X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bukefal
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Bukefal, the largest Macedonian symbol in the capital of Macedonia has been erected and called by another name. In time we might have historical revisionism when the "warrior on a horse" is renamed as "Alexander of Macedonia" but I hate it when a country lies to itself.

This is nothing to be proud of and so similar to dumb Macedonians who don't care about Macedonia's name (e.g. we are still Macedonians and nobody will take that away from us etc.) that I am surprised by your logic. Should we rename you to "Horse" on this forum? Everyone knows which horse you are, surely this is not a problem.
    Yes and because everyone knows which horse it is, then who the hell cares? WE are making issues out of nothing. Look guys we on here on this forum all have bold pariotic statements with, macedonia should do this and do what it wants and do that blablabla. Of course, thats how we want it and thats how it maybe should be. You know very well just as me, that thats not always possible.

But, we sometimes forget to realize that we are a freakin tiny 0.0 factor of a country of only 2 million people in this big world. Macedonia is depending on other countries, we depend on international relations, just as any other small country.

So, yeah maybe we should follow our hearts and can go pull out of the name talks, pull out of any other international talks or organisations and of course we could just get the flag back and put a huge sign on the statues forehead with the name alexander, like it should be. Heck, by looking at statements of some people around here, we should even expell all the Albanians, we should opress them and take all of our lands back. Maybe even take Prohor pcinjski and Egejska Makedonija too.

But we depend on other nations, if Macedonia would do that, if Macedonia would follow all our bold internet patriotic statements, we would be an isolated small country, left with a very bad image towards the international community and left with a lot of shit. And then what? We are isolated, we are a factor of nothing, but hey, we do have our heart

I do think we can reach these goals in the future, but not like this and not now. Its not the smartest thing to do.

Step by step.

In regards to the statue, we all know its alexander, the world knows its alexander, greece knows its alexander, the government has anounced for years that its alexander, but because of some political positions and relations with other countries, Macedonia wants to stay low profile. So what? Its just a political game. We know its alexander, everyone know its alexander, and the government stays low and the greeks are going mental, so what, it is us who are laughing, we have the last laugh.

The Greeks are sweating and wetting their pants right now going crazy over a freakin statue while their freakin country is one big mess and they have a lot of other things to worry about. But we, while they are sweating, are still putting this nice statue up in the meanwhile.

Their childish reaction to this, while their country is turning into a black shithole and the way how our government handles this at the moment, is I think thought out better than we think and it makes the Greeks look bad internationally. Not us.

So, who gives a freakin shit about it.

After a while when a litte bit of time passes by and when the storm calms down, then its over. The statue will have the name alexander and the suns on it on plaques or shields or whatever and thats it.

Much ado about nothing.
    Last edited by Bukefal; 06-16-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Just to bring some clarity to a rapidly deteriorating thread, the statue is "Alexander of Macedon" more commonly known as Alexander the Great, to call it anything else is to live in denial - even for a short while - those who seek to be politically correct in fear of other nations or peoples criticism's are in desperate need of a lobotomy( unless they have already had one, then that explains their behaviour).
      Furthermore, There is no such thing as a Greek Macedonian or Bulgarian Macedonian or Serbian Macedonian or any such other type of Macedonian - there are only "Macedonians" if you are not one of these then stop trying to pretend you are and stop trying to confuse the rest of the world with your bullshit and go and see a psychiatrist to assist you with your identity crisis and your life of denial!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
        The statue of Alexander of Macedonia in the central place of the capital, square Makedonija, is a bit more than "petty aestheticism" and in the long term, it will be long forgotten what the statue was called when it was placed, because every single person in the world and in the future knows exactly who it is..

I fail to see how this is agaisnt our long term national interests?
        I have no doubt that you can't see how its against our long term national interest. How exactly will it be "long forgotten" what the statue is called? Are you making an assumption that there will not be a plaque?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

To that "Hellenic" guy - explain what you mean by "Greek Macedonians" and "Bulgarian Macedonians" and explain your understanding of a Macedonian.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

If can find any good to come out of this naming of the statue issue, It would be this.

Watching the Macedonian news on SBS this morning, there was a reporter asking passer by's for an opinion. They all seem to love the statue but one comment stood out the most by an elderly man. He said,

"Alexander e nash heroj nash historija. Oti da se plashime da go kazime imeto?"

Now my point about getting something good out of this is,
            The people will more and more realise how pathetic our gov leaders are and rebellion will grow.

Regarding the statue itself, the statue has opened a discussion internally and i have no doubt it will awaken people to who we are and how important our history is. Looking at the response and the pride in there facial expressions of all the passer by's, (which is something iv'e never seen before) just made me realise even more, only good can come out of this.

Razbudise Makedonio
            Last edited by Bill77; 06-16-2011, 08:30 PM.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

If a Greek marries a "Greek Macedonian" then are the children one whole Greek and half a Macedonian?

Is being "Greek Macedonian" and Greek two different ethnicity?

