X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
    If his post was deleted then it must have been really dangerous.
    Dangerous like all Greeks are former Turks. Earth shattering.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vicsinad
      http://www.novinite.com/articles/173...race+Macedonia

The Macedonian president noted that there is no language barrier between the two countries and not being able to change history and geography, Bulgaria and Macedonia are destined to be neighbours forever.
      I doubt he said there was no language barrier. Is the same reported on any Macedonian news outlet?
      Originally posted by Risto the Great
      There is a language barrier!
      Absolutely. Even though structurally Bulgarian is closest to Macedonian, to suggest that the average Macedonian from Bitola or Lerin could fully understand a rambling Bulgar on TV is ridiculous.
      Originally posted by Amphipolis
      If his post was deleted then it must have been really dangerous.
      Lol, give me a break.
      What did he say? Can you give us a short description of content and style?
      The usual Bulgar rubbish. He started off by saying Macedonians and Bulgarians should be friends, then proceeded to deny the existence of the Macedonians as a people. Similar type of trash that your kinsmen regurgitate from time to time.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        I doubt he said there was no language barrier. Is the same reported on any Macedonian news outlet?
        Here's the youtube video of the specific part.He does actually say that.
        Listen to the part around 0:50 of the video.

Искам България да бъде страната, която най-много подкрепя Македония. Както се казва да прегърне Македония. Ние нямаме езикова бариера.Това заяви в ексклузивн...
        ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
        ― George Orwell

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
          Here's the youtube video of the specific part.He does actually say that.
          Listen to the part around 0:50 of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbiRW_BZGq0
          Thanks Dragan. I don't think he meant that our languages are one in the same but it was a poor choice of words which can (and will) easily be misinterpreted.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Thanks Dragan. I don't think he meant that our languages are one in the same but it was a poor choice of words which can (and will) easily be misinterpreted.
            Yes,he's known not to be very good with words in general
            ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
            ― George Orwell

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
              • Oct 2011

Ivanov's Address - 22/06/2016

Ivanov's Address as reported by MINA

If anyone can find an actual video of the full address please post it below

Ivanov: SPO is blackmailing MPs, SDSM and DUI act on foreign requests to destabilize Macedonia

Wednesday, 22 June 2016

President Gjorge Ivanov delivered Wednesday an address to the nation, saying that the Parliament debate over his impeachment in recent days would serve as testimony over the MPs' treatment of their country and its institutions.

He said that this testimony would give future generations an image of how this generation of politicians understood and practiced politics.

"Pardons by previous presidents did not result in their impeachment. There was no impeachment motion following the imposed interim name of the country, there was no impeachment when the country's flag, constitution and the territorial division were changed. No one was held responsible for the assassination of a former president and the vague circumstances that led to the death of another. Future generations will know these were times when the ones challenging my legitimacy were in power", stressed Ivanov.

He urged SDSM leader Zoran Zaev to submit a formal request for revoking of his 2008 pardon over corruption charges in the construction of a mall in Strumica.

"The leaders of SDSM and DUI destroyed the legal system because the constitutional order was not sufficient for them to sit and reach an agreement. On the contrary, they visited embassies of foreign countries. These two irresponsible political leaders jeopardized the legal system, the sovereignty and independence, contributing to the Przino Agreement, which they do not honor", said Ivanov.

He stressed that the Special Prosecutor's Office (SPO) was established through an ad-hoc decision, agreed by all political parties. It was expected to solve the political crisis, not deepen it.

"Unfortunately, instead of being an instrument of justice, it has become an instrument of blackmail. Of the million files they claim to have, they chose only those referring to the VMRO-DPMNE officials. I asked by which methodology they selected those cases, with Zaev saying that SPO proceeds exclusively upon files submitted by the opposition. Therefore, instead of a special prosecutor's office, we got a selective prosecutor's office, which acts exclusively in the opposition's interest", said Ivanov.

