Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

RtG everything has gone wrong for macedonia since 1991 independence.Right through the gligorov years the govt knew that the albanians were building underground tunnels & bunkers with huge arsenals.You know the KFOR gave the albanians of kosovo the whole kassar of arsenals to do as they please.These were brand new weapons uptodate with everything to fight the macedonian army.THe only thing lacking was tanks & airpower & they would've taken over macedonia in 2001.On the other hand our soldiers were prevented to take drastic action against the albanians.Had the been allowed to take full measures against the albanians they may not have been a problem today.I feel it was war but macedonians were told to back off.A case in point there were civil people from bitola 5000 to 10000 fully armed that were ready & willing to take the conflict to the next level but they were told to back off why???
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I am loathe to use terms like "braniteli" because I think the military should have seen what was going on and REALLY defended Macedonia.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Volk
        • Sep 2008

I am loathe to use terms like "braniteli" because I think the military should have seen what was going on and REALLY defended Macedonia.
        The term "braniteli" is used to describe those who saw active combat and put their lives on the line defending the country from a kosovo led invasion.

It has nothing to do with the military institution but the individual soldiers placing their lives on the line.

Is it safe to say you agree with Indigen rationale?
        Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
          I am not going to fall for some cheap emotional blackmail from a current supporter of the Ramkovist establishment!

Do NOT TWIST this for some cheap emotional political point-scoring!
          Where did I say the "ONLY REASON" was money?

Actually, I would love to know whether others remember the "Volci" going on "strike" in the middle of a military operation and what you thought/think of that! I can see how you ("Volk") would want to skip that part by smear tactics.
          From memory it was actually the Tigri that revolted because of the replacement of their commander. Its easy to sit in front of a computer 10 years later and judge the people that put their lives on the line
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

It was not a war. I won't comment on what could have been.
            Macedonian police officers face far more threats far more often.
            To place the soldiers on a pedestal, I would want to know more about acts of bravery before I comment about specifics. But again, whatever it was in 2001, we lost.

I am sure it would have been complicated for the army and much easier to look back on now. But the writing was on the wall immediately after Aracinovo. Ultimately, the Macedonian army failed Macedonia. If an army is meant to be an organ authorised by its greater society to use lethal force, usually including use of weapons, in defending its country by combating actual or perceived threats, then it quite simply did not defend Macedonia.

If we want to make excuses for them, we can blame the politicians. But we must blame the voting citizens ultimately .... which brings us to 2011 with most people accepting Gruevski as Macedonia's saviour. In 10 years time, we will see what happened with that hair-brained notion.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Volk
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              It was not a war. I won't comment on what could have been.
              Macedonian police officers face far more threats far more often.
              To place the soldiers on a pedestal, I would want to know more about acts of bravery before I comment about specifics. But again, whatever it was in 2001, we lost.

I am sure it would have been complicated for the army and much easier to look back on now. But the writing was on the wall immediately after Aracinovo. Ultimately, the Macedonian army failed Macedonia. If an army is meant to be an organ authorised by its greater society to use lethal force, usually including use of weapons, in defending its country by combating actual or perceived threats, then it quite simply did not defend Macedonia.

If we want to make excuses for them, we can blame the politicians. But we must blame the voting citizens ultimately .... which brings us to 2011 with most people accepting Gruevski as Macedonia's saviour. In 10 years time, we will see what happened with that hair-brained notion.
              Your wrong, the politicians failed Macedonia, headed by the Commander in Chief Boris Trajkovski.

I am unsure if you are unaware ( you must be ) Macedonian troops where given specific orders NOT to shoot, even if under fire for most of the conflict.

I dont know how you can say the army failed, particularly in archinovo, when the politicans have NATO troops the green light to save and evacuate the Terrorists and US commanders!

In case you did not know, there where only several offensives by the army, all successful to my knowledge. Otherwise the policy dictated by Trajkovski was containment, not engagement.

Most of the engaging was done by the Police.
              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• indigen
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                Is it safe to say you agree with Indigen rationale?
                What do you think my rationale is? Is it a problem for you that I am terribly pissed off we lost our country and now have a non-Macedonian Ramkovist state in the final stages of DECONSTRUCTION?

