X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicsinad
    • May 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    I don't agree with this at all George and decades of research have shown that it’s a false argument. In fact, research and experience shows that had the victims been armed themselves, some of them at least would have survived and at least some of the perpetrators would have gotten what was coming to them.
    And decades of research and experience has also shown that more gun availability equals more gun deaths. Most people -- even where gun laws are virtually nonexistent -- still don't go walking and driving around to common destinations with loaded guns.

So even if the victims in this case had guns at home -- which we don't know, they may have had several-- the likeliness that they would have taken them with them fishing is probably the same as had if they not had guns.

Of course we don't need research to show that "if I have a gun and you have a gun either none of us are going to die or both of us are going to die." The reality is, that even with lenient gun laws, most people don't seek out guns...and if they have guns, they don't take them many places. And if they do take them places, the type of weapons are usually handguns or rifles, not assault weapons.

Comment

• DedoAleko
      • Jun 2009

Our police arrested Ali Shukri, the so called mentor and leader of the killers,after he was extradited from Kosovo!

izvor: http://kanal5.com.mk/default.aspx?mI...eventId=100748
      Last edited by DedoAleko; 12-05-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• United MKD
        • Jul 2011

Good news.

Comment

• DedoAleko
          • Jun 2009

The trial of the suspects should start now in December. December will be extra turbulent for RoM.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

I don't like the way our special police units are portrayed in these situations.
            I think it creates too much of a menacing image, to watch units in balaclavas and black uniforms, tooled up to the max apprehending nothing more than some shiptar thug.

That might be appropriate in the initial raid and capture, where the mofo can be given a good old school beat down away from the public domain but the actual procedure of charging this thug and bringing him to the police station or courthouse should be done without the 'pomp and ceremony' of a special operations exercise.

I fear it sends the wrong messages to both sides in this conflict...it makes us feel intimidated, that only our best law enforcement personnel are capable of handling the situation, while portraying shiptar thugs as the bad-asses of the Balkans.

The special operations shit should be in the background and never seen, while the public perception should be of efficiency, control and routine.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              I don't like the way our special police units are portrayed in these situations.
              I think it creates too much of a menacing image, to watch units in balaclavas and black uniforms, tooled up to the max apprehending nothing more than some shiptar thug.

That might be appropriate in the initial raid and capture, where the mofo can be given a good old school beat down away from the public domain but the actual procedure of charging this thug and bringing him to the police station or courthouse should be done without the 'pomp and ceremony' of a special operations exercise.

I fear it sends the wrong messages to both sides in this conflict...it makes us feel intimidated, that only our best law enforcement personnel are capable of handling the situation, while portraying shiptar thugs as the bad-asses of the Balkans.

The special operations shit should be in the background and never seen, while the public perception should be of efficiency, control and routine.
              Unfortunately, Macedonia being the chaotic nightmare that it is, I think hiding their identity is necessary for the protection of the police officers and their families. If they weren't allowed to hide their identity, they would never agree to do these jobs.

Some much needs to happen in Macedonia before police officers can get rid of the balaclavas. But 'western' forces do the same, particularly with high profile or dangerous criminals. I've seen the same in Western Europe and Australia.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• MKPrilep
                • Mar 2009

Alia has been sentenced to three years in prison by a Macedonian court for harassing Muslim priests when he in 2005 tried to force a change of leadership of the Islamic Community of Macedonia.

Alia was also previously arrested in the town of Debar "along with a large quantity of explosives", while the police treat him as a suspect in the murder of a taxi driver near the village of Vizbegovo.

The Macedonian police (MUP) also said that they were not ruling out the influence of this Kosovo-born ethnic Albanian on the persons arrested for killing five people near Skopje on Good Friday.

Spokesman Ivo Kotevski said that Alia, who is a Macedonian citizen, appeared to have "initiated unrest" in the wake of the suspects' arrests.

The reason the police are investigating his involvement, Kotevski said, was because "operative information place him as one of the main ideologists and mentors of radical Islam followers in Macedonia".
                WHY HE IS A MAC. CITIZEN???? THANKS TO THE PERSON WHO GAVE HIM THE PASSPORT!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Will we ever find out how many Kosovo born Macedonian citizens live in Macedonia?
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

i have allways said that albanians are immune from our system of govt be it census which they lie or be the breaking our laws including murder.With the gaining of priveleges & their claim that they are the victims could have fooled nearly everyone.They are getting away with it as they say in the classics.
                    Last edited by George S.; 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                      • Nov 2009

6 Macedonian Muslims go on trial over 'terrorist' killings of 5 fishermen

Published December 20, 2012

Associated Press

SKOPJE, Macedonia – Six Muslim men have gone on trial in Macedonia over the killings of five fishermen near the capital, Skopje. Prosecutors are presenting the case as a terrorism-related attack.

According to the indictment, the fishermen were killed so as to "cause fear among the population" and to harm the small Balkan country's security.

Four defendants appeared in court Thursday and another two are being tried in absentia.

If found guilty, the suspects would face a minimum 10-year prison sentence.

April's fatal lake shooting of the fishermen, all of whom belonged to the country's ethnic Macedonian majority, fueled tension with the mostly Muslim ethnic Albanian minority.

The court accepted the defendants' demand that the prosecution present all the evidence against them. The trial will continue in January.

Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Oh now they are Macedonian Muslims. For fuck's sake! Can the media give Macedonia a break for a minute. It's an ethnic Albanian when it is fighting for human rights and a Macedonian muslim when it is a crazy terrorist. Macedonia needs to deal with this rubbish on a daily basis and it is failing!
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

what utter rubbish religion & ethnic tensions do not give rise to killing indiscriminitaley of civilians.It's another dodgy excuse to make us look bad that the albanians are like a victim.
                          The killers don't see themselves as macedonian muslims.It's all made to look that it's ok they are fighting for human rights what fucking rights they enjoy more rights & priveleges than macedonian citizens.It makes a mockery of the whole thing i wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens or a light sentence is given to these killers.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• momce
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2012

should expect more of these incidents on and off..some circles want to keep tensions

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Ten years seems a bit light for executing five people, four of them teenagers.
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X