• Show
Clear All
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

Neos Kosmos against Pande Aslakov, President of Ovcharani

The president filoskopianos Melite Australia

Chairman of Meliti Always Aslakof-Anastasiadis

16 Aug 2011

Australia tour chairman of Meliti Always Aslakof-Anastasiadis, chief dance group from this border village in Florina.

According to information from the 'New World', Panagiotis Anastasiadis Always Aslakof as he wants to prosfonoun is a guest of Macedonians in Australia and leads the dance group that will participate in the events of the Macedonians to complete twenty years of independence of FYROM.

Paddy Aslakof Anastasiadis-known throughout Greece for provocative statements to the media in Skopje and Greece for the composition of the population of Meliti and the untrue claims of the Macedonians. "
    In a recent interview in the newspapers of Macedonia «Novamakedonjia» and «Dnevnik» Aslakof the always-provocative Anastasiadis stated:

"In Meliti live about 2,300 Macedonians, few Albanians (SS mean the Albanians), Turks (pp means the Pontian) and no Greek."

They are untrue, misleading claims of always-Aslakof Anastasiadis, opposes apostomotika o Metropolitan of Florina, Mr. Theoklitos with the following statement:

"With deep sorrow and indignation, I was informed by the type of statements in a newspaper in Skopje President of Local Community Meliti, Panagiotis Anastasiadis.

Mr Anastasiadis, situated apparently mandated mission, told a newspaper in Skopje that the local community Melite "live about 2,300 Macedonians, few Albanians, Turks, and few Greeks." In its declaration we can observe the following:

1. The Meliti and residents know them by the year 1967. From the position of Chancellor, but also from that of the spiritual father I got to know in depth the benevolent people with whom logged spiritually so much so that I regard as Meliti "own city". I loved all the Melitiotes without discrimination and segregation. But the residents of Meliti with everyone loved and still love me. Their love is efkairos akairos express it in my face, sometimes so intense.

2. Consequently, I know ... people, things and situations as minimal. So I was surprised by the statements of Mr. Anastasiadis. His statements are a monument to inaccuracies, misrepresentations and deliberate anti-Greek delirium. Take much audacity, evidence abounds probably Mr Anastasiadis eponomasthoun to those awarded to local residents Melite "Macedonians" in Slavic beliefs, points are "Turks", the Albanians 'Albanians'. In Meliti Mr. Anastasiadis, Greek Macedonians living alone whether they have indigenous ancestry, or Pontiac, or Arvanite. If you and your cohorts want to specify otherwise, it is your right. But you do not have the right to insult the noble people of Meliti in this disgraceful manner. Finally, let Melitiotes to live quietly and peacefully away from ghosts and blind fanaticism that only do harm.

3. And one more thing. The ignorance of Mr. Anastasiadis for Meliti shown that knows the exact number of inhabitants. As chairman of the Municipal District of Meliti hoped that he would have a clearer knowledge of the place where born and lives. Unfortunately, however, lacks this simple knowledge. It should therefore be aware that the population of the local community which enjoys president is about 1450 people (census 2011) and not 2300 as claimed in the interview.

4. And the last. All those who question the Greek identity of Macedonia urge them to visit the dozens of ancient, Byzantine and post-Byzantine monuments situated in the State of Skopje. There you will easily find that all testify that this place was Greek. How, then, can we close our eyes to this historical truth? Truly not taught you anything, dear Mr Anastasiadis, the ruins of the Byzantine Church of Agios Georgios (6th-10th centuries) and the Greek inscriptions on icons The Church of Prophet Elijah (late 19th century) in Meliti?

5. As bishop of the place protesting strongly the unacceptable and false declarations of Mr. Anastasiadis. But do not worry. And do not worry, because Florina, except black exceptions, as Mr Anastasiadis, remain committed to the faith of their ancestors, far from any unorthodox and anti-Greek propaganda. This is the most resounding answer to all those who question the integrity of our country and falsified history. "

Source: http://neoskosmos.com/news/el/node/16121
    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

So Mr Ashlakov is a "filoskopianos"

Neos Kosmos just loves to fuel the fear and hatred the Greek community has toward the Macedonians in Australia!
    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
      So Mr Ashlakov is a "filoskopianos"

Neos Kosmos just loves to fuel the fear and hatred the Greek community has toward the Macedonians in Australia!
      Typical intimidation tactics, I'm sure the Nazi's used similar techniques to silence...absolutely shameful and disgusting.
      I'm convinced that there's absolutley no tactic those pigs will use to inflame hatred and provoke violence against any Macedonian from greece.

