• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Daniel the Great View Post
    So thousounds of Turks, Macedonians, Vlachs, Gypsies and Albanians are also ethnically Greek in your eyes (if there is such a thing as a ethnic Greek). Voltron, your culture and traditions are a mix of many different ones. Yous claim that your culture and traditons are continuous from ancient times right through to now but yet it proves to be nothing but a mix of cultures. Fustanella, Baklava, Bazouki, Gyros, Pusteno oro (leventikos), all of those and many more show what a mix the modern Greek culture really is.
    Well thats a pretty simplistic approach. lol.
    There is a clear cut line between Turks and Greeks ( Ottomans vs Byzantines ) so there is no link there.
    Regarding Vlachs, well they self-assimilated to our ethnos. Arvanites the same.

Before you throw stones in glass houses, just know in the balkans there never was cement walls preventing ppl from interacting. Thinking so just makes someone out of touch with reality. And expecting ethnic groups to be racially pure is even more out of touch with reality.

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
      It sounds like a fascist nation to me.

But there are many traits that are either Turkish, Albanian or Macedonian that are not foreign in Greece. If only you guys woke up to it. It will be the end to that.
      Bill, just because you feel segregating groups in your country is fine doesnt mean we have to go down the same path.

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

What Voltron is saying is that a Greek is the same as to be an American, it is something you embrace.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Voltron
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
          What Voltron is saying is that a Greek is the same as to be an American, it is something you embrace.
          You had asked me that once upon a time. I had answered you negatively.

In America we have:

May 5 - Cinqo De Mayo Mexican Day
          Feb 25 - African American Day
          Hanukah for the Jews

The above are just three examples off the top of my head.

On the flip side, In Greece everyone follows the same traditions.
          There is no special days for any other group aside from Greeks.
          I still believe you dont acknowledge the terms " assimlation " and " ethnos "
          Last edited by Voltron; 08-12-2011, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
            • Sep 2010

A great video to watch.
            Riots & Race in Once Great Britain! - YouTube

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

GB is no more great as things have gotten out of hand.reminds me of the downfall of rome in old days.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Does anyone really beleive the race riots if they are that will ever quell.As this was going on for years & it was obly like the straw that broke the camels back.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
                  Banned
                  • May 2011

Remember 10 days of rioting in France the British riotd have been overwelmed by a large number of opurtunists but the initial reason is just not going away why doesnt Britian employ the Ohrid the model to seatle greviances of minoritys

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                    Why would you say something like this ? This statement is pure entrapment and falls perfectly in line with what we are talking about.
                    Since when is preference racism ? Since when is opting to be with your own ethnos a bad thing ? Do we not live in our native countries or communities ?
                    Who said preference is racism? Who said opting with your own people is a bad thing? Does your dribble above have an actual point? Judging by your character(s) on this forum it is clear that you have an unhealthy predisposition to racism. You're hardly the voice of reason or logic, further evident in your suggestion that the population of Greece is "close to a hundred percent" ethnically homogeneous where "everyone follows the same traditions". You're living in a world of delusion.
                    Originally posted by Daniel the Great
                    I just feel that the modern veiw is that the Europeans are in a way born racists because of there ancestors dirty past, for example, what the Europeans that arrived in Australia done to the indigeonous people same goes with the European settlement in north America with the native Indians.
                    People who hold such views, although numerous, are ignorant. Nobody is a born racist, a person becomes that way as a product of their own environment. It is a perception that needs to be built up over years of influence which in most cases unfortunately comes from those closest to the person. But such barriers can also be transcended by exercising some decency, humanity and common sense. The world has social problems, nobody would deny that, but in the end, we all have to live with each other, and there is no reason why anybody from any race should be made to feel ashamed of their heritage. At the same time, the rules and traditions of a house need to be respected, so I do believe that nation-states with minorities can exist and prosper - but there must be mutual understanding.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Voltron
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

[QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Who said preference is racism? Who said opting with your own people is a bad thing? Does your dribble above have an actual point? Judging by your character(s) on this forum it is clear that you have an unhealthy predisposition to racism. You're hardly the voice of reason or logic, further evident in your suggestion that the population of Greece is "close to a hundred percent" ethnically homogeneous where "everyone follows the same traditions". You're living in a world of delusion.
                      Lol with the character(s) jab. Good one
                      Regarding my unhealthy predisposition to racism, I find this espescially rich coming from a person that has a fixation on the term "homogenous". What do you know about Greece aside from what you think of it ? Have you even ever been here ? The only delusion that is being lived is your view of an existing utopia. As if that will ever exist in the real world. The concept of minorites is an inherently racist one and you can keep that concept in your own backyard. We dont need that garbage here.

Here more of a civilised country. Welcome to Skynet.

