X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    In answer to your question of 'why', Daskale, I would have to respond with one of either three things:

1) Our government is led by traitors.

2) Our government is led by weaklings.

3) Our government is stupid.

Could be a combination of all three.

Oh yeah, some morons claim that our government has a "master plan".
    If you look at the individuals who make up our Government, you can clearly see most are traitors, some are morally weak and nearly all are stupid. Yet their lapdogs believe this collective bunch as a "master plan". This "master plan" was supposedly put in place back in 1991. But lets look at some the key figures involved:

1. Gligorov (dithering old fool, Yugoslav nostalgic)
    2. Crvenkovski (traitor, opportunist)
    3. Maleski (traitor, Yugoslav, independece over his dead body)
    4. Frckovski (traitor)
    5. Buckovski (traitor, opportunist)
    6. Georgievski (traitor, Bugaroman)
    7. Gruevski (just plain stupid)
    8. Milososki (Bugaroman)

Between these idiots, how could one possibly believe they have a "master plan"? Each and everyone of them has an anti-Macedonian agenda.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Volk
      • Sep 2008

Good question Duskalot, I have asked it many times also, mostly its a side steped question where people just say "they are just stupid", or "they want to enforce FYROM"- my response to that has always been, how can they enforce fyrom if the ICJ cannot push Macedonia into EU or NATO regardless of a victory... This is always ignored because its not an easy question.

The government has mostly hid its strategy regarding the name issue (if it even has one), the double name forumula is not spoken about anymore...

So to answer your question as to why Macedonia has taken greece to the ICJ I'll give you several possible answers:

- put pressure on greece to make actual progress in the name talks (which may or may not include degrading 'settlements' like RM- skopje

- put pressure on greece to accept Macedonian ethnicity in return for a compromised name like that one above

- show the IC that Macedonia has done everything in its power to find a solution (including RM- Skopje) and that it cannot do anymore- thus put pressure on greece again- or give an excuse to withdraw from the talks (not that it needs one)

- give us leverage to take the despite to the UN general assembly (by showing greece is the unvilling partner)

- domestic political point scoring, by showing the goverment is actually fighting for EU and NATO membership

Or a combination of these...
      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
        Good question Duskalot, I have asked it many times also, mostly its a side steped question where people just say "they are just stupid", or "they want to enforce FYROM"- my response to that has always been, how can they enforce fyrom if the ICJ cannot push Macedonia into EU or NATO regardless of a victory... This is always ignored because its not an easy question.
        This question of yours has been addressed, even though it is a stupid one. There is no moral victory, as you attempt to describe it, to be won at the ICJ. There is no evidence that the Macedonian Government is even attempting to achieve what you claim it is. There is no 'master plan'. There is no evidence of a 'master plan'.

Take another look at the list of people who have been in power over the past 20 years and it becomes quite clear what their intentions are, and have been, all along. It also becomes quite clear what the intentions of their lapdogs (such as yourself) are.

Further, if you think the government has hidden its "strategy", then you obviously have not been following the events over the past two decades, you cannot comprehend what is happening around you or you are shamelessly attempting to gloss over the outright treason and stupidity that has been undertaken in our name.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          This question of yours has been addressed, even though it is a stupid one.
          Show me idiot, show me what you have adressed. Your a self proclaimed expert in determining who is stupid. You cannot use argument or even adressed any of my points, every one is stupid exept Vangelovski and those who may agree with him that everyone is stupid.

Your like a worm seeking to stopp proper discussion. Do not reply to my posts ever again, none of them are ever directed at your narcissistic stupidity.
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
            Show me idiot, show me what you have adressed. Your a self proclaimed expert in determining who is stupid. You cannot use argument or even adressed any of my points, every one is stupid exept Vangelovski and those who may agree with him that everyone is stupid.

Your like a worm seeking to stopp proper discussion. Do not reply to my posts ever again, none of them are ever directed at your narcissistic stupidity.
            My previous post in itself addresses your stupid question.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

If macedonia wins in the ICJ why are they still negotiating on the name.Why not pull out of the name negotiations all together.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

It is good to see that my simple question has triggered so many responses, but the right answer to my question was given by Makedonche.

