• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian
    Banned
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post
    i hope that our sniper will give him a gift
    Sometimes the easiest way to silence someone is not to listen to them. Who are the bastards going to see him speak? It would be fitting if noone turned up.

Likewise, if people stopped buying any newspapers where those traitorous journalists work and sent a letter/email to their bosses telling them the reason they have stopped buying their newspaper is because of those journalists, maybe those journalists will be fired or the papers go broke. It really is in the hands of individuals - people power works, you just need the numbers.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
      • Sep 2008

Chatzimarkakis: Many People in Greece speak Macedonian

Friday, 04 November 2011

Greeks can pretend all they like... but in the end, they all end up speaking Macedonian ;-)

Chatzirmakakis speaks Macedonian at a Press Conference: (he is of Greek ethnicity with German passport)

I am glad to be here and that I am able to say a few words in Macedonian. Lately, there have been signals from Brussels that point to difficulties and I condemn this, because I still believe in the swift accession of your country in the EU. I have only one goal, and that is to help your country join the EU as soon as possible, Member of European Parliament (MEP) Jorgo Chatzimarkakis addressed Friday's press conference speaking Macedonian.
      The German MEP of Greek descent, who co-chairs the Macedonia-EU Joint Parliamentary Committee, said the country registered progress in all areas, which has been noted in the European Commission report.

"In general, the EC report is positive. Progress has been noted in all chapters, more in some, less in others. The truth is that the country is moving forward, and we are here to keep this up and help you", stressed Chatzimarkakis.
      Chatzimarkakis stressed he would convey to the EC the Macedonian Parliament's resolution, which protests the failure to use adjective "Macedonian" in the last three Commission reports, hoping this would be corrected in the next report.

"At the Joint Parliamentary Committee we supported the amendment noting the Parliament's Resolution over the absence of term 'Macedonian' in the EC Progress Report. This adjective was used until 2009, but has been missing in the last three reports. We expect the Commission to note the negative perception by your citizens, taking it into consideration when preparing next year's report", added the German MEP.

The meeting also focused on the Ohrid Framework Agreement implementation, cultural diversity, reforms in public administration and fight against corruption, civil society and media freedom, eurozone crisis and effects on the Western Balkan region, especially due to the situation in Greece. Transport corridors and the use of European funds for their realization were also tackled.

At yesterday's meeting with Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski, MEP Chatzimarkakis congratulated the country's 20. independence anniversary and the Ohrid accord 10. anniversary, but also the fact there is no other EU candidate or member state which has such enormous Union support of 90 percent.
      "There are many EU member-states that dream of such high support", he added.

Asked if he would suffer consequences in Greece due to his address in Macedonian language, Chatzimarkakis said he was not afraid since a lot of people in Greece speak Macedonian and have no problems".

"There are many people in Greece who speak Macedonian and there are no problems with the language, which is named Macedonian. One of the former foreign ministers proposed it is called Macedonian", underlined Chatzimarkakis.

Perhaps too ironic, but Greece's ex PM Kostas Karamanlis had a grandmother who was ethnic Macedonian. In fact she didn't speak Greek. It was widely known that Karamanlis spoke Macedonian, however his anti-Macedonian stance was so great that it ruined his political career.
      http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/19525/2/

LOL...his phonetic when he speek macedonian reminds me on a robot

Chatzimarkakis: Many People in Greece speak Macedonian - YouTube
      1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
      2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Zarni
        Banned
        • May 2011

Pretend all you like Chatzimarkakis your actions and intentions speak loader then your Macedonian how dissapointing that there have been no protest by Citizens Macedonains have no idea about Civil Society

Comment

• Niko777
          • Oct 2010

Chatzimarkakis called the language "Makedonski" when speaking in English, which means he probably wants that term to be used to replace the English term "Macedonian". This will cause confusion and people will think "Makedonski" is not related to "Macedonian".

