X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indigen
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
    Skopje, Macedonia (CNN) -- Macedonia's prime minister has said the country is seeking a compromise with Greece over the long-standing name dispute between both countries.

In an interview with CNN, Nikola Gruevski said he was trying to reach a solution with Greece over the issue so his country could gain membership into the European Union.
    IME, it seems clear they (Gruevski & Co) are willing to accept a name change (e.g. "Northern" Prefix) for international use without changing the Constitution and allowing for domestic use of the name "Republika Makedonija" and this is why the "Constitutional Name" terminology is widely propagated since Gligorov and his SDSM cronies sold us out in 1993. Greece is quite willing to accept the use of the "Constitutional Name" for domestic consumption and the only contentious point for Grujo and Co is the designation for Macedonian identity for international use. We saw where Frchko and Co want to go with our identity and Grujo at present is not ready to go that far.

He told CNN: "We said to Greece, 'We want to make a compromise. We want to find solutions,' so we can become a member of NATO and the EU. Compromise means both sides make moves, not just one side to make concessions and the other side to have a victory."
    He is saying we will accept a name change but we want to keep our identity, which is an OXYMORON because a change of name for the state will automatically change our identity.

Macedonia has been at loggerheads over its name for 17 years with Greece, which blocked its entry to NATO in 2008 over the dispute.
    This is self-inflicted (to the extent that we have been unable to break the chains of servitude imposed on Macedonians via the tools of oppression inherent in the instruments of state institutions and media monopoly that have always been under VASSAL control subservient to foreign interests!) because we have allowed VASSALS serving non-Macedonian interests to lead the country and to consistently betray our Macedonian national interests.

Greece claims that the name "Macedonia" implies territorial ambitions on the Greek province of the same name. Macedonia denies it. The two countries have taken their dispute to the International Court of Justice.
    Here was another good chance lost to clear up this old misconception about the MYTHICAL "Greek Province of Macedonia"!

CNN: What would it mean for Macedonia to be part of the European Union and NATO?

NG: Politically, for us, it's very important to be a member of the EU and NATO. More than 90 percent of the citizens would like to see Macedonia in NATO and the EU.

In the meantime we're trying to work with Greece to find some solution for the problem.
    He did not answer the question and only lamely says that 90% of Macedonians want to join these flawed anti-Macedonian institutions. And he also does not mention that the vast majority of Macedonians would not like to join at the expense of name change and losing their identity in the process!

CNN: What exactly is Greece saying?

NG: Greece wants our name to be changed, the new name to be given by them. They have a few names that they prefer, and they're asking us to accept these names.
    And Gruevski is offering a compromise and GIVING VALIDITY to these CRIMINAL NEGOTIATIONS when he should be saying that it is OUTRAGEOUS to be asking Macedonia to sell-out its sovereignty (or what little is left of it!).

CNN: And one of them is Northern Macedonia?

NG: Yes. And a second thing, which is very unreasonable, they want to change the identity of the citizens. That's very difficult to explain, but they want the government to accept and to explain to the citizens, that our language and nationality, in the future will not be Macedonian, but will be something else.
    As above, Gruevski and Co will accept the name for international use but at present they don't want to change our identity, which Greece wants to do. The many bugaromani in DPMNE no doubt will be glad to change our identity, and they have been working hard to graft a Turko-Mongol one for years, but keeping government power prevents them from doing so at present.

We said to Greece, 'We want to make a compromise. We want to find solutions,' so we become a member of NATO, member of the EU.Compromise means both sides make moves, not just one side to make concessions and the other side to have a victory.
    As above, willing to change the state name but not identity!

Fortunately....Greece....our citizens are regularly going there for tourism.
    Idiots are Macedonians who pump money into the economy of our mortal enemies!
    CNN: People think of Alexander the Great as coming from Macedonia. What is at the heart of being Macedonian?

NG: Alexander the Great's empire was 2,300 years ago. The empire was very big and had different parts. And today these places are many countries, so I think he's a person who belongs to the world, not to Greece or Macedonia or India. So, we don't like to monopolize history. Unfortunately the other side is insisting on monopolizing the history. They are saying, "This is just our history."
    What a WANKER Gruevski is! He completely misses a grand opportunity to state clearly what is the essence of the Macedonian identity - "what is at the heart of being Macedonian", the question he is actually asked, and RAMBLES on about Alexander belonging to the WORLD and that Macedonians should not monopolise his heritage.