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                or more precisely, that Greece blocked Macedonia from entering NATO as "FYROM".
                or to be exact as quoted from the ICJ thread, from the application to the ICJ:
                The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia asserts in its Application that the Respondent violated its rights under the Interim Accord by objecting, in April 2008, to its application to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia contends, in particular, that Greece “veto[ed]” its application to join NATO because Greece desires “to resolve the difference between the Parties concerning the constitutional name of the Applicant as an essential precondition” for such membership.
                So now let me ask WHY did Greece block Macedonia from entering NATO?

WHY?

Lets try and stick to the question WHY and not divert the topic, please.

I will post my question again because hence forth this is the question that needs an answer;

WHY?
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Please give as many possible reasons to WHY Greece did act in this way.

Comment

• Voltron
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                    Please give as many possible reasons to WHY Greece did act in this way.
                    If you dont mind me giving you our point of view, I would simply say because we didnt see good faith being shown in the negotiations.

Comment

• Currency Trader
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                      It is good to see that my simple question has triggered so many responses, but the right answer to my question was given by Makedonche.

or to be exact as quoted from the ICJ thread, from the application to the ICJ:

WHY?

Lets try and stick to the question WHY and not divert the topic, please.

I will post my question again because hence forth this is the question that needs an answer;

WHY?

NATO medlemskapet kanske anses vara det mest värdefulla pris för länder som är under utveckling. Grekland inser att deras förhandlingskraft i frågan om namnet skulle reduceras om Makedonien fick medlemskapet, oavsett under vilket namn. För Makedonien skulle det bli business as usual och man skulle fortsätta sina diplomatiska kontakter under sitt konstitutionella namn. Grekland vet att Makedonien skulle inte ens besvära sig med att lösa dispyten då Makedonien fått det dom velat ha. Den som tidigare var i underläge rent förhandllingsmässigt har nu plötsligt hamnat i överläge.

För Grekland handlar det om utpressning, det är det dom sysslar med mot sina grannländer, exemplevis Turkiet (Cypernfrågan).

-

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
                        NATO medlemskapet kanske anses vara det mest värdefulla pris för länder som är under utveckling. Grekland inser att deras förhandlingskraft i frågan om namnet skulle reduceras om Makedonien fick medlemskapet, oavsett under vilket namn. För Makedonien skulle det bli business as usual och man skulle fortsätta sina diplomatiska kontakter under sitt konstitutionella namn. Grekland vet att Makedonien skulle inte ens besvära sig med att lösa dispyten då Makedonien fått det dom velat ha. Den som tidigare var i underläge rent förhandllingsmässigt har nu plötsligt hamnat i överläge.

För Grekland handlar det om utpressning, det är det dom sysslar med mot sina grannländer, exemplevis Turkiet (Cypernfrågan).

-
                        Please translate the above post of yours into English Currency Trader.

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                          If you dont mind me giving you our point of view, I would simply say because we didnt see good faith being shown in the negotiations.
                          I do not mind Voltron.
                          So that is the only reason, nothing else?

Comment

• Currency Trader
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                            Negative - Greece is in the business of extortion against its neighbouring countries. They know full well that you need something that the other party wants in order to extort something out of the other party - If Macedonia were to enter NATO, under any kind of name, Greece would loose the biggest leverage they ever had on Macedonia.

The underdog would suddenly dictate when and how a settlement would take place. So far, that stick has belonged to Greece.

You don't need to be a rocket-scientist. Nice try.

-

Comment

• Voltron
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Thats pretty much it. Greece just want to solve the issue and be done with it.
                              Thats what we signed up to.

Comment

• Voltron
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
                                Negative - Greece is in the business of extortion against its neighbouring countries. They know full well that you need something that the other party wants in order to extort something out of the other party - If Macedonia were to enter NATO, under any kind of name, Greece would loose the biggest leverage they ever had on Macedonia.

The underdog would suddenly dictate when and how a settlement would take place. So far, that stick has belonged to Greece.

You don't need to be a rocket-scientist. Nice try.
                                -
                                I dont disagree with you, but you have to understand a written agreement was made. Of course leverage will be used. Isnt this the purpose of a Veto ?

Comment

Working...
                                X