X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
    Thats a very 1 dimensional view SOM. What would be the purpose to take greece to the ICJ when the its ruling is only symbolic as cannot be enforced?

Since the court has no power, surley the case was not put forward for Macedonia to join NATO or EU under FYROM... was it?
    Not this again...Volk seems to think we have the memory of a goldfish!

The only think that is one dimensional is you!
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

What would be the purpose to take greece to the ICJ when the its ruling is only symbolic as cannot be enforced?

Since the court has no power
      The ruling will be binding and enacted by the UN Security Council.
      surley the case was not put forward for [B]Macedonia to join NATO or EU under FYROM... was it?[/B]
      It is exactly what Macedonia wants ie to be allowed into any and all organization as fyrom even though the name talks are going on.

First posted 14 Feb 2011
      Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics > PM not optimistic over swift name settlement

Macedoina v Greece at the Hague

Monday, 14 February 2011

From March 21 until March 30 Hague Tribunal will hold a public debate in Macedonia’s lawsuit against Greece, triggered by the violation of temporary agreement at NATO summit in Bucharest.

The discussion will be open to the public and conducted in two phases. Macedonia will present its case in the first phase on March 21 and March 22, while Greece will presents its standpoints on March 24 and 25.

On March 28 Macedonia will have a right to a rebuttal, while the public debate will be concluded on March 30 with a closing statement made by Greece. According to past practices the court will rule on the case within 6 months or by the end of the year. The ruling will be binding and enacted by the UN Security Council.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Volk, if this was Monopoly, you would now have a card that says Go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I can't believe you have ignored all the previous dialogue on the very issue you have raised yet again.

But, just for fun:
        Originally posted by Volk
        What would be the purpose to take greece to the ICJ when the its ruling is only symbolic as cannot be enforced?

Since the court has no power, surley the case was not put forward for Macedonia to join NATO or EU under FYROM... was it?
        SoM made his point clear and reasons have been given. The question for you is:

What is good about going to ICJ? Last time you said it was bad and good. Lets get some more clarity this time.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

I remember reading one of greeces arguments was that it did not prevent macedonia from joining but that it was member states,if you beleive that you'll beleive in anything.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

i don't think anyone knows of the final decision date.
            Application of the Interim Accord of 13 September 1995 (the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia v. Greece)

Application
            Orders
            Press releases
            Latest developments in the case
            09/02/2011 - The Court to hold public hearings from Monday 21 to Wednesday 30 March 2011
            16/03/2010 - The Court authorizes the submission of a Reply by the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and a Rejoinder by Greece, and fixes time-limits for the filing of these pleadings
            12/03/2010 - Fixing of time-limits
            22/01/2009 - Fixing of time-limits for the filing of the initial pleadings 2 Kb
            20/01/2009 - Fixing of time-limits: Memorial and Counter-Memorial 45 Kb
            17/11/2008 - The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia institutes proceedings against Greece for a violation of Article 11 of the Interim Accord of 13 September 1995 4 Kb
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Volk, why do you insist on arguing a dead argument? Put your pride and ego aside and get with the program, you can't be that naive. There is nothing wrong with admitting that you made an error of judgement. I found when I have done this it hasn't killed me.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Volk
                • Sep 2008

The ruling will be binding and enacted by the UN Security Council.
                Ozimak, MINA is not exactly known for their accuracy, is there anything else you can give me that confirms this. My understanding of the ICJ is that it has no power, to assume the UN Security Council can dictate who goes in or out of NATO and EU seems illogical.

SoM made his point clear and reasons have been given

What is good about going to ICJ? Last time you said it was bad and good. Lets get some more clarity this time.
                where? I have not gotten an answer from ANYONE, Tom avoided it and finally finished with "I dont understand"

Risto, my points are we (the people outside of the government) cannot say exactly the strategy of the government in regards with its exact reasoning for going to a International Court of Justice when it holds to barring on EU and NATO membership.

I am gauging members to give their opinions why Macedonia would take this avenue considering the ICJ ruling is not enforceable.

I have stated this several times... Its really not that hard to understand.

