Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Does anyone know what the rsponse is from macedonia regarding the wikileaks.Macedonia by asking to negotiate has something to negotiate & that's their game to play along & thus legitimising greece's claim to the macedonian name.
    MK perhaps UMD they should try sorros with strings attached for a bigger donation.$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by George S.; 12-18-2010, 02:55 PM. Reason: ed
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post

MK perhaps UMD they should try sorros with strings attached for a bigger donation.$$$$$$$$$
      Soros, funds organizations that UMD supports already including numerous NGO's and Human Rights Watch groups. The mess we're in today (name) is because of Soros and his EU wet dream - made deals with several countries. If I'm not mistaken he bought both name and flag from Gligorov and was almost killed over it ..

YouTube - 'Who the Hell You Think You Are?' Nigel Farage throws egg in Eurocrat faces

George Soros should be behind bars today along with government officials, CIA, FBI, Interpol, JUDGES etc. - all corruption
      Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-18-2010, 04:04 PM.
      http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

sorros must be behind every evil thing he must be competing with the devil.In regards to gligorov he is just lucky he is alive.I hope that gruevski hasn't learnt any bad habits from gligorov like capitulating with the enemy & being a traitor to one's country.
        Last edited by George S.; 12-18-2010, 04:16 PM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Meto
          Your posting is quite inaccurate. UMD's founders met in 2008 and voted in its first temporary Board of Directors to serve out a 3-year term and build the organization and increase membership. Tom Vangelovski was elected to the first Board of Directors but later resigned. The temporary term is up in 2011 and elections will be held on June 25, 2011.
          Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          Meto, we elected ourselves in as Board of Directors. There were about 6-7 (can't remember exactly now) founding members and we appointed ourselves and Board of Directors. That was not a democratic process in any sense of the word.

I would like to know more about the process that will be undertaken next year. I'm willing to guess that Meto will be unanimously elected as President and the "new" Board of Directors will keep him on as CEO. I'm also willing to guess that a majority of existing Board Members will retain their positions.
          What I find interesting is how Meto has circumnavigated the essence of the question being asked, by Tom.
          Last edited by Pelister; 12-19-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

AMAC actually made a good point:

This point has been made by many Macedonian activists, but our vassal politicians and their puppets ignorantly point to those 129 countries as some sort of achievement. The fact is, once a compromise is made, these states will revert to using that compromised name.

Another reason why we must end the negotiations immediately.

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
              Another reason why we must end the negotiations immediately.
              Oh thanks for reminding me Pelister

Att UMD:
              Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              Regarding the letter from UMD sent to the Macedonian Government calling for an end to negotiations with greece.

Any response yet from Gruevski and co?

If No, why not and is the UMD going to follow up and insist on a response.
              Or is this a sign that UMD are insignificant
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

UMD, have received a response but don't expect them to post it anywhere soon - for board members ONLY like most things they do. No advantage having a UMD membership unless you want to read about past events that most people already know about - summary not news.
                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-19-2010, 09:48 PM.
                http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

Senator Menendez Caters Exclusively to Greek Lobby

December 20, 2010 – Washington, D.C. – The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) – the voice of nearly half a million Macedonian-Americans, over 40,000 of whom live in New Jersey – has expressed its disappointment that Senator Robert Menendez (D–New Jersey) decided to block Senate Resolution 673 (S. Res. 673). In so doing, the Senator officially declared his indifference to Macedonia’s contributions to the U.S. and NATO-led mission in Afghanistan. S. Res. 673 was introduced by Senator Patrick J. Leahy (D–Vermont) on September 29, 2010. S. Res. 673 is a resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that it values the active participation of the Republic of Macedonia as the state partner of the Vermont National Guard over the past 15 years.

“Senator Menendez again disappointed the Macedonian-American community by going out of his way to cater exclusively to the Greek lobby,” said UMD President Metodija A. Koloski. “Over the years, Senator Menendez has been a proponent of the Greek Government’s policy against Macedonia’s sovereign name, using ‘FYROM’ instead, a position that contradicts U.S. policy towards Macedonia and the region. By indulging his preferences instead of supporting settled U.S. policy in the region, Senator Menendez has demonstrated his insensitivity over time to the views of the Macedonian-American community in New Jersey and throughout the United States.”