As you well (or should) know that the Ramkoven was in the making long in advance of the Formation of the "Lions" (by which road "Brat Ljube" became a famous voyvoda hero to some!) and the terms were sewn up more or less soon after Arachinvo fighting. The following is some refresher info for those that forgot or don't know:

Bitter Macedonians say forced by world into appeasing separatists.

AFP

SKOPJE, June 1 (AFP) -
                Macedonia's bitter [Macedonian] majority believes it is being strong-armed by international pressure, notably from NATO and the European Union, into making sweeping and unwelcome changes to its young constitution.

The fragile former Yugoslav republic is facing the worst crisis of its decade-long period of independence, as an armed ethnic [Gheg] uprising threatens to topple the country into all-out civil war.

Fearing another round of Balkan bloodletting, the international community's big guns have shuttled in and out of Skopje to press the case for inter-ethnic dialogue on reforms to temper ethnic [Gheg] claims of discrimination.

The jewel in the crown of this process has been the creation of a government of national unity including all the main Macedonian [….] and ethnic [Gheg] parties, hailed by foreign diplomats as the best guarantee of peace. [THIS "JEWEL" WAS FORMED AROUND THE BEGINNING OF MAY 2001 and was in the planning from much much earlier, at least March of 2001!]

But as the guerrillas continue to rampage through northern hills and political divisions push the coalition to breaking point, the unity government in Skopje seems more and more like a facade to reassure international opinion.

"This coalition was imposed by the EU, by (EU foreign policy chief) Javier Solana, by (NATO Secretary General) George Robertson and (Swedish Foreign Minister) Anna Lindh. It's a perverse thing," political analyst and law professor Georgi Marjanovic told AFP.

"There is no cohesion, these parties have nothing in common," he said.

Prime Minister Ljubco Georgievski formed the coalition government under international pressure to defuse ethnic tension by taking on board ethnic [Gheg] demands for equal status under the constitution.

Now two ethnic [Gheg] political parties who have signed a unilateral accord with the rebels and which have been accused by Georgievski of backing "terrorists" sit alongside his Macedonian [Bugaroman] VMRO-DPMNE in cabinet.

Also on board are the former Communist SDSM of ex-PM Branko Crvenkovski, which will be Georgievski's fiercest rival for the [Macedonian] vote in next year's legislative elections and has already fallen out with him over how to deal with the crisis.

This week, Georgievski conceded for the first time that the agenda set for him in Brussels by the European Union and NATO would inevitably lead to the demands of the ethnic [Gheg] parties, and of the guerrillas, being met.

"The agenda is under the auspices of the international community and it is not a secret," he said, "This is the agenda that will make the country the place that [Ghegs] wanted to see."

A European diplomat told AFP that while Georgievski was clearly angry, the declaration showed that he had accepted the reality that [Gheg] demands for constitutional reform would eventually have to be met.

Georgievski says he is resigned to seeing the preamble to the constitution -- which describes Macedonia as "the nation-state and the Macedonian people" -- ripped up and replaced with a document that makes the [Gheg] minority a second constitutive nation and makes [Tosk ("Albanian"] an official state language.

But Marjanovic ridiculed the idea that the ethnic [Ghegs] would be satisfied when they gain constitutional equality, warning it would only be the first step towards the bloody dismemberment of his country.

"Before the war in Bosnia there were three constitutional peoples ... I don't think Europe really understands the problem," he said.

He described the decision of the two ethnic [Gheg] parties in the coalition to sign an accord with the rebels' political chief -- which promised the guerrillas a place at the negotiating table -- as "high treason".

The coalition was to strengthen Skopje's hand as the government tried to isolate extremists, but instead it has turned into a straitjacket for Georgievski, forcing him to work alongside his most bitter foes to forward someone else's agenda.

As the government's military campaign makes little headway, the only plan in town is the one imposed by the international community, and few in Skopje think it will postpone the political crisis for long.

"In two year's time, you'll see. The more we give the [Ghegs], the more they want," warns Tomislav Mitrovski, a 28-year-old baker.
                Last edited by indigen; 02-26-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Your wrong, the politicians failed Macedonia, headed by the Commander in Chief Boris Trajkovski.
                  I often accept being wrong. But in this case, I was not wrong. I blamed the voters who placed the politicians into power. The voters are to blame 100% because their subsequent actions during the referendum confirms the ongoing support for caving in to ethnic Albanian demands.