He added it was better that his photographs were burnt at the protests than the country's institutions.

"What is more important for me is the fact there has been no open intra-Macedonian conflict that was promoted by some hotheads. The goal has been achieved. The hotheads have been cooled down. Macedonia is still a safe, stable and peaceful country. In other words, the imposed destabilization game has failed", said Ivanov.

Over the past couple of months, he said, I have been accused of protecting politicians by pardoning them.

"I heard accusations that the decision stimulated protests and increased the security risks. On the contrary, I was briefed by intelligence services that the protests were planned and prepared in advance. My decision only accelerated their manifestation", emphasized Ivanov.

He said the revoking of the pardons occured due to a new reality in Macedonia.

"The initial state has been restored. We have functional institutions that are able to cope with all challenges and threats. Instead of a technical, we have a political government that can pass decisions and propose laws. The Parliament is operational and adopts laws, the Przino Agreement is revived, party working groups discuss solutions for a way out of the political crisis and an election date, while security services are under one command", said Ivanov.

He thanked the police for its professionalism and failure to succumb to provocations, the Macedonian citizens for their rejection of violence, as well as security services for their timely briefing over intentions for violent acts.

I want citizens to know, said Ivanov, that we were close to an open and violent civil unrest promoted by defendants in the 'Coup' case. Something had to be done in order to prevent the worst-case scenario. In such complex circumstances, I had two instruments at disposal - reactive and preventive.

"The reactive option meant me standing on the sidelines and waiting for the situation to escalate. Then I would be forced to engage the army to calm down the situation. However, this decision would have left the southern border unprotected and open to illegal migration. This would be a signal for millions of potential migrants that the Balkan corridor is open again. Macedonia would have been flooded with migrants", stressed Ivanov.

The second option was preventive, meaning new rules in the imposed game with Macedonia, taking control and give the country an upper hand.

"I conscientiously used the instruments at my disposal. Therefore, I preventively decided to pardon all those involved in the political crisis. The pardons were an instrument to freeze all hostile intentions between opposing sides. My decision surprised everyone and caused anxiety among certain power centers. The anger was focused on me. The plans to cause conflicts were shattered. Thus, I prevented the threat to public security", highlighted Ivanov.

However, he added, my intentions were misinterpreted by some.

"Should I have been a passive observer to the threat of an open conflict between the two opposing sides? Should I have waited for blood on the streets and use of the army as the second instrument in times of emergency" Should I have allowed a Macedonian to enter into conflict with another Macedonian?", asked Ivanov.

He said that during a state of emergency and deep political crisis, when the Parliament was dissolved while the technical government was charged with organizing elections, when the security institutions were paralyzed, the Special Prosecutor's Office carried out selective persecution of only one political structure, which led to tensions and risk of civil conflict.

"Developments pointed to the fact that we faced an outside imposed game aimed at destabilizing Macedonia. I expect that the outcome of the 'Coup' case will give an answer to this question", said Ivanov.

He stressed there was a special war in Macedonia as part of the strategies to cause tensions and create permanent political crises, leading to submission.

"In the lack of political program and solutions for the citizens, we are witnessing a circus in the Parliament, theatre on the streets by those who do not recognize institutions and boycott them. No one is banned from protesting against the authorities. However, institutions must keep order. Hooliganism, vandalism and destruction of property is not tolerated anywhere. It is sanctioned. This violence must stop", said Ivanov.

He urged party leaders to be careful in negotiations, facilitators to be careful in the packages they put forward, while the NGOs to distance itself from individuals and groups that stage protests in order to make profit.

"I call on our partners to refrain from using the situation here for achievement of their interests. Blocking of the Euro-Atlantic future has contributed to a blockade of political processes in Macedonia. Therefore, I urge the European Union and NATO to unblock Macedonia's path. The accession process would have taught political elites on culture of dialogue and compromise by now", emphasized Ivanov.

