything about Vankovska.

While I find Angelov himself to be generally principled on Macedonian matters (minus a few obvious exceptions), I think the problem lies with his advisors. He has surrounded himself with too many idiots and because of this I don't know how effective he would be. I fear he would be "moderated" even further by his advisors once in office.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Hey mate, nice to see you're still around. Have the candidates been announced? The diaspora in Australia usually votes for the DPNE candidate because many are under the impression that Gruevski is a patriot.
              Even then, out of nealry 100,000, only around 900 actually voted.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

If Professor Vankovska is the Biljana Vankovska, then she might not be all too bad. She has written some very good articles and book chapters on the Framework Agreement criticising it for all of the obvious reasons. However, I'm not familiar with all of her work.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Having said all of this, it seems being the presidential role holds no power whatsoever. Particularly if we look at the inconsequential role of Ivanov.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Having said all of this, it seems being the presidential role holds no power whatsoever. Particularly if we look at the inconsequential role of Ivanov.
                    Constitutionally he doesn't hold that much power, but seeing as no one really cares about the constitution, it really comes down to the one that controls the ruling party. For example, both Gligorov and Crvenkovski ruled the state as Presidents. Gruevski rules from the position of Prime Minister. The real power is at the party level rather than the formal position.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

ivanov, doesn't he hold the title president and commander in chief of the armed forces.Heaven help us if an albanien gets hold of the presidency.They should have made it a rule as long as Macedonians are a majority only a Macedonian can hold the presidency.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        Even without the power, the position has a symbolic significance. It would be devastating if a member of a political party like DUI, which has shown open support for the terrorist actions against Macedonia during 2000/2001, becomes president.
                        Originally posted by Vangelovski
                        While I find Angelov himself to be generally principled on Macedonian matters (minus a few obvious exceptions), I think the problem lies with his advisors. He has surrounded himself with too many idiots and because of this I don't know how effective he would be. I fear he would be "moderated" even further by his advisors once in office.
                        I am not entirely confident in his ability to maintain his integrity based on what you've written above. I haven't discounted him altogether, but after some his recent actions, I have my doubts.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• xhondoe
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2014

I think there is big problem here.People fail to understand that if Macedonia wants to survive as a state must have a good inter ethnic relation.Remember Macedonia is small with no economy or military power surrounded by enemies .The Albanians will be the majority in 50 years if this trend goes what will happen them.How will u feel when u will have an Albanian prime minister and president.Should the Albanian led government act indiscriminately against the minority like the Macedonian government did.Or at that point the Macedonians will seek separation of the territory like Serbs are asking now in Kosovo.The only salvation will be that Macedonia becomes inter-ethnic equality where does not matter what nationality you are.My opinion the candidate should have double nationality like mix breed half Macedonian and half Albanian to show coexistence.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

X your comments are silly & completely unfounded.Macedonia has already respected the inter ethnic relations,I presume you are a a disrespectfull Albanian.You to bring Macedonia to her knees so that it does not have any soveregnity over you.
                            I hope you know yor history of how your lot got thrown out of Albania by the communists after the second world war by envir roger.You spread all over the Balkans now you want macedonias homeland to Macedonians.YOu don't respect the rule of law by a majority.Do you seriously believe you need so called pretext rights.Think how wrong you are.Macedonia gave you a tv station in the 1950,s ahead of Albania's one.Macedonias record on interethnic relations is extremely good.Why should Macedonia share the country when you don't desrve anything .you don't cooperate,your president ahmeti doesn't speak Macedonian.if we put in an Albanian in charge of military or presidency we have to watch them like a hawk.It is you who must get on with Macedonia not Macedonia to get on with you.Your lot wants a country within a country.When has Macedonia tried to stop you.If you say in education or languages you are dead wrong you already could study at any uni in Macedonia.No you want your own universities in a foreign land.
                            If you are so good why doesn't Albania accept you back in Albania & stop wishing to take Macedonia.MY view is all minority rights were respected by Macedonia,you wanted more which is unjust.Think about it you say its about rights but I say its about priveleges as it is higher rights than for Macedonian citizens.
                            Do you know what your president sally berisher said to visiting Albanians from Macedonia to Albania.Behave yourselves you have never had it so good.In other words Macedonia is looking after you as minorities very good,IF you want to be an Albanian you don't like Macedonia go back to Albania.Do you understand that you aren't indigenous to the land even.Also your lot tried to rought the census figures,they failed.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• xhondoe
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2014

Lol during communist regime very few people could leave the place since the border was locked like the berlin wall,On the contrary i have many friends whos grandfathers were born in Macedonia,Kosovo,Greece who were forced to be expelled from their houses.Albanians in Macedonia have always been there before u ever came.
                              And don't be jelly .If u want to be pragmatic try reversing all your post instead of Albania write Macedonia and see how will it turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X