X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post

Risto, I am still happy with the statue although revolted with its naming and rejection of our national symbol. Lets wait and see for the official opening and the plaque.
    Volk, maybe they'll 'wait until after the ICJ case' as per your suggestion. What, by the way, do you think would change after the case?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Volk
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      Volk, maybe they'll 'wait until after the ICJ case' as per your suggestion. What, by the way, do you think would change after the case?
      I was pointing out that if they are going to take them to court, then they should do it in a way that would help them win the law suit.

By waiting for the court case to pass then would not 'need' to degrade our nation and national symbols by removing two rays from the 16 ray sun, or keep it completely absent, or cut in half.

No one even cares though makes me even more revolted!

What happens after the case? we can only speculate, maybe a new 'accord' to degrade us even further while the uck control our army and justice system.
      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
        I was pointing out that if they are going to take them to court, then they should do it in a way that would help them win the law suit.

By waiting for the court case to pass then would not 'need' to degrade our nation and national symbols by removing two rays from the 16 ray sun, or keep it completely absent, or cut in half.

No one even cares though makes me even more revolted!

What happens after the case? we can only speculate, maybe a new 'accord' to degrade us even further while the uck control our army and justice system.
        Volk, you're losing the plot. Why on earth do you think Macedonia would be able to use its national symbols after successfully enforcing the Interim Accord at the ICJ????

You still haven't read Macedonia's application have you?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
          • Jan 2010

The soldiers and lions have finally arrived. Good to see the 16-ray sun was continued within the variation of soldiers. As can be seen in the following images, the 16, 12 and 8 ray Macedonian symbols are used on the differing shields. Looks great!

Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 08-05-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Niko777
            • Oct 2010

Here is Macedonia's new symbol:

Sonceto od Skopje!

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

Sonceto od Skopje

Comment

• Mactruth
                • Dec 2010

Macedonian statues arrive in Skopje

Eight soldier figures, representing a part of Alexander the Great's phalanx, have arrived in Macedonia's capital Skopje, where they will be placed on the central square. The bronze soldiers are "accompanied " by eight lions.

Anybody notice something about the image? THERE IS ONLY 14 RAYS ON THE MACEDONIAN SUN! WTF?

Eight soldier figures, representing a part of Alexander the Great's phalanx, have arrived in Macedonia's capital Skopje, where their will be placed on the central Macedonian square.

The bronze soldiers are "accompanied " by eight lions. All new sculptures will be a part of the grandious composition involving the statue of Alexander the Great himself, who has been imagined as the forefather of the Macedonian nation.

Alexander the Great's 13-meter-high statue was recently raised in Skopje, much to the annoyance of Greece, which says Macedonia is trying to hijack its history.

Macedonia is already at loggerheads with Athens over its name. Greece opposes the post-1991 constitutional name of its northern neighbor, citing historical and territorial concerns resulting from the ambiguity between it and the adjacent Greek region of Macedonia.

EU Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fule has said that if Macedonia continues to take actions perceived by Greece as "provocations" and fails to make faster progress in its reforms, the country could lose its EU candidate status.

Since becoming an independent state in 1991, the ex-Yugoslav republic of Macedonia has had a number of protracted historical disputes with neighboring Bulgaria and Greece, in particular about the Macedonian or non-Macedonian nationality of a number of historical figures. Among them are Alexander the Great and Tsar Samuil (997-1014), whom Bulgarians recognize as their own

Comment

• Mactruth
                  • Dec 2010

WHY EVEN SPEND THE MONEY WHEN IT IS NOT THE CORRECT THINGS?

"Warrior on a horse" instead of Alexander III of Macedonia (Skopje)
                  14 rays on the Soldiers' Sun instead of the 16 rayed Macedonian Star (Skopje)
                  DOTS on the Macedonian star (Bitola)

WHAT THE F?

Comment

• Volk
                    • Sep 2008

in keeping with this spirit of good neighborly relations, I propose we change our name to Cedonia our new flag can be the newly mutilated 14 ray sun of Skopje
                    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                      Here is Macedonia's new symbol:

Sonceto od Skopje!

Beyond disgraceful. And it is a damn shame too, because the statues themselves actually look quite good.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                        • Nov 2009

Тодоровиќ: Александар Македонски е споменикот на Плоштадот

Градоначалникот на Центар Владимир Тодоровиќ открива дека споменикот на плоштадот Коњаник е Александар Македонски и што ќе стане со Триумфалната капија по одлуката на Уставниот суд- во интервју за Слободна Европа.

