X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
    Well if the article happens to be true, AMHRC didn't achieve anything did they? They boasted of taking him to court and what? So they are in the same boat as MP_MK and anyone else who tried to help prosecute Rann...

I want more evidence, I want to see the full decision from the judge. Quite frankly I don't believe the newspapers, but if this is true, then you have no right to even talk about the situation because you did jack shit to rectify it.
    Buktop,

You were questioning BBS on what he had done. I explained to you that we have a well-respected organisation to handle these matters on our behalf. This organisation, the AMHRC, is widely supported by Australian Macedonians.

I'm now asking you what your mates MP and Meto (whom you blindly defend) achieved with all their grandstanding?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

What is a BBS? In my mind BBS stands for 'Bulletin-board-system' (the old school word for an internet forum) and I can't shake that acronym.

So what's a BBS?

[Edit: Never mind. I figured it out. Sorry Sven - momentary lapse of concentration]
      Last edited by Rogi; 06-29-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        The AMHRC are managing the situation and I am sure when they're ready they will advise us of any developments. I don't believe a word of this article until it is confirmed 100%.

What does that have to do with your tirade against BBS? Nothing. You entered this discussion to defend the UMD, that's your sole purpose. And it's pathetic.
        He was the one making a bullshit accusation against MP_MK not UMD... MP made an effort to confront the situation, and as has already been established the communities in Adelaide didn't want to deal with it. So who is at fault?

I did not mention UMD, nor was I addressing any post in relation to UMD. You have become infatuated with UMD and all arguments concerning them, and it is clouding your judgment.
        "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
        though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
        Our long awaited hour will draw near
        and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

This entire debacle reads an awful lot like Rann and his people attempting to prejudice the case via the media and wreaks of downright disrespect for the Australian judicial processes on the part of the barely-elected South Australian Premier.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

BBS mentioned Meto, don't play your stupid selective games here again. You're an UMD apologist and the mere mention of them prompts a response out of you. The infatuation is ALL yours, this pathetic, apologetic and submissive attitude that you and your few cohorts have acquired after a few drinks with Meto and his ladies. As for MP_MK, pfft, give me a break.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Until further corroboration I will treat this article for what it is, garbage.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                Buktop,

You were questioning BBS on what he had done. I explained to you that we have a well-respected organisation to handle these matters on our behalf. This organisation, the AMHRC, is widely supported by Australian Macedonians.

I'm now asking you what your mates MP and Meto (whom you blindly defend) achieved with all their grandstanding?
                So you all sit back and relax while someone else does the work for you right?

But a few months back when I asked who was looking out for this Rann issue, everyone jumped on me saying that "they can't be everywhere at once" "they aren't located in Adelaide" well which is it Vangelovski? Can they be your all encompassing saviors or do you occasionally have to do your own work?

It is very convenient to attack Meto and MP_MK especially considering we know the circumstances in Adelaide, but who in Australia would work with UMD? If UMD had extended a helping hand, who would have received it?

And since you have the capable AMHRC on the case, should this article be true and this case be dismissed, what then? Wouldn't that place them in the same boat as those current disenfranchised activists that everyone on this forum vilified for no good reason?

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

BBS mentioned Meto, don't play your stupid selective games here again. You're an UMD apologist and the mere mention of them prompts a response out of you. The infatuation is ALL yours, this pathetic, apologetic and submissive attitude that you and your few cohorts have acquired after a few drinks with Meto and his ladies. As for MP_MK, pfft, give me a break.
                  And you are blindly ignoring what is right in front of you my friend. I don't give a rat's arse if you like UMD, I am pissed that this case against Rann fell through, and this is why I responded, not to defend UMD or anything of the sort. If you look at my initial post it had nothing to do with UMD. You need to take your blinkers off.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

You responded to defend MP and Meto (which by extension is the UMD), if BBS never mentioned them, you wouldn't be in this thread, so stop pretending to give a shit.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Are trying to build up an anti-AMHRC campaign now, like some little weazel?

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

Can we move past the increasing amount of useless bullshit in this thread and go back to Risto's post, and follow his lead on this?

The article is false and it seems quite deliberate. It appears to be an attempt at influencing the decision of the Australian Human Rights Commission.

Comment

• Buktop
                          • Oct 2009

Are trying to build up an anti-AMHRC campaign now, like some little weazel?
                          Not at all, if you read my other posts you would see me calling for further corroboration as well if this case is not corroborated then I will withdraw my accusations. My point being, BBS made a claim against MP_MK about him not doing anything in the Rann case, and I am now saying, without a conviction, AMHRC is in the same boat. We cannot pick favorites here, the facts are the facts.

Comment

• Buktop
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            In the interim gentlemen, I have written to the Australian Human Rights Commission seeking clarification on the matter. I urge all Macedonian Australians to do the same.

[email protected]
                            Hello, I noticed this online article today:

"SOUTH Australian Premier Mike Rann has been cleared of racially vilifying the people of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

The Human Rights Commission found Mr Rann had no case to answer for claiming the Macedonian state was stealing Greek history and culture, an accusation the Premier made in a speech at a Greek festival in Adelaide last year. In the speech, Mr Rann also accused Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov of "stirring up trouble in a most dangerous way" with Greece.

The comments sparked a complaint to the HRC by South Australia's Macedonian community but judge Catherine Branson ruled it to be "lacking in substance".

Mr Rann said he abhorred racism and his criticisms were directed at the policies of the Ivanov government, not Macedonians.

"I stand on my record of racial and ethnic tolerance. I will not be intimidated by anyone from speaking forthrightly on behalf of historical truth," Mr Rann said."

It suggests a decision has been made by the Australian Human Rights Commission in relation to Premier Rann's attacks on the Macedonian communities of Australia.

Has a ruling or judgement indeed been issued by the AHRC and is it available for public review? If no ruling has been issued, how can such public statements be made by the Premier?
                            I am really interested if you hear back from them, please post the reply.

Comment

• AMHRC
                              De-registered
                              • Sep 2009

This will be the final time that we comment on this issue as it is not meant to be something that is conducted within the public realm.

It is unlikely the Commission will respond in public as they are not even permitted to comment on whether a complaint has been lodged. They may decide to confirm that no decision has been made, for the benefit of the public; though even that is doubtful.

However, we can confirm that the Commission has not made a decision and that therefore the article in The Australian is incorrect.

Regards,

AMHRC.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                                So you all sit back and relax while someone else does the work for you right?

But a few months back when I asked who was looking out for this Rann issue, everyone jumped on me saying that "they can't be everywhere at once" "they aren't located in Adelaide" well which is it Vangelovski? Can they be your all encompassing saviors or do you occasionally have to do your own work?

It is very convenient to attack Meto and MP_MK especially considering we know the circumstances in Adelaide, but who in Australia would work with UMD? If UMD had extended a helping hand, who would have received it?

And since you have the capable AMHRC on the case, should this article be true and this case be dismissed, what then? Wouldn't that place them in the same boat as those current disenfranchised activists that everyone on this forum vilified for no good reason?
                                Buktop,

Tell us what Meto achieved in this matter, other than trying to gain some "street credibility"?
                                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X