• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Royal Hellas
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
    you live in australia royal hellas, how would you compare the so called macedonian hatred of greeks withe the greek hatred of macedonians and turks.
    Please clarify your question.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Yugoslavia was an acceptable term in a certain context, not as an ethnic label, during this period the Macedonian identity was alive and well as it is today, Macedonians from the states of Greece and Yugoslavia knew who they were and interacted well.

This problem with Greece did not begin with Macedonian independence from Yugoslavia, it only intesified from then on Greece viewed the Macedonian state with suspicion and disdain, as it represented a long supressed matter they did not want re-opened.

RH, being from Australia, you would surely know that 90% of the Greeks here grew up with Macedonians in school and as neighbours, and nearly all of these Greeks to a tee referred to the Macedonians as Macedonians. They still do, unless they are at a soccer match or among extremists, you should know this for a fact.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Royal Hellas
        Banned
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Yugoslavia was an acceptable term in a certain context, not as an ethnic label, during this period the Macedonian identity was alive and well as it is today, Macedonians from the states of Greece and Yugoslavia knew who they were and interacted well.

This problem with Greece did not begin with Macedonian independence from Yugoslavia, it only intesified from then on Greece viewed the Macedonian state with suspicion and disdain, as it represented a long supressed matter they did not want re-opened.

RH, being from Australia, you would surely know that 90% of the Greeks here grew up with Macedonians in school and as neighbours, and nearly all of these Greeks to a tee referred to the Macedonians as Macedonians. They still do, unless they are at a soccer match or among extremists, you should know this for a fact.
        Two of my Greek friends got married to Maks.
        One in 1989 and the other in 1991.

At both weddings we knew the others as Yugoslavi and called them as such with no animosity like you would get today.

The Yugoslavi were not from Greek Macedonia and I don't know if this plays a part in the ill feeling we have today between our peoples.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Royal Hellas View Post
          Two of my Greek friends got married to Maks.
          One in 1989 and the other in 1991.

At both weddings we knew the others as Yugoslavi and called them as such with no animosity like you would get today.

The Yugoslavi were not from Greek Macedonia and I don't know if this plays a part in the ill feeling we have today between our peoples.
          Gee, I am feeling old.
          I can categorically say no Macedonian referred to himself as a "Yugoslav" pre 1991 and certainly not after. Stop playing your games here boy.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

when a macedonian meets a greek and the greek tells him he is a greek, the macedonian does not challenge him or attempt to offer up a lesson in modern greek history. wheras everytime i meet a greek they start telling me who i am and lecturing me about my history. why is that the grand son of pure albanians or vlachs feels he has the moral authority to engage me in a debate about my macedonianism.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Nice story, some of them could have found it acceptable to be called Yugoslavi in a certain context while Macedonia was still a part of Yugoslavia, but if you are trying to say that this is the way the Macedonians at the function referred to their songs, their people and language, then I think your story is a little fib.

Besides, I am not talking about weddings, you yourself would also have known Macedonians and will have referred to them as such. You can deny it if you wish, but this is a fact, I lived it, I still do. Oh, apart from soccer matches
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Royal Hellas
                Banned
                • Sep 2008

Thats my story and my experience. We still call them Yugoslavi.

I didn't know of any Macedonians at school. Once again, only Yugoslavs.

I don't do soccer matches, as they are for malakes.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Absolute rubbish.
                  SoM, if you want ... have normal dialogue with this liar ... I will just leave my pinky on the BAN button. Insidious lies.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

You are lying RH, I as a Macedonian don't see any of these people and you as a Greek magically see "Yugoslavs"? Please, come back with something better mate, what you say does not reflect reality.

I think you are writing what you would like to believe, its ok to dream I suppose.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Absolute rubbish.
                      SoM, if you want ... have normal dialogue with this liar ... I will just leave my pinky on the BAN button. Insidious lies.
                      Do as you will Risto, it seems that this guy wants to come across as moderate while trying to push a certain line of lies here, what he is saying is clearly bullshit.

Mavni go ako sakas

Comment

• Royal Hellas
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

You guys are weird. Why is it that you cannot accept my experiences.?

No wonder we have issues in the political arena.

Where is the trust?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

You have been saying Macedonians described themselves as Yugoslavi in Australian schoolgrounds. NEVER have I ever heard such utterances. Of absolute ridicule is yoru suggestion you never even heard any of them calling themselves Macedonian prior to 1991.

How can you people lie straight in bed?
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Royal Hellas
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            You have been saying Macedonians described themselves as Yugoslavi in Australian schoolgrounds. NEVER have I ever heard such utterances. Of absolute ridicule is yoru suggestion you never even heard any of them calling themselves Macedonian prior to 1991.

How can you people lie straight in bed?
                            The school I attended did not have any Macedonians. What is so hard to accept?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

So that means they don't exist? Hehehe, you're a joker mate, nothing more.

Macedonians are known all over Australia as Macedonians, the Macedonian language is one of the most used minority languages in the country, please point me to the Yugoslavi people and language that only you seems to see, I am interested to see this evidence of this endangered species apart from your own 'experiences' while creating fictions with uncle Kostas over a few ouzos.

Comment

• Royal Hellas
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2008

I didn't say they don't exist. Don't attempt to twist my words SOM. Accept the reality I have experienced here.
                                Maybe the Maks back then didn't openly define themselves as such, how do you know what they called themselves.
                                Today the Macedonians all over Australia identify as such, no problem, their language is used in the country, but don't turn a blind eye to the fact that the Australian Government offers them no recognition either. There is a reason for this, even if it is a bitter pill to swallow.

Comment

Working...
                                X