• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirtyCodingHabitz
    • Sep 2010

Asylum seekers pray to Allah and surf the Internet

Asylum seekers pray to Allah and surf the Internet

The look naive and nesovremeni, essentially migrants are shod with very good information. Relatively well manage the computer and favorite site is Google's browser with the map of Europe

The center has 98 people migrants. Of these, 24 are minors. Several are sheesetgodishnici. Most are aged 17 to 40 years. Sixteen are from Pakistan, nine in Somalia, three from Iran and are from Iraq, Eritrea, Syria, Afghanistan and Palestine

Ninety-eight men, women and children from countries in Asia and Africa, located in the Reception Center Vizbegovo, near Skopje, waiting for Macedonian citizenship. We are from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Kosovo, Somalia and Eritrea. The motive for which left the home, is always the same, running away from the forced mobilization of a military formation or job search. But no one had arrived to see the answer. Come and run away.

Was unusually quiet Thursday in the center. From hundreds of registered asylum seekers, there were ten. Others were out for a walk in the nearby area or in town. According to the agenda, they should be returned in 22 hours in the evening count.

Wahid, Sohail, Sardar, Talat, and Narges Manshar I found in the yard. Speak English, but very difficult and unclear. And some say a word of Greek or Macedonian. Not themselves, although they are Afghans, they can not understand each other, because they were five regions that use different languages and dialects.

- Often we go to the village which is close by, and the market, the largest in Orizari - they say.
    In Macedonia, entered Greece from where they were caught and expelled across the border. Those who talked with did not look like they had trouble with poverty in their country. They were dressed modestly, but not so outdated and old-fashioned clothes. Sohail Wahid and are secretive and they arrived in the country without a single document. Not reveal many details about yourself. However, from what we heard and saw, among them a determination to leave for Serbia and hence for Hungary and Italy.

The look naive and nesovremeni, essentially asylum seekers are well shod with much information. Pretty good at computers, and the favorite site, according to all, is Google's browser with the map of Europe. Macedonia seems their only refuge and way station on the road to Europe
    While waiting for the Macedonian authorities to approve them or reject requests for citizenship, "residents" of the Reception Centre leisure time spent on the Internet. Some teach English, while others work as construction workers in buildings around Skopje.

We currently have 98 persons, 150 as it can realistically Macedonia accepted. Of these, 24 are minors. Several are sheesetgodishnici. Most are aged 17 to 40 years. Sixteen are from Pakistan, nine in Somalia, three from Iran, two each from Iraq, Eritrea, Syria and Palestine and the rest of Afghanistan.

- The number of those here are changing by the hour. Every day they come without baggage or here and there for something and then when they find something certainly too quickly and leave unannounced. For one year, from January last year so far, 196 passed through the center of asylum seekers - said Samka Ibraimovski, director of the Reception Center.

According Ibraimovski, the center was named the best in this part of Europe, and it migrants receive housing, food, clothing, hygiene products, money and free legal aid. Available to asylum seekers are twenty computers, a library, kindergarten and zanimalna, classroom English and Macedonian language, clinic for basic preventive and modern kitchen arranged, and have room for religion.

For those who are temporarily staying here can practice their religion, at their request, we give data on the major religious centers and their location as part of the procedure for their "humane" acceptance.
    Author: Tomislav Kezharovski
    Photo: Darko Andonovski
    Азиланти се молат на Алах и сурфаат на Интернет

На изглед наивни и несовремени, во суштина мигрантите се добро потковани со многу информации. Релативно добро се снаоѓаат на компјутери, а најомилен сајт им е гугл-пребарувачот со мапа на Европа

Во центарот за мигранти има 98 лица. Од нив, 24 се малолетници. Неколкумина се шеесетгодишници. Најмногу се на возраст од 17 до 40 години. Шеснаесет се од Пакистан, деветмина од Сомалија, тројца од Иран, а ги има од Ирак, Еритреја, Сирија, Авганистан и Палестина

Деведесет и осум мажи, жени и деца, од држави во Азија и Африка, сместени во Прифатниот центар во Визбегово, крај Скопје, чекаат да добијат македонско државјанство. Ги има од Авганистан, Пакистан, Иран, Ирак, Косово, Сомалија и од Еритреја. Мотивот поради кој ги напуштиле родните огништа секогаш е ист, бегање од присилната мобилизација за некоја воена формација или барање работа. Но ниту еден од нив не стигнал да го види одговорот. Доаѓаат и бегаат.