Since 2006, Senator Menendez has sponsored two resolutions before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations that refer to Macedonia, a strong U.S. ally, as ‘FYROM’ and demanding that Macedonia cease its ‘propaganda’ against the Hellenic Republic. In May 2008, Senator Menendez blocked a Senate resolution supporting Macedonia’s NATO membership, and in July 2008, together with Senator Olympia Snowe (R–Maine), he initially blocked the confirmation of U.S. Ambassador to Macedonia, Philip T. Reeker. In September 2009, Senator Menendez joined with Senator Snowe to publish an Op-Ed piece in the Washington Times calling Macedonia “intransigent” and urging the Administration to reverse its 2004 decision to call the country by its constitutional name, the ‘Republic of Macedonia.’ UMD believes that this consistent and implacable hostility to Macedonia is, itself, inconsistent with Senator Menendez’ larger responsibility to respect the views of all New Jersey citizens, including Macedonian-Americans, and to represent their interests in a fair and just manner.

UMD expressed their concerns to Senator Menendez, in a meeting in Newark, New Jersey, in October 2008. These concerns were featured in an article in the largest New Jersey newspaper, The Star-Ledger, in July 2008 following Senator Menendez’s refusal to meet with the Macedonian community. See: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...reece_ove.html This was followed by a letter-writing campaign that resulted in thousands of letters being sent to the Senator.

By clicking HERE, Macedonian-Americans can write to Senator Menendez today and express their disappointment with the Senator’s consistently anti-Macedonian positions. A sample letter follows:

Dear Senator Menendez:

As a concerned American of Macedonian heritage, I am writing to express my disappointment with your decision to block S. Res. 673 – a resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that it values the active participation of the Republic of Macedonia as the state partner of the Vermont National Guard over the past 15 years.

Your persistent use of the term ‘FYROM,’ instead of the constitutional name for Macedonia that is accepted U.S. policy can be perceived as nothing less than a studied and calculated insult to me and hundreds of thousands of other Macedonian-Americans. Furthermore, your use of the term ‘FYROM’ undermines U.S. policy towards Macedonia and further contributes to instability and insecurity in Southeast Europe, by fanning anti-Macedonian sentiments among members of the current Government of the Hellenic Republic.

S. Res. 673 is a resolution, which recognizes the contributions Macedonia has made to our mission in Afghanistan. It is a fact that Macedonia is the fourth largest contributor to ISAF, and since 2006, patrols the ISAF headquarters in Kabul, Afghanistan. In welcoming returning Macedonian troops to Skopje, U.S. Ambassador Philip T. Reeker said the troops “contributed to supporting and building a stable democracy in Afghanistan. They return highly decorated, and with their outstanding performance, these soldiers have demonstrated the readiness of the Army of the Republic of Macedonia’s, its high level of training, and capacity to coordinate with NATO-led forces.”

Macedonia’s contributions to peace, democracy, stability and security in Southeast Europe, Afghanistan and elsewhere make it clear that Macedonia has been acting as a de facto member of NATO for some time. Macedonia’s future in Euro-Atlantic institutions, as well as the security and stability of Southeast Europe, must no longer be frustrated by the historically unique and curiously self-serving demands of the Greek state. Macedonia has met all the criteria for NATO membership as explicitly stated in the NATO’s 2008 Bucharest and 2010 Lisbon Declarations.

The ‘name issue’ was invented by the Hellenic Republic to prevent Macedonia from joining international organizations. It is an historical fact that, during the early 1990s, this position was fueled by many nationalists in the Hellenic Republic, including some leaders of the Greek Orthodox Church. The Government of Macedonia and its citizens have made herculean efforts and demonstrated remarkable patience -- over a period of almost 20 years -- to help the Hellenic Republic to resolve this unprecedented and artificial matter -- in which the Hellenic Republic questions the sovereignty and the legitimacy of Macedonia’s name. The Hellenic Republic insisted that Macedonia change its flag and even its constitution to reassure the Hellenic Republic that Macedonia harbors no territorial aspirations against its territory.

The Hellenic Republic should have been the first to support Macedonia’s independence and to sponsor Macedonia’s membership in international organizations, not only because it is the proper thing to do, but also because, as one of the Hellenic Republic’s major trading partners in the region, it is in the Hellenic Republic’s interest to do so. Put simply, the Hellenic Republic’s political and commercial “neighborhood” – in which the Hellenic Republic and Macedonia are key members – would be more secure and successful if Macedonia were fully integrated into NATO and the EU.