Its silly right.
              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                • Nov 2009

If your not going to be honest with us here on the MTO then we will just have to grab your thought from Pushkar Advisory Council

HELLENICLEAGUE

You are right Wookie.
                The thing is, that no one in the Europe of the 21st century would ever imagine to misuse this self determination issue as a loophole to some perverse political and ethnological advantage. But hey.. heeeeeere cooooommmmes FYYYYYROOOOOM.....

I used to be against the statue.. It gave me the creeps.. but I have changed my mind. The sheer size of it, shouts out loud to the rest of the world, Louder than any Greek voice up to now.
                It proves to the world, that our claims on FYROM are just, we are not the paranoid ones who shout from some corner about a bogus issue.
                Look at the press. The tone is changing. Europe is reacting, articles are critical, and in the end of the day.. they can not even call the statue Alexander and Bukefalas.... Its a warrior on a horse.. That just says sooooo much!
                The Alexander the Great statue is in Thessaloniki, and Greeks are not ashamed to hide it.
                Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

One more time in case anybody missed it or has reading problems!

" There is no such thing as a Greek Macedonian or Bulgarian Macedonian or Serbian Macedonian or any such other type of Macedonian - there are only "Macedonians" if you are not one of these then stop trying to pretend you are and stop trying to confuse the rest of the world with your bullshit and go and see a psychiatrist to assist you with your identity crisis and your life of denial!"
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                    If your not going to be honest with us here on the MTO then we will just have to grab your thought from Pushkar Advisory Council
                    Admin ban this prick. Fyrom my Ass hell Ass . Thank you lavche his avatar is rude enough
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                      • Nov 2009

Julie just doing my job.

I dont really like going over there its disgusting but it has to be done. Mnogu se gnasni na ustata tamu ne ti davet sansa da kazis nesto, nemam zbornato cekam za ftora xeroneja.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

RTG has made a very valid point i think the politicians will use the warrior on a horse bit to keep greece happy & for everyone else alexander the great.I'm just guessing here but looks like they the politicians will cave in like the've done with everything else.What is greece going to do .is doing build a monument guess probably 5 times bigger & call it alexander the great & claim exclusive rights to itI'm just guessing.But if it does happen like that i regard
                        the macedonian statue as a piece of shit not worthy of 8 million euros.If the govt capitulates on the statue matter.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bukefal
                          • Sep 2009

I dont get this 'who is a macedonian and who not' shit. It's quite simple. A Macedonian is a Macedonian.

An ethnic Macedonian from the Republic of Macedonia is a Macedonian. A Macedonian from Aegean Macedonia is a Macedonian and a Macedonian from Pirin Macedonia is a Macedonian.

But a Greek who came to live in Aegean Macedonia is not a Macedonian. A Bulgar who lives in Pirin Macedonia, is not a Macedonian. He may live there now, but it doesnt mean he is a Macedonian.

A Greek who lives in Aegean Macedonia and who wants and claims to be a Macedonian, is not a Macedonian. He may wants to be a Macedonian really badly, but it doesnt mean he is one.

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bukefal View Post
                            I dont get this 'who is a macedonian and who not' shit. It's quite simple. A Macedonian is a Macedonian.

An ethnic Macedonian from the Republic of Macedonia is a Macedonian. A Macedonian from Aegean Macedonia is a Macedonian and a Macedonian from Pirin Macedonia is a Macedonian.

But a Greek who came to live in Aegean Macedonia is not a Macedonian. A Bulgar who lives in Pirin Macedonia, is not a Macedonian. He may live there now, but it doesnt mean he is a Macedonian.

A Greek who lives in Aegean Macedonia and who wants and claims to be a Macedonian, is not a Macedonian. He may wants to be a Macedonian really badly, but it doesnt mean he is one.
                            Bukefal
                            That is precisely correct. Don't let these gypsies, liars and thieves try to convince you otherwise - just because they stole our land doesn't qualify them as macedonians or give them the right to call themselves macedonians!

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

bukefal you said it we are the real thing the rest are just wannabees.
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bukefal
                                • Sep 2009

Поставувањето на споменикот „Воин на коњ“, кој е дел од проектот „Скопје 2014“, не е провокација, изјави вчера во Охрид министерката за култура Елизабета Канческа Милеска.

-Воопшто не сметам дека тоа е провокација. Лично како граѓанин јас сум горда на тој проект и мислам дека сите треба да бидеме горди бидејќи се работи за едно значајно име кое што оставило значаен белег во историјата, рече Канческа Милеска.

Запрашана дали се гледа во новиот владин кабинет, Канческа Милеска истакна дека својата работа ја извршува одговорно и чесно и дека без разлика кој и да биде министер работите ќе се одвиваат и ќе продолжат како и досега.
                                OhridNews
                                Прв независен информативен портал во Македонија. Од час во час следете ги најновите вести од Охрид, земјата и светот и информирајте се за случувањата од политиката, спортот, забавата, културата, туризмот... Одговорно и проверено!

Comment

Working...
                                X