X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
    Its time for me to go to Macedonia one day and meet some people, I always love a good conversation about history and peoples.
    I dont think Macedonians got any problems with Turks, how would I be welcomed there?
    Macedonians in the Diaspora would quite probably be delighted to meet you. Macedonians in Macedonia have always said nice things about visiting Turkey, I am sure you will have a lovely time.

When I visit a new country, I try to learn a bit of its language and am respectful. It goes a long way.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Ottoman
      Banned
      • Nov 2010

You are right learning the language is a form of respect.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

which parts are you visiting???
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

actually will be visiting Turkey for a few days in August and would love to learn some of the basics, I feel it is important to know some of the customs etiquette and language of any country as a sign of respect
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Julie, just ask me before you book for your visit. I can help you for where to travel, where to stay and what to do, so you can get best out of your holiday.

I would like to visit Balkans for this summer too. I am thinking about going to dubrovnik by plane then i will go to Bosnia, Serbia and Macedonia by bus.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
              Julie, just ask me before you book for your visit. I can help you for where to travel, where to stay and what to do, so you can get best out of your holiday.

I would like to visit Balkans for this summer too. I am thinking about going to dubrovnik by plane then i will go to Bosnia, Serbia and Macedonia by bus.
              I wouldn't travel by bus - its slow and painful! Your best bet is to fly or hire a car.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Some bus rides are far too long & tiring.If you hire a car you get to see more rather than preset tours.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Ottoman
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2010

I think by car is the best, you can stop whenever you want.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
                    Its time for me to go to Macedonia one day and meet some people, I always love a good conversation about history and peoples.
                    I dont think Macedonians got any problems with Turks, how would I be welcomed there?
                    Ottoman, Many Turkish people visit Macedonia especially in Bitola allot to see inregards to the Ottoman Era..

Visiting Institute and Museum of Bitola

One of the main cultural attractions of Bitola is Institute and Museum of Bitola. This building used to serve as a military school and barrack in Ottoman Times. As many young men, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk has got his military education here too. thats why this place and this city is important for Turks and Turkey. In this building you can visit archaeological museum, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk memorial hall and some temporary & permanent exhibitions.

Institute and Museum of Bitola included are the following edifices: the Old Barrack, Antique locality of Heraclea Lyncestis, Art gallery (Yeni Mosque), Hajdar Kadi Mosque, Memorial House of Goce Delcev, Memorial House of Stevan Naumov Stiv, the Magaza located at “27 March” Street.

Stara Charshija-Old Bazaar
                    It was one of the most important trade centers of Ottomans in Balkans. In 19th century there were 75 kind of trades divided in 30 bazaars such as horse market, candle market, grains market, salt market, salt market, preserves market, Istanbul market(silk&carpet market) etc. during those years a big number of merchants and craftsman visited bitola and had trade for their homelands. They also visited the cafes by the banks of the River Dragor, or it was Dembel Charshija where people sitting, laughing and talking during the day. This place is also mentioned in the most famous Bitola folk song "Bitola Babam Bitola"

Including Bitola Turkish Mosque

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Hmm, thanks for the advice but i was thinking like it shouldn't take too long to travel between Croatia to Bosnia, then Serbia to Macedonia by bus. Ofc i will stay in each country. It wont be a single bus trip from Croatia to Macedonia.

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Onur, Zagreb-Skopje is about a 12 hour bus ride, If you go from Dubrovnik its much closer in terms of Kilometers however its a mountain road from Monte Negro to Kosovo and its probably gonna take around 10 hours.

The Zagreb-Belgrade-Skopje Freeway is very good, however the problem is the border crossings since its a long wait i would say on average 1 to 3 hours per crossing because from Croatia you have to go through all of Serbia in order to get to Macedonia.
                        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• fyrOM
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

Gruevski invites Crvenkovski to snap, fair elections

Skopje, 22 February 2011 (MIA) - VMRO-DPMNE Executive Committee decided yesterday for snap parliamentary elections, said party leader Nikola Gruevski at Tuesday's press conference, calling on SDSM leader Branko Crvenkovski to accept it with dignity.

"You have persistently been asking the vote for five months. You have elections now, without delay, without buying time. I urge you, loud and clear, to come out at elections. It would be dignified to accept", Gruevski addressed Crvenkovski.

He told the opposition leader not to ask for reasons in failing to come out for election face-off.

"I know that you are scared, searching for thousands of reasons not to face your fear and come out at elections. Fear is a bad thing, it de-focuses an individual, resulting in poor decisions. A scared man is a powerless man. I understand, you know that the people do not trust you. You lied to them on many occasions", said Gruevski.

The VMRO-DPMNE leader emphasized it was not his style to sweet talk without doing anything.

"My style is to work, compile a program with concrete deadlines and projects, offering citizens a pure political product. I fulfill my promises. I work for my people and my homeland, and I will always do this", added Gruevski.

He said the elections must be fair and that he would not allow citizens and the country to be held hostage to Crvenkovski's personal ambitions and interests.

Martin Protoger has been elected chairman of VMRO-DPMNE's national election headquarters.

According to Gruevski, the stance of coalition partner DUI is identical to the one of VMRO-DPMNE.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                            Fear is a bad thing, it de-focuses an individual, resulting in poor decisions. A scared man is a powerless man.
                            Sounds like Macedonia to me.

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                            "My style is to work, compile a program with concrete deadlines and projects, offering citizens a pure political product. I fulfill my promises. I work for my people and my homeland, and I will always do this", added Gruevski.
                            You have failed Gruevski.

Sounds like an opportunity to make a real difference to me.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                              • Oct 2009

John Bitove talks about Macedonian Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.

Watch both videos in entirety:

Part 1: YouTube - Interview with UMD Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient John L.N. Bitove, C.M. - Part 1
                              Part 2: YouTube - Interview with UMD Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient John L.N. Bitove, C.M. - Part 2
                              For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                              http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                              Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                              Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                              Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Does anyone really care what John Bitove (one of the men who convinced Gligorov to negotiate on the name) has to say? If we are going to watch it, can you point to a specific time slot?
                                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X