• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

DUI Wants Joint Presidential Candidate with DPMNE

Actually, its making threats to get its own way:

http://www.mkd.mk/makedonija/partii/...nema-koalicija
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

what will it mean for Macedonians & also Albanians.?an Albanian president was on the cards.If ahmeti becomes pres I hope he has the decency to address the nation in Macedonian.In other words stop pretending he doesn't know any Macedonian.
    Last edited by George S.; 01-14-2014, 10:28 PM.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Only a matter of time.
      But the Macedonians know they are Macedonian (for now).
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

I sense the first Albanian President of Macedonia in the works.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          I sense the first Albanian President of Macedonia in the works.
          Without a doubt. Ahhh, the Switzerland of the Balkans (without the money).
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

I think its a bit premature, they should be more patient, they will get there one day. In fact this might be good for us because they are not in the right position yet to get what they want. Hopefully they get impatient and do something rash and it backfires, because god knows the Macedonians wont do anything to stop it so pray that they screw it up themselves.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

From the link in the first post:
              ДУИ до ВМРО-ДПМНЕ: Или консензуален кандидат или нема коалиција

Или консензуален кандидат за претседател на државата или ја напуштаме коалицијата. Ова е пораката која ДУИ, во интервјуто на Ермира Мехмети за весникот „Вест“ му ја испрати на коалицискиот партнер ВМРО-ДПМНЕ.

„Ова ќе биде тест за владината коалиција. Ние веруваме дека во досегашната соработка со ВМРО-ДПМНЕ сме создавале меѓусебна доверба за да можеме да ги надминеме овие разлики. Освен тоа, политика со инает не се води“, изјавила пратеничката на ДУИ Мехмети и додаде дека евентуалниот предлог на ВМРО-ДПМНЕ за втор мандат на актуелниот претседател на Македонија Ѓорге Иванов за партијата на Али Ахмети ќе значи дека сите опции се отворени.

Демократската унија за интеграција веќе подолго време ја заговара идејата на претседателските избори да се излезе со консензуален кандидат, прифатлив и за Македонците и за Албанците од Македонија.
              This basically means they want the right to veto a Macedonian candidate for president, or they will leave the coalition. I know it is a very unlikely scenario, but if DPNE say no and DUI leave the coalition, is there any law that would prohibit the two main Macedonian parties binding in a coalition to form a majority in government?
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                From the link in the first post:

This basically means they want the right to veto a Macedonian candidate for president, or they will leave the coalition. I know it is a very unlikely scenario, but if DPNE say no and DUI leave the coalition, is there any law that would prohibit the two main Macedonian parties binding in a coalition to form a majority in government?
                Of course not. But it would be a fairly unworkable government in all honesty. They have very divergent social and economic policies.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  Of course not. But it would be a fairly unworkable government in all honesty. They have very divergent social and economic policies.
                  Would it be correct in saying that, even if such a government were to be formed, its Macedonian majority power would still be curtailed by the Albanians through the Badinter Principle, which would consequently render such a majority as useless?
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Would it be correct in saying that, even if such a government were to be formed, it's Macedonian majority power would still be curtailed by the Albanians through the Badinter Principle, which would consequently render such a majority as useless?
                    In theory, the Badinter Principle only applies to 40 or so areas of law. In practice, and DUI has done this before, they can shut down the entire work of the government by threatening to veto Bills relating to those laws when they feel they want to reform areas where the Badinter Principle does not legally apply but they don't have the numbers to change them. This is what some people who argue that the Badinter Principle is limited and 'not that bad' just don't get - the politics outplay the legal limitations, making the BP an atrocious idea in all respects.

DUI has also used the Badinter Principle to blackmail its way into the governing coalition after the 2006 elections. Given its numbers in Parliament, DUI alone was able to block all legislation requiring passage through the Badinter Principle and did so, demanding it be invited to join the government. While using the Badinter Principle to create obstructions at the central level, it ignored its observance at the local level where it held control of municipal councils. International pressure to negotiate with DUI from the European Union was applied to DPMNE, which finally agreed invite DUI into the governing coalition. DUI only unblocked the legislative impasse it created after it had secured the infamous Skopje Agreement with Gruevski and joined the governing coalition.

So, to answer your question in short, yes, such a majority would be meaningless as long as they wield the veto power. DUI could easily create a scene with the use of the BP and ask for international assistance to resolve the "crisis" - and we all know that DPMNE and SDSM would cave as soon as the heat becomes too much for them, which would almost be instantly. In fact, I'm pretty sure DUI could get what they wanted without even using the BP, but is use would make it a done deal considering the vassals that supposedly represent the Macedonians.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Thanks for the response. The BP is divisive and undemocratic, and its acceptance (within and along with the FA) was a treacherous action which has significantly contributed to the downward spiral of Macedonia. By the way, I spent some time going over your extended analysis of the Framework Agreement again.

The following are extracts from a paper that I had published in a peer-reviewed academic publication. The Framework Agreement Part I After decades of ethnonational tensions between Macedonians and Albanians, armed conflict broke out between Macedonian Government forces and the Albanian National Liberation Army (NLA), a

Very well written and a must read for people with an interest in the subject, particularly Macedonians who want to know and understand the truth.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Thanks for the response. The BP is divisive and undemocratic, and its acceptance (within and along with the FA) was a treacherous action which has significantly contributed to the downward spiral of Macedonia. By the way, I spent some time going over your extended analysis of the Framework Agreement again.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...nter+principle

Very well written and a must read for people with an interest in the subject, particularly Macedonians who want to know and understand the truth.
                        I'm working on an updated and expanded version of that as part of my research. I might post it on here when its ready.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

I read an article on a thread here where the Albanians dare not use the power of veto agains't the Macedonians.They reckon it could be the straw that broke the camels back.
                          What do you think Tom do the Albanians really control the upperhand when they really control the power of veto.I think it will be chaos if the Albanians do exercise their veto.I think we may yet get to another 2001 situation again.Think what the Albanians are really after,they know exactly what they want ,no beating around the bush there.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

The ethnic Albanians have been using it for all intents and purposes every day. The Macedonians don't want to be reminded of it so they do not test that constitutional nightmare. So the country has been in an induced coma since 2001.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                              I read an article on a thread here where the Albanians dare not use the power of veto agains't the Macedonians.They reckon it could be the straw that broke the camels back.
                              What do you think Tom do the Albanians really control the upperhand when they really control the power of veto.I think it will be chaos if the Albanians do exercise their veto.I think we may yet get to another 2001 situation again.Think what the Albanians are really after,they know exactly what they want ,no beating around the bush there.
                              George, the Albanians have used the veto power multiple times. The camel doesn't have a back - or a spine at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X