Volk, why do you insist on arguing a dead argument? Put your pride and ego aside and get with the program, you can't be that naive. There is nothing wrong with admitting that you made an error of judgement. I found when I have done this it hasn't killed me.
                SOM, I have a genuine question which none of you are willing to answer.

People here are great at judging and asking questions themselves but when pressed for deeper rational, doge and weave.

Why is this question so hard to answer?
                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Volk, your question was answered on the other thread and dealt with. You cannot be anything other than a Gruevski apologist in my view.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Can anyone seriously beleive that the ICJ will be listened to & that the un will enact its resolutions on greece.Volk it all sounds good in theory taking someone to court.I think it's called buying time.The Court’s role is to settle, in accordance with international law, legal disputes submitted to it by States and to give advisory opinions on legal questions referred to it by authorized United Nations organs and specialized agencies.Another toothless tiger!

Jurisdiction
                    The International Court of Justice acts as a world court. The Court has a dual jurisdiction : it decides, in accordance with international law, disputes of a legal nature that are submitted to it by States (jurisdiction in contentious cases); and it gives advisory opinions on legal questions at the request of the organs of the United Nations or specialized agencies authorized to make such a request (advisory jurisdiction).
                    Last edited by George S.; 02-25-2011, 10:40 PM. Reason: edit
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Volk
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                      Volk, your question was answered on the other thread and dealt with. You cannot be anything other than a Gruevski apologist in my view.
                      Point me to answer you blatant LIER! I have no interest in discussing any topics with a deceiver such as yourself.

George some people here like to skip the facts that you have outlined.
                      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

where? I have not gotten an answer from ANYONE

Risto, my points are we (the people outside of the government) cannot say exactly the strategy of the government in regards with its exact reasoning for going to a International Court of Justice when it holds to barring on EU and NATO membership.

I am gauging members to give their opinions why Macedonia would take this avenue considering the ICJ ruling is not enforceable.

I have stated this several times... Its really not that hard to understand.

SOM, I have a genuine question which none of you are willing to answer.

People here are great at judging and asking questions themselves but when pressed for deeper rational, doge and weave.

Why is this question so hard to answer?
                        Volk,

I have given you my opinion on another thread. The Government seem to be doing this only for these two reasons.

A) By showing its citizens and the political opposition, they are resolving (or trying to) the halt in progress on joining NATO and the EU.
                        Its a game.
                        I know the ICJ decision at the end is not enforceable, But are the citizens aware? do they have some false hope? even if they are aware, the fact that the government are doing something rather than nothing, is a gesture that they hope would appease the many that push for EU and Nato entry. Both the "at any cost" and "not if it costs our name" parties. As i said in my recent post, there is a mentality and mood around the nation, the expectation that the name issue must be resolved so Macedonia progress on joining Nato and EU. And by making no attempt in progress, is looked at as something Evil. We are a sick country.

B) Bragging rights. Also The right for diplomats to point fingers at the other in future, which at the end of the day, means jack shit. Again its a game.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Point me to answer you blatant LIER! I have no interest in discussing any topics with a deceiver such as yourself.

George some people here like to skip the facts that you have outlined.
                          Volk, you are a charlatan much like your predecessor Buktop! Step into the a few more times and then I will provide you with the relevant qoutes from the other thread.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Volk, you stopped responding here:

http://macedoniaonline.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3767&Itemid=45&mosmsg=Comment+accepted+only+in+Macedonian+or+English.+Your+comment+will+be+published+after+review+by+MINA.+Thank+you After several days of bickering between Government representatives and Crvenkovski's Presidential Cabinet,

You seemed to support going to the ICJ and not going to the ICJ at the same time.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Volk
                              • Sep 2008

You seemed to support going to the ICJ and not going to the ICJ at the same time.
                              Risto, I answered this before you even posted this question, I will answer it again. How about showing the same courtesy?

I dont agree with the ICJ avenue, so I am not defending it, I am objecting to your reasoning for its initiation

Very rational explanation Bill.
                              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

I dont agree with the ICJ avenue, so I am not defending it, I am objecting to your reasoning for its initiation
                                Shall we count this as two seeing you stated it on both threads?

Comment

Working...
                                X