Gruevski - "patriot" (ipol)
    Last edited by indigen; 05-12-2010, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Indigen
      He is saying we will accept a name change but we want to keep our identity, which is an OXYMORON because a change of name for the state will automatically change our identity.
      This should go without saying, but unfortunately we sometimes need to spell it out for the benefit of those cursed with blind faith.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• indigen
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        Gruevski supporters seem to be like the old Georgievski supporters, it won't hit them until he actually gets a Bulgarian passport AND supports the transfer of territory to Albania AND suggests a new name.
        I fully agree! If one digs a little deeper and sees how Gruevski emerged in the ranks of DPMNE, they will see a very close accomplice of Lupcho (LjuBcho) Georgiveski who never publicly challenged any of his many anti-Macedonian deeds.

The Master (L. Georgievski) and His Apprentice (Nikola Gruevski, his chosen successor)
        Last edited by indigen; 05-12-2010, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Makedonetz
          • Apr 2010

Its sad from what im reading he is is passive, hes trying to negotiate but at the same time scratching greece's back to make sure he doesnt upset them as it sounds like greece holds the decision to allow us into the UN & EU. He needs to be more aggressive!, i bet Delchev, sandalski and our other for fathers are rolling in their graves
          Makedoncite se borat
          za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
          - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

I am a Gruevski suporter. He has embaressed me.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

He had an ample opportunity to set the record straight but failed to do so. He will sell our name to the highest bidder it seems.
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                • Nov 2009

I am a supporter of Nikola Gruevski i am a supporter of him wanting to keep the nationality and the language as Macedonian but i am not a supporter of him willing to negotiate with Greece a name change, that is unacceptable.
                He should of said "no name change, our country will remain Macedonia" simple as that.

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

I have been impartial, waiting for hime to do something , especially in regard to the embarrassing silence from RoM in issues within Pirin, and it has upset me that a referendum has been called, something I cant understand.

I dont know if its fear from Greece and business interests, but to even bother negotiating our name pisses me off

How hard is it to say fark off to the EU, cant they see that being part of that financial disaster would mean RoM would be bailing out Greece as well now?

Am curious and watching what his strategy is

I was hopeful being younger, he would be more down to earth and stronger in his stance, and that has been a major disappointment to me watching events unfold .

RoM has lacked leadership in government that is open and accountable and transparent, and one that has ALL of Macedonians best interests at heart

Wait and see.....
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• DIMO
                    • Apr 2010

i wonder if gruevski realises that if he negotiates our sveto ime Makedonija that he will go down in history as one of the biggest predavnik
                    OBEDINETA MAKEDONIJA

Comment

• Jankovska
                      • Sep 2008

I branded him a traitor to the country and people long time ago and I remember most trying to shoot me. I am not going to say I told you so, it doesn't help anyone. I am very glad that people started reading between the lines and realised what he is and what he stands for. He has made life of the every day Macedonian harder and on international issues has not just spoken about 'compromise' but has kep quiet about MANY MANY issues concerning our name, Egej, Pirin and all Macedonians in the Diaspora. I can bet that he will make a deal. He is playing a very clever game of making every Macedonian believe their ONLY chance is the EU. The harder you press them the pinkier that side looks. I hope people wake up before it's too late.

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

being famous for being infamous in this case is treason if that is the strategy to negotiate out identity
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Time will soon tell guys, but if he sells out, he will be forever known as one of Macedonia's biggest traitors, and certainly the biggest traitor to all Macedonians in the 21st century.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

SOM, So what happens if he turns out to be our biggest patriot? You keep saying how he will sell us out yet you are not convinced that he'll do the right thing.

Nikola Gruevski is the reason why VMRO is winning by such large margains in the last two elections and the opinion polls are through the roof. It was Nikola Gruevski who rooted out the bad jabuki from VMRO, It was Nikola Gruevski who kicked out Ljubco Georgievski from the VMRO party, it was Nikola Gruevski who exposed Sestra Ljube to the public now all of the sudden he is a traitor? Unlike Gruevski he doesnt go out and give fake patriotic talk he doesnt lie to our people about what he is going to do and say stupid things just to make our people feel good for a few minutes, who can forget Ljubco's speech when he said he will go down with a white horse and put up a Macedonian flag on Beas Kule.

Jankovska, You are not right because Gruevski has never sold us out dont say something that you might regret saying later on.
                            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet
                              You keep saying how he will sell us out....
                              I keep saying IF he sells us out, he will be a traitor. And he will be, there's no disputing that. Even if he is the best PM so far, which I agree with, it will mean nothing IF he sells us out. Notice the key word Prolet?

Gruevski's actions as of late have been less than impressive, and he needs to shape up, ASAP.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

He has pretty much already sold us out in my opinion. We are being softened up for a situation where our name will change but our identity and language will be retained. Which is utterly ridiculous. But Macedonians are used to this logic .... being stupid "victims" and all that.

Macedonians outside of the Republic will forever remember the day you sell us out Gruevski. Stash your EU money somewhere safe for your family because I fear you won't have a chance to spend any of it.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X