Last edited by Voltron; 08-13-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron
                        Lol with the character(s) jab.
                        It isn't a 'jab', it is a matter of fact.
                        Regarding my unhealthy predisposition to racism, I find this espescially rich coming from a person that has a fixation on the term "homogenous".
                        If you have anything to refer readers to my so-called 'fixation' with that term, then I would suggest you corroborate and then elaborate. Otherwise, if you intend to descend back into the same cyclic stupidity based on your own innuendo, let me know, I can assist you on your way out of here. The one thing we don't need is people like you creating fictitious arguments that align with the unparalleled sense of stupidity that can only come from some deluded internet racist like yourself.
                        What do you know about Greece aside from what you think of it ? Have you even ever been here ?
                        What I think is based on what I know, what I have read, what I have heard from people that actually do live in that largely racist 'system' that fools like yourself like to fancy as a method of 'governance'. The truth will never be diminished. And if you try to diminish it here with your vindictive lies, I will diminish you from here.
                        The concept of minorites is an inherently racist one and you can keep that concept in your own backyard.
                        The concept of minorities is based on human rights, on reality. The only thing utopian is your desperate dream of an ethnically pure society, as if that will ever happen in a country like Greece. Your moronic statement above merely corroborates what we already know about your perceptions relative to Macedonians, you racist scum.
                        We dont need that garbage here.
                        Actually, we don't need garbage like you here. But every court needs a jester, until the next one.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makgerman
                          • Nov 2009

We don't have to be there.

Technology makes it harder for people like Voltron to hide the reality.

Being Greek - Greece - YouTube

Comment

• Voltron
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

[QUOTE]
                            It isn't a 'jab', it is a matter of fact.

If you have anything to refer readers to my so-called 'fixation' with that term, then I would suggest you corroborate and then elaborate. Otherwise, if you intend to descend back into the same cyclic stupidity based on your own innuendo, let me know, I can assist you on your way out of here. The one thing we don't need is people like you creating fictitious arguments that align with the unparalleled sense of stupidity that can only come from some deluded internet racist like yourself.
                            Take a Valium SOM. That was one hell of a rant and made absolutely no sense at all.

What I think is based on what I know, what I have read, what I have heard from people that actually do live in that largely racist 'system' that fools like yourself like to fancy as a method of 'governance'. The truth will never be diminished. And if you try to diminish it here with your vindictive lies, I will diminish you from here.
                            Your completely clueless. The truth is not in the books you read, but on the ground. The thread with that ovrichani festival is proof enough of what is the "truth". Try again.

The concept of minorities is based on human rights, on reality. The only thing utopian is your desperate dream of an ethnically pure society, as if that will ever happen in a country like Greece. Your moronic statement above merely corroborates what we already know about your perceptions relative to Macedonians, you racist scum.
                            Its based on leverage not human rights. We are ethnically pure, we dont have Albanians buidling mosques all over the place in the name of "human rights" or causing problems. Everybody here is in line and it works quite well. Racist scum ? Nice SOM, real class you got there brother. Care to elaborate or collaborate on that ? Or is it just expected from other people ?

Actually, we don't need garbage like you here. But every court needs a jester, until the next one.
                            Get over yourself.

Comment

• cultea
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2011

You're hardly the voice of reason or logic, further evident in your suggestion that the population of Greece is "close to a hundred percent" ethnically homogeneous where "everyone follows the same traditions". You're living in a world of delusion.
                              After a massive exit of Greek immigrants (to Germany, USA, Canada and Australia) in the 50s and 60s, Greek demographics were stabilized for about 20 years.
                              Around 1990, after the collapse of Albania, a massive influx of illegal immigrants started (about 100,000 people annually, or 1% of the population). This is also reflected in the 2001 census. These immigrants, that were meanwhile legalized, were about 7% of the population. Among them 55% were Albanians (including Greeks from Albania) while the rest origins are two small to mention (5% Bulgarians, 5% Romanians, 5% Georgians etc).
                              Statistics show that in the 90s the number of “fast deportations” (the ones Greeks call “re-forwarding”) was about 150,000-250,000 a year. This means that the average Albanian illegal immigrant had the experience of being spotted, arrested, brought to Albania, only to re-enter in Greece illegally at least once of probably 2-5 times in his life.
                              Well… the persistent eventually win.

Comment

• Orfej
                                • Mar 2010

I simply loved Gadhafi's response to the riots in England.

Moammar Gadhafi’s regime in Libya – perhaps only half-jokingly -- called for British Prime Minister David Cameron to step down, asserting that he has "lost all legitimacy" -- a charge often leveled at Gadhafi -- because of the riots.
                                "Cameron and his government must leave after the popular uprising against them and the violent repression of peaceful demonstrations by police," the state news agency Jana quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Kaaim as saying.

"Cameron and his government have lost all legitimacy. These demonstrations show that the British people reject this government which is trying to impose itself through force."

Kaaim even asked that the “United Nations Security Council and the international community to not stay with its arms crossed in the face of the flagrant violation of the rights of the British people."

Comment

Working...
                                X