X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
    Why would Albanians do anything to join the EU? Entering the EU wouldn't mean that Macedonia is safekeeping its borders and its interests, thus destroying any dream of theirs for Great Albania?
    You are correct john, Albanians have absalutely no desire joining th EU for the reasons you just mentioned. Its all an act.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      This is a big shift in opinion for you Buktop - extremely late, but better late than never. However, I notice you havn't taken this line up on Maknews yet. Until yesterday, you were still arguing that there was no alternative with your buddy MVB...
      I was not arguing about EU, I was arguing about the alternatives to withdrawing from international agreements, and preventing the negative externalities associated with telling Greece, the EU, and NATO to go fuck themselves.

What you don't seem to understand is that whether or not we tell them all to go fuck themselves, 60% of Macedonia's Oil/Gas supply comes through Greece, and up to 80% of Macedonia's exports travel through Greece via Solun. Crippling numbers that make us vulnerable to political pressure from our southern neighbor... I don't know if you remember the last embargo at all, but it was particularly devastating to the citizens of Macedonia... My primary concern is avoiding these problems so that we may ensure our goals are not met with crippling repercussions. The EU provided an exit strategy, and now, it is no longer relevant. If you haven't noticed by now, my emphasis is on economic stability, and in turn, reducing the relevance of Greece in our affairs. A method to my madness if you will.
      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
      Our long awaited hour will draw near
      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

Buktop love this -

"The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop
          I don't know if you remember the last embargo at all, but it was particularly devastating to the citizens of Macedonia
          Buktop, can you elaborate by citing some examples of this devastation?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
            Buktop love this -

It is a beautiful song, and I couldn't help but include it in my Sig, Glad you enjoyed it

Comment

• Buktop
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Buktop, can you elaborate by citing some examples of this devastation?
              Pages 219-221 are of particular importance. I can also site for you individual economic data recordings of the time if you like.

With the break-up of the former Yugoslavia, an old conflict between Greece and Macedonia has taken on added significance for the international community. The genesis of the conflict is detailed here, as well as the modern-day events that have led many observers to believe that the area is a flashpoint for a major war.

Comment

• Frank
                Banned
                • Mar 2010

5 years ago I was the only Internet Warrior pleding no to EU membership I have NEVER supported it

for christ sakes the EU is hardly a democray the EU parliament meet a mere 3 times a year just how is the EU a pillar of Democracy

This all is so easy say NO to the EU what a great advertising slogan that would be

How easy would it be to print some placards and street walk the next time you holiday in Makedonia how about Australians doing that i wish i could

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

The EU offered certain potential benefits that outweighed the negatives (depending on what your views are) The scales have tipped in my opinion, and are no longer in favor of European integration, though I still maintain my views that we must find alternative sources of diversification in terms of trade and energy, as well as political support.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                    • Apr 2010

Our people are crying out time for the Gov't to listen. The grass isn't greener on the EU side
                    Makedoncite se borat
                    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                    - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Buktop,

The embargo was one-sided. What do you think would have happened if the Gligorov government showed some sense and blocked our side of the border? Macedonians were not allowed to cross, yet Greek firms travelled freely. What kind of an idiotic reaction was that from the Macedonian side? How long do you think the embargo would have lasted had our side closed the border as well?

You claim the embargo was devastating? It was 18 months - get over it. Everyone cries about wanting to make life 'easier'. How about some sacrifice? How about some hard work? How about fulfilling our responsibilities (yes freedom demands responsibility not just rights) rather than just banging on about how "devastating" an embargo would be?
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                        Why would Albanians do anything to join the EU? Entering the EU wouldn't mean that Macedonia is safekeeping its borders and its interests, thus destroying any dream of theirs for Great Albania?
                        Wether or not the shiptars in macedonia want to join the EU is questionable, however they and their leaders such as Mendu Thaci and Ali Ahmeti use the lack of progress of joining the EU as a excuse in starting more conflict in macedonia.

The shiptars are the dogs of war for the yanks and europe, and when they want to squeeze macedonia's balls and push them into changing its name they get the albanian dogs angry and barking that they "want" to get into the EU otherwise there will be "war", to scare the macedonians....

Comment

• Frank
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2010

Our people are crying out time for the Gov't to listen.
                          It is now is time for mass rallys not to wait for a referendam each time our Nieghbours ask a question or demand from us

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

PM Gruevski: We invest maximum efforts for EU accession, citizens should not be underestimated

Skopje, 28 May 2010 (MIA) - Certain structures within the EU should not have wrong feelings whether we sincerely aspire for EU accession, since we do this to the maximum and there should be doubts, said Friday Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski, adding the opinion of Macedonian citizens regarding the name issue should not be underestimated.

PM Gruevski commented on yesterday's warning by Macedonian Rapporteur, MEP Zoran Thaler there was an emerging feeling in Brussels that "maybe Macedonia does not see any interest in EU accession, but this is a facade for some other interests".

"If such feelings are truly emerging, I believe they are wrong. Thaler also questioned our efforts. We are investing maximum efforts and there should be no doubts in this regard", added Gruevski.

Following the "Dnevnik" survey over the resistance by majority of respondents for continuation of the name talks, as well as the messages by EU ambassador Erwan Fouere and Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fuele that the Government should work more on explaining all aspects of the name issue, PM Gruevski urged that positions of Macedonian citizens are not underestimated.

"I heard this resistance is credited to the Government, i.e. VMRO-DPMNE. I would say that citizens should not be underestimated, because they do not easily succumb to what one or two people say", he assessed.

Asked about the name issue, the PM said it was not a problem created yesterday or in the past four years.

"This is a 20-year-long issue and Macedonian citizens are well acquainted with its segments and details. The citizens' opinion has not been built in the past three years, so they should not be underestimated by saying 'the government said this and you should think in this way'. This is underestimation", underlined PM Gruevski.

Certain structures within the EU should not have wrong feelings whether we sincerely aspire for EU accession, since we do this to the maximum and there should be doubts, said Friday Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski,

So if the Government decides on entering EU, they will be labeled by there own people as Evil and Traitors for doing so.

Now that there a signs of anti EU and Macedonians have had a gut full of 20years of European dictatorship, These foriegn dogs such as MEP Zoran Thaler, Erwan Fouere, Stefan Fuele etc etc will blame the government.

Its not a tough call, i know who i would please.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                              • Sep 2008

theres no other option for vmro or any other party.
                              the slavedriver commands and we have to implement, otherwise we are "history"

but if u ask me, better to die as macedonians as to exist as something like "north-macedonians" or similar.
                              1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                              2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                                • Nov 2009

They expect us to just forget about our name and our identity, and for what? to join a social club? no no no, its time for the Macedonian Government to listen to its people on what they want.
                                We are Macedonians our nation is Macedonia.

Comment

Working...
                                X