Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

I was thinking of abuse of power.When it comes to the crunch they would use it.Look at how they refer to us not as Macedonians but as slavo Macedonians..The Albanians are just as much slavicised as the rest of the Balkans.They are simply wanting a country within a country.Remember how the communists Hoxha kick the fundamentalist Albanians out as Catholicism was embraced.(this was after the 2nd world war)THese so called Albanians go on as if they are missing some rights but they haven't as Macedonia is a law abiding people,they add more rights than anyone else.We shouldn't feel guilty or whatever as Macedonia has given the Albanians every right or privilege under the sun.THe Albanians whil'st they hate & disrespect us like us a lot when we do ther bidding.The real shocker is that when one looks at the origin of thesese Albanians (see thread) they will see they are neither Illyrian or related to the illyrians.They pretend that Albania once extended into Macedonian territory & so they claim our land falsly.
    Last edited by George S.; 01-17-2014, 06:22 PM.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Macedonian Albanians Demand 'Consensus' President

The junior partner in Macedonia's coalition, the Democratic Union for Integration, DUI, has called for an inter-party consensus on a new president to be elected in March.

The DUI, an ethnic Albanian party, says it will try to persuade its senior partner in government, the VMRO DPMNE party led by Nikola Gruevski, to endorse a joint candidate in March.

“A consensus candidate will reflect the will of all citizens” and will “form a cohesive centre in society who will unite all ethnic, political and other layers,” the DUI spokesperson, Bujar Osmani, explained on Tuesday without naming names.

He said the DUI presidency had recently urged the party head, Ali Ahmeti, to “continue talks with coalition partners and agree on the concept of a consensus presidential candidate”.

The main ruling party on Tuesday failed to react to the idea to Balkan Insight. The party has been silent about its candidate, as the other key political players also have been.

However, a VMRO DPMNE legislator, Antonio Milososki, a former foreign minister under Gruevski, recently said he suspected that the DUI “will not back whoever VMRO DPMNE endorses as its presidential candidate”.

Osmani warned that if VMRO DPMNE does not accept the idea of a joint candidate, the party might turn to the opposition Social Democrats instead, or trying to put up an pan-Albanian presidential candidate.

As Albanians form a quarter of the country’s 2.1 million people, their parties have played an important role in deciding who wins the presidential race, although no ethnic Albanian has ever been elected President of Macedonia.

Before launching the idea of a “consensus candidate”, the DUI leader in November said the party was unlikely to endorse the current head of state, Gjorge Ivanov, for a second term.

“We have not seen anything bad from him but there was nothing positive either,” Ahmeti said, thereby denting Ivanov’s chances.

With less than three months to go before the elections, both the ruling and main opposition parties are reported to be mulling running candidates from outside their own ranks.

Unconfirmed reports say diplomat Srgjan Kerim, who presided over the 62nd session of the UN General Assembly, and current President Ivanov, top the list of potential candidates for VMRO DPMNE.

A relatively new name in the ring is that of Sasko Kedev, a well-known heart surgeon who was a VMRO DPMNE presidential candidate in 2004.

Stevo Pendarovski, a former advisor to Presidents Boris Trajkovski and Branko Crvenkovski, tops the list of potential opposition candidates.

Denko Maleski, a diplomat seen as close to the opposition, and who was Macedonia's first foreign minister after independence in the 1990s, has also been mentioned.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...sual-president
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

an Albanian president ,will they seriously consider uniting all sides HOw?They talk of concensus?? will that be reached.?? Unless they come to a impasse THey may still choose a Macedonian president & Albanian as vice president.I can't see an Albanian president as acceptable.But then if the support & numbers are there & they are all pushing the Macedonians in a corner perhaps the unthinkable might happen.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

(Reuters) - Macedonia called a presidential election for April 13 on Saturday but the ruling coalition's failure to agree on a joint candidate might push the Balkan country to call an early parliamentary vote in the same month.

The ethnic Albanian Democratic Union for Integration (DUI), a junior partner in the ruling coalition, has demanded their Macedonian allies nominate a "consensual candidate" for president, who would be acceptable for both communities.

Ethnic Albanians represent a third of Macedonia's 2 million population and relations with Macedonians, who are ethnic Slavs, have been tense since 2001, when an ethnic conflict almost plunged the country into civil war.

The current president, Gjorge Ivanov, is from the Macedonian conservative VMRO-DPMNE party, which leads the government. DUI has hinted it could leave the coalition unless an agreement on a candidate to run as replacement is reached.

"Unless we have a positive answer, all options will be seriously taken into account, including early parliamentary elections," Abdilakim Ademi, a senior DUI official and a cabinet minister, said on Thursday.

VMRO-DPMNE is the single strongest party in parliament and enjoys high popularity among Macedonians. It has not officially responded to the request, but party officials have said they would not allow anyone to interfere in their nomination process.

It is unlikely that the opposition could make enough gains in the parliamentary election to take power, according to opinion polls, but the vote could change the make up of the ruling coalition.

"We should show democratic maturity and in a peaceful and democratic atmosphere allow the people to decide upon their will," the president of the country's parliament, Trajko Veljanovski, told reporters after signing the decision to call the parliamentary vote.

If April 13's first round to replace Ivanov, whose term has expired, fails to produce a winner, a second round of voting for the largely ceremonial post would be held two weeks later.

(Reporting by Kole Casule; Editing by Alison Williams)
          I wonder who is responsible for the idiotic "ethnic Slavs" terminology, Casule or Williams. Anyway, it looks like DUI are still harping on about having more say in choosing the future president.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A100BC20140201

I wonder who is responsible for the idiotic "ethnic Slavs" terminology, Casule or Williams. Anyway, it looks like DUI are still harping on about having more say in choosing the future president.
            Casule has used that terminology quite liberally in the past. Besides, as a co-author, he should have taken it out if Williams had used it.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Macedonian democracy - presidential elections are only two months away and no one knows who the candidates are yet and no public policy debate. What's the point really, I suppose he's only there to tow Gruevski's rickshaw...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I heard an Indonesian gangster term the other day ... "Relax and Rolex". Which sounds a lot like Macedonian politicians!
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

I think just like the name dispute ,having a` dui president in Macedonia will become controversial. Can Macedonia accommodate an Albanian in the presidency.WEll it did with the defence minister.I think the rom politicians knew what's in store,i don't think they care for the citizenry or the diaspora.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A100BC20140201

From that fuckwit we have "ethnic Slavs" and 1/3 of Macedonia as Albanians. Why write that rubbish?
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                    X