Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

I can think of some really apt descriptive words for the cretin, but will cause my PC to melt down. I am hoping this opens the eyes of the South Australian Macedonians - vote labor and you agree, Vote for the Greens and the vote goes to labor, and the SA liberal government is on the same path, wake up SA Macos.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Silver
      • Sep 2009

I hope I don't affend any of our Aussie friends out there but as a casual observer there seems to be a bit of a democratic deficit going on in Australia. Is there no centre-right choice for the people?

It seems the only parties to recognize the Republic of Macedonia under it's god given name are the centre-right parties ie Bush & Harper (Canada). I'm not trying to imply a political tendancy however, it appears that they are the only ones who are free from pandering to the rascist 'Greek' lobbies since they only vote one way.

Food for thought...

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by maslinka View Post
        OK BT, what about the UMD's visionary alliance with the MPO? I suppose you'll accomodate them the benefit of the doubt on that front too? Hmmm let's just stand around and not mention the two big fat white elephants in the room. Intention to do the right thing is one thing entirely, but cocking up 2 of the most important issues to Macedonians is just fucking stupid.

Or... purposely.

Neshto a gnilo vo celava rabota, pocnuva da smrdit da korne.
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• sf.
          • Jan 2010

Recognition of Macedonia has nothing to do with the political spectrum. Since about the mid-90s, the whole Australian political scene has shifted to the right. We talk about the Greek's entrenchment within the ALP political machine. But, we had a Liberal (you read conservative- this is Australia and things are upside down) Government in power, and they didn't recognise us under RoM. So again, Macedonia's non-recognition has nothing to do with this.
          Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

It's no secret Silver, Australian politicians have proven themselves to be spineless hypocrites where it concerns their Macedonian community.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Did you find it funny when only a few weeks ago in Adelaide Meto justified his advocacy for the 'democratic' prefix? Do you find it funny that this is the President of the UMD? Do you find the terms "we" and "our" funny given their pluralistic and all-inclusive nature? I don't find any of it funny, I find it disturbing.
              Meto stated how he came about supporting the prefix, he also stated that he "NO LONGER" supports a name change. Are you purposely ignoring my questions? Or can you not answer them? The terms "we" and "our" are clearly irrelevant given the fact that outside of the ZMR interview UMD has clearly not adopted this policy.

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon
              The UMD advocated a name change, is that a pro-Macedonian or anti-Macedonian act? Answer the question, Buktop. You try and justify Meto's behaviour during this period. We are past matters of opinion, the facts are obvious.
              I am not trying to justify anything, I don't support the Democratic prefix, so your resentment towards me is unwarranted.

I will ask you again, did the UMD, in it's entirety, change any policy in support or adoption of the Democratic prefix? Do you see any mention of their support for the Democratic prefix outside of the ZMR interview?
              Last edited by Buktop; 02-23-2010, 10:14 PM.
              "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
              though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
              Our long awaited hour will draw near
              and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by maslinka View Post
                OK BT, what about the UMD's visionary alliance with the MPO? I suppose you'll accomodate them the benefit of the doubt on that front too? Hmmm let's just stand around and not mention the two big fat white elephants in the room. Intention to do the right thing is one thing entirely, but cocking up 2 of the most important issues to Macedonians is just fucking stupid.
                Like I have mentioned previously, I personally have little knowledge of the MPO because they are primarily centered in the Mid-West i.e. Indiana, Toronto. From what I have read they are mostly pro-Bulgaria with a Macedonian member base, I can see there was a good intention but it wasn't handled correctly. UMD did fuck up by involving MPO.

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

MP_MK
                  Any progress to report, or a summary report perhaps?
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop
                    Do you see any mention of their support for the Democratic prefix outside of the ZMR interview?
                    Same story, again and again. His justification in Adelaide doesn't bother you? Of course not, your colours are by now quite obvious. Your shameless defence of this shameful act is a disgrace. Do you think your efforts at confining this treacherous suggestion to a mere instance is working? You are only making yourself look like an even bigger apologist.
                    UMD did fuck up by involving MPO
                    Come now, don't be so upset, I am sure you are already developing your excuses for this also.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Same story, again and again. His justification in Adelaide doesn't bother you? Of course not, your colours are by now quite obvious. Your shameless defence of this shameful act is a disgrace. Do you think your efforts at confining this treacherous suggestion to a mere instance is working? You are only making yourself look like an even bigger apologist.
                      SoM, what are you talking about? He no longer supports a name change, he stated it was a personal opinion, he said he made a mistake, what the hell else do you want him to say? I don't think you quite understand what was said in Adelaide, perhaps you should have made an attempt to speak with Meto, you wouldn't be acting this way if you had.

Shameless defense of what exactly? All I said was I support UMD and you came at me with this anti-Macedonian crap. I never said that I supported a Democratic prefix and had the UMD actually shifted policy in favor of the prefix, my tone would be different.

One more time, did the UMD, in it's entirety, change any policy in support or adoption of the Democratic prefix? Do you see any mention of their support for the Democratic prefix outside of the ZMR interview?

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon
                      Come now, don't be so upset, I am sure you are already developing your excuses for this also.
                      what excuses? I already stated my opinion, if you are looking for an argument look somewhere else because I will not make the same mistake and waste my time again.
                      Last edited by Buktop; 02-23-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                        Meto stated how he came about supporting the prefix, he also stated that he "NO LONGER" supports a name change. Are you purposely ignoring my questions? Or can you not answer them? The terms "we" and "our" are clearly irrelevant given the fact that outside of the ZMR interview UMD has clearly not adopted this policy.

I am not trying to justify anything, I don't support the Democratic prefix, so your resentment towards me is unwarranted.

I will ask you again, did the UMD, in it's entirety, change any policy in support or adoption of the Democratic prefix? Do you see any mention of their support for the Democratic prefix outside of the ZMR interview?
                        What Meto actually said when he was calling for a name change, was that he was expressing his own personal opinion, and not the opinion of UMD. This is of course a carefully crafted deflection and damage control on the part of UMD, because in several statements it is clear to all that he was speaking in his capacity as President of UMD.

Comment

• Buktop
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                          What Meto actually said when he was calling for a name change, was that he was expressing his own personal opinion, and not the opinion of UMD. This is of course a carefully crafted deflection and damage control on the part of UMD, because in several statements it is clear to all that he was speaking in his capacity as President of UMD.
                          Did the UMD, in it's entirety, change any policy in support or adoption of the Democratic prefix? Do you see any mention of their support for the Democratic prefix outside of the ZMR interview?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

I saw it in my interview. Did you not see it then?
                            It would have been a perfect opportunity to simply say ... "I was wrong. I have changed my mind. Forgive my youthful ignorance"

... Instead of "But ... you know ... it is better than FYROM ... and we know that it is a democratic country ... etc"
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop
                              he said he made a mistake
                              Where? When? Can you refer me to a quote?
                              Do you see any mention of their support for the Democratic prefix outside of the ZMR interview?
                              I saw his justification in the Adelaide meeting. You only see what Meto has written for you. It's amazing how you have allowed him to dumb you down to this level of apologism.

I guess it says something about your character, a shameless defender of a most shameful act. They should make you the next UMD President, you'll fit right in.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great
                                It would have been a perfect opportunity to simply say ... "I was wrong. I have changed my mind. Forgive my youthful ignorance"

... Instead of "But ... you know ... it is better than FYROM ... and we know that it is a democratic country ... etc"
                                Of course he saw it, but it means nothing ko ke se prai sam budala choeko.

Comment

Working...
                                X