Невообичаено мирно беше во четвртокот во центарот. Од стотината евидентирани азиланти, имаше десетмина. Другите беа излезени на прошетка во блиската околина или во градот. Според дневниот ред, тие треба да се вратат во 22 часот на вечерното пребројување.

Вахид, Сохаил, Сардар, Талат, Наргес и Маншар ги затекнавме во дворот. Зборуваат англиски, но многу тешко и нејасно. Кажуваат и понекој збор на грчки или на македонски. Ни самите тие, иако се Авганистанци, не можат да се разберат меѓусебе, зашто кај нив имало пет региони во кои се користат различни јазици и дијалекти.

- Често одиме до селово што е тука блиску, а и на пазарот, оној големиот во Шуто Оризари - велат тие.
    Во Македонија влегле од Грција, од каде што биле фатени и протерани преку границата. Оние со кои разговаравме не личеше дека имале мака со сиромаштијата во нивната земја. Беа облечени скромно, но во не толку застарена и старомодна облека. Вахид и Сохаил се таинствени и во државава стигнале без ниту еден документ. Не откриваат многу детали за себе. Сепак, од она што го слушнавме и видовме, кај нив постои решителност да заминат за Србија и оттаму за Унгарија и за Италија.

На изглед наивни и несовремени, во суштина азилантите се добро потковани со многу информации. Добро се снаоѓаат на компјутери, а најомилен сајт, според сé, им е гугл-пребарувачот со мапа на Европа. Изгледа Македонија им е само прибежиште и попатна станица на патот за Европа
    Додека чекаат на македонските власти да им ги одобрат или отфрлат барањата за државјанство, „штитениците“ на Прифатниот центар слободното време го поминуваат на Интернет. Некои учат англиски, а други работат како градежни работници на објекти околу Скопје.

Во моментов имаме 98 лица, од 150, колку што реално можеме згрижиме. Од нив, 24 се малолетници. Неколкумина се шеесетгодишници. Најмногу се на возраст од 17 до 40 години. Шеснаесет се од Пакистан, деветмина од Сомалија, тројца од Иран, по двајца од Ирак, Еритреја, Сирија и Палестина и преостанатите се од Авганистан.

- Бројката на оние што се тука се менува од час во час. Катадневно доаѓаат без багаж или овде-онде по нешто, а потоа кога ќе најдат нешто сигурно исто така брзо и ненајавено си заминуваат. За една година, од јануари лани досега, низ центарот поминале 196 баратели на азил - изјави Самка Ибраимовски, директорот на Прифатниот центар.

Според Ибраимовски, центарот бил прогласен за најдобар во овој дел од Европа, а во него мигрантите добиваат сместување, храна, облека, хигиенски средства, пари и бесплатна правна помош. На располагање на азилантите им се и дваесетина компјутери, библиотека, градинка и занимална, училница за англиски и за македонски јазик, амбуланта за основни превентивни прегледи и модерно уредена кујна, а имаат и соба за вероисповед.

За лицата што тука привремено престојуваат да можат ја практикуваат својата вероисповед, на нивно барање, им даваме податоци за главните верски центри и нивната локација, како дел од постапката за нивно „хумано“ прифаќање.

Автор: Томислав Кежаровски
    Фотографија: Дарко Андоновски
    If they give them citizenship, we know what's going to happen to our country. Just look at every European country that has been invaded by them, and say it's wonderful.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Never. Economic refugees are no ones problem…in our place Im poor your place looks nice can I come…and not an excuse. War refugees should only be housed at a safe camp near their own border.

