X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Valhalla View Post
    Really ? When ? When was this Risto ? I just came from there.
    This is not the norm, but rather an exception to the rule.
    There is no hard feelings and I can assure you the Macedonians on the other side of the border do not mind Greek ppl coming, exchanging greetings, and supporting their family business's by purchasing products. Our economic problems may even pave the way for dialogue on a grassroots level. More communication there exists, less barriers to break.

You shouldnt be so pessimistic.
    Oh this was 3 years ago.
    I am sure things are better there now that Greece is on it's knees financially. You should have seen the "Greeks" when they went to Macedonia, thinking they owned the place. I have so many funny stories I could share about the belligerence of those idiots.

But you are right, things can change. Obviously denying the Macedonians their identity both inside and outside of Macedonia should stop if we are going to see real change in Greece. I still have hope.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Valhalla
      Banned
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
      And what does the Greek schooling system owe to its pupils when it focuses highly on Ancient history and some how manages to not teach its pupils about the various minorities that formed modern Greek society?
      Negative ^ That is not true.

Comment

• Valhalla
        Banned
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Oh this was 3 years ago.
        I am sure things are better there now that Greece is on it's knees financially. You should have seen the "Greeks" when they went to Macedonia, thinking they owned the place. I have so many funny stories I could share about the belligerence of those idiots.

But you are right, things can change. Obviously denying the Macedonians their identity both inside and outside of Macedonia should stop if we are going to see real change in Greece. I still have hope.
        You having hope is a good sign. Yes, things have changed. Most ppl are quite sick and tired of this back and forth...

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Risto, you are doing a disservice in catering to this kind of thinking. You owe it to your youngsters to be more carefull in how you joke. They may actually think you are serious.
          Was I joking?
          Perhaps I should have said Arvanites for Albanians, Bulgarians for Macedonians and Pontians for Turks ... there there .... back in a happy safe place for you now. What is it like in your Germano-Hellenic bubble?
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

You having hope is a good sign. Yes, things have changed. Most ppl are quite sick and tired of this back and forth...
            Imagine if Greece actually apologised to its inhabitants for destroying their identities. It would be a great start towards reconciliation.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Negative ^ That is not true.
              It is not true you say? Ancient history is not a great part of the Greek schooling system, would you please provide the curriciulum of elementary studies and higher education in Greece.
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• johnMKD
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                It is not true you say? Ancient history is not a great part of the Greek schooling system, would you please provide the curriciulum of elementary studies and higher education in Greece.
                Greek schooling system for history? EASY, so very briefly just:
                Ancient Greece, Byzantine Empire and Greco-Turkish wars.

Ancient Greece: How great we used to be
                Byzantine Empire: Maybe they didn't know it themselves, but they were 100% Greeks
                Greco-Turkish wars: How we managed everything by ourselves
                Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

Nobody has any problems. Golden Dawn is not significant. You really give them too much credit. Its a tool used to enforce your ideas of oppression in Greece. See for yourself.
                  If they really are not significant then why cant the grk police offers and step in and help macedonians when they are bullied and oppressed by them? If they are not significant why cant the macedonians in grease have their grk "friends" be brave and protest for golden dawn to be made illegal?

For a "insiginificant" group, they sure seem to have the uncanny ability to demolish, bully, protest, ruin and threaten every macedonian function or event in grease.

But back to my original point, it is the grk people who are the problem, not the macedonians.

In all my life i have never seen or heard a macedonian deny a "grk-macedonian" the right to call themselvs a "grk-macedonian" or claim alexander. Do you see any macedonians protesting at "grk-macedonian" or even grk functions, nope. On the other hand when ever the poor macedonians try to do something, they always face protests and stupid acts of racism from the grks.

When you think about it we have seen americans protesting about their government and army involvment in iraq and vietname, we have seen australians protest and push for the australian government to treat aborigines better and say sorry, we have seen germany apologise to its crimes to the jews, and we have read of stories of many germans and other nazi countries that risked their lives to save the jews. We even read and heard of americans fighting against the KKK and protecting blacks in the past.

I have NEVER heard of your little imaginery "good grk people" in Grease ever stand up and help the oppressed macedonians, or criticise their government or church for their racist action and policies towards macedonians. Even in the yugoslav wars we had serbs protesting against slobodon milosovic and saying he was committing crimes towards bosnians and croats.

The fact that you came to this forum and tried to make yourelf the victim and make us macedonians as some sort of "facists" is laughable and pure lunacy. It goes to show the sick mentallity that the huge majority of the grks suffer from.

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                    Greek schooling system for history? EASY, so very briefly just:
                    Ancient Greece, Byzantine Empire and Greco-Turkish wars.

Ancient Greece: How great we used to be
                    Byzantine Empire: Maybe they didn't know it themselves, but they were 100% Greeks
                    Greco-Turkish wars: How we managed everything by ourselves
                    Thank you John, obviously Valhalla is not schooled in Greece or he was trying to divert the question.
                    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                      If they (golden dawn) really are not significant then why cant the grk police offers and step in and help macedonians when they are bullied and oppressed by them? If they are not significant why cant the macedonians in grease have their grk "friends" be brave and protest for golden dawn to be made illegal?

