Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Also, I take it that these clips are prohibited from public TV in Greece, can anybody confirm?
    i cant answer if the clips are prohibited, But what the Hell was this "OHI OHI OHI OHI" all about by the host when Pavle started talking in Macedonian. I want That Chic guy that is Macedonian then polish then Greek, to come back and explain again about the freedom he claims that we can speak the Macedonian language.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      I never met this guy. But met many like him in language and motivations in Macedonia. Very common dialect. How did you find it SoM?
      Music to my ears, love the way sentences are formed and the selection of words (sho sne nie!), in that respect, almost identical to mine, and overall not very far from mine, at all. In particular, despite the marginal differences between the dialects in Lerinsko and Bitolsko the way he articulates during speech is the way I would hear it in conversations among my parents, uncles, aunties, etc; starsko, and dare I say, in many respects, cisto.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Oh, and I played it back around 5 or 6 times in a row, lol.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Risto the Great, you would appreciate this guys way of speaking and dialect I am sure.

YouTube - ΨΗΦΟ ΣΤΟ ΟΥΡΑΝΙΟ ΤΟΞΟ - ĎηφοφόĎος

Who is this guy from Ovcharani, Jane Ashlakov, an activist or just a regular Macedonian?
          Arno zborish Dedo, Grtsite mozhat da lazhat kolku sakaat ama duri si zhiv vistinata che pobedi!
          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

In particular, despite the marginal differences between the dialects in Lerinsko and Bitolsko the way he articulates during speech is the way I would hear it in conversations among my parents, uncles, aunties, etc; starsko, and dare I say, in many respects, cisto.
            Can you believe how close the language is without one scrap of education in the native Macedonian language in occupied Macedonia?

I say Bitolski should be the standardised dialect!
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Can you believe how close the language is without one scrap of education in the native Macedonian language in occupied Macedonia?

I say Bitolski should be the standardised dialect!
              That is what amazed me, the guy spoke Macedonian extremely well, with several of the characteristics you would find over the border, almost as if he was educated in Macedonian as spoken in Lerinsko.

If Bitolski was the standardised dialect in the republic, I have no doubt that it would help many 'guarded' Macedonians in Greece embrace their kinship with their brethren in the north. Misirkov's attempt was not very far off the mark at all.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

If Bitolski was the standardised dialect in the republic, I have no doubt that it would help many 'guarded' Macedonians in Greece embrace their kinship with their brethren in the north. Misirkov's attempt was not very far off the mark at all.
                Spot on A.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• AMHRC
                  De-registered
                  • Sep 2009

AMHRC/MHRMI Condemn European Betrayal of OMO "ILINDEN" Pirin

AMHRC/MHRMI Condemn European Betrayal of OMO “ILINDEN” PIRIN

Melbourne, Australia and Toronto, Canada – 6/12/09 - The Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee and Macedonian Human Rights Movement International, have written in protest to the Council of Europe after an appalling decision was taken by the Committee of Ministers (COM - 1/12/09) in Strasbourg, to end the monitoring of the execution of the 2005 judgement of the European Court of Human Rights involving Bulgaria and the de-registration of OMO “Ilinden” PIRIN.

The COM decided to close the case without requiring the re-registration of the party. This was done without proper justification and it is astounding, when coupled with the fact that the Council of Europe’s Commissioner for Human Rights, Thomas Hammarberg, as recently as last November, criticised Bulgaria in regard to this very issue (see the report on the AMHRC website).

It is outrageous that this body of the Council of Europe has in effect colluded with the Bulgarian authorities to further suppress the already marginalised. Foucault’s dictum, on the permanent presence of power in the governance of all interactions, whether micro or macro, is proved once more. However, we find it shocking that it has been here exhibited so blatantly and crudely.

