• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volk
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
    Volk
    I'm sure SOM will respond in due course, just to point out the obvious and the point I beleive he was making :-
    The poniting out of the breach of the IA and it's subsequent defence to Clinton, demonstrates the willingness and acceptance of the IA by whoever is advocating it - whether it's UMD, me or you! The message I get from SOM is end the negotiations and terminate the IA, and stop pointing towards the IA saying "look Greece is in breach of this agreement" - because that is an admission that you accept the IA and all it's implications, including the acronym!
    I understand that point of view, however I think it can be interpreted by other ways also which are not so black and white.

The major issue for me is that most Macedonian organizations have a roll to play for the cause (except MPO), some are more 'moderate' than others in order to maintain relevance in their particular political environment. Understanding but not overlooking this an important point.
    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
      if your referring to this

So what? Macedonia signed it and upheld it, greece broke it. and what?
      I dont see how them pointing this out to H. Clinton means they all of a sudden do not call on Macedonia to end the negotiations. They have called the Macedonians to do this have they not?

What is of greater significance, pointing out to Clinton what has happened or telling the MKD government to end the 'negotiations'?

My credibility is not measured by me seeing eye to eye with your interpretations of UMD statements. If that's your measure I could not care less.
      Volk, you need lessons in basic comprehension skills. When one uses the violation of the Interim Accord AS THE BASIS for their argument and CALL FOR THE OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE IA TO BE MET (!?!?!?!??!), that means they are in support of the Interim Accord. Besides, there was much more than what you quoted in that letter.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

I understand that point of view, however I think it can be interpreted by other ways also which are not so black and white.

The major issue for me is that most Macedonian organizations have a roll to play for the cause (except MPO), some are more 'moderate' than others in order to maintain relevance in their particular political environment. Understanding but not overlooking this an important point.
        Volk
        If could sum it up I would say that I just want to be Macedonian - nothing else, not northern,new,skopjian, fyromnian. So for me it is unacceptable to suggest anything else or be associated to anything else or have to compromise anything to with being Macedonian. To use the IA as a means of reference or defence is to play into the hands of our detractors.
        As Indigen would say - so pochit.
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
          Volk
          If could sum it up I would say that I just want to be Macedonian - nothing else, not northern,new,skopjian, fyromnian. So for me it is unacceptable to suggest anything else or be associated to anything else or have to compromise anything to with being Macedonian. To use the IA as a means of reference or defence is to play into the hands of our detractors.
          As Indigen would say - so pochit.
          I dont disagree with you at all, I would add that the government should end any 'talks' on national suicide.

Volk, you need lessons in basic comprehension skills. When one uses the violation of the Interim Accord AS THE BASIS for their argument and CALL FOR THE OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE IA TO BE MET (!?!?!?!??!), that means they are in support of the Interim Accord. Besides, there was much more than what you quoted in that letter.
          UMD are trying to paint the picture of Macedonia as a victim to Clinton (we have just witnessed where she stands), as a good little trooper that does exactly what its told. Unfortunately that has got us stuff all so its time for a change in strategy.
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• AMHRC
            De-registered
            • Sep 2009

As we understand it, John Hyde, in cooperation with others, is indeed striving for Australia to recognise Macedonia's name. We think it would be wise for as many Macedonians in Australia as possible, especially those in Western Australia, to contact Mr Hyde’s office and express their gratitude and support for his efforts.

John Hyde MLA
            446 William Street
            Perth, WA 6000
            Tel: (08) 9227 8040
            Fax: (08) 9227 8060
            Email: [email protected]
            Last edited by AMHRC; 07-28-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

AMHRC
              Thanks for the link, I just sent him an email of support for his efforts!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Update:
                After having sent my email I was pleasantly surprised to recieve a response within 3 hours!
                I would urge all MTO members to send an email of thanks and support!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                  • Jan 2009

Want to bump up this thread...
                  I still think this needs to be done.. maybe a wake call up is needed to our Macedonian Politicians and citizens...

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Mikail
                    • Sep 2008

Western Australia getting set to recognise the Republic of Macedonia

"Working for Macedonia"

O Labour MP Perth, Western Australia state and shadow Minister for Culture and Arts. Planning, Multiculturalism and Citizenship John Hyde

29 Jul 2011

His KOSTA Nikolopoulou

According to a telegram «MIA» («Macedonia" News Agency "), the Labour MP Perth, Western Australia state and shadow Minister for Culture and Arts. Planning, Multiculturalism and Citizenship John Hyde, who visited Macedonia, government officials assured the government of Skopje, that supporters of "Macedonia" in Australia, including himself, working for recognition under its constitutional name.