For a "insiginificant" group, they sure seem to have the uncanny ability to demolish, bully, protest, ruin and threaten every macedonian function or event in grease.
                      My theory is that groups like Golden Shower are tools of the 'greek' secret services and are used to deny the minorities of greece fostering a sense of non-greek nationalism.
                      I think N17 served a particular agenda, it was always an amazing coincidence how it met its demise on the eve of the 2004 Olympic Games after decades of total immunity from apprehension of any of its members...obviously the Government of the day saw more benefit in holding the games than a political need for N17.

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

It looks like the desperation and acceptance of the inevitable loss of Greek claims for the Cyprus, leads Greek Cypriot president to speak some the truths and blame Greece for their failure;

Christofias slammed for reference to ‘Facebook fascist’ in Greek parliament

PRESIDENT Demetris Christofias was slammed by critics yesterday for referring to online fascist videos during his historic address to the Hellenic Parliament in Athens.

Christofias became the first Cypriot president to address the Hellenic Parliament to mark 50 years of the Cyprus Republic.

During his speech, he made reference to the coup by the Greek junta, and subsequent Turkish invasion, saying that some had not learned from the past.

He referred specifically to the appearance in Cyprus of “destructive” mentalities of extreme organisations like Chrysi Avgi (Golden Dawn) and others.

Every democrat feels indignation and outrage when they see on the internet the unrepentant grandfather teaching his three-year-old grandson the slogan ‘Long live the junta’ in front of the framed shield of the fascistic junta hanging on the wall...the child holding the pistol and being taught to kill Turks and communists,” Christofias said.

He was referring to a video posted on Facebook by a civil servant in a senior position made public last week.

An opinion piece in Phileleftheros yesterday accused the president of taking an isolated incident of “blatant perversion” and using it in the most historic speech ever given by a Cypriot president. The author referred to the “hypocrisy” of all those public officials who condemned the video, claiming that not a single social worker or civil servant has visited the child’s family since the furore erupted.

The cartoonist in the same paper drew a sketch of Christofias addressing the Greek parliament, saying in a speech bubble: “And the next time I come to speak before the Hellenic Parliament... I’ll tell you more about YouTube videos.”

DIKO deputy Nicolas Papadopoulos yesterday described the reference as “unacceptable”, saying the president had a duty to uphold certain standards. “Instead we hear him making references to YouTube videos. It is not befitting of the office of the president to stoop to that level.”

Ruling AKEL deputy Yiannakis Thoma replied that every politician and president had an obligation to discuss anything about the society that he represents.

“That video was an exceptionally worrying event. I don’t think the president did anything wrong to discuss his revulsion for these phenomena,” said Thoma, adding, “Some politicians criticise him for everything, the way he stands, breathes. It’s not unexpected.”

November 25, 2010

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/ch...ament/20101125

It`s good to hear some part of the truth from Greek Cypriot president for the first time in 37 years but it`s too late anymore.

DIKO deputy Nicolas Papadopoulos yesterday described the reference as “unacceptable”, saying the president had a duty to uphold certain standards. “Instead we hear him making references to YouTube videos. It is not befitting of the office of the president to stoop to that level.”

Look how similar is the expression of Papadopoulos with the ones i get here;
                        Onur, are you taking a specific case of bad parenting and claiming its Greek Cypriot national policy?
                        Originally posted by Strive View Post
                        Posting a youtube video of a wignut's grand child and then painting a whole nation with the same brush is propaganda.
                        Nobody has any problems. Golden Dawn is not significant. You really give them too much credit.

DIKO deputy Nicolas Papadopoulos`s response and our "beloved" pro-Greeks with their classic attitude and similar responses. How cliché!!! but it`s becoming banal!!!
                        Last edited by Onur; 11-26-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

The optimist in me suggests Demetris Christofias could make positive changes in the nation.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

I allready know from a couple of cyprus friends what the president feels.The greek people of cyprus find mainland greece more& more irrelevant in their survival & they don't generally agree with their hardliner fascist views.I thought all greeks held their similar fascist rules not so the greeks in cyprus !
                            Last edited by George S.; 11-26-2010, 04:45 PM. Reason: ed
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Akzion
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2010

Wrong! Actually the Annan Plan Referendum showed that (mainland) Greek politicians were less hardliners than Greek Cypriots. George Papandreou and Democratic Left Wing clearly asked Cypriots to vote YES. Then Prime Minister Kostas Karamanlis only implied YES would be better. Communists and Orthodox Rally supported NO for different reasons.
                              (Yet, Cypriots thought different).

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Akzion View Post
                                Wrong! Actually the Annan Plan Referendum showed that (mainland) Greek politicians were less hardliners than Greek Cypriots. George Papandreou and Democratic Left Wing clearly asked Cypriots to vote YES. Then Prime Minister Kostas Karamanlis only implied YES would be better. Communists and Orthodox Rally supported NO for different reasons.
                                (Yet, Cypriots thought different).
                                So in essence what you are telling us is that one Turd is better than the other? I highly doubt that. I think alot of people agree that it's nothing more than the same Turd hitting two different Toilets and making a splash.
                                Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X