I am unsure if you are unaware ( you must be ) Macedonian troops where given specific orders NOT to shoot, even if under fire for most of the conflict.
                  So it clearly was not a war. The order NOT to shoot is evidence enough for me to distinguish this from a war.

I dont know how you can say the army failed, particularly in archinovo, when the politicans have NATO troops the green light to save and evacuate the Terrorists and US commanders!
                  I did not say that. I was not referring to the actions DURING Aracinovo. I was referring to the actions of the army AFTER Aracinovo when the whole world figured out what the hell was going on in Macedonia. All Macedonians knew the Macedonian politicians were implicated at this time and the army should have saved Macedonia thereafter. It didn't.

Most of the engaging was done by the Police.
                  Exactly. Call them the braniteli.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Indi,

where are these "Bitter Macedonians" today? They are awfully quiet.
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      You reckon? I think the entire Macedonian Republic blames outside forces for the tragic state of affairs in Macedonia now.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

You reckon? I think the entire Macedonian Republic blames outside forces for the tragic state of affairs in Macedonia now.
                        namely, they blame the diaspora!
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

They blame everything and everyone, but them selves.

No one can make you do anything unless you let them. If only they show half the amount of bitterness they show towards the diaspora, and direct it towards the government and mostly towards the EU that cause international pressure, Macedonia would look much healthier.

Initially, they blamed outside forces (EU, Nato) for their demise. Now the bitterness is for a different reason i'm afraid.
                          Their bitterness is why we are not accepted in this once despised institutions. How ironic. From wishing they were dead to wanting to jump in bed with them. Who is the real slut.
                          Last edited by Bill77; 02-26-2011, 03:58 AM.
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• indigen
                            • May 2009

From memory it was actually the Tigri that revolted because of the replacement of their commander.
                            Your recollection is correct and mine was incorrect in assuming it was the "Volci".

The following is a news story (Vest) of the incident:

Година: 1 Број:266 Понеделник 5/28/2001

ШТО СЕ СЛУЧУВАЛО ПО НЕДОРАЗБИРАЊАТА МЕѓУ МИНИСТЕРОТ ЗА ВНАТРЕШНИ РАБОТИ И СПЕЦИЈАЛЦИТЕ

Тигрите си ги бараат назад своите команданти

Командирите на специјалните единици се судриле со нивниот министер Љубе Бошковски и одбиле да учествуваат во координираната акција на полицијата и на АРМ за чистење на терористичките групи во Ваксинце

Припадниците на специјалната полициска единица "Тигри", во петокот одбија наредба за влегување во Ваксинце и ги оставија останатите единици на МВР и "Волците" од АРМ сами да го расчистуваат теренот од оружје и терористи во селото. Тие влегле во отворен судир со новиот министер за надворешни работи Љубе Бошковски. Тој ги суспендираше командантот на специјалците Тони Мандаровски и заменикот Ванчо Новковски. Според соопштението на МВР, против суспендираните Мандаровски и Новковски, истовремено била поведена и постапка за дисциплинска одговорност.

"Решенијата се донесени поради тоа што командирот Мандаровски и неговиот заменик, од непознати причини, одбија да учествуваат во координираната акција на полицијата и на АРМ за чистење на терористичките групи во Ваксинце и, без да ги информираат своите претпоставени, се вратија во Скопје", гласеше официјалното објаснување од кабинетот на Бошковски, со информација дека активностите на теренот и претресот по куќите продолжуваат да се одвиваат со посебната единица на МВР и со единиците на АРМ. Тие, пак, во попладневните часови тој ден, навистина воспоставија контрола во најтврдото терористичко упориште - Ваксинце, и без помош од "Тигрите", и без жртви.

До одбивањето на послушност кон министерот, неофицијално, дошло поради нивното несогласување да влезат како прва истурена линија или живи цели во стапица, за која биле сигурни дека терористите веќе ја поставиле во селото и ги чекаат на нишан. Најмногу ги револтирало, велат извори од МВР, тоа што Бошковски ја презел диригентската палка за крајно опасната акција во Ваксинце и, игнорирајќи ги проценките и сугестиите на командата на "Тигрите" за моментот и начинот на влегување, упорно ги терал да постапуваат по негови и, особено по армиски проценки, со кои тие не се согласувале, зашто ги ставале нив живи в оган, а не "Волците". Мандаровски и Новковски категорично инсистирале дека акцијата на нивната единица ќе заврши неславно, како онаа во Брест и Малина Маала, само дека овој пат сите ќе бидат убиени.