In the words of Merkel…multiculturalism is a failed experiment.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
      • Nov 2009

I voted no but no on the grounds that they are doing it illegally, if they were to go through the legal processes and meet all the standards put by government to gain citizenship then yes, why not, we are all humans, all created equally by God, so we all deserve a good life.

I am actually surprised to see this in a Macedonian forum, we are probably over 1 million Macedonians in the diaspora and most of us whether it be our parents and grandparents etc immigrated to Australia, the US, Canada and many other countries so they can have a better life away from poverty or war. So shouldn't we be supporting this rather then condemning it?

Comment

• Daniel the Great
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
        In the words of Merkel…multiculturalism is a failed experiment.
        In the words of Martin Luther King jr....."ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"

Comment

• Blagojce
          • Mar 2010

Yes if they were Assyrians from Iraq. The indigenous population of the country and the first Christians.

Otherwise, no.

Comment

• fyrOM
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Daniel the Great View Post
            Animal Farm by George Orwell. Published in England on 17 August 1945

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

According to humanitarians All things are said to be equal but I would add in good times the illusion looks like that but if push comes to shove humanism says
            1. That last piece of bread would be better in my mouth than yours
            Or
            2. That last piece of bread would be better in the mouth of my kind than your kind

I’m not pointing the finger at any nationality…its just a fact of life.

Comment

• Ljubanec
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Blagojce View Post
              Yes if they were Assyrians from Iraq. The indigenous population of the country and the first Christians.

Otherwise, no.

Macedonia is not in a position to accept any immigrants.

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

What irks me is we live by the values expected of us in Australia, and South Australia has had a high influx of sudanese . The problem is the lack of manners. Standing after work at the bus stop and being pushed (I use a walking aid) so they can jump on the bus ahead of me whilst I ungraciously am sprawled on the pavement, corporate skirt askew, not a good look. They are rude and without etiquette, and there was an incident last year in the city where a 13 year old boy was stabbed to death, they brought their religious gang warfare here.
                Yes, multiculturalism has worked in Australia, however, most migrants have learnt some basic decent manners , there is no hope for some of these people
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
                  What irks me is we live by the values expected of us in Australia, and South Australia has had a high influx of sudanese . The problem is the lack of manners. Standing after work at the bus stop and being pushed (I use a walking aid) so they can jump on the bus ahead of me whilst I ungraciously am sprawled on the pavement, corporate skirt askew, not a good look. They are rude and without etiquette, and there was an incident last year in the city where a 13 year old boy was stabbed to death, they brought their religious gang warfare here.
                  Yes, multiculturalism has worked in Australia, however, most migrants have learnt some basic decent manners , there is no hope for some of these people
                  They say a drowning person is a dangerous thing. Not being a strong swimmer but more so never having found myself in such a position I cannot speak from experience but anecdotally from the accounts of many others.

They say always be careful if you go to save a drowning person as in their desperation to keep their head above water they will sometimes try to climb onto the shoulders or head of their rescuer oblivious to the fact they are pushing their rescuer under…in their desperation their I need to live blinds them to the fact they need to relax and cooperate with their rescuer or they could drown the rescuer and then have no one to help and find themselves in their same first position of drowning and desperately in need of help.

I found such statements extremely strange and almost to the point of unbelievable…surely a person coming to help you is a reasonable swimmer and surely cooperating with them is the Best way for both of you to survive…after all don’t these drowning people want to live.

The response to my question was almost unanimous and almost floored me. The drowning person thinks I need air Now and in their gasping fit thinks all else including their rescuer be dammed. Supposedly the logic is now that they have gotten a few breaths of air and partially stabilized their breathing they are in a stronger position to work with that second guy coming to save them or if the could swim ok but just somehow got themselves into difficulty…eg cramp…they are now breathing properly stabilized themselves and strong enough to swim to safety not giving a second thought to if their rescuer is drowning or not.