The problem will be resolved when the Hellenic Republic recognizes that there is a Macedonia, a Macedonian people, a Macedonian language and a Macedonian national identity. Macedonia and Macedonians pose no threat to the Hellenic Republic, to its leaders, or to its people. The Hellenic Republic would be better served were it to embrace its neighbors. The international community, or more precisely, over 129 countries, including the United States, Mexico, Canada, Russia, and the United Kingdom, have overwhelmingly acknowledged that the sovereign right to name one’s own nation is a key franchise that belongs to any free people, including Macedonians. The Hellenic Republic continues to needlessly sully its own good name in the international community by maintaining its current odd and curious position.

I hope you will reconsider your strong opposition to Macedonia, to S. Res. 673, and base your decisions on U.S. policy and not policies put before you by the Government of the Hellenic Republic.

Sincerely,

[Your Name Here]
                  For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                  http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                  Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                  Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                  Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

It needed to be addressed, and at first glance the letter looks like it is written well enough. But this here..........
                    The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) – the voice of nearly half a million Macedonian-Americans........
                    ...is more garbage. Don't you get tired of your own lies?
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

There's other issues as well that have been raised before.

I'd like to see these 500,000 Macedonians in the US, given that only approximately 50,000 declared themselves to be Macedonians in the last census.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• indigen
                        • May 2009

There's other issues as well that have been raised before.

I'd like to see these 500,000 Macedonians in the US, given that only approximately 50,000 declared themselves to be Macedonians in the last census.
                        That too is a wrong assumption, mate, as they do not do ancestry (except racial) questions in the good old US of A censuses! :-)

Comment

• indigen
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                          Senator Menendez Caters Exclusively to Greek Lobby
                          Uchi, uchi ama UMD-Ovska glava samo buchi!

In September 2009, Senator Menendez joined with Senator Snowe to publish an Op-Ed piece in the Washington Times calling Macedonia “intransigent” and urging the Administration to reverse its 2004 decision to call the country by its constitutional name, the ‘Republic of Macedonia.’ UMD believes that this consistent and implacable hostility to Macedonia is, itself, inconsistent with Senator Menendez’ larger responsibility to respect the views of all New Jersey citizens, including Macedonian-Americans, and to represent their interests in a fair and just manner.
                          What happened to Macedonia's rightful and historical name? It did not take long for the "Constitutionalists" to regain their ideological (anti-Macedonian) terminological domination - SRAMOTA!

Dear Senator Menendez:

As a concerned American of Macedonian heritage, I am writing to express my disappointment with your decision to block S. Res. 673 – a resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that it values the active participation of the Republic of Macedonia as the state partner of the Vermont National Guard over the past 15 years.

Your persistent use of the term ‘FYROM,’ instead of the constitutional name for Macedonia that is accepted U.S. policy can be perceived as nothing less than a studied and calculated insult to me and hundreds of thousands of other Macedonian-Americans.
                          As Above!

The problem will be resolved when the Hellenic Republic recognizes that there is a Macedonia, a Macedonian people, a Macedonian language and a Macedonian national identity. Macedonia and Macedonians pose no threat to the Hellenic Republic, to its leaders, or to its people. The Hellenic Republic would be better served were it to embrace its neighbors. The international community, or more precisely, over 129 countries, including the United States, Mexico, Canada, Russia, and the United Kingdom, have overwhelmingly acknowledged that the sovereign right to name one’s own nation is a key franchise that belongs to any free people, including Macedonians. The Hellenic Republic continues to needlessly sully its own good name in the international community by maintaining its current odd and curious position.

I hope you will reconsider your strong opposition to Macedonia, to S. Res. 673, and base your decisions on U.S. policy and not policies put before you by the Government of the Hellenic Republic.

Sincerely,

[Your Name Here]
                          As you can see, it is not impossible to use simply Macedonia.

Further reading below to refresh your memory:

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Macedonians are facing attacks on their identity on a daily basis and are almost thankful for the attention. In this age of enlightenment it is extremely concerning that some people are failing to comprehend the significance of the many minuscule plays with words and actions that (on their own) would not worry a normal Macedonian. The agenda being perpetrated against Macedonia and Macedonians is insidious and extremely damaging to the psyche of Macedonians. They are barely aware of the impact until all is quite possibly too late.

As a child, I would describe myself as being Macedonian. Greeks would ask if it was "Greek Macedonian" and I would simply say "Macedonian". They would then say "oh, you must be Yugoslav Macedonian then". They knew even less about Macedonian history then than they do now.