Кавгата, дознаваме, отишла дотаму командата на "Тигрите" отворено да се сомнева и да тврди дека "некој сака да ги намести да загинат во стапица на терористите". Мандаровски и Новковски, а по нив и цела единица во Ваксинце, со полна воена опрема и оружје, ја напуштиле задачата и заминале за Скопје, односно во нивната касарна.

По нив тргнал Бошковски, но кога пристигнал во касарната, според непотврдени сознанија, бил пречекан од една поголема невооружена група "Тигри", кои ги извадиле и значките. Во групата биле и неколкумина вооружени специјалци, кои министерот го пречекале со неколку истрели во воздух, во знак на предупредување и со извиците: "Обиди се да н&ицирц; разоружаш", со пцости и пораки "да се врати да прави слатки во Хрватска".

За инцидентот завчера расправаше државниот врв кај претседателот Трајковски. Министерот Љубе Бошковски рече дека останува на одлуката за суспензија на командантите. Тој потсети дека тие по закон и Уставот се должни да учествуваат во претресот на куќите.

Во текот на вчерашниот ден, сите телефони на надлежните кои можеа да ни кажат нешто повеќе за бунтот на "Тигрите" и дали постои координација меѓу АРМ и МВР, беа со вклучени "говорни сандачиња". За командување на специјалните сили, сега е директно надлежен полицискиот полковник Ристо Галевски. Од армиски извори ни беше речено дека до пладне со војската на теренот биле само полицајците од посебната единица на МВР, но не и специјалците. Сепак, вчера попладне, забележавме голема колона полициски хермелини што ја напуштија касарната Илинден и се упатија кон Куманово
                            С.Колевска
                            http://star.vest.com.mk/default.asp?...ika=Makedonija

http://star.vest.com.mk/arhiva.asp?god=2001&mesec=5

http://star.vest.com.mk/arhiva.asp

For fair use only.

Comment

• indigen
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                              Indi,

Bili,

IMO, being bitter didn't (and doesn't) help without an effective organisation to channel the "bitterness" (or resentment against injustice and oppression) into action for the redress of the issues causing the bitterness. If the bitterness had reached a bursting point, maybe there could (or should) have developed a spontaneous peoples uprising that then self organised into a popular political revolution and sought to seek justice but that was not the case in 2001 and much less likely to occur today. The closest we came to some popular revolt was June 26 2001.

June 26 2001 collection of press coverage: http://tanusevci.tripod.com/june/id26.html

The following is some info from Vest coverage of the events leading up to the Ramkoven:

Година: 1 Број:223 Вторник 4/3/2001

ПАРТИСКИ САМИТ КАЈ ПРЕТСЕДАТЕЛОТ ТРАЈКОВСКИ
                              За една недела, документ за партиски разговор

Шефот на државата, на лидерите на парламентарните партии им понуди документ за главните точки на натамошните разговори, со констатација дека терористите воено и политички се поразени

Парламентарните партии, во рок од една недела, треба да се изјаснат за предложениот документ од претседателот Борис Трајковски, во кој се одредени главните точки околу кои треба да се движат понатамошните партиски дискусии, кои е договорено да се одржуваат редовно.

Секој партија ќе го разгледа документот и има право да предложи нови теми околу кои ќе се водат понатамошни разговори.

Во документот, изјави македонскиот претседател, е констатирано дека од безбедносните сили и со поддршка на меѓународната заедница, војнички и политички се поразени активностите на екстремистите. Трајковски предлага и планирање на појдовни активности на државниот, врв пред потпишувањето на Спогодбата за асоцијација и стабилизација на Македонија со Европската унија. Во тие активности спаѓа хармонизација на стандардите на Македонија со Унијата.