This isn't the work of some shit kicking, half arsed scribe in some cockroach infested office writing for some greek language rag, this crap goes all the way to the greek intelligent services...without a doubt.

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

You are absolutely correct Phoenix. And the worst thing about it is Australia lets it slip in. All this shit has been going on for years and the Aussies are too chicken shit to do anything about it!

Comment

• cultea
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          This isn't the work of some shit kicking, half arsed scribe in some cockroach infested office writing for some greek language rag, this crap goes all the way to the greek intelligent services...without a doubt.
          You probably didn't notice (because of the google translation) that this isn't an article, but (after the first few lines) simply submits the long announcement of Theocletos, the Metropolitan of Florina.

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cultea View Post
            You probably didn't notice (because of the google translation) that this isn't an article, but (after the first few lines) simply submits the long announcement of Theocletos, the Metropolitan of Florina.
            Cultea
            The fact that it exists is enough evidence of an indictable offence against mankind!
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Mikail, I have changed the title of the thread for obvious reasons.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

cultea the greeks in australia only show hate towards the macedonians not because they have a legitimate right after all it's the greeks who stole macedonia in 1913.But the greeks are taught by the govt to hate the skopians all they want is to take their macedonian land.Hey who took who here you took our land in 1913 & you hate us for that because you are brainwashed by your govt.Look at the way we are treated our name is macedonia & you are taught to hate us because we want our land back.Your govt treats the ordinary people even others as cannon fodder for brainwashing.Respect your neighbours & ebverything will be allright but you don't do what is right because of your hate .
                skopians this skopians that.We are mean't tro be bulgarians ,then slavs,then slavophones,bulgarophones etc
                Last edited by George S.; 08-20-2011, 02:20 AM. Reason: ed
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                  In a recent interview in the newspapers of Macedonia «Novamakedonjia» and «Dnevnik» Aslakof the always-provocative Anastasiadis stated:

"In Meliti live about 2,300 Macedonians, few Albanians (SS mean the Albanians), Turks (pp means the Pontian) and no Greek."
                  I remember Panagiotes Anastasiades denied he made such a comment in 2011, yet still, I was curious to see if he will be a candidate again, which party will host him and if people will vote for him. I can't find any info online. The local elections are in a week from now.

I also can’t find any activity by the Rainbow Party (which seems more dead than ever) regarding the local elections in Florina, Western Macedonia or elsewhere.
                  Last edited by Sweet Sixteen; 05-10-2014, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
                    I remember Panagiotes Anastasiades denied he made such a comment in 2011, yet still, I was curious to see if he will be a candidate again, which party will host him and if people will vote for him. I can't find any info online. The local elections are in a week from now.

I also can’t find any activity by the Rainbow Party (which seems more dead than ever) regarding the local elections in Florina, Western Macedonia or elsewhere.
                    Nice troll

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

the biggest whingers & whiners these neos kosmos papers.THey pick on weak Macedonians or ones they take the mickey of ridicule,
                      old hatreds,a phobia of Macedonians by calling them skopijans.So what else is new more of the same on old agenda of disturbing the peacefull settlements of Macedonians in Australia.Trying to spread their brand of biased vitriolic bs across the globe.We have had a gutfull of these people.I'm sure that a real law abiding Australian citizen would not support these racists.Do people remember when greek leaders & presidents tried to prevent Macedonia from using their name I heard it from decent law abiding greeks say they left Greece because of those sorts of poofters they have gone too far they said.Eventually the president mr mitsotakis changed his mind & accepted the Macedonians have a right to use the name Macedonia but with conditions.Greeks want us to use prefixes & suffixes we prefer our constitutional name.Just remember the fyrom name was a short & temporary measure.So our real name per the cinstitution is not skopje but republic of Macedonia.
                      Last edited by George S.; 05-11-2014, 01:04 AM.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Poligiros
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        cultea the greeks in australia only show hate towards the macedonians not because they have a legitimate right after all it's the greeks who stole macedonia in 1913.But the greeks are taught by the govt to hate the skopians all they want is to take their macedonian land..Respect your neighbours & ebverything will be allright but you don't do what is right because of your hate .skopians this skopians that.We are mean't tro be bulgarians ,then slavs,then slavophones,bulgarophones etc
                        Hi,

I am a Hellene and don't want to debate or cause animosity on this forum. However, statements like the above do nothing to enhance your cause.

