Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Its not an issue I would waste too much time on - a quick, well written email by people who know what they are talking about (historically) and don't fall into ideological traps would be the best way forward. Otherwise, its our own Macedonian Government that needs to be the target of our energy and this has been the case for 20 years.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Thank you volk. Its sad how Macedonians continue to fight for their identity but when gruevski is erasing our symbols from Alexander we have limited credibility I agree with risto . Som is correct no point in responding unless responses are articulated with references
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

SOM is right we need to attack them with the power of the pen but our own govt is not helping & is very divisive & destructive.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski had a meeting Friday with Australian MP Luke Simpkins, also member of the two countries parliamentary group for friendship.

The meeting focused on the bilateral cooperation in the spheres of mutual interest, the Government Information Service said in a press release.

Gruevski extended gratitude to Simpkins on his support of Macedonia's interests and the Macedonian Diaspora in this country in Australian Parliament.

The meeting also tackled the need of bolstering the economic cooperation and inflow of Australian investments to Macedonia.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Zarni
            Banned
            • May 2011

Why have not Australian Macedonians stoped this registration

Australian Macedonian Advisory Council

A clearly misleading and confusing representation

The Organisation is very recent, and isn’t or doesn’t represent Australian-Macedonians and or furthers relations between Australia and the Republic of Macedonia in any way

A DOS attack to bring down this site at least should be called for.

Why isn’t there legal action against the registration of such an entity, they must differentiate themselves as being Greek not buddy the waters

PHP Code:
            [url]www.macedonian.com.au[/url

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Anyone can buy web domains.
              Even non-Macedonians.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Zarni
                Banned
                • May 2011

Not the domain name the entity name is the concern

In Germany, Deutschlands small Macedonian Community successfully blocked a similar Greek venture in the Courts

Then it doesn’t bother Australian-Macedonians I guess.

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
                  Not the domain name the entity name is the concern

In Germany, Deutschlands small Macedonian Community successfully blocked a similar Greek venture in the Courts

Am not sure what legal avenues were pursued in Germany, Australia is under the British Westminster system, perhaps you may enlighten us?
                  Am also noticing in your posts a degree of animosity toward Australian Macedonians which am not understanding why.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Zarni
                    Banned
                    • May 2011

I think Australians have not accomplished a great deal in comparison to the position our own have done for the cause in Canada for example. And for all the dislike of the UMD displayed here, which even though I do understand to a certain extent there is allot of bravado in Australia and when you display that view that critics Australians somehow it is seen as an attack now that I don’t get and frankly can’t be bothered with anyway.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Zarni, I thought you were from Germany.
                      Do you have the details of the court ruling you are referring to?

Originally posted by Zarni
                      You must be young Zarni. You couldn't possibly know the strongest fight for Macedonian rights (anywhere in the world) has always come from the Macedonian Diaspora in Australia. Long before FYROM ever existed I might add.

The Australian government (disappointingly) supports the Macedonian government at the moment. The Macedonian government WANTS to be called FYROM. It has signed agreements and gone to court to enforce this position. The Greeks who want to call themselves Macedonian have a better chance of this in Australia due to the continued wishes of the Macedonian government. Maybe you just don't know this.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Or maybe we have another naive UMD apologist...
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
                          I think Australians have not accomplished a great deal in comparison to the position our own have done for the cause in Canada for example. And for all the dislike of the UMD displayed here, which even though I do understand to a certain extent there is allot of bravado in Australia and when you display that view that critics Australians somehow it is seen as an attack now that I don’t get and frankly can’t be bothered with anyway.
                          Hang on champ, I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself here.
                          Firstly, I think you need to get an understanding of the power of the greek lobby in Australia, which is very well entrenched in both sides of politics in this country.

As an active political community, the Macedonians in Australia are clearly a very long way behind the greeks.

Even from the perspective of influential business people the Macedonian community is lagging behind the accumulated 'wealth' of the greeks.

The Macedonian diaspora in Australia can't be fairly compared to the Macedonians in Canada for most of the points raised above and possibly for the fact that the Macedonians in Australia are spread over a greater geographic area than the Macedonians in Canada are.

Another important factor that makes it unfair to compare both communities (Macedonians in Australia V Canada) is the dynamics of geo-politics.
                          With Canada's membership in NATO and following US recognition of Macedonia, there was possibly more interest for Canada to follow the USA's lead on this matter. That's not to undermine the years of hard work by Macedonian activists in Canada for many decades but an obvious example of some of the differences that exist between what the Australians can achieve compared to their Canadian brothers...

I think you're being extremely misleading by even mentioning UMD in the same post as achievements orchestrated by the Canadian Macedonian community, whist your generalised attack on the Australian Macedonians is childish and petty.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zarni
                            Why have not Australian Macedonians stoped this registration
                            Because we live in a democratic society where freedom of expression, at least internally, is generally respected, irrespective of how stupid it may appear to be. It's the same reason why Macedonian Canadians and Americans haven't been able to stop the registration of groups such as the 'Pan Maggots' association.
                            That is a silly thing to say. Can you tell us what exactly the Macedonian Canadians have done which the Macedonian Australians haven't, in terms of pursuing recognition with their respective governments? Is there a secret weapon or argument that they used which we are ignorant of here in Australia? Fill me in please, because if you have the magical solution, we all want to hear about it.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• rujnovino
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              You couldn't possibly know the strongest fight for Macedonian rights (anywhere in the world) has always come from the Macedonian Diaspora in Australia.
                              RTG, What are you basing this statement on? Care to share any details to back that up?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by rujnovino View Post
                                RTG, What are you basing this statement on? Care to share any details to back that up?
                                Don't you still have some outstanding questions on the UMD Announcements thread? Are you sure you're not a UMD board member - you seem to be using the same tactics. Avoid questions, disappear for a few days and then hope that everyone has forgotten about your dribbling nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X