Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volk
    • Sep 2008

As pathetic as the governments move is to name the statue "warrior on a horse", I would still rather have it, its obvious what it is to everyone, apparently the grand opening will be 20th July, the supposed birthday of Alexander. Than not have it...

They are just going about it in a wiesel way...

Regardless it will be a sight to behold !
    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Volk, you prefer petty aestheticism even at the expense of our long term national interests?
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• vojnik
        • Apr 2011

I can see where they are coming from with the use of the name "warrior on horse" as they are in a lawsuit against Greece about the Interim Accord and it does state

Article 7
        1. Each Party shall promptly take effective measures to prohibit hostile
        activities or propaganda by State-controlled agencies and to discourage acts by private entities
        likely to incite violence, hatred or hostility against each other.
        2. Upon entry into force of this Interim Accord, the Party of the Second Part
        shall cease to use in any way the symbol in all its forms displayed on its national flag prior to
        such entry into force.
        3. If either Party believes one or more symbols constituting part of its historic
        or cultural patrimony is being used by the other Party, it shall bring such alleged use to the
        attention of the other Party, and the other Party shall take appropriate corrective action or
        indicate why it does not consider it necessary to do so.

Now before people start jumping I am not saying Alexander is Greek what I am saying is that the law suit would be used as an argument to justify the name given to the statue. My stance is solid the Interim Accord should be abolished asap as it proves no use to our country of Macedonia.

For those that are afraid of another blockade are they not aware that Turkey is our greatest invester and I think they were be happier to use there port in Istanbul to send it through Bulgaria to use rather then through Greece, also many imports are brought across the Adriatic through Albania etc.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Vojnik,

The MK Government using the IA as an excuse is pathetic and just plain treason. If that's what they are afraid of, then they don't really have any legitimate claim to government in Macedonia.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• vojnik
            • Apr 2011

Indeed, in reality they don't have legitimate claim to the government in Macedonia the Framework Agreement I believe took what remained of our dignity and any Macedonian partie's legitimacy after the Interim Accord

Comment

• Volk
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
              Volk, you prefer petty aestheticism even at the expense of our long term national interests?
              The statue of Alexander of Macedonia in the central place of the capital, square Makedonija, is a bit more than "petty aestheticism" and in the long term, it will be long forgotten what the statue was called when it was placed, because every single person in the world and in the future knows exactly who it is..

I fail to see how this is agaisnt our long term national interests?
              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Volk
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
                I think they were be happier to use there port in Istanbul to send it through Bulgaria to use rather then through Greece, also many imports are brought across the Adriatic through Albania etc.
                Durres, is the albanian port, and is underdeveloped to be an alternative for now. Even if it where, its a dangerious place to use with the situation Macedonia is in with the albanians.

Crna Gorna is the more viable option in my opinion however there is no rail connecting it and the terrain is very difficult.

Istanbul is simply way to far away, and there is still no rail connecting us with bulgaria.
                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• vojnik
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                  Durres, is the albanian port, and is underdeveloped to be an alternative for now. Even if it where, its a dangerious place to use with the situation Macedonia is in with the albanians.

Crna Gorna is the more viable option in my opinion however there is no rail connecting it and the terrain is very difficult.

Istanbul is simply way to far away, and there is still no rail connecting us with bulgaria.
                  A large number of Albanians are Christian actually Muslims and Christians are evenly distributed, the thing is the Albanians from Albania prove to be very different from the guerillas in Macedonia and Kosovo. Ali Ahmeti has been condemed by the Albanians from Albania as being a disgrace. So I really don't see the Durres port being so bad correct me if I am wrong

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Good point vojnik i heard the president of albania said to all the albanian parties to behave themselves as citizens of macedonia.They never had it so good.They asking for preeminence to macedonian citizens.In other words for macedonia to lose her soveregnity for them.They really enjoy quite a number of priveleges allready.In other words the macedonians have been good to the albanians & they are taking advantage & not cooperating or giving support.
                    Last edited by George S.; 06-16-2011, 10:51 AM. Reason: edit
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• HELLENICLEAGUE
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2011

This specific statue is a 2 sided coin. For some Macedonians, it is a symbol of pride, for other Macedonians, this is a waist of money, for other Macedonians, this is an act of antiquization, for Greek Macedonians, it is a pure act of provocation and mere nationalism. Mr Gruevskis ace card in staying in power. For the time being at least, it seems none of the European observers like what they see.

