Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

the special forces are.They are very priveleged to be allowed into the pentagon into its inner sanctum.Not many get that privelege.Especially the americans look like they are greatfull for the participation in Iraq & then in afghanistan.Our soldiers have proven themselves in battle that they are just as good as any of the special forces if not better as they were complemented by the us.The fighting spirit & the will to survive
    & fight for friedom is there it only needs to be rekindled.
    Last edited by George S.; 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM. Reason: ed
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      the special forces are.They are very priveleged to be allowed into the pentagon into its inner sanctum.Not many get that privelege.Especially the americans look like they are greatfull for the participation in Iraq & then in afghanistan.Our soldiers have proven themselves in battle that they are just as good as any of the special forces if not better as they were complemented by the us.The fighting spirit & the will to survive
      & fight for friedom is there it only needs to be rekindled.
      That's a very valid point you raise GS...

It's not easy to get in on American operations, case in point is Australia's own SAS Regiment and the development of the relationship with the US special forces.

Although the 'relationship' has existed for some time, it has only truly been cemented in an operational sense since 2001.
      At the outbreak of the Afghanistan conflict and on the back of successful SAS involvement in East Timor, preparation for the Sydney Olympics and the politically sensitive case and handling of the MV Tampa, the Regiment was looking to further define itself and persue a wider asymmetric warfare capability, so the obvious dovetail for Australian defence planners and SAS top brass was getting in on the 'action' in Afghanistan.

In October 2001, the commanding officer of the SAS Regiment, Gus Gilmore and Major Peter Tinley, left Aus to begin selling the SAS capability to overseas defence forces.

All niche units (including the Aus SAS) have to 'convince' the Americans that they can offer a unique and useful capability.
      The Australians proved their capability in Afghanistan and by the time Iraq had rolled around the SAS was in a position to play quite a large role.

To a slightly lesser degree the Macedonian units proved their worth in Iraq and have subsequently been involved in latter Afghan missions.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

The experience our troops are getting is invaluable & they could use the tactics etc learned there to fight the albanians.The fact that hardly anyone is killed touch wood is testimoney & luck to their skills but overall it has to be skills.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
          Banned
          • May 2011

The Macedonians have lead missions that is something our detractors dont understand

It laughable when chest beating Shiptars come on this forum and think a few ak47 war lords can today roam the Macedonian countryside

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

zarni they will be decimated easily.Our army was told not to fire at our enemy the shiptars but that will change in the future.They have their choice it's not about rights it's accepting reality that we are a majority & we need to be respected not have our land taken away.
            They will be hunted down mercilessly & killed.So their greater albania is really a lost cause.
            If they cooperate they could have a peacefull coexistence if they do not well decimation is the key.You are either in or out.
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Krivan
              • Jul 2010

It's not as if the NATO wants us in their organization anyhow. They're using the name dispute as an excuse to not extend an invitation to Macedonia.

If we joined the NATO then they would be legally obligated to defend us against Albanian terrorists. I'm pretty sure we know which side NATO is on... not ours.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Krivan View Post
                It's not as if the NATO wants us in their organization anyhow. They're using the name dispute as an excuse to not extend an invitation to Macedonia.

If we joined the NATO then they would be legally obligated to defend us against Albanian terrorists. I'm pretty sure we know which side NATO is on... not ours.
                I don't think its a matter of nobody wanting us...I think its a clear example of the dysfunctional nature of orgainzations like the EU and NATO where no consideration was given to parties like greece that could use such organizations to persue 19th century chauvinism whilst holding the entire organizations at ramsom...

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  I don't think its a matter of nobody wanting us...I think its a clear example of the dysfunctional nature of orgainzations like the EU and NATO where no consideration was given to parties like greece that could use such organizations to persue 19th century chauvinism whilst holding the entire organizations at ramsom...
                  I think if NATO really wanted macedonia in its "club" they would have done everything in its power to do so.
                  NATO was able to isolate and anger Russia in making all former eastern block members part of NATO, and then eventually putting "missile defense systems" in Poland and the Czech republic.
                  George Bush almost started a international scene when he tried to get Georgia and Ukraine into NATO recently, and remember this was the same time when macedonia was vetoed by Grease in joining NATO.

I cant see how USA/NATO would back down to greases cries towards macedonia joining nato, but almost start something with russia over gerogia and Ukraine.
                  I think the USA would like macedonia in NATO, but the reality is macedonia is a small fry in their policies, and it would be no lose if macedonia was not in the NATO. Macedonia is not a priority to USA/NATO, but another mere option.

Plus macedonia is in someway a NATO "member" now, it is practically with NATO countries in places like Iraq, but macedonia is still not respected within those ranks, hence we see to this day situations like how "greek" soldiers and generals treat macedonians like shit.

A taste of things to come if we are "officially" in NATO one day?

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

one thing is a nato member has to pay for membership.Wher as if you are not a member you get arms supplied free of charge.
                    i think stay out of nato & the eu & macedonia will be better for it.Join either & you get treated like shit.OUr soldiers are far better i'd like to think thanm anyone in combat.They can take it as well as dish it out.
                    Last edited by George S.; 03-18-2012, 12:09 AM. Reason: ed
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                      I think if NATO really wanted macedonia in its "club" they would have done everything in its power to do so.
                      NATO was able to isolate and anger Russia in making all former eastern block members part of NATO, and then eventually putting "missile defense systems" in Poland and the Czech republic.
                      George Bush almost started a international scene when he tried to get Georgia and Ukraine into NATO recently, and remember this was the same time when macedonia was vetoed by Grease in joining NATO.
                      BBS, nobody within NATO protested about the former Eastern Block countries joining NATO...it's the consensus issue thats the real problem and the way it is easily abused...why isn't Cyprus a NATO member?

