X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VMRO
    • Sep 2008

Was Mother Teresa full Albanian?
    Her brothers name was Lazar, sound Albanian?
    Her father's name was Nikolle?

There are also claims that her parents originated from Kosovo... sound familiar?
    Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

Inregards to thresa doing it she was running the mission & receiving funds from the vatican.The real work was done by the sisters of mercy.Working with the poor like that in the slums i think the vatican will give her a sainthood.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
        Anybody that is willing to spend their lives in the slums of India to help the sick and needy is a Saint in my opinion. Now regarding politcal matters and what country she should be honored is a different story.
        You should watch the documentary I posted on page 1. It will dispell the myth of Teresa.
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
          Was Mother Teresa full Albanian?
          Her brothers name was Lazar, sound Albanian?
          Her father's name was Nikolle?

There are also claims that her parents originated from Kosovo... sound familiar?
          It doesn't matter considering what she did.

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

She was part of the sisters of mercy, she did amazing missionary work , and as such, that cannot be denied.
            She was born in Skopje, in Macedonia, like I was born in Australia, 1st generation to Macedonian migrant parents, if I was someone that devoted my life to work as a missionary, overseas, and Australia were to honour me with a memorial in the country I was born, then there would be no issue
            The point is , she did not say she was Macedonian, and this is where the argument lies. I proudly state my ethnicity as Macedonian, and call myself an Australian Macedonian, where I am born, and am loyal to my place of birth, this country has afforded me and my Macedonian people the right to self determination, to my basic human rights, to speak Macedonian, go to Macedonian Orthodox church, Mother Theresa did not do anything to support or assist the Macedonian people, and the saying charity begins at home, she did not help our people
            I do not have any aversion to a memorial , I believe there is already one in Skopje, and that is enough
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
              She was part of the sisters of mercy, she did amazing missionary work , and as such, that cannot be denied.
              She was born in Skopje, in Macedonia, like I was born in Australia, 1st generation to Macedonian migrant parents, if I was someone that devoted my life to work as a missionary, overseas, and Australia were to honour me with a memorial in the country I was born, then there would be no issue
              The point is , she did not say she was Macedonian, and this is where the argument lies. I proudly state my ethnicity as Macedonian, and call myself an Australian Macedonian, where I am born, and am loyal to my place of birth, this country has afforded me and my Macedonian people the right to self determination, to my basic human rights, to speak Macedonian, go to Macedonian Orthodox church, Mother Theresa did not do anything to support or assist the Macedonian people, and the saying charity begins at home, she did not help our people
              I do not have any aversion to a memorial , I believe there is already one in Skopje, and that is enough
              Julie the point is not that she considered herself Macedonian even. She laid flowers on a Greater Albanian monument. This in itself is evident enough of what type of "missionary" she was. She involved herself with politics when she should have stayed in Calcutta. Unfortunately, as Hitchens' video describes, the illusion Agnes Gonxha summoned in the Catholic form of "Mother Teresa" was just that. An illusion. Here's an article of how "great" a missionary she was.

The western media, beginning with Malcolm Muggeridge's starry-eyed BBC television programme in 1968, built Teresa up as the world's kindest and most honourable soul - overlooking the fact that her mission in life, unlike Gandhi's, was more to promote religion than to improve the lot of the poor. Her call to thousands of pregnant Bangladeshi women raped by Pakistani soldiers during the liberation war in East Bengal to have their babies was definitely prompted by her Catholic faith. But she never said a word against the widespread abortion of female foetuses practised in India because she knew that to speak out would damage the Missionaries of Charity in India. When in 1980 one of her order's homes in north London caught fire as a result of insufficient precautions, nine women burnt to death. But such was the aura of its reputation in the West that there was no proper investigation into the incident.
              From the evidence he documents, it is clear that Teresa often deliberately misled journalists with spurious statistics about her charitable work. Even in her Nobel acceptance speech in 1979, she falsely claimed to have picked up 36,000 destitutes from the streets of Calcutta, knowing that no western journalist would attempt to verify the statement of a pious and fragile nun. According to Chatterjee's estimate, the real figure is between 500 and 700 destitutes for the entire period of her operation in Calcutta since the 1930s, during which time there were a number of catastrophic natural and political disasters, such as the famine of 1943-44, the partition of Bengal in 1947 and the refugee influx from East Pakistan in 1971. The fact is that the Missionaries of Charity generally do not pick up the destitutes, they refer them to Calcutta Corporation's ambulance service. Only when no city hospital will take the dying are they brought to the Missionaries of Charity. Mostly, the order's ambulances are used as taxis by the nuns.

Comment

• Ljubanec
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                You should watch the documentary I posted on page 1. It will dispell the myth of Teresa.
                I agree, she was not a saint. I am holding back words at what an evil person she was.
                Watch the documentary. She was an evil witch.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

She wasn't even a friend of Macedonia her birth country. Upon one of her visits to communist Albania she laid a wreath to a monument of Greater Albania. Saint? Or political tool for the Catholic Church?

YouTube - ‪Christopher Hitchens - Mother Teresa: Hell's Angel‬‏

Those who want to see Teresa lay the wreaths on this monument watch between 18:15 - 19:00.