He said that political leaders who do not recognize the President are obliged not to jeopardize Macedonia's independence and sovereignty by being submissive or dependant from other countries, power centers or non-state actors.

"We must not allow for the country and its people to be held hostage to the character, ego and personal hatred of these irresponsible politicians. They should not hold a place at the political scene. If you are guided by hatred and destruction in achieving your goals, then failure is guaranteed", said Ivanov.

He added that the president is responsible to the citizens who elected him and gave him legitimacy and the army as its supreme commander.

"Having this responsibility, I will act only by taking into account the Constitution and the laws of the country, protecting the state interests and national security", underlined President Gjorge Ivanov in his address to the nation.
              “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                • Aug 2011

Once again Ivanov acts as a party spokesperson instead as a president of a democratic country.
                According to this address, again everyone except DPMNE is to blame.
                This country can never move forward unless the party gets separated from the state.
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• iceman
                  • Sep 2008

Ivanov the Great: I'll Never give Mandate to anyone working against Macedonia

Ivanov the Great: I'll Never give Mandate to anyone working against Macedonia
                  Wednesday, 01 March 2017

I am not giving the mandate for forming a government to any person, or party, which exerts to destroy the sovereignty of Macedonia, President Gjorge Ivanov said. In his address to the public, he announced that he had decided not to give the mandate for forming a government to Zoran Zaev.

Ivanov in his address said that he had meetings with Zoran Zaev, and that the condition for having a parliament majority was fulfilled, as well as the condition for respecting the deadlines, i.e. the President deciding in ten days to whom to give the mandate for forming a government.

Yet, Ivanov emphasized that there was other, more substantial issue, and that is the appearance of a so-called platform that the Albanian parties presented, and which was created in Tirana, with the mediation of the Albanian Prime Minister, Edi Rama.

- There is a more substantial issue. After the elections we were unpleasantly surprised by a post-electoral political platform by a foreign country. The platform is a post-electoral document, made and signed in a foreign country, in the cabinet of a foreign official, and with the mediation of a Prime Minister of a foreign country. The content of the platform is out of the range of the Constitution, and of the Ohrid Framework Agreement. With this platform, the sovereignty, and the independence of the country are endangered, putting it into a submissive position towards another country - Ivanov said.

He added that the process of forming a government in this country has become captive of the platform of a foreign country.

- The foundations of the Macedonian country have been brought into question. I had expected that the political leaders would categorically reject it, but some of them started auctioning with it, not knowing subconsciously that, thus, they hold an auction with the country - said Ivanov.

He said that the people have the right to know the truth of the content of the conversations regarding the platform.

- I publicly asked Zoran Zaev to reject this platform. The second essential remark comes from here, that the the negotiations for a platform of a foreign country is contrary to the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia. At the same time, accepting the foreign platform is a punishable act - Ivanov said.

He added that he expected the international community to condemn the interfering of the foreign country.

Ivanov joins protest, VMRO is afraid to attend them

Ivanov has already joined the Macedonians in a protest, while the VMRO leadership is said to have been afraid to join in for obvious reasons (they brought in Katica and Co, they voted for the Przino Agreement).

Comment

• DedoAleko
                    • Jun 2009

President Ivanov's speech 13.06.2018

Respected citizens of the Republic of Macedonia,

Let me inform you that today for the first time I received the agreement reached between the prime ministers of the Republic of Macedonia and the Hellenic Republic.

At the meeting I had this morning with Prime Minister Zaev and Minister Dimitrov, I told them that this is their personal agreement, their personal decision and their responsibility.

I told them that this harmful agreement means abandonment of the already built substantive state positions, which were confirmed at the last two leaders' meetings. These are: non-alteration of the Constitution and non-acceptance of a name for overall use, or erga omnes.

Such a harmful agreement, which is unique in the history of mankind, is shameful and unacceptable for me. It violates the Constitution, the laws and it breaks the state institutions. I will not legalize political illegal agreements.