The spirit of modern Europe is supposed to be about enabling the excluded to frame their marginality in a manner that increases their liberty. The decision taken in Strasbourg by the Committee of Ministers charged with overseeing the full execution of judgements of the European Court of Human Rights, has in practice enabled Bulgarian discrimination to utilise the registration process for the purpose of accurately identifying its ‘target’ in order to further bully it. Co-President of OMO, Stojko Stojkov, has informed AMHRC/MHRMI, that this, among other things, was made clear to the COM in an official communication from OMO just days (27/11/09) prior to the COM’s unjust decision. Stojkov pointed out that OMO has demonstrated on many occasions to the COM, “...irregularities in court proceedings, police pressure and intimidation of the members of the party” in Bulgaria. The OMO communication to the COM, also prophetically explained that it would be discriminatory on the part of COM to decide to end OMO’s registration process, as this would contradict earlier actions on the part of the COM, “...which has supervised the outcome of the proceedings initiated by the applicants [of other stifled minority parties] following the judgements of the court to have their parties registered anew.” Embarrassingly for Europe, it was to no avail.

OMO has affirmed that it will not permit this setback to halt its work. OMO currently has two new applications pending before the European Court of Human Rights. Depending on the results of these cases, OMO may be able to avoid the tedious process of beginning registration once more. We, the representatives of the AMHRC/MHRMI, demand that European institutions cease this discriminatory ‘raising of the bar’ for Macedonians and take immediate action to reverse the inequity of the COM decision.

For those interested in making a contribution to support the courageous human rights struggles of OMO “ILINDEN” Pirin, please visit the websites of the AMHRC and MHRMI. These are the Macedonian NGO’s that have provided (and still provide) technical, logistical and financial aid for OMO “ILINDEN” Pirin, since the party’s foundation in 1999.

Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non governmental organisation that informs and advocates to governments, international institutions and broader communities about combating discrimination and promoting basic human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, or contact AMHRC at [email protected] or via +61 3 93298960.

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information, please visit www.mhrmi.org, or contact MHRMI at 416-850-7125, or [email protected].

Comment

• Pavel
                    • Oct 2009

good to support pirin

We don't hear enough bout pirin - good to see they are getting support.

Comment

• AMHRC
                      De-registered
                      • Sep 2009

The AMHRC Review Spring 2009

Greetings from the editor

Welcome to the new quarterly AMHRC review.

As you know, we have been producing an annual review for many years now. However, due to member requests, we have decided to release a seasonal quarterly review. Each season’s issue will contain both already released media as well as original pieces, such as a regular column by Tom Dimitrov.

As you will be able to see, this quarter has been a busy one for us and our partner organisations across the world, including the Macedonian Human Rights Movement International in Canada (MHRMI), European Free Alliance – Rainbow in Greece, and OMO “Ilinden” Pirin in Bulgaria.

In November, the AMHRC participated in the reception of Macedonian Prime Minister Gruevski, who delivered a rousing speech to the Macedonian community. We also took the opportunity to spend an afternoon with a Macedonian Parliamentary delegation of MPs and discuss means of further co-operation between AMHRC and the Macedonian Parliament in the future.

In other news during this quarter, the European Free Alliance - Rainbow opened up a new office on the main street of Edessa, erecting a bilingual (Macedonian/Greek) sign. This was a momentous occasion for the Macedonian community in Greece, and a great way to once again urge the Greek government to finally end its denial of the existence of a Macedonian minority in Greece.

With the support of AMHRC and MHRMI, OMO “Ilinden” Pirin, in September of this year, held a protest in Strasburg in front of the European Parliament and the Council of Europe in an attempt to raise awareness of the organisation’s inability to re-register as a political party, as well as to foster a general recognition of the Macedonian minority in Bulgaria.

This is just a brief overview of recent activities of AMHRC and our partner organisations. We have many more events planned for the future. For updates on those activities, stay tuned for the next quarter’s review and keep an eye on the AMHRC website at www.macedonianhr.org.au.

Finally, if you have already become a member of the AMHRC or have donated in the past, I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your support. If you are not yet a member, I urge you to become one and extend your support to the AMHRC and the other bodies which we back financially, such as EFA Rainbow and OMO “Ilinden” Pirin.

On behalf of all the members of the AMHRC, I thank you once again for your support and hope you find this issue informative and interesting. Also, I would like to wish you a happy holiday season.

