X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian
    Banned
    • Oct 2011

The dispute is bizarre, Greece suffered no damage from the name Republic of Macedonia

Greece has no damage to internal or external plan, over the past 20 years by Macedonia due to the use of her real name, and the best solution is Athens to accept, under international law, the name Republic of Macedonia, says Robin O 'Neil first mediator in the Greek-Macedonian name dispute. - The governments of Macedonia and Greece, with the help of mediator Matthew Nimetz to find a new name for Macedonia acceptable to each side, but my opinion is that this whole dispute created by the Government Greece's bizarre, O'Neill said in an interview show "Port" on MTV. The judgment of the International Court of Justice he sees as the most significant development in dispute since 1995 when it signed the Interim Agreement. - Interim create conditions for progress in relations between Macedonia and Greece during the period while seeking a solution regarding the name issue. In it, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) was designated only as a temporary name of the state, and Greece accepted that until you find a solution to this issue would not oppose Macedonia to join international organizations if the temporary name used, says O'Neill. According to him, the refusal of the Greek authorities later to observe the terms of the agreement that was signed by them, make impossible progress in addressing this issue in the past 17 ​​years. International Court now says, made ​​it clear that Greece must respect what we have committed and not to object to Macedonia to join, such as NATO or the EU as long as it does under the name PJRM. Since that name is just temporary, Macedonia will not lose anything by using a temporary name while applying for membership in these organizations and even joining them. He suggestion to the Government of Macedonia to immediately apply for membership in NATO and EU PJRM and to remind other members that Greece is obliged not to object during these activities if Macedonia uses temporary name. - In fact, my view is that Greece is hindered by the Interim Agreement to highlight any complaint about any application by Macedonia to join NATO or the negotiations for EU membership, and if necessary other members of both organizations should declare that they will not tolerate any attempt by Greece to obstruct the entry of Macedonia into these organizations if such an argument use dispute, says O 'Neal. Otherwise, he says he never believed the concept of compromise can be applied to the Greek-Macedonian dispute. - According to international law, each state has the right to use the name according to its own choice. No state has no right to dictate what name to use another country, says British diplomat. He estimates that the interest of EU members is peaceful and harmonious relationship of the Balkan region, which means acceptance of all countries who qualify for membership. Shares the view of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski that the negotiations for membership of Macedonia should begin before the end of 2012, and hopes, says that it will happen. - The application by Macedonia should be viewed the same way as to that of Serbia, and I will ask all members of the European Union to accept Serbia as a candidate for membership if Macedonia does not be a date for membership negotiations at the same time, Robin O'Neil emphasized.
    Maybe by then Macedonia may not want to be in the EU.

Comment

• Zarni
      Banned
      • May 2011

Being in the NATO has a few advantages. Albanians wouldn't be able to revolt anymore for one
      Absolutely wrong why would NATO membership close the door, Albanians dont care for that

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

the albanian agenda goes on regardless divide & conquer goes unabated.They don't care one way or the other.But whatever way they can bring a country down using destabilising
        tactics is what they want.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
          Banned
          • May 2011

EU membership is also irrelevant to them as well the only reason it has such support is Albanians understand it will be achieved through Macedonia conceding on the most important element and second EU membership opens the door for even more open travel to West Europe and then supporting their friends and family in Kosovo

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

the albanians would want to link with kosovo.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

I wonder if they will start a revolt in Greece to "free" epirus.
              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

that's a possiblity lavce they allways wanted that link up.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                  • Nov 2009

The one thing I am frustrated about is why are the Macedonians just standing around and letting a minority dictate to them, it would not happen here in Australia, not without a fight.
                  Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

the macedonian govt is weak as chips & it gives away macedonian soveregnity that belongs rightly to its macedonian citizens.In the mean time the albanians harbour irrendist claims.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

We are getting what we derve lavce the deal was made when they formed the coalition govt.They have ptomised a lot of things to the albanians.Even the priministership & the presidemtial position at the moment there is just a deputy premier in fiture there will be
                      vice president with eventual presidency promissed.Ir's getting crazier by the minute.if vmro doesn't do it sdcm has promissed to do it,
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

President Ivanov celebrates Greece's Independence Day

I wonder if he will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of Greek occupation of Macedonia this summer?

Иванов на прослава на Националниот ден на Грција

Последен пат на грчки прием дојде премиерот Никола Груевски во 2007 година

Претседателот Ѓорге Иванов отиде вчера на приемот што по повод националниот празник на Грција го организираше амбасадорката Александра Пападопулу во Канцеларијата за врски во Скопје.

Ваков гест не се памети од 2007 година, кога премиерот Никола Груевски со членови од владата и преговарачот за спорот околу името , исто така неочекувано се појави на приемот организиран од тогашната грчка амбасадорка Дора Грасоманиду.

Доаѓањето на претседателот, покрај другите сто педесет гости во грчката канцеларија, ги изненадило амбасадорката и грчките дипломати, особено по поплаките од Пападопулу не толку одамна дека во Македонија не е добредојдена, односно дека никој од функционерите не ја прима на разговори. Пападопулу дотогаш беше примена само во една прилика од претседателот Иванов за да и врачи писмо покана за средба со грчкиот лидер, а по поплаките доби средба и со шефот на дипломатијата, Никола Попоски.

Дали со овој гест на добра волја претседателот најавува враќање на односите со Грција на нивото пред Букурешт или само сака да ги пресретне грчките тврдења пред Чикаго дека Македонија останува неконструктивна страна во преговорите за името, ќе покажат настаните во иднина.

Гостувањето на Иванов кај Пападопулу предизвика своевидна сензација во домашните политички кругови, а анализите за тоа дали тоа може да се толкува како сигнал за иден пресврт во македонско-грчките односи кои се заладени допрва ќе следуваат.

Во краткиот говор што го одржала амбасадорката пред собраните дипломати, стопанственици и политичари, истакнала дека ова е прв пат претседател да дојде на приемот по повод 25 Март - Денот на независноста на Грција, а тоа за неа претставува огромна чест. Амбасадорката кажала и дека Македонија и Грција се блиски земји поврзани од традицијата и пријателството.

Претседателот Иванов испратил честитка и до грчкиот претседател Каролос Папуљас со срдечни поздрави и искрени желби за просперитет на Грција и благосостојба на нејзините граѓани, од негово име и од име на граѓаните на Македонија. (С.Ј.)

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

When I read a title like this I am hoping that it is some kind of a joke. Unfortunately it seldom is these days.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

It makes sense - he accepts the Interim Accord (i.e., Greek sovereignty over Macedonia), its only logical that he would celebrate Greek independence day.
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Fair enough.
                              Imagine if Greece posed a territorial threat to Macedonia, the Macedonian government would start paying for celebrations to be held formally.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Zarni
                                Banned
                                • May 2011

We always want to please others to win friends

Comment

Working...
                                X