X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Im with Phoenix on this. I read that this was an elite sniper unit that had its initials (cant remember what the first "S" stands for) and had the insignia on the flag. I dont think they even realised it was a nazi symbol. The insignia was to resemble lightning if I remember it right.

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
      Im with Phoenix on this. I read that this was an elite sniper unit that had its initials (cant remember what the first "S" stands for) and had the insignia on the flag. I dont think they even realised it was a nazi symbol. The insignia was to resemble lightning if I remember it right.
      The first 'S' was for Scout...apparently

The Americans use 'elite' in a very general manner, much different to the meaning applied to forces and units in the British, Australian and New Zealand militaries...

I'll post a quote on this later from a book by a former serving member of Australia's SAS Regiment...very interesting

Comment

• FriendofMacedonia
        • Feb 2012

I understand that by sending Macedonian troops it will increase your favor with the us (realpolitik) but at what cost?

Occupying a foreign country? The potential deaths of young Macedonian soldiers?

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by FriendofMacedonia View Post
          I understand that by sending Macedonian troops it will increase your favor with the us (realpolitik) but at what cost?

Occupying a foreign country? The potential deaths of young Macedonian soldiers?
          It gives Macedonian forces a unique opportunity to develop and hone asymmetric warfare capability that was lacking in 2001.
          Participation in these wars (Iraq and possibly a lesser extent in Afghanistan?) allows Macedonian special forces units to experience real world conflict in the form of guerrilla warfare, terrorism and insurgency.

The lessons learnt by SF's units in these scenarios are then passed down to the regular army and defense forces, fast tracking the competence of ARM.

Unfortunately, that's the name of the game, participation is critical and experience is far more important than any political fallout and to some degree, human cost.

It's no coincidence that the best trained forces are in with the Americans in the middle east...

Capability is a 'use it or lose it' thing...

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

That American unit was a Scout Sniper unit. I realise that some of these issues are sensitive, but we cannot be forever precious and stop using appropriate acronyms when the intentions are genuine.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
              That American unit was a Scout Sniper unit. I realise that some of these issues are sensitive, but we cannot be forever precious and stop using appropriate acronyms when the intentions are genuine.
              I don't think the acronyms are inappropriate, but the style (font) they were written, Very much resembles Nazi Germany.

I also don't believe it was deliberately designed that way to associate with Nazi Germans, and its just a case of (as Phoenix said) they didn't join the dots in what somebody thought was a 'cool' attempt at graphic design...
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voshtarets
                I would much prefer that we use something else for target practice than impoverished people in a foreign country. JMHO.
                I don't think they are using impoverished poeple as targets, at least not intentionally.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Some of you people on this forum really crack me up. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. You call yourselves Macedonians, defenders of our rights and dignity. Yet, you defend our participation in a foreign occupation of another country while willfully ignoring the carnage and suffering imposed on our own people through foreign occupation over the centuries through to the present day. Ich ne se ustramvate.
                  Voshtarets, you made the sweeping claim that Macedonians soldiers are using impovrished people for target practice. That is nonsense. If anyone should be ashamed it should be you. Would you like to retract that silly statement or do we need to dissect it further?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Lele Boze. Afganistan is one of the poorest countries in the world. Are that dense and ill-informed?
                    Voshtarets, what you are implying is that Macedonian soldiers are committing war crimes by taking innocent civilians and purposefully using them as human targets. Are YOU that dense?

Comment

• Voshtarets
                      • Feb 2012

Voshtarets, what you are implying is that Macedonian soldiers are committing war crimes by taking innocent civilians and purposefully using them as human targets. Are YOU that dense?
                      Vangelovski, I assumed there were some bright people here. They may be around, but for some reason I keep running into you. I can't waste my time like this.
                      The hypocrisy of Macedonians actiing as apologists for our countries participation in the occupation of another nation is too much for me to bear.
                      Do me a favour and delete my account. I'm done here.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voshtarets View Post
                        Vangelovski, I assumed there were some bright people here. They may be around, but for some reason I keep running into you. I can't waste my time like this.
                        The hypocrisy of Macedonians actiing as apologists for our countries participation in the occupation of another nation is too much for me to bear.
                        Voshtarets, I don't understand what you are trying to say. You implied that Macedonian soldiers are brutally murdering innocent civilians. Now you neither want to retract or defend those comments. Maybe you would like to clarify what you mean't by Macedonians soliders using impovrished poeple as target practice?

If you actually believe that Macedonian Soldiers are going around and indiscriminately murdering innocent civilians, then you are a fool, with no evidence whatsoever to back up your idiotic claims.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Voshtarets View Post
                          I think that Macedonia needs to do whatever it can to establish a professional defence force in the quickest time possible, otherwise we're sitting ducks (as we were in 2001) and at the mercy of the lunatics that surround us and those hell bent on undermining us from within.

Comment

• blackcactus
                            • Sep 2008

If you actually believe that Macedonian Soldiers are going around and indiscriminately murdering innocent civilians, then you are a fool, with no evidence whatsoever to back up your idiotic claims.
                            That's not what he ment, your taking what he said literally

As for what he actually meant, I can't be a$$ed explaining it
                            Last edited by blackcactus; 02-22-2012, 07:31 AM.
                            The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Zarni
                              Banned
                              • May 2011

I assumed there were some bright people here. They may be around, but for some reason I keep running into you. I can't waste my time like this.
                              You would probably read this

If you dont have to a tougher skin then that you probably will not last anywhere were there is a space for differing views I would wonder how you function in life too

On Hypocrisy well Macedonians need to act and behave like everyone else for a change I have no problem saying that Macedonians are dealt with shinning examples of Hypocrisy all the time

So if you want to back track and just toughen up maybe you can be a interesting contributor or you can just piss off the last option is easer for u I bet
                              Last edited by Zarni; 02-22-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Zarni
                                Banned
                                • May 2011

Honestly People the first Image that came to Mind was the Rock Band Kizz to Nazi Germany

Comment

Working...
                                X