X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
    I just looked at some Greek news outlets, all of the Greek media appear to be reporting on the statue, they mention that Gruevski is trying to avoid calling the statue Alexander the Great so that they don't provoke Greece, and the Greek MFA is preparing to send letters to all of its allies in Europe regarding "Skopje's provocation". The also summarize SDSM's point of view that the statue cost too much considering the high unemployment.
    Why are they so surprised all of a sudden? I posted an article last year where Greece were racing to get their statue of Alexander up ahead of Macedonia. Frigin juveniles.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

That's right Bill the greeks are becoming paranoid over the building of the statue.They want it badly themselves like a status symbol.Maybe they can demand that "skopje"take theirs down as it offends themWhen one considers the cost etc involved with unemployment the money could've been spent elsewhere where it's needed more.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bukefal
        • Sep 2009

Anyone know how the parts were transported? Where they driven on trucks all the way from florence, where they driven only parts and rest by boat over the adriatic? Or where some parts transported by plane?

Imagine you are sitting in traffic and the truck in front of you has a freakin huge head of alexander popping out over your windshield lol

Comment

• vojnik
          • Apr 2011

Speaking of unemployment I love how people believe that the lack of unemployment in Macedonia is because of the lack of jobs on offer. If you really looked into what are the most popular degrees in Macedonia they are Economics and Law now can someone tell me how many Economists and Lawyers, Judges etc a country of 2 million people really needs. Doesn't take a genious to do the math. Gruevski has come out severl times asking people study to study in I.T, engineering, medicine etc. But everyone just turns a blind eye and finds it easier to complain about unemployment. Albanian agriculturists in Macedonia are making a killing while Macedonian farmers enjoy relaxing and doing nothing and complaining about the countries economy and the lack of money coming there way.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

Thes SDS supporters on FB are drongoes they dont wont the statue becouse were not "anticki" then what are we Slavjani. Budali!
            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Daniel the Great
              • Nov 2009

That's one massive statue, it would probably be visible from a distance.

Comment

• Bukefal
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Daniel the Great View Post
                That's one massive statue, it would probably be visible from a distance.
                lol yeah. Maybe it is only visible from a distance, since it is so big and high im wondering if you can see the whole statue at all when you are standing right beneath it.

Comment

• MKPrilep
                  • Mar 2009

zosto be da mu ebam mameto go vikat "warrior on a horse"?!
                  kako ne se stramat? ova za mene e narod bez sila, bez hrabrost.
                  da se stramis makedonec da si. zosto mu treba eden
                  22m borac na kojn???? ova skopje ke ostani fantasia grad. za smeejne.
                  stramota. puh da mu ebam ....
                  ako sakaat da stavat neka go vikaat ace. ako stavaat sonce, neka
                  so 16 kraci kako so treba, a ne vakvo smeesno scheisse.
                  od se i sesto se plasat, od grci, od albanci od samite sebe se plasat.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                    • Sep 2008

@MKPrilep

u r right, ama nashite politichari se site PICHKI !!!

tie nas ne prodavaet parche po parche !!!
                    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

there are far more important things then putting up statues & politicians want to look good alll the time.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MKPrilep View Post
                        Hard to disagree!
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          there are far more important things then putting up statues & politicians want to look good alll the time.
                          Such as?

Or better yet, why are statues that can remind our Generation after Generation and the rest of the world, who we are not that important?
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by MKPrilep View Post
                            AMen
                            Could not have said it better myself!
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                              why are statues that can remind our Generation after Generation and the rest of the world, who we are not that important?
                              If we call the statues "warrior on a horse", I'd rather we melt it into something useful like dzezhvi.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X