Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

On another note, I think confining UMD's advertising to this one thread is a great idea - stops the clutter on the General Discussions page.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Volk
      • Sep 2008

I find it amusing Risto that your trying to blame one of the few people that did anything during this mess..
      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
        I find it amusing Risto that your trying to blame one of the few people that did anything during this mess..
        Doing "something" does not cut it - doing it right and with the right motivations is the only acceptable way forward for our community. Holding the video back for so long and for motivations that are becoming more apparant only contributed to this "mess".
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

Agree with you Vangelovski, transparency. Am an advocate for it Vangelovski. To be transparent and open and accountable is to be honest.
          To be a Mr Secrets and withhold anything denotes lies and self serving ego maniacs
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Mikail
            • Sep 2008

Well stated Vangelovski. The "Mess" came about because someone sat on it for so long for the glorification of Meto & that doesn't cut it.
            From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
              Please Volk. I know your allegiance is well and truly with MP_MK. Good on you mate. I hope it is mutually satisfying for the both of you. But please don't suggest I am blaming anyone more than the original Adelaide Macedonian Community about this. If MP_MK wanted to help the UMD bask in the glory of solving all of this mess, more power to him. I expressed my thoughts about him on his own thread, I have no need to re-visit that. But if you really feel compelled to defend him, feel free to advise exactly how his input helped the issue.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But I have seen the desire of the UMD to attempt to claim the glory of other initiatives in the past. This one is yet another example of this process. Like I said before, when it all blows over and the UMD is back to writing letters about the tragedy of the Tibetan Yaks and the erosion of their traditional migratory paths (or something else equally irrelevant), the AMHRC will continue to be doing something real about this issue in places where it counts.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

I like how everyone assumes that UMD orchestrated the suppression of the video when there is clearly no evidence to back it up, yet another symptom of being Macedonian I guess, create conspiracy theories and run amok trying to prove to everyone they are true. It even comes at the cost of attacking good people who try to help us.

If anyone has evidence that proves this was orchestrated by UMD, NON-circumstantial, then please share it. If not, then all we are doing is hunting witches and all we have to go on are the accusations of people who have no evidence other than their own interpretation of events.
                "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                Our long awaited hour will draw near
                and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Mikail
                  • Sep 2008

Perhaps they didn't have anything to do with it Buktop? MP_MK clearly had something to do with it. Can a parrellel be drawn between the two? You enlighten us.

Quite frankly I'm tired of all this UMD banter. What have they done thus far and what are they going to do next? Who bloody well cares.

I was excited by their commitment to the cause when they first came on the scene. I was surprised at the launch of the UMD Visa card. Then again excited when Meto stood up and put it to Dora at a US press conference.

What's Meto done recently other than raise a lot of questions about his own character and integrity.

Guys, why do you stand at his defence so vigilantly? He is big boy. He can defend himself. Or at least put to bed all this rubbish. Instead it continues. Why?
                  From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

Toronto UMD Global Conference 2010 Tentative Program

The UMD Global Conference Planning Committee is pleased to bring to you the tentative program for the 2nd UMD Global Conference. We invite interested parties who would like to present a paper on a Macedonian topic or serve as a panelist during the conference to contact us at [email protected]his e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

UMD Global Conference Tentative Program

Toronto, Canada

June 3-6, 2010

Thursday, June 3, 2010

2:30 - 2:45 p.m. - Welcome and Coffee

2:45 - 4:00 p.m. - Doing Business in Macedonia - A Unique Business Gateway to Southeast Europe

4:00 - 4:30 p.m. - Coffee Break and Networking

4:30 - 6:00 p.m. - Success Stories and Building Partnerships

6:00 - 7:30 p.m. - Reception and Networking

8:00 - 10:00 p.m. - Movie Screening: A Name is A Name followed by Q&A with Director and Producer

Friday, June 4, 2010

8:30 - 9:00 a.m. - Coffee

9:00 - 9:30 a.m. - Welcome

9:30 - 10:45 a.m. - Discovering Macedonia

10:45 - 11:15 a.m. - Coffee Break and Networking

11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - The United Nations and Macedonia

12:30 - 2:00 p.m. - Lunch: Canadian-Macedonian Relations

2:00 - 2:30 p.m. - Coffee Break and Networking

2:30 - 3:30 p.m. - A History of Macedonian Emigration

3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Preservation of the Macedonian Identity and Language in Today's Global Community

4:30 - 5:00 p.m. - Coffee Break and Networking

5:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Macedonians Making a Difference

8:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. - Cultural Evening and Dancing

Saturday, June 5, 2010

8:30 - 9:00 a.m. - Coffee

9:00 - 9:30 a.m. - Welcome

9:30 - 10:30 a.m. - United Macedonian Diaspora: Highlights/Achievements and Moving Forward

10:30 - 11:00 a.m. - Coffee Break and Networking

11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Edge of Extinction to the Brink of Hope - The Current Status of Macedonian Human Rights in Southeast Europe

2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Macedonian Medical Professionals Roundtable "Healthcare in Macedonia"

2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Why be Macedonian? Young Leaders Speak

3:00 - 3:30 p.m. - Coffee Break and Networking

3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Fundraising and Leadership Workshop

7:00 - 8:00 p.m. - Reception and Networking

8:00 - 10:00 p.m. - Gala Banquet

10:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. – Dancing

Sunday, June 6, 2010

9:30 - 11:00 a.m. - Closing and Coffee

REGISTER TO ATTEND TODAY! Click HERE: https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quic...d&formId=74489
                    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikail
                      Guys, why do you stand at his defence so vigilantly?
                      It has to make you wonder, doesn't it? Buktop, Volk, MP_MK and TK (who was probably Meto himself) are oblivious to all the negativity, instead they say, zosho se karame? They find Meto's lies acceptable, they find his manipulation of statements acceptable, they find his compromises acceptable, they find his Serb dancing at promotional Macedonian events acceptable, etc, etc, or, at the very least, tolerable. That's why there is only a handful of them that think this way, and thank God for that.

