• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sweet Sixteen
    Banned
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
    the golden dawn party seems to be keeping on.Can the greek govt legislate agains't it.As an alternative party it seems to be having some admiration by some as it still wants to be thriving no matter what.
    Well, an easy answer is NO. The Government or the Parliament cannot outlaw a political party. Nevertheless, they DO try and until recently there were clear indications of a serious attempt, signs of a political-legislative-judicial-media conspiracy against Golden Dawn.

We’ll have to wait until the elections. It’s also quite probable that two not imprisoned major figures of the party (Helias Casidiares running for Mayor of Athens, Helias Panagiotaros running for Peripheriarch of Attica) will also be imprisoned shortly before the elections. (This is their poster).

The Golden Dawn percentage in the European Elections is really hard to be forecasted as they are (illegally) banned from all media and based on a new law their state financing has stopped. Their target group is considered unstable and unpredictable. It is unknown how new imprisonments, bans or revealing videos will affect the public before the elections. My guess is they will be around 10-15%.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

well you know how hitler came to power in bad economic conditions.On the pretence of improving the economy etc look how the Nazis came to power.I do not underestimate these golden dawn people for a minute as they already must have plans down.Not if but when.Not that I would want them in power but that is the worse scenario.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
        Banned
        • Jan 2014

From unclear source (it's not stated where this estimation comes from). Of course the two districts on the left (Drama and Kavala) are part of Macedonia, not Thrace.

The official Greek estimation in 1999 was Xanthe (Muslims: 41%), Rodope (52%), Evros (5%). I don't even know if that referred to the 1991 census (the last one that recorded religion) or if it was somehow updated. So, let's see what the elections will show.

======
        Last edited by Sweet Sixteen; 05-01-2014, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

I would not believe any demographic stats coming from Greece.They have been understating the statistics & censuses of the different minorities,Understating & denying is a tool in trade.They say when claiming Macedonians that there are only a couple of thousands of people & they are slav Macedonians when there could be 100's of thousands.Why should we believe them .I don't.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
            Banned
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
            Lately, there are several scenarios and worries that Golden Dawn will somehow be blocked from elections, and that is yet to see. Elections are in a month from now.
            Areopagus, the Higher Court of Greece decided a few hours ago, that Golden Dawn can normally participate in the European Elections among a total of 43 (!) parties.

Among them are Rainbow Party, the new Muslim party (Party of Equality, Peace and Friendship), two parties advocating drachma (Drachma and Plan B) and... National Dawn, the reserve party of Golden Dawn that would substitute them in case they were banned.

Local elections are in a week from now. The second round of local elections and European Elections are in two weeks from now.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

isn't it just dandy the golden dawn can participate in the elections are you sure the judge is not a golden dawn member.?Why don't we just bring back hitler from the grave.
              Govts especially the greek & Bulgarian ones would be silly if they didn't understate the population.Its part of their propaganda.They do it literally .If you had 400,000 people the'll say we only have a couple thousand slavophones.That's why I don't believe them even if I see charts & figures.Its part of their propaganda to lie.How about the claim that everybody in Greece is greek.Their claim is that its 100% homogenous.That is the biggest lie.You go to see that Greece is mostly inhabited by anything but greeks.
              Last edited by George S.; 05-11-2014, 04:11 PM.
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
                Banned
                • Jan 2014

isn't it just dandy the golden dawn can participate in the elections are you sure the judge is not a golden dawn member.?Why don't we just bring back hitler from the grave.
                Well, no. The decision is both correct and normal. What was not normal is that (at some point earlier) there was a massive media speculation suggesting a different decision was possible or even certain. That really worried many as it would mean some sort of judicial coup d'etat. We saw the same "process" before the arrest and imprisonment of Golden Dawn leaders, which DID happen right afterwards.

Areopagus DOES NOT have such power, as far as my legal knowledge goes. What they do is a typical check that political parties provided on time the necessary documents, that candidates have legal papers and political rights etc. This body can not outlaw a political party that is legal, major and (actually) a parliament party, especially without some process (e.g. a trial).

Govts especially the greek & Bulgarian ones would be silly if they didn't understate the population.Its part of their propaganda.They do it literally .If you had 400,000 people the'll say we only have a couple thousand slavophones.That's why I don't believe them even if I see charts & figures.Its part of their propaganda to lie.How about the claim that everybody in Greece is greek.Their claim is that its 100% homogenous.That is the biggest lie.You go to see that Greece is mostly inhabited by anything but greeks.
                We'll see the results for Muslims and Rainbow Party in ten days, so you'll have updated and objective data for interpretation.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

I remember reading an article saying that the Macedonians were finshed as they had an Albanian problem.,But who has the real problem Macedonia has one but the greeks are also affected I read that there is more than 800k of Albanians in Greece.
                  WE know it will be manipulated data of course.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
                    Also, the Muslims of Thrace will have an independent minority candidate for peripheriarch of Eastern Macedonia & Thrace and probably candidate Mayors in Xanthe and Comotene. Truth is a similar attempt in 2010 (for Mayors only) didn’t go very well: 7% in Xanthe, 8% in Comotene.
                    Eventually, they are not running for Mayors or Peripheriarchs, they're participating only in European Elections (just like the Rainbow Party). So, results will come next Sunday.

===
                    Last edited by Sweet Sixteen; 05-18-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

who cares if Greece loses thrace ,did they held any rights to hold on to the place?If people examine the real situation they might see that the greeks very little right to hold onto thrace.It allways says about the greekness of things but when examines the truth one finds a sham for a land grab.
                      Unless Greece wants a full scale war with turkey I'm sure it doesn't.Greece is being stubborn & unwilling to compromise on many fronts its like crying over spilt milk.
                      Last edited by George S.; 05-21-2014, 01:06 PM.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                      X