I cant see how USA/NATO would back down to greases cries towards macedonia joining nato, but almost start something with russia over gerogia and Ukraine.
                      I think the USA would like macedonia in NATO, but the reality is macedonia is a small fry in their policies, and it would be no lose if macedonia was not in the NATO. Macedonia is not a priority to USA/NATO, but another mere option.
                      True, Macedonia is a 'small player' but it can offer similar credibility that other 'small players' like albania (and others) offer the organization.
                      The Georgia fiasco made the USA/NATO look very foolish (that's my point, they're dysfunctional and prone to do silly things) and the US was NEVER going to push its luck in that situation

Plus macedonia is in someway a NATO "member" now, it is practically with NATO countries in places like Iraq, but macedonia is still not respected within those ranks, hence we see to this day situations like how "greek" soldiers and generals treat macedonians like shit.

A taste of things to come if we are "officially" in NATO one day?
                      That's not entirely correct, the Iraq mission was a US operation...Afghanistan is technically a NATO operation and the abuses you talk about are in relation to Macedonian forces serving in Afghanistan, with.. you-know-who carrying on like a pork chop...further proof of the dysfunctionality of the organization where purely self serving political interests are used to leverage standing, through intimidation and other threats.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

if they don't respect us fuck them stay out of the nato thing.We could be better in a limited way.Nato has to give us arms for free if we stay out.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Krivan
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          if they don't respect us fuck them stay out of the nato thing.We could be better in a limited way.Nato has to give us arms for free if we stay out.
                          Being in the NATO has a few advantages. Albanians wouldn't be able to revolt anymore for one. Albanians are allowed to run wild and free right now because NATO isn't legally obligated to defend our country's sovereignty. This would change if Macedonia was in the NATO.

I don't really care about acquiring free arms. There's nothing prideful in having to rely on hand me downs to acquire the latest arms. Better to update our armed forces using our own funds.

We should model our armies on a guerilla concept where we can draw out enemy invasions long enough for help to arrive. This is more realistic than building an outdated, underfunded and ill-suited conventional army.

An efficient government guerilla force should have the latest IFVs (CV90s), SAMs (shoulder-fired SAMs, stingers), AT4s (shoulder-fired anti-tank) and quite possibly a small network of advanced S-400s (or NATO equivalent). Basically a mechanized infantry focus with strong anti-air/tank support. Far more affordable and suited to our small country.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

we should crosstrain our police.THe other thing is us interference in our affairs has tipped the balance they stay out in future violent clashes.
                            Krivan i was responding to the low respect that people might have of us or no respect why do we have to force ourselces into an organization that doesn't respect us.I wouldn't want to join & be treated like shit fuck them i say,that goes with the eu we don't need to join them.Being able to be independent & stand on one's two feet is more important.
                            Last edited by George S.; 03-18-2012, 10:51 AM. Reason: ed
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Brian
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2011

Maybe we will get our wish of Macedonia not in the EU/NATO. It looks like support for the idea is waning.

Survey "Journal": The melt confidence in NATO and EU

Довербата на македонските граѓани во политиките...

The confidence of Macedonian citizens in policy in relation to Macedonia to lead the EU and NATO is very low and barely passes 50 percent, the poll of newspaper "Dnevnik" conducted by a specialized agency "Rating" from 3 to 7 March this year a representative sample of 1,560 respondents. answers, that the percentages are still different if you read on ethnic grounds.

As in most surveys and polls have, Albanians have far greater confidence from his fellow Macedonians in the policies of the EU and NATO to Macedonia. Thus, 39 percent of ethnic Macedonians expressed confidence in NATO, and 41 percent of EU while the percentage among ethnic Albanians is considerably larger - 82 percent of the military alliance and 85 percent for the European Union. These findings were obtained in a situation where about 90 percent of the citizens of our state to join NATO and the EU. high confidence in the policies of the U.S. and Germany to Macedonia resulting in a high percentage of positive opinion about the president and prime minister of these two visokorazvieni countries, Barack Obama and Angela Merkel. same goes for the leader of Russia, Vladimir Putin, while the most negative opinion our citizens have for French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

Comment

• Brian
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2011

Topi: Nobody has the right to block an invitation to join the EU on its neighbor

Tirana, March 16, 2012 (Reuters) - The granting of candidate status to Serbia chelnstvo EU can not harm the chances of Kosovo to join the Union, said Albanian President Bamir Topi in an interview with Turkish newspaper "Zaman." - Since 2008 , Kosovo is an independent state. I believe that the status of candidate country Serbia will affect the invitation to Kosovo to join the EU. The fact is that the status of Kosovo is irreversible, said Topi. Asked whether Serbia can block progress in the process for membership of Albania in EU refiner says it is not possible for a country from the Balkans to impose conditions of membership of another state from regiont, because the criteria for admission into the Union is clear. - No one has right on its neighbor to block an invitation for membership in the EU, says Topi. As MIA reports from Tirana, the refiner interview for "Zaman" is given on the occasion of his visit to Turkey, where he received the title of Honorary Doctor of the University "Aydin". In inetrvjuto Topi speaks to the good bilateral relations and cooperation between Albania and Turkey.
                                Maybe someone should have told him about Greece and Macedonia, but then again it could be another case of one rule for the Albanians and another fot Macedonians.

Comment

Working...
                                X