My family are native to Aegean Macedonia (Chalkidiki region), and are Hellenes. As far as we know for the last few centuries, we have not been Slavic speakers hence I do get a bit confused about statements referring to "Greeks stealing Macedonian lands?" From all the research I have done, the early 1900 Macedonian census showed Hellenes, Turks, Jews, Slavophones in proportionate numbers?

Another point that I don't comprehend, is the greater ROM map showing native Hellenic towns such as ours with Slavic names? From records, part of my family has been from Polygyros for centuries. Other surrounding towns in Chalkidiki consist of people from Asia minor, however there is a large indigenous Makedonian population who have always identified as Hellenes. Even a lot of our family friends as from Regions such as Serres, Kastoria, Kozani and are native Hellenes and not Pontians. Do you want us to just cease to exist?

As for trolling or starting racist debates, I have neither of those intentions.

Regards.

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Poligiros View Post
                          Hi,

I am a Hellene and don't want to debate or cause animosity on this forum. However, statements like the above do nothing to enhance your cause.

My family are native to Aegean Macedonia (Chalkidiki region), and are Hellenes. As far as we know for the last few centuries, we have not been Slavic speakers hence I do get a bit confused about statements referring to "Greeks stealing Macedonian lands?" From all the research I have done, the early 1900 Macedonian census showed Hellenes, Turks, Jews, Slavophones in proportionate numbers?

Another point that I don't comprehend, is the greater ROM map showing native Hellenic towns such as ours with Slavic names? From records, part of my family has been from Polygyros for centuries. Other surrounding towns in Chalkidiki consist of people from Asia minor, however there is a large indigenous Makedonian population who have always identified as Hellenes. Even a lot of our family friends as from Regions such as Serres, Kastoria, Kozani and are native Hellenes and not Pontians. Do you want us to just cease to exist?

As for trolling or starting racist debates, I have neither of those intentions.

Regards.
                          The people of southern Macedonia such as Halkidiki were the earliest to be Hellenized (I'd say from 1700 - 1800), due to the geographic location and strong presence of the Patriarchate of Constantinople. The last Macedonian speakers of Halkidiki were recorded in the late 1800s. Macedonian toponyms in Halkidiki, although not as numerous, did exist and were changed to new Greek ones in the the 1920s.

I do not have specific information on Polygiro, but I do have some examples of neighboring villages in Dimos Polygirou that were renamed from Macedonian to Greek.

Even a lot of our family friends as from Regions such as Serres, Kastoria, Kozani and are native Hellenes and not Pontians.
                          These regions have a better documented history than Halkidiki, and the evidence points to a non-Greek past.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Hi Poligiros,
                            I am going to bet that you are lying about your origins. Because that is the norm. But I do accept there were Greeks in Macedonia. Particularly in the region you describe.

It is your first post. We are not slavophones. That is a pathetic excuse for a name created by Greeks. Say it again and you will be banned.

Happy to hear you call yourself a Greek. There are Greeks in Macedonia and there are Macedonians in Macedonia. So easy to distinguish between them. Your family friends were most likely something different before they were Greek. But time has a way of sorting things out.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Poligiros
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Hi Poligiros,
                              I am going to bet that you are lying about your origins. Because that is the norm. But I do accept there were Greeks in Macedonia. Particularly in the region you describe.

Happy to hear you call yourself a Greek. There are Greeks in Macedonia and there are Macedonians in Macedonia. So easy to distinguish between them. Your family friends were most likely something different before they were Greek. But time has a way of sorting things out.
                              Hi Risto the Great,

I was waiting for that kind of response. I can guarantee you 100% that my part of family origins are from Halkidiki. I can meet you face to face if you don't believe me? I returned to Adelaide. Ask your father or older members from your community, our town consists of old, native Hellenes. The "Nea" prefix towns in Halkidiki are the ones that were populated by asia minor stock.

As for arriving in the region in 1800s, I can prove from records that we have been in the region for at least 500 years. Whether we spoke Greek 500 years ago is a point that I cannot define, but it is likely that there was a continuim of Hellenic culture and Greek dialect in the region. Yes time does change things.

I have close relatives of your type, some try the line that we arrived to the region from southern Greece hundreds of years ago, whilst others acknowledge we are remnants from the Byzantine and Macedonians of the Hellenic type.

I did not mean to insult with the term "Slavophone" - can you point direct me to terms I am NOT allowed to use?

However, the fact that you constantly state there were no Hellenes in Aegean Macedonia is news to me?

Comment

Working...
                              X