The Government did not find strength and courage to build a common position and reach a national consensus. The whole negotiation process was carried out frivolously, irresponsibly and without transparency, as evidenced by the end result.

Dear citizens,

The text of the agreement is defeating for the Republic of Macedonia.

It does not envisage only change of the constitutional name, but change of the preamble, as well as all the articles of the Constitution where the name and the terms derived from the name Macedonia are mentioned.

Is patriotism changing the preamble and deleting the state legal continuity of the Republic of Macedonia, the Krushevo Republic and ASNOM?

Is patriotism deleting the article of the Constitution on the protection of the Macedonian minority in the neighboring countries?

Is it dignified to inform all members of the United Nations that you have changed the constitutional name?

Is it worthwhile to accept all Greek demands and ultimatums?

Is it a leadership to accept a text of an agreement in which there is no legal certainty and guarantees for the Macedonian side?

Such an agreement opens up many issues and problems than it is supposed to close. Issues with incalculable consequences for the Macedonian state and the Macedonian people.

Greece managed to fulfill its maximalist demands. I strongly believe that what it did with the Macedonians in Greece, now, with this agreement, is trying to do with the Macedonians in Macedonia.

With such an agreement, the Macedonian identity is not strengthened, but rather, the already acquired rights in the United Nations are degraded. The covenant of our ancestors, those who created the centuries-old ideal and aspiration for our one and only Macedonia, is denied. The 73-year-old right of self-determination and statehood of the Macedonian people is being trampled; the 27-year-old history of the independent Macedonian state is erased. Everything that is sacred to Macedonia is trampled, and the unborn are deprived of the right and pride to be Macedonians.

The Republic of Macedonia is losing its sovereign equality arising from the Charter of the United Nations.

I call on to stop abusing our strategic goals and commitments. The European Union and NATO should not be an alibi for a bad agreement which will cause unacceptable and detrimental consequences for the state and national interests of the Republic of Macedonia.

Such an agreement does not unite the society, but additionally polarizes it.

As President of the Republic of Macedonia, as before, so in the future, I will work towards finding a solution that will not violate the dignity of the Macedonian people and the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia.

Finally, I call on the Macedonian people everywhere not to be afraid. Do not lose faith in yourselves. Keep and nurture our centuries-old ideal of insubordination.

My position is final and no pressure, blackmailing or threat will make me change my mind. I will not support and sign such a harmful text of an agreement.

Thank you.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Bravo Mr President.

But i advise he doesn't jump on a plane and watch his back for a while.
                      This is not a joke (Just ask Gligorov and the family of Boris Trajkovski), i'm sure he is aware that his personal security is somewhat in Jeopardy after this stance he has just made, which earns him more respect by putting his country first.
                      Last edited by Bill77; 06-13-2018, 02:38 PM.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Spirit
                        • May 2015

Bravo indeed Mr President and so much respect
                        Let’s see what that sniveling little grub Zaev and his associates do now and to what extent they will go to

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                          • Oct 2011

Ivanov always makes good speeches, and then ultimately folds... lets see if this time its different
                          “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Niko777
                            • Oct 2010

What Ivanov actually said: "what Greece did to Macedonians living in Greece, now it wants to do to Macedonians in Macedonia."

What the Greek media has quoted him saying:
                            "what Greece did to Skopjeans living in Greece, now it wants to do to Skopjeans in our country"

PATHETIC

Example: https://www.newsbomb.gr/ellada/ethni...-tin-aporripto

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

I actually found my eyes welling reading Ivanov's speech. Hopefully his message is received and embraced in Macedonia. Frankly, it couldn't have been stated better.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Struja
                                • Sep 2008

Ivanov "My position is final and no pressure, blackmailing or threat will make me change my mind. I will not support and sign such a harmful text of an agreement."

Just farken end it.

Comment

Working...
                                X