X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buktop
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mr Brandy View Post
    Nobody is happier then me that a school was renovated in Prilep. I am questioning the naivite of assuming that what China does is in some way a good will gesture and what other superpowers do is strictly for their own gain and greed.

I believe Macedonia should foster positive ecomomic relations with everyone - that's not the point. China might be a newer relationship to Macedonia and they may be providing some much needed aid however there is no way I will be convinced that those actions don't translate into some net benefit for themselves.
    Economic rule #1: No such thing as a free lunch
    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
    Our long awaited hour will draw near
    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

Yes, as true as that may be, it is still unlikely that China is taking on such initiatives to increase its' "sphere of influence" in the Balkans, as is the plans of Russia and the United States.

It is perhaps more than likely that this kind of initiative is in effect a sweetener, for the Macedonian Government to look more favorably toward certain Chinese companies for certain current and upcoming tenders.

I think the Chinese can also see Macedonia as a potential gateway to the EU market, through Macedonia's favorable trade agreements as an EU candidate.

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

Nice to see Macedonia making strong contacts.
        From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

Working...
        X