X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonin
    • Sep 2008

Good one RtG
    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• JasonBoris
      Banned
      • Sep 2009

From your educated, smart, thought inspiring answers, its clear that you live in a galaxy faaar faaar away...

Here, I have a song for you all:
      YouTube - the muppets show intro

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JasonBoris View Post
        From your educated, smart, thought inspiring answers, its clear that you live in a galaxy faaar faaar away...

Here, I have a song for you all:
        YouTube - the muppets show intro
        Quite the joker I see, so you think your compatriots are very sober people in regards to the Macedonian minority in Greece and the naming of the Macedonian Republic?
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• JasonBoris
          Banned
          • Sep 2009

I despise nationalism, and there is quite a bit of it on both sides!

Gruevsky and UMD are the champions hands down though..

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

I despise nationalism, and there is quite a bit of it on both sides!

Gruevsky and UMD are the champions hands down though..
            So how does a free thinker of your caliber cope to live in Greece, one of the most nationalistic nations in the EU?

Are you an Anarchist maybe?
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Coolski
              • Sep 2008

If you have encompassed Hellenism in your way of life, your way of thought, than yes,
              you can be called a Hellene, or an advocate of Hellenism.
              No distinction is needed, be you a Slav, an Egyptian, or an American.
              Hellenism knows no such borders.
              The definition of Hellenism which you have chosen to follow implies that Hellenism is a state of mind.

Why then, would you have BORDERS encompasing that which is called the "Hellenic Republic" and then call everybody in those borders, Hellenic? If it is a state of mind, how can a baby or child be called a Hellene?

If it is irrespective of which race you belong to, what does the term "Greek by genus" mean with respect to modern Greece's official policies (eg. land rights and refugees re entering Greece)?

You see Boris, this is one of the many contradictions of modern Greeks. This state has been created out of the Orthodox Christian opponents of the Muslim Ottoman empire, and this idea of Hellenism has been pushed on the population mainly by the romanticised western scholars which just discovered ancient Greece.

This has turned into a nation of people that call themselves 'Hellens', not by ideology and mind-frame, but by birth and citizenship. That is not Hellenic at all is it?

The contradiction goes one step further.

Those who do equate "Hellenic" simply with citizenship and the so called "greek genus", will one day (through the "hellenic" school system) learn the philosophical definition of "Hellene" which you posted above. Do you know what they think after reading this?

"Ok, so being a Hellene makes you a super intelligent, philosophical, progressive person, and I belong to a RACE of Hellenes, from the Hellenic Republic.." Do you know what that means? These "Hellenes" think to themselves "I'm part of a super race and i'm superior to everyone." And you know what? That's exactly how they think.

That's not very Hellenic is it? It's more on the Nazi side. The modern meaning of Hellene is in fact the antonym the definition which you provided. As much as you'd like to discuss it in its purest definition, reality must set in and you must realise what kind of monster has been created.
              Last edited by Coolski; 11-26-2009, 07:03 PM.
              - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
              - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• JasonBoris
                Banned
                • Sep 2009

I have lived in 3 countries, including the US and England besides Greece.

I assure you that the great majority of people in Greece are not nationalists.
                (LAOS, the most ''serious'' Nationalist party, with the most 'stubborn' agenda on national positions,
                took 5% on the last elections)
                Politics are not based on nationalism in Greece. Governments are not elected or fall because of national issues.
                The last stroke of nationalism was the Big Idea, which is long dead now.
                Then again, when the Big Idea was about, nations all over the world were constantly fighting for borders and lands.

Greeks are patriots. A people that have suffered a lot through the ages.
                Displaced, conquered ets. We lost almost everything when the Ottomans ruled over us.. They have been our 'curse' if you like.
                A curse to every nation that missed the renaissance while under its rule.

Should I also mention the blood spilled in Smyrne for a more recent example of suffering?

I have a lot of Turkish friends btw, and at least with them, our brutal past does not cloud our skies.. They make better dolma than us.
                I have to admit that.. In the end of the day, its their food like many others.

Further more, in the Greek press, you get a section about the 'Macedonian question' once or twice every 2 weeks. (Talking about the official press, and not independent blogs ets)
                On the other hand, something about the name and identity is almost every day on your official press.
                Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• JasonBoris
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2009

Coolski Ellinas means Greek. There is a difference between Hellenism in the ancient context of the word, or the philosophical term, and the nation Hellas.

And Greeks did not get wiped out! Greeks kept on existing.
                  It is on this base, that the nation Greece, was re established.
                  Albeit, mostly from the ashes..
                  Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Albeit, mostly from the ashes..
                    Ashes mixed in with Albanians, Turks, Macedonians and Vlachs.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• JasonBoris
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Ashes mixed in with Albanians, Turks, Macedonians and Vlachs.
                      You forgot to mention the Greeks..

Most of the people you talk about were up in the North.

Are you Risto Stevov by any chance? Because that would explain
                      your pre-desposed hatred.... (Never seen one positive thing from your mouth or pen towards the Greeks.)

Your opinion, shallow academic expertise, hate inspiring essays and petty irony means nothing to me.

I was having a decent conversation for a change.
                      Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

(Never seen one positive thing from your mouth or pen towards the Greeks.)
                        well here's The pot calling the Kettle Black
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

You forgot to mention the Greeks..
                          Nope, I didn't forget.
                          But happy to oblige you with "Romans" if that helps.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• JasonBoris
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2009

What about the Romans?
                            Unlike you, they respected the Greeks.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Sorry JB, modern Greeks used to be called Romans. Read something one day.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• JasonBoris
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2009

Until I do some reading then, what does that change?

Romios, So what?

Comment

Working...
                                X