Thirty years later the world appears to know of FYROMIANS and Macedonians and Skopjans. None of the terms seem to have the same meaning as what they did 20 years ago.

The notion of a "constitutional name" is something that Macedonia can claim as a "search term" in Google. One has to go about 3 pages in on Google before Macedonia and it's "constitutional name" is sharing internet space with any other nation. Is this normal? Obviously not as no other country in the world shares a similar pre-occupation with this unusual way of looking at one's identity. A country has a name which stems from and also define's its identity. The constitution of a country will refer to that name. In Macedonia's case, it would appear that Macedonians need to look at their constitution in order to be sure what their name is. This is not the same as the pot calling the kettle black as some would like to suggest. It is more like the pot looking at the kettle's constitution before it can begin to call the kettle anything. If the kettle is "black", why look anywhere else. If a Macedonian is Macedonian, why refer to the constitution unless there is an intention to have it changed.

I fell into this trap a while ago. Macedonia's constitution spells out the name of the country. Far too many Macedonian politicians claim an adherence to the constitutional name of Macedonia rather than Macedonia.

"I sellout politician hereby confirm that I will always respect the constitutional name of Macedonia. "

Some might like everything in the above text (other than the "sellout" part). Others might realise that "Macedonia" is optional and that the "constitutional name" is always able to be changed. Just like Macedonia's constitution has already been changed in a fashion which undermines the sovereignty of the nation and the Macedonian people. It can happen with the right (or wrong) influence again.

What is so difficult about Macedonians calling themselves Macedonian and their country Macedonia? Is it that offensive to other people that we need to remind people that it is a republic. After being denied their own nation for so many lifetimes, do Macedonians need to reassure themselves that they are indeed a republic? Some refer to the "Republic of Macedonia" so as to distinguish it from occupied regions of Macedonia in neighbouring countries. They are not Macedonia, they now have composite names, we have Greek occupied Macedonia and Bulgarian occupied Macedonia amongst others. We only have one Macedonia and we need to be much more militant about it.

I am a Macedonian and the cultural heritage of my people remains in Macedonia. In Macedonia you will find Macedonians. Macedonians are proud, friendly people and enjoy being treated with dignity. Just like everyone else in the world.

I might be a little crazy about this but am willing to ease up a little when the pendulum swings a little in Macedonia's favour. Until then, I strongly urge all Macedonians to be far less forgiving in all matters pertaining to our identity. We must assert our identity at every opportunity because ... we are most definitely at war for our identity. Sadly, our enemies are are our own people as well as outsiders who wish to negate us. Rest assured, those who seek to negate us do it for personal gain and can never be regarded as good Macedonians or friends of Macedonians.

Sadly it is indeed "us" versus "them" and all Macedonians need to make a choice. I hope you can join "us" at the MTO!

Here are some questions you may wish to ask yourself:

Why is it the universal norm to refer to states under their conventional short form name, whereas in Macedonia, its vassal politicians (and their representatives) have instigated a campaign to refer to Macedonia under its conventional long form name?

What is a “constitutional name”?

What role does the constitution play in relation to the name of a state?

Is the name of a state derived from its constitution, or does the constitution simply acknowledge the cultural/identity norm which already exists? Which of these two is relevant to the Macedonian case?

Why “Republic of Macedonia” instead of “Macedonia”?
                          I bring forward from another related thread these well summed up points made by Vangelovski.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                            That too is a wrong assumption, mate, as they do not do ancestry (except racial) questions in the good old US of A censuses! :-)
                            You can provide ethnicity and they do. I'll find the link...
                            Last edited by Vangelovski; 12-21-2010, 05:10 AM.
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• indigen
                              • May 2009

You can provide ethnicity and they do. I'll find the link...
                              I looked into it before as well and you will find that they do sample questions and then make ESTIMATES based on those results, which is not very accurate, IMHO!

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Indigen, follow this link (it goes to search results) and click on the Excel sheet - the first result. This is the actual census, not sample surveys in between.

http://search.census.gov/search?q=Ce...nd&site=census

I was wrong - in 2000, the last census, only 35,523 (including about 5,000 who identified Macedonian as a SECOND ancestry) people declared themselves to be Macedonian. And Meto pretends to take on a "professional" approach! What is "professional" about LYING?

Comment

Working...
                                X