Ljubica Durlovska
                      Editor

To read the whole issue, please click the link:

Comment

• AMHRC
                        De-registered
                        • Sep 2009

Positions Vacant

Position Vacant: Membership Manager (Any Location)

About Us
                        Formed in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee is an Australian based non-government organisation that informs and advocates to governments, international institutions and broader communities about combating discrimination and promoting basic human rights. The aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities in Australia and throughout the world are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. We are seeking a Membership Manager to help continue the transformation of our organization.

The Role
                        The key objective of this role is to Manage and administer the Membership database including Membership acquisition and retention campaigns. It will require communication with members by email, phone, mail and face-to-face as required.

The primary responsibility of this role will be to service and retain the current membership base and recapture past members. The key duties include processing membership applications and updating the membership database to ensure that our database is fully populated with key contact information.

Over time you will be expected to implement strategies to assist the committee in demonstrating to our valued membership base the outstanding work the AMHRC continues to do.

You will also be integrally involved in the development and implementation of activities to grow the membership base and transform the current management process and assist in AMHRC events.

The Person/s
                        As this is a voluntary position, it would be expected that at least three hours a week could be donated to the tasks listed above. We will consider more than one person for this role. Accordingly we encourage applications from all people irrespective of their existing skill sets. In our eyes the most important attribute is a willingness to contribute and learn.

Age is no limit and we encourage younger people wishing to gain experience and use the AMHRC for the purpose of building their own CV’s and getting a foot in the door in the paid workforce to apply. The committee would consider helping and supporting the right person/s to obtain new skills through short courses. We also encourage anyone who may be highly competent or skilled in this type of work to contribute in a supervisory capacity.

To Apply
                        To express interest for the position please send your current CV and an application letter outlining your interest and qualifications to [email protected] to the attention of the Business Manager.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Hi AMHRC,
                          please provide a link for membership details. Or provide the details here.

thanks
                          Risto
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• AMHRC
                            De-registered
                            • Sep 2009

Thanks for your interest Risto; let us post this second vacancy advertisement and then we shall post the membership details - cheers.

Positions: Online Manager &/or Copywriter (Any Location)

About Us
                            Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is an Australian based non-government organisation that informs and advocates to governments, international institutions and broader communities about combating discrimination and promoting basic human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities in Australia and throughout the world are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. As we continue to add to and optimise our website and growing online presence, we are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Online Manager & Copywriter to join our organization.

The Role
                            This is a diverse role, which will see you assisting in the development, production and posting of web content whilst also expanding the presence of the AMHRC in social networking forums. Importantly you will lead the transformation of the way the AMHRC communicates with its constituency and you will be responsible for maintaining a focus on quality and keep in mind our users’ experience.

You will also be involved in a range of other tasks as are required to assist the other AMHRC committee members to evolve and build AMHRCs’ web presence and traffic.

Tasks include:
                            • Research & development and production of web content. As required you will assist with formulating marketing/public relations materials and other copywriting as required
                            • Significant copyediting of web content and other text as required such as our quarterly magazine
                            • Maintain our presence on social networking sites
                            • Assess the feasibility of implementing new initiatives
                            • Sourcing of images from photo library suppliers
                            • Other tasks as required from time to time.

The Person/s
                            As this is a voluntary position, it would be expected that at least three hours a week could be donated to the tasks listed above. We will consider more than one person for this role. Accordingly we encourage applications from all people irrespective of their existing skill sets. In our eyes the most important attribute is a willingness to contribute and/or learn.

Age is no limit and we encourage younger people wishing to gain experience and use the AMHRC for the purpose of building their own CV’s and getting a foot in the door in the paid workforce to apply. The committee would consider helping and supporting the right person obtain new skills through short courses. We also encourage anyone who may be highly competent or skilled in this area to contribute in a supervisory capacity.

Role Requirements
                            • Ability to write, develop and edit content – to meet deadlines and to reflect the committee’s highest quality standards
                            • Ability to develop/follow in-house style guide and to make changes and additions to the style guide as required
                            • Ability to generate ideas and to think creatively about online content and other aspects of the AMHRC’s business
                            • Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment and take ownership of projects and deliverables as required
                            • MS Office experience.

To Apply
                            To express interest for the position please send your current CV and an application letter outlining your interest and qualifications to [email protected] to the attention of the Business Manager.