After his meeting with President of the Parliamentary Foreign Policy Committee and outgoing Foreign Minister of FYROM Antonio Milososki said: "In Australia there are firm supporters of the" Republic of Macedonia ". We work to promote recognition of the "Republic of Macedonia" under its constitutional name. We come in order to strengthen relations in Western Australia and the "Republic of Macedonia". Western Australia is currently economic power in Australia. Next week comes to "Macedonia" colleague from the Labour Party. "

For his part, Mr. Milososki, after his meeting with Mr Hyde said that the frequent cooperation between the Parliaments of Australia and Macedonia are in favor of greater political cooperation: "The focus of the" Republic of Macedonia "for increased political contact with the friendly Australia is intense. Here we have a significant "Macedonians" community, which in Australia, particularly in Perth and Western Australia, contributing significantly to the political, economic and cultural life and development of this country. We believe that priority should be trade, political cooperation and certainly cooperation at the multilateral level. We have excellent cooperation within the UN, while the Australians and "Macedonians" soldiers jointly contribute to the ISAF mission in Afghanistan. The approach "Macedonia" and Australia at the political level and personal approach to our Members in Australia can improve Australian policy on issues of national interest and promotion of "Macedonians' ethnic identity and cultural world but also in Australia "Milososki said, thanking Mr. Hyde both for their own efforts and the efforts of his party to promote the national interests of Macedonia.

The statement of Mr. Hyde and hosted the website of the Assembly of Macedonia, where the Australian MP met with the president of the body in the presence of MP MiIorad Dodevski, responsible for Australia, and honorary consul of Macedonia in Australia.

"We are here to strengthen the connections between Western Australia and Macedonia" At the moment Western Australia is one of the Australia's strongest economic region. We are making efforts to acknowledge the Republic of Macedonia under its constitutional name "reportedly assured his interlocutors.
                    Recalled that Australia refused since 1994 to recognize FYROM under its constitutional name, despite the pressures that have received and accepted by the governments.

The former Labor Government in 1994 adopted Kitingk the descriptive FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia), under the decision of the United Nations. The 1994 decision is still valid and confirmed during his recent visit to Greece, the Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd.

The same assertion won by the political leadership of Australia and the members of the National Council during their meetings in Canberra.
                    The "New World" was contacted by Mr. Hyde's office and asked for explanations. By the time we went to press, we had received no response.
                    Meanwhile, the National Council of Western Australia in a letter to Mr. Hyde, remind the Labour political official policy of Australia to the contentious issue of the FYROM name issue, notes the "contradiction" of statements and calls for "a reformulation" of statements, if they correctly attributed to media reports of Macedonia and the communication of the parliament in Skopje.
                    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Mikail
                      • Sep 2008

This news comes via Neos Kosmos. The way its written in the paper is only in Greek and the way they write it is that it is done. The co-operation between WA & Macedonia is strong.
                      From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

self deleted
                        Last edited by Bill77; 07-29-2011, 04:38 AM.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Mikail
                          • Sep 2008

Bill, what Neos Kosmos puts up on their web site is always a watered down version of what they write in the paper. It's all in Greek and what they say in the paper is the government in Perth has recognised Macedonia by its constitutional name.

Thanks for the scoop Neos Kosmos.

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Have sent a thank you email too
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
                              As we understand it, John Hyde, in cooperation with others, is indeed striving for Australia to recognise Macedonia's name. We think it would be wise for as many Macedonians in Australia as possible, especially those in Western Australia, to contact Mr Hyde’s office and express their gratitude and support for his efforts.

John Hyde MLA
                              446 William Street
                              Perth, WA 6000
                              Tel: (08) 9227 8040
                              Fax: (08) 9227 8060
                              Email: [email protected]
                              This politician has committed himself to Macedonians more than any before him. We must express our gratitude and should also offer our collective knowledge on Macedonian affairs to this gentleman. His gesture should really not be undervalued.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

So exactly what where they trying to achieve by doing this?
                                They were hoping to make Greece look bad in front of Clinton for not adhering to the Interim Accord and obliging to call Macedonia by "the term" which has the acronym FYROM.
                                ........ judging someone you know nothing about, because they don't agree with your interpretations of UMD statement...
                                You're judged on what you write, which is indicative of your own perceptions. Nothing more.
                                Self declared king of Macedonia?
                                Lol, grow up you clown.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X