Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

......By 15 votes to one, the court found that Greece had violated the interim accord. But by the same margin, the court rejected all other submissions by Macedonia

woo hoo, we are ....nothing
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• AMHRC
      De-registered
      • Sep 2009

HAGUE JUDGEMENT REINFORCES NEED FOR MACEDONIA TO END SHAMEFUL NAME NEGOTIATIONS

Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Skopje, Macedonia
      5 December 2011

Not that any more incentive should be needed to stop negotiating your own name, but in a 15-1 vote, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague ruled today that Greece violated the United Nations’ sponsored Interim Accord (a 1995 “agreement” between Macedonia and Greece) when it vetoed the Republic of Macedonia’s entry to the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) in April 2008.

Following the Greek veto, in November 2008, Macedonia lodged an application at the ICJ arguing that Greece had violated the terms of 1995 agreement between the two countries. Under the accord, Greece pledged not to block Macedonia’s entry into international organisations under the so called United Nations’ provisional reference, “the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”.

Greece initiated the nonsensical “name dispute”, objecting to Macedonia’s name, in an effort to detract from its policy of non-recognition and persecution of its large Macedonian minority.

Ironically, it was not until 1988, when Greece realized that independence for the Republic of Macedonia was imminent, that it renamed “Northern Greece” to “Macedonia.” Prior to this, Greece's policy was that Macedonia did not exist.

Despite Greece’s intense propaganda campaign, more than 130 countries (over two thirds of all UN members, and including four of five UN Security Council members) have recognised the Republic of Macedonia.

While today’s decision will be perceived by many as a victory for Macedonia, the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) and Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) urge Macedonians to put the decision into some perspective. Though the judgement demonstrates that Greece cannot be trusted to abide by international agreements, it does not endorse the Republic of Macedonia’s name, nor does it put an end to the disgraceful name “discussions” between Macedonia and its southern neighbour. Therefore to ‘support’ or ‘welcome’ today’s ICJ decision, merely denotes an endorsement for the continued use of the demeaning and racist “FYROM” reference and an acceptance of the destructive 1995 Interim Accord.

The AMHRC and MHRMI have long demanded that the Macedonian government put an end to the name “negotiations” with Greece and today’s ICJ judgment reinforces the obvious need for such a move. These “negotiations” are racist and contrary to the concept of human rights and indeed, the spirit of the UN charter itself.

Furthermore, MHRMI and AMHRC call on Macedonians worldwide to continue their support of the Our Name is Macedonia campaign, which demands that Macedonia immediately end all negotiations over its name:

###

Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non-governmental organisation that informs and advocates before international institutions, governments and broader communities about combating racism and promoting human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world, are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, or email [email protected] or via +61 3 9329 8960.

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: www.mhrmi.org, twitter.com/mhrmi, facebook/mhrmi, [email protected], 1-416-850-7125.
      Last edited by AMHRC; 12-05-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
        HAGUE JUDGEMENT REINFORCES NEED FOR MACEDONIA TO END SHAMEFUL NAME NEGOTIATIONS

Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Skopje, Macedonia
        5 December 2011

Not that any more incentive should be needed to stop negotiating your own name, but In a 15-1 vote, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague ruled today that Greece violated the United Nations’ sponsored Interim Accord (a 1995 “agreement” between Macedonia and Greece) when it vetoed the Republic of Macedonia’s entry to the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) in April 2008.

Following the Greek veto, in November 2008, Macedonia lodged an application at the ICJ arguing that Greece had violated the terms of 1995 agreement between the two countries. Under the accord, Greece pledged not to block Macedonia’s entry into international organisations under the so called United Nations’ provisional reference, “the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”.

Greece initiated the nonsensical “name dispute”, objecting to Macedonia’s name, in an effort to detract from its policy of non-recognition and persecution of its large Macedonian minority.

Ironically, it was not until 1988, when Greece realized that independence for the Republic of Macedonia was imminent, that it renamed “Northern Greece” to “Macedonia.” Prior to this, Greece's policy was that Macedonia did not exist.

Despite Greece’s intense propaganda campaign, more than 130 countries (over two thirds of all UN members, and including four of five UN Security Council members) have recognised the Republic of Macedonia.

While today’s decision will be perceived by many as a victory for Macedonia, the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) and Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) urge Macedonians to put the decision into some perspective. Though the judgement demonstrates that the Greece cannot be trusted to abide by international agreements, it does not endorse the Republic of Macedonia’s name, nor does it put an end to the disgraceful name “discussions” between Macedonia and its southern neighbour. Therefore to ‘support’ or ‘welcome’ today’s ICJ decision, merely denotes an endorsement for the continued use of the demeaning and racist “FYROM” reference and an acceptance of the destructive 1995 Interim Accord.

The AMHRC and MHRMI have long demanded that the Macedonian government put an end to the name “negotiations” with Greece and today’s ICJ judgment reinforces the obvious need for such a move. These “negotiations” are racist and contrary to the concept of human rights and indeed, the spirit of the UN charter itself.

Furthermore, MHRMI and AMHRC call on Macedonians worldwide to continue their support of the Our Name is Macedonia campaign, which demands that Macedonia immediately end all negotiations over its name:

###

Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non-governmental organisation that informs and advocates before international institutions, governments and broader communities about combating racism and promoting human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world, are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, or email [email protected] or via +61 3 9329 8960.