I recommend everyone watch this documentary. I was once a fan for this women and I was all for building something in her name in Skopje. Now I am all for demolishing it and her memory.
                  TM,

I'm no fan of Mother Teresa, nor have I been, but that is because of different reasons. Other than showing that she was a hypocrite (much like himself), Hitchens didn't really do anything else other than dramatise the harsh realities that she had to work with. It was a very one-sided presentation with lots of scary music in the background and an ugly picture of her.

You seem to have a very low standard for evidence, which you accept uncritically...I really should pay more attention to all of the research you post on here.

As for her pro-Albanian tendancies, well, if she considered herself an Albanian, that's not at all suprising. What is also not suprising is a Macedonian push to build statues of non-Macedonians who have had a negative impact on the state.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    TM,

I'm no fan of Mother Teresa, nor have I been, but that is because of different reasons. Other than showing that she was a hypocrite (much like himself), Hitchens didn't really do anything else other than dramatise the harsh realities that she had to work with. It was a very one-sided presentation with lots of scary music in the background and an ugly picture of her.

You seem to have a very low standard for evidence, which you accept uncritically...I really should pay more attention to all of the research you post on here.

As for her pro-Albanian tendancies, well, if she considered herself an Albanian, that's not at all suprising. What is also not suprising is a Macedonian push to build statues of non-Macedonians who have had a negative impact on the state.
                    Normally I would be offended by this statement. But considering it's coming from someone who thinks the world is 5000 years old I'll politely remain silent

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

I have limited internet usage. The hypocracies of the Catholics church and laying wreath for greater Albania does not warrant a statue in Macedonia , will watch it when am able ro
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Normally I would be offended by this statement. But considering it's coming from someone who thinks the world is 5000 years old I'll politely remain silent
                        TM, you need to look at the evidence critically and draw logical conclusions from it. What exactly was the "clincher" for you re Teresa? The scary music or the ugly picture? Other than pointing out that she's a hypocrite, what was the emmense evil she was responsible for? What evidence did Hitchens provide? Were you convinced by the speculation or the irrelevant commentary?

On the 5000 years thing, I've posted numerous problems with the dating methods and the assumptions that they are based on. If you're happy to accept dating methods that rely on unprovable assumptions and unknown variables, then thats fine. But I really can't accept a dating method until it is based on known and provable variables. So you trying to take some sort of "cheap shot" at that just further demonstrates your willingness to uncritically accept an unprovable hypothesis (what is generally called baseless speculation in academia - though apparantly not in some scientific circles) as fact.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                          TM, you need to look at the evidence critically and draw logical conclusions from it. What exactly was the "clincher" for you re Teresa? The scary music or the ugly picture? Other than pointing out that she's a hypocrite, what was the emmense evil she was responsible for? What evidence did Hitchens provide? Were you convinced by the speculation or the irrelevant commentary?

On the 5000 years thing, I've posted numerous problems with the dating methods and the assumptions that they are based on. If you're happy to accept dating methods that rely on unprovable assumptions and unknown variables, then thats fine. But I really can't accept a dating method until it is based on known and provable variables. So you trying to take some sort of "cheap shot" at that just further demonstrates your willingness to uncritically accept an unprovable hypothesis (what is generally called baseless speculation in academia - though apparantly not in some scientific circles) as fact.
                          If you watch the video from 5:05 - 10:07 then you'll see what a wretch she was.

As for the cheap shot (I admit it was a cheap shot) let's be honest on who took the first cheap shot.
                          Considering the research I have provided the MTO I find your low blow comical.

I think you are over critical of the source because he's a well known atheist and you won't allow yourself to look past this. However Hitchens is a journalist and a writer who has the respect of his peers and adversaries. You may not like what he has to say about religion. And that's your right. But he didn't pull things out of a hat against Agnes Gonxha. He used eyewitness accounts and well known facts. http://books.google.com/books?id=PTg...page&q&f=false

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

TM, I watched the whole video. What points exactly are you referring to? The quality of her assistance? Or not having enough medications? What do you expect in India? Maybe she should not have helped anyone? Have you ever been to a Macedonian hospital? The conditions there are very similar - except that noone is willing to help you unless you 'know someone' or you can pay up front.

I couldn't care less about Hitchens and his beliefs. Its his inability to provide thoroughly researched and evidentially supported views.

Like I said, I think I should start paying closer attention to the "research" you do contribute to the MTO. I used to just assume you knew what you were talking about, but as of late, it seems you readily accept anything you come across.

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Vangelovski , that is a little harsh bro , I appreciate true MAcedonians findings , can we please be kinder and more tolerant to each other . We are all MAcedonian brothers and sisters and here united in our fight for our cause .

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
                                Vangelovski , that is a little harsh bro , I appreciate true MAcedonians findings , can we please be kinder and more tolerant to each other . We are all MAcedonian brothers and sisters and here united in our fight for our cause .
                                Julie, don't give me the whole warm and fuzzy speil. Solid view points demand hard evidence, not dramatisations.

Comment

Working...
                                X