Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

I agree that it's more than a name change.If we change our name Greece can demand the rest of Macedonia..Also greece doesnot have to say it has Macedonian minorities.The agenda is a huge loss to macedonia.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Rhen calls on EU to make brave decision on Macedonia

Wednesday, 25 November 2009

Macedonia is ready to start the Union's accession negotiations and there is still a possibility for settling the name row ahead of the EU Summit in December, EU Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn said on Wednesday.

Resolving of the name problem would add to Macedonia's chances to get a date, Radio Deutsche Welle-Macedonian language programme quoted Rehn's address before the the Joint Parliamentary Committee EU-Macedonia in Strasbourg.

The EU Enlargement Commissioner noted Macedonia's progress towards the membership, pointing out that the country is capable to start the negotiations with the Union.

Rehn called on MEPs to encorage their governments to make a brave decision on Macedonia in line with the EU strategic interests, which also includes the enlargement process.

Earlier, Committee Chairman Jorgo Chatzimarkakis told MEPs that they should discuss on country's progress not its name. There is new momentum in Greece-Macedonia relations, he said, pointing out that expectations from upcoming meeting of PMs George Papandreou and Nikola Gruevski should not be too high. However, this meeting should be encouraged, he added.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

I used to think it was a realistic outcome. But the more I dwell on it, the more it occurs to me that it will be the souvlaki that broke the Macedonian's back in Greece.

Unacceptable.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• chicagoan
          Banned
          • Nov 2009

well guys..just so you know.
          The more hardline you get on this issue the more losses you will incur on yourselves.

Comment

• Coolski
            • Sep 2008

.. and that's something you people have learnt by experience. Now, all you need to do is crawl back to the position that every other country is, and respect Macedonia's sovereign right to name herself.
            - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
            - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• chicagoan
              Banned
              • Nov 2009

yes...we do know this from experience.
              Apparantly the name macedonia means a lot to more than one group of ppl. I dont think there is an example anywhere else in this world. It trully is a dilemma. We all got to show some maturity in this.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by chicagoan View Post
                yes...we do know this from experience.
                Apparantly the name macedonia means a lot to more than one group of ppl. I dont think there is an example anywhere else in this world. It trully is a dilemma. We all got to show some maturity in this.
                I guess the maturity you speak of would be required when Greece renames itself as Macedonia. Otherwise, Greece needs to stick its dummy back in its mouth.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
                  • Sep 2008

It would be to abandon the Macedonians in Greece. Would they be know as North Macedonians then?

Comment

• chicagoan
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2009

slovenec ^^^

have ANY OF YOU EVER BEEN TO GREECE ?

seriously..you guys dont have a clue.

Comment

• chicagoan
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      I guess the maturity you speak of would be required when Greece renames itself as Macedonia. Otherwise, Greece needs to stick its dummy back in its mouth.
                      I prefer to be allies. Thats my approach to it.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

If you had to pick chic, which one would it be? go on cast your vote. Or are you vetoing it
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• chicagoan
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2009

Bill, I would pick a mutual acceptable solution
                          Its there too...just got to ease up on the hate.

It will come in time..im sure of it.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

As I stated in one of the first posts, the whole situation is unacceptable, but let's be realistic, can we force Greece to recognize us by our real name?

For all of those who have selected unacceptable, please provide an alternative solution that is realistic and can be realized. I want to hear people's thoughts above their selected option, something workable and more than just an emotional opinion on a forum......would it be better for Macedonia to completely ignore Greece? Where would the Macedonian minority in Greece then be left?
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by chicagoan View Post
                              Bill, I would pick a mutual acceptable solution
                              Its there too...just got to ease up on the hate.

It will come in time..im sure of it.
                              Factually, there is no such thing. Greece is completely in the wrong and purely the instigator. Whatever suggestion you have is not acceptable to us, because you want to develop a bilateral issue into an international one. The truth is, nobody gives a shit about how Macedonia calls itself apart from Greece, so on that level, bilateral, can it ever come close to "mutually acceptable". And this will be at the cost of eternally poisoned relations between us, because of your racist government and politicians.

Can you accept that? Or do you want to dictate to the world how they should call Macedonia?
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• chicagoan
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Factually, there is no such thing. Greece is completely in the wrong and purely the instigator. Whatever suggestion you have is not acceptable to us, because you want to develop a bilateral issue into an international one. The truth is, nobody gives a shit about how Macedonia calls itself apart from Greece, so on that level, bilateral, can it ever come close to "mutually acceptable". And this will be at the cost of eternally poisoned relations between us, because of your racist government and politicians.

Can you accept that? Or do you want to dictate to the world how they should call Macedonia?

This is a name that does not belong to you. Im NOT saying you do not have a right to use it. Im saying that you cannot claim ownership of it.
                                Once you understand this...relations will get a lot better.

We WERE the instigators... Now Gruevski has taken that role. What kind of a moron allows swastikas on highways anyway....

Comment

Working...
                                X