Comment

• Ljubanec
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
            Chatzimarkakis called the language "Makedonski" when speaking in English, which means he probably wants that term to be used to replace the English term "Macedonian". This will cause confusion and people will think "Makedonski" is not related to "Macedonian".
            We will except nothing but the adjective Macedonian in terms of our ethnicity and name of our language in English. When speaking in Macedonian, that same adjective is- Македонски. It isn't even on the table and if it was it should be non-negotiable just like our name. I don't trust this bastard.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

He sems to be rad.. ing it of a pap.. per dp.I hope that doesn't mean a name change to enter eu.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
                • Apr 2010

I don't know if this already shown up in Macedonia news agencies but i just saw this in western Thrace Turkish news websites;

The metropolitan of Salonika, Anthimos attacked Chatzimarkakis during his sunday prayer speech. He said that there is nothing but Greek language in Macedonia and there is no such a thing as Macedonian language in Greece as claimed by Chatzimarkakis. He called him a traitor. He also warned Greeks against the raising threat from Skopje;

"Skopians says that Greeks are loosing power and this is the best time to get back Aegean Macedonia. Greeks should be careful against this Skopian threat" said Anthimos

He said that it`s vital for Greece to remain in the EU and called people to support new government.

He also complained about the Bulgarians, who tries to sell candles to the Greeks in front of the churches in Greece. He called everyone to stop buying candles from Bulgarians.

In Turkish;

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Wow, I wonder what else he prays for???
                  Perhaps a soap making facility for dead Macedonians.

God dress him.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• El Bre
                    • Sep 2008

"Skopians says that Greeks are loosing power and this is the best time to get back Aegean Macedonia. Greeks should be careful against this Skopian threat" said Anthimos
                    Not only is this naive and incredibly irresponsible, but, it's also unabashed fear mongering of the worst kind.

That's just what the RoM needs right now, to take over Aegean Macedonia.
                    And then what? another population exchange?

I never cease to be amazed...

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                      Not only is this naive and incredibly irresponsible, but, it's also unabashed fear mongering of the worst kind.

That's just what the RoM needs right now, to take over Aegean Macedonia.
                      And then what? another population exchange?

I never cease to be amazed...
                      El Bre, they will never stop thinking about that, no matter what Macedonian government says or does. They will always fear about that as long as Macedonian state exists regardless you change your state`s name or not. Their fear comes from their illegitimacy in there. They know that deep in their heart and thats why they fear that much.

It`s same with Aegean islands [they took it all in 1923] and Cyprus [they took it in 1974]. Papandreu once confessed in a press conference that he is waking up every morning if Turkey took over the Aegean islands during the night. It`s not difficult to guess why they fear. I mean, why you don't fear like if Greece takes over ROM one day or why Albania doesn't fear about southern Albania or why Turks doesn't fear about Istanbul despite neverending Greek claims???

Comment

• Voltron
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

El bre, dont pay too much attention to it. Its a form of scaremongering in order to have the people keep pressure on the politicians. Most dont take it to serious. If he indeed said what he did. Il give it the benefit of the doubt for the sake of an argument.

Onur, Papamoron is an idiot. No Greek fears any Turk taking over an island.
                        We dont fear you, Molon Lave.

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

Chatzimarkakis: I spoke "Makedonski"and not Macedonian

The people who speak Makedonski in Greece are Skopjean tourists

Chatzimarkakis: I spoke "Makedonski"and not "Macedonian" - YouTube
                          Last edited by Niko777; 11-19-2011, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

How dumb can these people be. 'Macedonian' is the english translation of 'Makedonski' in Macedonian and 'Makedonika' in Greek. It means the same thing. This tired old Greek argument is as stupid as one suggesting that the term 'English' and its Macedonian translation 'Angliski' or 'Engleski' are unrelated.

The people who speak Macedonian in the Macedonian part of Greece are both the indigenous Macedonians of the region and their brethren who visit from the Macedonian republic and elsewhere. Greeks themselves have specifically used the term 'Makedonika' to refer to the Macedonian language on a number of occasions:

Makedonika is how the Macedonian language would be named in 'Greek', it is not a 'Greek' dialect. I CHALLENGE ANY GREEK TO PROVIDE ME DOCUMENTS FROM THE OTTOMAN PERIOD IN MACEDONIA THAT SPEAK OF MAKEDONIKA AS A "GREEK" DIALECT. Any irrelevant links to useless websites that do not cite credible documents from the
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

These people are trying to confuse the English speaking world by making them believe that "Makedonski" is not in anyway related to anything Macedonian.

Comment

• Onur
                                • Apr 2010

He probably scared of from the snake tongue of Athimos and now trying to "correct" himself desperately. The dark hand of Anthimos even reaches to the MPs in Germany. Yes, he is Greek but he is an MP in Germany anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X