Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Apparently they reckon Facebook is going to be the next big thing. Should I be an early adopter?
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      Apparently they reckon Facebook is going to be the next big thing. Should I be an early adopter?
      Risto, FaceBook is HUGE (2nd in the world) and it's not for only the young my friends range from 19-85 and from all walks of life. Many of us already have accounts so let me know where I can find you ..

Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-19-2010, 06:25 PM.
      http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Early - you've missed the boat on early RtG
        Last edited by Vangelovski; 12-19-2010, 07:07 PM.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          Early - you've missed to boat on early RtG
          hey, what's a few years za nasi luge (see wedding arrivals) hahahahaha

NOTE

Not wise to create a MTO page; however, I post links to the website which drives traffic here via FB auto pilot feature. Everyone who has a FaceBook account post this thread and lets see what happens ..

Post 1
          Kino Milenium will be hosting the film, Jason Miko is in Skopje promoting it. Risto, Do you recall who that 14 year old kid was in Adelaide when he said that he is proud to be Macedonian? http://www.sitel.com.mk/video/makedonija/oficijalna-atina-dosega-ne-reagirala-na-ime-si-e-ime
          Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-19-2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Ne be RtG, I'm looking at joining 'My Space'...but whatever you choose make sure you stick with ONE, otherwise you could be mistakingly labelled a 'double adaptor'...

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Phoenix, from what I have seen of Facebook, becoming a double adaptor is a very real threat.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

I notice that a member named 'Jason Miko' has just signed up.

Is this the 'real' Jason? If so, welcome, I am interested in your thoughts regarding this discussion.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  I notice that a member named 'Jason Miko' has just signed up.

Is this the 'real' Jason? If so, welcome, I am interested your thoughts regarding this discussion.
                  Maybe someone will talk about the CFR? What about writing for select media?
                  Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-19-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Phoenix, from what I have seen of Facebook, becoming a double adaptor is a very real threat.
                    ...I just don't understand what all the fuss is about, what can you do on FB that can't be done with an e-mail or the use of a (smart)phone...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

poke people ... apparently
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                        NOTE

Not wise to create a MTO page; however, I post links to the website which drives traffic here via FB auto pilot feature. Everyone who has a FaceBook account post this thread and lets see what happens ..
                        We have no major desire to do anything there MK, but why do you think it would not be wise?
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

poke people ... apparently
                          ...well, can't say that I have ever considered that...I wonder who the most poked person here is...?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

I heard someone was poking the UMD for a while.....
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              I heard someone was poking the UMD for a while.....
                              ...lol...that's one way of putting it.

Comment

• fyrOM
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2010

RTG…Post040...We have no major desire to do anything there MK, but why do you think it would not be wise?

A good question RTG considering Facebooks excellent one to many structure.

Phoenix…Post038...I just don't understand what all the fuss is about, what can you do on FB that can't be done with an e-mail or the use of a (smart)phone...

Phoenix how old are you…did you choose the name Phoenix because you have hit over 100 years and onto your second life. Doesn’t everybody know about Facebook. A business with a email mailing list can do a mass information distribution like Facebook but this is not the be all and end all of Facebook.

RTG…Post039...poke people ... apparently

RTG the aspiration to poke somebody is what drives Facebook.

Its like a huge notice board to show yourself off and have people contact you. Your likes ie categories serve kind of like dating websites where likes are listed. On the surface it looks like a good thing.

Have you noticed the don’t have advertising like a lot of sites do. I recently watched The Social Network…the Facebook movie…and they said the creator deliberately did not want advertising on the site because he thought it would cheapen the site. In the movie they also said investors gave the creator 500 Million dollarsbother they must be stupid......mmm.

Advertising on sites is a revenue stream and for some sites their only revenue yet Facebook doesn’t want it and nor does it charge you any subscription fee so where do the get income to pay for the upkeep of the site…ie hardware internet connection and downloads and staff…let alone any profit yet they had investors giving them 500 Million. You all as thinking people…which you have all demonstrated that you are…can you not get a feeling that this whole Facebook setup just doesn’t add up and something must be wrong.

Consider the information people willingly give up on Facebook. To have a likes section people tell a lot about themselves and their interests…a marketers dream you would think…but when is the last time you received marketing material specifically tailored to your likes out of the blue. So if its not marketing what the hell is the driving force behind Facebook. Consider that your information on Facebook is private to you and those you choose to allow to view it…but is it not also available to the backroom of Facebook. If its not marketing then who else would want to know about you and your friends.

Facebook is just evil Big Brother in a social mask. The Fed up thing is they are telling you this to your face…pun intended…in the name Facebook…it’s a program to keep stored information on millions and potentially billions of people and also to know exactly what they look like via the photos they post…anybody hear facial recognition software.

The should have a warning on Facebook like the one over the gates of Hell…abandon yea all hope who enter herebecause whatever information and pictures you post are never lost even if you delete them and or close you Facebook account for you are forever part of the Book of Faces.

Comment

Working...
                                X