The adage No good deed goes unpunished springs to mind.

In their desperate need refugees will give the sad puppy dog look and say please with a partially outstretched hand to any country that will take them but once there all too often do whatever they feel they need to do to advance themselves as quickly as possible and legal or illegal and the consequences to the population of the country that took them in be dammed. The worst part is many see the massive aid they receive from the government as excessive and hence an act of stupidity from a gullible person and since our taxes are the source of that government aid this negative view is transferred to the people. A fool is there to be abused so Use and abuse these fools. Didn’t the sister of the of the two brothers and their friends jailed for gang rape make that infamous statement Australian girls are sluts because they have sex before marriage so that’s all their good for and the judgment against her brothers was too harsh. You would think a Girl herself would be more sensitive to another girls plight of being gang raped. You would because you live with our values and see yourself as one of us.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                    • Sep 2010

I am actually surprised to see this in a Macedonian forum, we are probably over 1 million Macedonians in the diaspora and most of us whether it be our parents and grandparents etc immigrated to Australia, the US, Canada and many other countries so they can have a better life away from poverty or war. So shouldn't we be supporting this rather then condemning it?
                    Australia, US and Canada don't have a native majority population. We have a native majority population and if we want to keep it that way. We must not allow any immigrant because they will outnumber us sooner or later. You will face resistance from the native population and radicalism from the minorities because they want a piece of your land.

I wipe my arse with those words every day.

According to humanitarians All things are said to be equal but I would add in good times the illusion looks like that but if push comes to shove humanism says
                    Or
                    2. That last piece of bread would be better in the mouth of my kind than your kind

Spot on. I always like the way you post .

Have you noticed that the more minorities they bring the more multiculturalism doesn't work in Australia? There are suburbs where there's little minorities and they behave better than me. But if you're in some suburbs where it's over-diversed , you'll see lots of gangs, crimes and people are rude.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                      • Nov 2009

Sorry i just realized that this concerned Macedonia, i was actually thinking this was about the current situation in Australia with the boat loads of asylum seekers from Sri Lanka.

I stand by my word that all men a created equal but if Macedonia were to face a inflow of illegal asylum seekers, i would be against it, i believe Macedonia should be majority Macedonian forever for it is our motherland. In Australia's case, i don't care who comes
                      into the country, if anyone was to care about this issue in Australia it would be the Indigenous Australians and not these Anglo Australians who seem to think they own this country.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post

Or

That's true, we all favor our own people in some way, but this does not hide the fact that every human is created equal in God's eyes.

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

Ozimak, it may be the lateness of the hour/earliness, but am really confused with your response. Being pushed and shoved out of the way to jump on a bus is acceptable?? They havrante no manners and it is acceptable to push a disabled woman standing to alight a bus . Fuck that. I know my olds did not act in such a disgraceful manner,
                          They continue to exhibit these behaviours and I want them sent back , my taxes are paying for these heathens that cause disruption and chaos.
                          I may have misunderstood your post altogether, but these sudanese women are the ones dressed like sluts. Absolutely disgusting.
                          I find it abhorrent to be manhandled, pushed out of the way to allow their brood of Aussie born babies on the bus while I have to work for my survival, medication, with chronic illness to support the likes of herds like that
                          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                            • Sep 2010

but this does not hide the fact that every human is created equal in God's eyes.
                            Compare a disabled person with a normal person, and tell me if they are equal. Now compare the richer part of this world with the poorer one and guess how many children die in both parts.

Nothing is created equal.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                              Compare a disabled person with a normal person, and tell me if they are equal. Now compare the richer part of this world with the poorer one and guess how many children die in both parts.

Nothing is created equal.

Equal in the Biblical sense, God loves everyone equally, every human deserves human rights etc etc. Social standards, illnesses and/or disabilities doesn't make them any less human then the next person.

Comment

Working...
                              X