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HELLENICLEAGUE View Post
                        This specific statue is a 2 sided coin. For some Macedonians, it is a symbol of pride, for other Macedonians, this is a waist of money, for other Macedonians, this is an act of antiquization, for Greek Macedonians, it is a pure act of provocation and mere nationalism. Mr Gruevskis ace card in staying in power. For the time being at least, it seems none of the European observers like what they see.
                        With the above term "Greek Macedonians" whom are you referring to?
                        Macedonians living in the part of Macedonia which was annexed by Greece or are you referring to Greeks from Macedonia(all parts) or are you referring to people who considers themselves as Greeks living in the part of Macedonia annexed by Greece???

Please clarify.
                        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Bukefal
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                          Do something? What's the difference between "doing nothing" and pretending our history is not ours, effectively agreeing with the Greek version of events?
                          Im not talking about the name issue or this with the statue whether they anounce it to be Alexander or not.

I'm talking about VMRO doing something for Macedonia, Im talking about VMRO at least doing more for Macedonia than SDSM. They build, they reform, they spend money also for the country. You cant deny that.

If you really want to go there, vmro might be careful with these things by being low profile and not anouncing its alexander, but it was the SDSM who actually sold Macedonia.

So yeah, they do something, better than the nothing sdsm has done. Oh wait, yeah sds has done something too, but it was only harm.
                          Last edited by Bukefal; 06-16-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Bukefal
                            • Sep 2009

And this with the statue's name are just political games. We should not pay any attention to it nor should we make an issue out of it. The more we do, the more Greeks will try to blackmail us and absorb us into their childish behavior. We should just keep a low profile and have the last laugh, that's exactly what Grujo is doing. I mean, the statue in the meantime is still being put up and of course its alexander, no one denies that. Grcistava neka puknet od maka.

So, I dont get all the fuzz by Macedonians themselves surrounding this.

Comment

• HELLENICLEAGUE
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                              With the above term "Greek Macedonians" whom are you referring to?
                              Macedonians living in the part of Macedonia which was annexed by Greece or are you referring to Greeks from Macedonia(all parts) or are you referring to people who considers themselves as Greeks living in the part of Macedonia annexed by Greece???

Please clarify.
                              Are you not aknowledging the existance of Greek Macedonians, Bulgarian Macedonians ets, besides your copatriot Macedonians?
                              For you, are Macedonians just the ones living in the Republic of Macedonia and its diaspora? (excluding Albanians and Roma)

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HELLENICLEAGUE View Post
                                Are you not aknowledging the existance of Greek Macedonians, Bulgarian Macedonians ets, besides your copatriot Macedonians?
                                For you, are Macedonians just the ones living in the Republic of Macedonia and its diaspora? (excluding Albanians and Roma)
                                If you are referring to a person with one parent who is Greek and the other Macedonian then I understand what you mean with Greek Macedonian.
                                Or if you are referring to an ethnic Macedonian now living on the Greek side of the border, he or she would also be a Greek Macedonian, ie a Macedonian from Greece.
                                But if you are referring to a person declaring him or herself as Greek but living in the annexed part of Macedonia now within Greek borders then that person is simply a Greek.
                                Or do you speak of a Greek from any part of Macedonia?

Dont you agree?

The same goes for your Bulgarian Macedonians, just replace Greek in the above text with Bulgarian.
                                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

Working...
                                X