"Како претседател на Македонија, ќе се обидам да го заштитувам интерсот на државата, одржувањето на нејзината стабилност, територијалниот интегритет и суверенитет, како и за побрза интеграција на националните малцинства во општеството во кое ќе се усвојат европските принципи", изјави македонскиот претседател Борис Трајковски, по средбата со партиските лидери.

Од сите присутни на средбата кај шефот на држвата било истакнато жалење поради неприсуството на претставниците на Партијата за демократски просперитет. (Т.Ц.)

Година: 1 Број:223 Вторник 4/3/2001

СРЕДБАТА ГЕОРГИЕВСКИ - ЦРВЕНКОВСКИ ЗА ШИРОКА ВЛАДА ЗАКАЖАНА ЗА В ЧЕТВРТОК

СДСМ ги бара МВР и Правда
                              Разговорите меѓу премиерот Љубчо Георгиевски и лидерот на СДСМ Бранко Црвенковски за составување широка влада ќе почнат в четврток. Поканата до Црвенковски, Георгиевски ја испрати вчера.

Разговорите меѓу премиерот Љубчо Георгиевски и лидерот на СДСМ Бранко Црвенковски за составување широка влада ќе почнат в четврток. Поканата до Црвенковски, Георгиевски ја испрати вчера.

Од петте клучни министерства, СДСМ бара две, дознаваме од високи извори во СДСМ. Најголемата опозициона партија не сака да ги гиба министерствата за одбрана, за финансии, туку пикира на министерствата за внатрешни работи и за правда.

Како што дознаваме, Црвенковски ќе настапи со предлог за министерствата за МВР, МНР, или за правда, но и, евентуално, за образование, а ќе побара и место вицепремиер.
                              Како што ни беше кажано, СДСМ во преговорите нема да има тврд став околу тоа кое од клучните министерства би ги добил, но би ги преферирал Министерството за правда и МВР и, евентуално, вицепремиерско место. Како што дознаваме, за министер за внатрешни работи, социјалдемократите ќе предложеле професионално лице, а не политичар, кое има стручност и способност да ги надмине нарушените меѓучовечки односи и лошата кадровска политика што досега во МВР ја спроведувала министерката Доста Димовска.

Замислата на СДСМ е владата да има ограничен мандат и задача да ја подобри настанатата безбедносна состојба, да ги врати сите професионалци кои се отстранети од МВР и да продолжи со дијалог помеѓу политичките партии за сите отворени проблеми.

СДСМ не претендира на одбраната бидејќи, како партија, тие се задоволни од реакцијата на Армијата и на министерот Љубен Пауновски. Слично мислење има и за министерот за финансии Никола Груевски.

Коалиционите партнери во рамките на Коалицијата "Заедно" се договориле за сите детали околу учеството во новата влада и не се очекува ниеден од нив да прави каков било проблем.
                              И додека опозицијата се договара кои министерства ќе ги пикира, во ВМРО-ДПМНЕ остануваат на ставот дека "идејата на Црвенковски се уште е маглива", како што изјави и лидерот на партијата Љубчо Георгиевски, по завчерашниот состанок на Извршниот комитет. Односно, за највисокото раководство, се уште не е јасно - дали зад идејата на СДСМ се кријат искрени намери да помогне во надминувањето на кризната политичко-безбедносна ситуација во Македонија, или сака само да влезе во Владата и да ги блокира процесите, со цел да предизвика предвремени парламентарни избори во борбата за власт. Портпаролот на ВМРО-ДПМНЕ, вчера категорично потврди дека на состанокот Георгиевски само го прашал Извршниот комитет, а од членовите добил согласност тој да се сретне со Црвенковски и да ја види неговата понуда, односно платформата за разговори. "По ова, претседателот ќе го информира Извршниот комитет и тогаш повторно ќе се одлучува за платформата. Во партијата досега не сме разговарале за нова поделба на ресори во Владата, како ни за тоа дали само СДСМ, или СДСМ и ПДП, или некоја друга комбинација би влегла во фамозната голема коалиција", вели Гиевски. (Г.Т.-С.К.)

http://star.vest.com.mk/arhiva.asp?god=2001&mesec=4

http://star.vest.com.mk/arhiva.asp

For fair use only.

Comment

• Frank
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2010

Being bitter is being a victim it is a choice dont let anyone tell you other wise

Comment

Working...
                                X