Comment

• AMHRC
                              De-registered
                              • Sep 2009

AMHRC Membership

Macedonian Minorities Support Fund

Since its inception the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) has provided financial support to the Macedonian minorities in Greece and Bulgaria and Albania. In 2004, the AMHRC decided to streamline and consolidate donations to these minority groups by establishing the Macedonian Minorities Support Fund.

Annual membership fees are as follows:
                              • Adults $120.00
                              • Students & Pensioners $60.00

This fund, apart from serving to maintain our advocacy work in Australia and Europe in general, provides regular financial assistance to the European Free Alliance Rainbow (Vinozito), the political party of the Macedonian minority of Greece and to OMO-Ilinden- Pirin, a political party in Bulgaria defending the rights of the Macedonian minority. The financial aid allows the parties to staff their offices, conduct their domestic activities and lobby internationally for the recognition of the Macedonian minority in their respective countries.

As a member of the "Macedonian Minorities' Support Fund" you are automatically a member of the Australian-Macedonian Human Rights Committee.

Bank Transfer/Direct Deposit
                              Directly deposit your membership fee into the following Westpac bank account:
                              Account Name Macedonian Human Rights Committee of Melbourne and Victoria
                              BSB 033365
                              Account No 189484

Important: If you directly deposit your membership fee into the above mentioned bank account please inform us or else we will not be able to identify you.

Personal Cheque/Australia Post Money Order
                              Cheque or Money Order made out to the Macedonian Human Rights Committee. Please send it together with your name, address, telephone number and email address to the following postal address:

Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee
                              Suite 106, Level 1
                              55 Flemington Rd
                              North Melbourne, 3051
                              Victoria, Australia

Pay Pal for credit card payments is available on our website.

Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non governmental organisation that informs and advocates to governments, international institutions and broader communities about combating discrimination and promoting basic human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, or contact AMHRC at [email protected] or via +61 3 93298960.

Comment

• AMHRC
                                De-registered
                                • Sep 2009

MHRMI and AMHRC Condemn Greece's Continued Blacklisting of Ethnic Macedonians

MHRMI and AMHRC Condemn Greece's Continued Blacklisting of Ethnic Macedonians

Toronto, Canada and Melbourne, Australia (December 22, 2009) -- Greece continues to blacklist Macedonians who are
                                active in human rights organizations abroad or who are political refugees*. The latest reported incident occurred on
                                December 19, 2009, when Macedonian citizen, Nikola Kosturski, a member of the Association of Child Refugees (Detsa
                                Begaltsi) in Bitola, was denied entry because he "is a person for whom an alert has been issued for the purposes of
                                refusing entry" and is "in the national register".

Greece's blacklisting of ethnic Macedonians affects citizens of Canada, Australia, the United States, and many
                                Western European countries.

MHRMI and AMHRC ask the governments of these countries, among others, to protect the rights of their citizens and
                                demand from Greece that this practice be ceased immediately or face repercussions. Furthermore, we ask that Greece
                                be forced to provide a reason why certain individuals are refused entry and why Greece's blacklist contains only
                                members of ethnic minorities.

MHRMI and AMHRC call on Macedonians abroad to contact our organizations if they have been denied entry into Greece,
                                or have experienced discrimination by Greek Consulates or Embassies worldwide.

*This year marks the 61st anniversary of the evacuation by the International Red Cross of 28,000 Macedonian children
                                (Detsa Begaltsi), aged 2-14, during the Greek Civil War. They were subsequently stripped of their Greek citizenship
                                and have been consistently denied entry into Greece simply because they assert their Macedonian ethnic identity.
                                They were excluded from the 1982 law that allowed the free return of political refugees who were “Greek by genus”.

###

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for
                                Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information, please visit www.mhrmi.org, or contact
                                MHRMI at 416-850-7125, or [email protected].

Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non governmental organisation that
                                informs and advocates to governments, international institutions and broader communities about combating
                                discrimination and promoting basic human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other
                                excluded groups throughout the world are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more
                                information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, or contact AMHRC at [email protected] or via +61 3

Comment

Working...
                                X