X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
    Tom, the only way anything will change in Macedonia is if .. big if, the Macedonian citizens take action not anyone living in diaspora countries.
    MK, I agree (though the diaspora has a role to play - ideological leadership). Part of that action is rejecting Gruevski's BS and replacing it with somthing else.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      MK, I agree (though the diaspora has a role to play - ideological leadership). Part of that action is rejecting Gruevski's BS and replacing it with somthing else.
      Our, role is more important then those living in Macedonia who for the most part could care less unless money is involved. Not, sure how many (tons) Macedonians from ROM have stated to me via Facebook .. ne se interesirame (sp) vo politica.

Folks, I'm not making this stuff up as we go along .. the truth?

Optimize the customer journey with Emplifi's customer engagement platform and social media marketing, commerce, and care solutions.

Idea, maybe if Facebook was banned in Macedonia we wouldn't have anymore issues and the citizens would then take more of an interest?
      Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-26-2011, 10:57 PM.
      http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

MK, do you have any suggestions on how to get Macedonians in Macedonia caring more?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          MK, do you have any suggestions on how to get Macedonians in Macedonia caring more?
          Well, one of the biggest problems is the non Macedonians who are funded illegally to cause some problems ie. drugs. $ matters. How, much illegal activity goes on daily? TONS!

NOTE

In both cases, Macedonia and Greece the real passion comes from outside the borders .. why?
          Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-26-2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

In many cases it is the diaspora holding up the candle of patriotism, and this isn't limited to the Balkans either. One only needs to take a look at the Sikh and Tamil communities in Toronto and how they supported their respective causes from abroad, even while some of their own people were buckling under pressure back at home. There are many other examples. At the end of the day, we all know (or should know) the problems we are facing, but how do we convince Macedonians back home to change their perception and take a stand for their rights? That is the question I am asking.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
              • Aug 2010

In many cases it is the diaspora holding up the candle of patriotism, and this isn't limited to the Balkans either. One only needs to take a look at the Sikh and Tamil communities in Toronto and how they supported their respective causes from abroad, even while some of their own people were buckling under pressure back at home. There are many other examples. At the end of the day, we all know (or should know) the problems we are facing, but how do we convince Macedonians back home to change their perception and take a stand for their rights? That is the question I am asking.
              Well, how about if people list their idea's and I don't mean you and I because many read them and you never know.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Julie created a thread for that purpose:

The Macedonian Cause as defined by the MTO The empowerment of Macedonians to undertake a moral revolution and to instil and/or reinvigorate within themselves a deep-rooted national, cultural, linguistic and historical dignity; empowerment Wikipedia - Empowerment refers to increasing the spiritual, political, social, or

Have a read and see if there is anything you can add to it. In my opinion, until we can establish contact with a local group from Macedonia that is ideologically sound and principled, and who are prepared to undertake the task of raising awareness among the masses, our achievements will remain limited.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Julie created a thread for that purpose:

The Macedonian Cause as defined by the MTO The empowerment of Macedonians to undertake a moral revolution and to instil and/or reinvigorate within themselves a deep-rooted national, cultural, linguistic and historical dignity; empowerment Wikipedia - Empowerment refers to increasing the spiritual, political, social, or

Have a read and see if there is anything you can add to it. In my opinion, until we can establish contact with a local group from Macedonia that is ideologically sound and principled, and who are prepared to undertake the task of raising awareness among the masses, our achievements will remain limited.
                  I agree, and on a side note I'm sure you're no different when it comes to people requesting assistance 24/7 ie. money, support etc. without willing to give anything in return when you ask them - one way street and the same applies when it comes to forum suggestions or polls.

EXAMPLE

Alex, my cousin is getting married this Sunday any chance you can burn 4 CD's? Spase, do you not have a CD burner? Yes, I have 3
                  computers Alex.
                  Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-26-2011, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

They should be doing it for the Macedonian Cause and not financial incentive. Most of us here have family, jobs, obligations, etc that take up a significant part of our lives. Yet, none of us are getting paid for what we're doing here, or for the countless hours we've spent over the years on researching, writing, raising awareness, etc. It's easy being simply Macedonian, it isn't easy be a Macedonian activist. People must be prepared to sacrifice something in their own way to further the Macedonian Cause.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                      • Aug 2010

They should be doing it for the Macedonian Cause and not financial incentive. Most of us here have family, jobs, obligations, etc that take up a significant part of our lives. Yet, none of us are getting paid for what we're doing here, or for the countless hours we've spent over the years on researching, writing, raising awareness, etc. It's easy being simply Macedonian, it isn't easy be a Macedonian activist. People must be prepared to sacrifice something in their own way to further the Macedonian Cause.
                      Sadly, we both know there are not many of those folks out there or we wouldn't be behind the eight ball.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

mk the name issue is clear cut either we are macedonians or were not.either we comprimise & capitulate on the name or we do not.There is a lot of things the priminister can stand up for & it's called the macedonian cause & part of that is surrendering sovereignity to the greeks.Not only that all our hopes were dashed when we found gruevski was really negotiating our identity.Gruevski has failed miserably at his job where he is a traitor to the cause there are no two ways out of it you either for the cause or anti macedonian.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          mk the name issue is clear cut either we are macedonians or were not.either we comprimise & capitulate on the name or we do not.There is a lot of things the priminister can stand up for & it's called the macedonian cause & part of that is surrendering sovereignity to the greeks.Not only that all our hopes were dashed when we found gruevski was really negotiating our identity.Gruevski has failed miserably at his job where he is a traitor to the cause there are no two ways out of it you either for the cause or anti macedonian.
                          Which, leader today do you think would deliver the speech you're seeking? Saying, no one wont cut it .. Crvenkovski? Obama?
                          Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-27-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Which, leader today do you think would deliver the speech you're seeking? Saying, no one wont cut it .. Crvenkovski?
                            In Macedonia at the moment, noone.
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              In Macedonia at the moment, noone.
                              Next speaker is the PM of the Republic of Macedonia. Mr. Chairman we would like to pass? Tom, you can't find anything positive? I, would love to hear some positives if possible?

Q. Should, the citizens of Macedonia do the same as seen in Greece ie. set cars of fire, property damage, daily strikes? Caution, before anyone quickly says "yes" keep in mind you have no guarantees anything will change.
                              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-27-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Next speaker is the PM of the Republic of Macedonia. Mr. Chairman we would like to pass? Tom, you can't find anything positive?
                                MK, its not about finding something positive. Its about taking a principled stand for the cause. What's with all this positivism lately? Sure, Macedonia has wonderful natural bueaty, great food and fine beers. But ideologically, its a nutcase.

You seem to be ping-ponging the last couple of days. Whats up?

Comment

Working...
                                X