X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    Vol, that's the problem with the 'greeks'...life is always a bit 'dreamy', eventually when you wake up, that warm feeling of the Aegean lapping against your legs will be the cold stench of pissing in your own bed...
    At least its warm for a while. I guess we can call this bailout era the Greek "golden period".
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

r you could invest in some incontinence pads or pants.Just kidding.You don't expect a bailout on that.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
        • Sep 2010

Greece to declare bankruptcy on March 23rd
        March 23rd gonna be a great day for me. Getting back to Australia and greece goes bankrupt on the same day .

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
          March 23rd gonna be a great day for me. Getting back to Australia and greece goes bankrupt on the same day .
          Don't forget to throw your loose change to the porpers if you fly over Greece.

Speaking of charity and Greece. I love this quote ,

"A society that has more justice is a society that needs less charity".
          Ralph Nader
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Brian
            Banned
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
            What happened DCH?
            Why the "great day"? It sounds like you can't get away fast enough.
            Didn't you checkout how liveable it would be for you first?
            I keep hearing from people from time to time that there is a 'stranci' discrimination against diaspora trying to make a go of living in RoM particularly from non-European countries in regards to finding work ect. Any truth to this in your opinion?

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
              • Sep 2010

Don't forget to throw your loose change to the porpers if you fly over Greece.
              I'll be doing that for sure .

What happened DCH?
              Why the "great day"? It sounds like you can't get away fast enough.
              Didn't you checkout how liveable it would be for you first?
              I'll be back next year for good . Plans changed and I got things to sort out in Aus.

I keep hearing from people from time to time that there is a 'stranci' discrimination against diaspora trying to make a go of living in RoM particularly from non-European countries in regards to finding work ect. Any truth to this in your opinion?
              I wouldn't know .

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

i can't wait for the day when they are booted out of the eu.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                  i can't wait for the day when they are booted out of the eu.
                  I say keep them there. Let them get raped by Banks/EU further.

na kje se ebat sami sebe.
                  Last edited by Bill77; 03-01-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                    I say keep them there. Let them get raped by Banks/EU further.

na kje se ebat sami sebe.
                    ...i ako mo treba malce pomosh so ebajne to neka ne viknai nunas!
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                      ...i ako mo treba malce pomosh so ebajne to neka ne viknai nunas!
                      hahaha. samu zenski ama i da se lichni inache mene da ne me vikat.

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                        hahaha. samu zenski ama i da se lichni inache mene da ne me vikat.
                        hahaha....tolgai mislam nema ebajne za nas...site se grdi, zhenite i mazhite!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Brian
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2011

Another crack in the wall, but still doesn't feel like Mar 23rd is going to be the day Greece blows up. Although, 'kook' sites are predicting an earthquake somewhere in the world - who knows, it might swallow Greece up.

Greece: 3 wounded, 2 taken hostage after shooting

An unemployed man shot and wounded three people and took two others hostage Thursday at a plastics factory in northern Greece, police said. State TV said police special forces were drawing up plans to storm the factory, but authorities have not confirmed that report.

KOMOTINI, Greece (AP) — An unemployed man shot and wounded three people and took two others hostage Thursday at a plastics factory in northern Greece, police said. State TV said police special forces were drawing up plans to storm the factory, but authorities have not confirmed that report.

The incident occurred in the northern town of Komotini, 800 kilometers (500 miles) northeast of Athens, at a factory that makes trash bins and other plastic products. The shooter, identified by police only as a 52-year-old Greek man, was fired from the factory six months ago.
                          Police said he burst into the site Thursday with a shotgun, firing at the chairman of the company and a Bulgarian employee, who were both hospitalized with gunshot wounds not considered to be life threatening. A police officer also has been shot and injured in the hand.

Authorities said the two men taken hostage were company drivers.
                          "The gunman had worked as an employee at our factory in Komotini, between July 20, 2000 and Aug. 31, 2011, when he was dismissed, after displaying an unstable, inappropriate, and delinquent behavior over a long period of time in the workplace," the plastics company, the Athens-based Helesi Corp., said in a statement.

The company said its chairman Anathanasios Adrianopoulos was shot in his office and wounded in the neck, arms and body, and taken out of the building by employees who intervened to try to stop the gunman. It said the hostages were ages 51 and 64.

Police said the gunman had demanded payment of euro31,000 ($41,250) in money he said he was owed by the company.
                          They said the industrial area outside Komotini, a town of some 65,000 inhabitants, had been cordoned off and that negotiators had reached the site.

Unemployment has risen rapidly since the start of Greece's financial crisis — roughly doubling to nearly 21 percent following more than two years of austerity measures. The jobless rate is highest in the northern Macedonia and Thrace regions, at nearly 24 percent.
                          Pantelis Magalios, head of a labor center in Komotini, told the AP that the gunman had run out of money.

"He had been employed at the plant for several years ... They had promised to re-hire him," Magalios said. "His colleagues told me that he had not eaten anything in four days."

Speaking later to Greek reporters, he added: "We condemn this incident which should not have happened. But the problem is that have to think about what put the gun in this man's hand. What made him reach this point: unemployment, which is on the rise, and a cut in wages. These are problems we will continue to be confronted with."

Comment

• Onur
                            • Apr 2010

Greece: 3 wounded, 2 taken hostage after shooting

KOMOTINI, Greece (AP) — An unemployed man shot and wounded three people and took two others hostage Thursday at a plastics factory in northern Greece, police said. State TV said police special forces were drawing up plans to storm the factory, but authorities have not confirmed that report.
                            Do you know how Greece created these small factories in western Thrace?

Gumulcine (Komotini) and all other cities in western Thrace was more populated with Turks and the lands was belonged to them. After they entered EU, they started to leech funds from ECB with lowest possible interest rates. Then Greek governments offered extremely profitable loans to Greek businessmen from Athens if they create factories in western Thrace. A lot of them did so by getting cheap loans from state owned banks, then came to western Thrace, bought the lands which formerly belonged to the poor Turkish people. They built the factories but never gave jobs to the local Turks, instead they imported Greek workers from other parts of Greece. These newcomers totaled for 100s of thousands and as you can read from the article, they created new towns for these workers and their families. On the other hand, the real owners of these lands, Turks ousted to the far corners of the place, to the rural and deserted places.

All these things has been done to alter population figures of the western Thrace and don't allow Turkish people to select Turkish party in the elections. As you know, they also changed the national threshold to be elected and altered the borders of regions in there laters, putting Turks and these new towns populated with people from Athens to lower the voting power of the Turkish people.

So, is this payback time for their sins now?

Comment

• fatso
                              • Sep 2008

Who sin's yours?

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

you got to hand it to the greeks they are far too smart.When all is said & done they have
                                committed a lot of sins on the many minorities on it's soil.
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X