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: www.mhrmi.org, twitter.com/mhrmi, facebook/mhrmi, [email protected], 1-416-850-7125.

Thank you AMHRC and MHRMI on behalf of all the Macedonian diaspora!!!
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          Get the mortein out makedonce. I can here the buzzing from Athens all the way here in Melbourne.
          Bill77
          hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!...........I'll go and get a 44 gallon drum ready!
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

AMHRC
            Thanks for the statement...........once the euphoria wears off maybe people can get back to business and support the AMHRC to prevent the further erosion and loss of our name "Macedonia" before it is too late.
            DO NOT WAIT FOR THE POLITICIANS IN ROM TO DO ANYTHING, GET ON BOARD NOW AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT, ASK NOT WHAT THE AMHRC CAN DO FOR YOU OR MACEDONIA, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT AMHRC BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE AND YOU CAN NO LONGER CALL YOURSELF MACEDONIAN OR HAVE A COUNTRY CALLED MACEDONIA
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

From the Guardian:

The diplomatic standoff escalated when Macedonia named its main airport, outside the capital, Skopje, after the classical era hero, Alexander the Great. The ICJ judgment notes that "the renaming of an airport could not itself constitute a breach" in the negotiations between the two states.
              Is that because the Micra airport in Solun was renamed as Macedonia as well?

... Who knows now??? Perhaps Warrior on Horse will be renamed as Alexander of FYROM.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                DO NOT WAIT FOR THE POLITICIANS IN ROM TO DO ANYTHING, GET ON BOARD NOW AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT, ASK NOT WHAT THE AMHRC CAN DO FOR YOU OR MACEDONIA, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT AMHRC BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE AND YOU CAN NO LONGER CALL YOURSELF MACEDONIAN OR HAVE A COUNTRY CALLED MACEDONIA
                If the Eurodonians want to be called FYROM and they go to court to insist on this nomenclature, who is anyone in the Diaspora to insist otherwise? The majority of Macedonia has spoken and it was a grating garbled mess. We can only remind them of what they used to be. They have the upper hand as far as where they want to be. ... and the hand is right up them.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

Risto, you are insulting a lot of people in Macedonia with your stetements. It's not like everybody "cheers" what the government is doing. And, as far as I can see, I bet that the number of those who want end of this humiliation called "name talks" will increase.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Both Gruevski and Ivanov have announced that they will continue the negotiations and seek a solution. Gruevski has even stated that the IA is a "foundational" document for Macedonia "guaranteeing" it stability. I cannot believe what I am reading in the press, but I am not suprised. To all those "ozimaks" out there that were peddling DPMNE propaganda that there is some "grand strategy" at play - HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
                      Risto, you are insulting a lot of people in Macedonia with your stetements. It's not like everybody "cheers" what the government is doing. And, as far as I can see, I bet that the number of those who want end of this humiliation called "name talks" will increase.
                      It is EXACTLY like the majority are cheering what the government is doing. They keep voting them in. If Macedonians don't like this, surely something more than voting for the idiots that have perpetuated this mess is in order. I hope I am insulting the Eurodonians Dedo. Naturally, I have no intention of insulting any Macedonians.

People hated the term "Serbodonian" once upon a time. Is Eurodonian a more offensive term?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

Even Pakistan acknowledges the truth about Macedonia more than some Macedonians are willing to display (just look at the map they use...it's of ethnic/geographic macedonia with the original sonce in the middle hehe)

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
                          DedoAleko
                          I used to think the same thing and I thought it was unfair to criticize the people in RoM, until we tried several different avenues and discovered nothing was working. Perhaps after insults we should start slapping them around the head, if that doesn't work we could try using a stick, if they doesn't work we could try shooting them, if that doesn't work we could try mass genocide...........the question I have for you is at what point in this exercise will the Macedonians in ROM stand up and say ENOUGH we're not putting up with this any longer? What will it talke for them to stand up and say ENOUGH!?

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                            Both Gruevski and Ivanov have announced that they will continue the negotiations and seek a solution.

Then the Macedonians within the republic of Macedonia should be ashamed of themselves, how disgusting to sit and take it up the butt whilst the whole world is watching right now. Get rid of those traitors, potest, DO SOMETHING

Gruevski has even stated that the IA is a "foundational" document for Macedonia "guaranteeing" it stability.

gRUEvski is a traitor , the stability for the shiptarite????da mu ebam pitchkamu majchina nina

I cannot believe what I am reading in the press, but I am not suprised. To all those "ozimaks" out there that were peddling DPMNE propaganda that there is some "grand strategy" at play - HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!
                            grand strategy all you gruevski lovers is you are traitors to your own blood

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                              Even Pakistan acknowledges the truth about Macedonia more than some Macedonians are willing to display (just look at the map they use...it's of ethnic/geographic macedonia with the original sonce in the middle hehe)

http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-n...ation-breached
                              Here is a screen shot of it:

And here is what some individual wrote in the only comment:
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

SoM,

What is most disturbing of all is that I think that individual that posted the comment may in fact be Macedonian. David Edenden (which I think is a psudonym) has a blog that deals with Macedonian issues.
                                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X