The rest (and most) of the Macedonians find it dispicable.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                        Perhaps they didn't have anything to do with it Buktop? MP_MK clearly had something to do with it. Can a parrellel be drawn between the two? You enlighten us.

Quite frankly I'm tired of all this UMD banter. What have they done thus far and what are they going to do next? Who bloody well cares.

I was excited by their commitment to the cause when they first came on the scene. I was surprised at the launch of the UMD Visa card. Then again excited when Meto stood up and put it to Dora at a US press conference.

What's Meto done recently other than raise a lot of questions about his own character and integrity.

Guys, why do you stand at his defence so vigilantly? He is big boy. He can defend himself. Or at least put to bed all this rubbish. Instead it continues. Why?
                        I am asking if there is any direct evidence that the UMD directly ordered South Australians to suppress the video until their arrival to AUS? I am asking this in defense of MP_MK and others who actually attempted to do something about the issue, rather than those who stood on the side and concocted UMD conspiracy theories and wasted their time speculating on motives rather than raising awareness. A great deal of time is wasted on baseless accusations and an awful lot of people seem eager to accept theory as reality.

I am not standing at Meto's defense, I am defending other Macedonians from themselves and from being detrimental to other initiatives.

There was a person on this forum that claimed he withdrew monetary support from the Australian Macedonian Film Festival because he believed UMD was involved in organizing it, even though they clearly weren't. What does that tell you Mikail? This whole issue is proving to be yet another factor in the division of the Diaspora, and rather than working through our differences, we are quick to ostracize those that differ in opinion.

Comment

• Buktop
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          It has to make you wonder, doesn't it? Buktop, Volk, MP_MK and TK (who was probably Meto himself) are oblivious to all the negativity, instead they say, zosho se karame? They find Meto's lies acceptable, they find his manipulation of statements acceptable, they find his compromises acceptable, they find his Serb dancing at promotional Macedonian events acceptable, etc, etc, or, at the very least, tolerable. That's why there is only a handful of them that think this way, and thank God for that.

The rest (and most) of the Macedonians find it dispicable.
                          SoM, there are obviously plenty of Macedonians who find the work of the UMD very positive, their tour of AUS is proof enough.

We clearly disagree on the interpretation of certain statements and actions, I will not indulge the arguments again as we have worn the topics out.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Their tour of Australia is "proof" of nothing but cheap PR tactics and friendly favours, the people who know what this fool stood and still stands for will tell you how 'positive' his money-wasting trip was. Unless you are more of an authority on Macedonians in Australia and know the community here better than I do, Buktop? I know we disagree on interpretations, I know that I see "democratic" and you see ".....", if you don't want to indulge then don't open a line of discussion on that topic. UMD's Australian support is weak, not that it has ever been strong, it will be virtually non-existent sooner rather than later.

Tell me, do you find his Serbian dancing on this "very positive" Macedonian promotional tour appropriate? Come on, let's see if you will drop your logic into the gutter again and re-interpret this differently? Volk doesn't seem to care, Prolet has difficulties making the distinction between listening to music and dancing to it during a Macedonian event that is meant to be 'patriotic', let's see what you come up with.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              Their tour of Australia is "proof" of nothing but cheap PR tactics and friendly favours, the people who know what this fool stood and still stands for will tell you how 'positive' his money-wasting trip was. Unless you are more of an authority on Macedonians in Australia and know the community here better than I do, Buktop? I know we disagree on interpretations, I know that I see "democratic" and you see ".....", if you don't want to indulge then don't open a line of discussion on that topic. UMD's Australian support is weak, not that it has ever been strong, it will be virtually non-existent sooner rather than later.

Tell me, do you find his Serbian dancing on this "very positive" Macedonian promotional tour appropriate? Come on, let's see if you will drop your logic into the gutter again and re-interpret this differently? Volk doesn't seem to care, Prolet has difficulties making the distinction between listening to music and dancing to it during a Macedonian event that is meant to be 'patriotic', let's see what you come up with.
                              I can see how some of you would be upset, I personally feel there are bigger issues than choice of dance, it is not like he was playing the Serb national anthem or anything like that.

But may I ask, did anyone at the dinner dispute or protest his choice of oro? Did anyone else join him in the dance? If there is a video can I see it?

Comment

• Mikail
                                • Sep 2008

People did dispute it. That is what I was told at the AMHRC dinner by someone who's opinion I respect and was present and part of the kerfuffle regarding the Serbian Dance request.

Dancing what ever dance is no issue. The President requesting a Serbian dance at a Macedonian function promoting Macedonian patriotism/rights/cause is an issue.

Meto keeps making these little mistakes which shows his naivety on such issues. He needs to appologise and see such things will never happen again rather than ignore what is going on and sit back and read others fighting in his defense.

I'm not having a go at those who may believe there is nothing to read into these naive actions. I'm having a go at Meto for creating the problem and not addressing it.

Address the issues around yourself and UMD Meto and put an end to this constant bickering.

All this is non-productive and taking attention away from real issues we need to address.

Comment

Working...
                                X