Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomche Makedonche
    • Oct 2011

As our current supposed nation state has willingly surrendered any desires of unification of the Macedonian people and since this thread seems to kinda disregard current practical reality and lean more towards illustrious desires, I'll add in an "out of the box" thought.

I'd like to see the municipalities of Lerin, Pella, Novaci, Bitola and Resen, through democratic vote, all secede from their current states and unite under an elective monarchy to establish the new "Kingdom of Macedon". Since coincidentally the ancient city of Pella is within this new entities borders, I assume it could be a fitting capital, however if from a geographic and practical sense it might be better to create a new capital positioned at a central location, then we can do that too and call it, I don't know... "Nova Pella"

Any neighbouring municipalities or surrounding territories who wish to do likewise and secede from their existing states to join this new entity, must simply pledge their allegiance first and foremost to Pella (or Nova Pella), after all as is the case with all kingdoms, its interests lie in expansion , anyone else out there interested?

Riste as I recall you claim to descend from royal lineage, perhaps you can volunteer yourself as a candidate for the crown?, any other royals or nobles amongst us? hehe
    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Niko777
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BigMak View Post
      Rom should be lobbying Agean Macedonian villagers and helping Macedonians promote a Breakaway region to move new boarders to join the republic in a relief based result of the economic and financial crisis that Greece is currently facing, there is no reason why our people need to subject themselves to further humiliation, Many Egejci have played the financial card to stay in greek borders in the past, well here is a financial reason for them to agree on siding with ROM. The eventual Euro collapse in greece for the new drachma exchange will be devastating for them.
      The only way Egejci will break away is if their living conditions become drastically worse (losing both jobs and pensions) and if living conditions in the Republic of Macedonia become significantly better. That's the sad truth! Unfortunately the Macedonian government is not investing a single cent in Bitola and this has a really negative reflection for the whole country from the Aegean's perspective. Oh yea and RoM will never lobby for Aegean Macedonian villages to break away, they would much rather lobby for Albanian villages to break away in Serbia's Preshevo valley....

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Niko how silly that is the rom govt has got it's priorities wrong.The very thing of looking after it's people in foreign lands has been totally ignored.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• boyphenom666
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
          The Island of Crete and Corfu have been looking at their options to separate from mainland Greece. They are sick of the problems caused by corrupt and incompetent politicians and the negative effect it has on their region.

Here's hope for similar occurances in Aegean Macedonia. It won't happen but you can only hope.
          That's what most people would have said about Macedonia becoming independent in, say, 1985? Remember what loyal "Yugoslavians" many of our people were. Not that Yugoslavia was all bad, mind you, but blood is thicker than water.

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
            • Jun 2011

Is he praising communists and calling his enemies fascists? lol what year does this guy live in?

Comment

Working...
            X