[Тодоровиќ: Александар Македонски е споменикот на Плоштадот]

Градоначалникот на општина Центар Владимир Тодоровиќ во интервју за Радио Слободна Европа вели дека со укинувањето на последниот ДУП од страна на Уставниот суд погрешно се наметнува еден амбиент дека ќе застанат сите градби.

- Многу јасно треба да биде пренесено до јавноста дека последниот ДУП предвиде дополнение на неколку катни гаражи, на Триумфалната капија, на неколку споменици, така што за сите овие што се предмет во новиот ДУП кој е поништен, не е издадено одобрение за градба и тука нема никаква штета. Секако дека ние одлуката ќе ја почитуваме и тој план нема да биде во сила, односно по него нема да поставуваме, вели градоначалникот.

Тој додава дека од буџетот на општината воопшто не се трошат пари за спомениците и оти тоа е многу важно.
                        - Буџетот на општината се троши исклучиво на комуналните проблеми на граѓаните во општина Центар. Средствата од кои се финансираат спомениците се од Министерството за култура, односно од Владата, која во својата програма има поставено ваков свој приоритет за изградба на споменици, и тие средства ни се префрлуваат на нас, бидејќи таков е законот. Тоа значи дека кога Владата сака да реализира некој споменик, ќе мора тоа да го направи преку локалната самоуправа на чија територија треба да биде поставен споменикот, истакна Тодоров.

Тој додава дека на скопскиот плоштад споменикот ќе биде на Александар Македонски. - Во тендерите можеби кај уметникот како работна верзија на објектот името беше ,,Коњаник", тоа е воин на коњ, односно кратко кажано тоа е ,,Коњаник". Така изгледа споменикот, зашто може да имате скулптура на Александар Македонски во некоја слободна поза, што не е на коњ, што може да е во движење. Од тие причини јавноста некогаш сака да помисли дека нешто би се затскрило, инаку тоа е споменикот на Александар Македонски, изјави градоначалникот на општина Центар Владимир Тодоровиќ во Неделното интервју за Радио Слободна Европа.
                        Општина Центар на утрешната седница ќе иницира измена на деталниот урбанистички план „Мал ринг“ за да може да продолжи со реализирање на проектот „Скопје ...
                        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                          • Nov 2009

Почнаа да се поставуваат скулптурите војници околу споменикот на плоштадот
                          Почнаа да се поставуваат скулптурите војници околу споменикот на плоштадот
                          Ана Јосифоска
                          Војниците почнаа да се постројуваат. Осумте скулптури на војници, дел од фалангата на Воинот на коњ или за јавноста познат како Александар Македонски, почнаа да се поставуваат околу споменикот на плоштадот Македонија. Заедно со нив се поставуваат и 8-те лава коишто се предвидува за ден - два да се комплетираат.

Скулптурите се високи 3 метри и се изработени од бронза. На столбот на споменикот се поставени три прстена на кои се монтирани релјефи со битки. Од најгорниот прстен ќе паѓа водна завеса, а нагоре ќе се крева магла, се работи на ефектите на водата, боите на светлата ќе се менуваат, а ќе има и музика. Граѓаните се повеќе се воодушевуваат од глетката.

Четири од лавовите ќе бидат свртени кон фонтаната, а од нивните усти ќе истекува вода. Останатите четири ќе бидат во чуварска положба и ќе бидат поставени на скалите околу воинот на коњ. Споменикот беше поставен пред еден месец, а се очекува да се финишира за денот на независноста 8-ми септември. Сите споменици се изработени во леарницата „Фернандо Маринели“ во Италија по модел на скулпторката Валентина Стевановска.

also there is a clip in the web page.
                          Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            Beyond disgraceful. And it is a damn shame too, because the statues themselves actually look quite good.
                            My apologies, I didn't realise at first that the 16-ray sun had been fabricated. They look great, but it is really sad to see them stoop so low. Definitely show signs of weakness and portrays the project as a bit of a joke.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

I am convinced an unhealthy number of Macedonians feel they are playing a game with the Greeks and that removing 2 of the sun's rays is yet another winning move in the cat & mouse game of the Interim Accord. But in reality it is simply demeaning, shameful and beneath the dignity of Macedonian people.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Ljubanec
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mactruth View Post
                                WHY EVEN SPEND THE MONEY WHEN IT IS NOT THE CORRECT THINGS?

"Warrior on a horse" instead of Alexander III of Macedonia (Skopje)
                                14 rays on the Soldiers' Sun instead of the 16 rayed Macedonian Star (Skopje)
                                DOTS on the Macedonian star (Bitola)

WHAT THE F?
                                Someone thought of copyrighting the symbol. I believe Greece did.

Comment

Working...
                                X