X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

The Greeks in Diaspora (Australia) Rule out saving Greece

I cant do a copy/paste on this site, but its an interesting read no doubt.

E-Reporter seems to be a very good source, its a new site actually.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• borce
      • Jan 2010

I would agree with this. There was an article on news.com.au a few days back where the vast majority of greeks posting comments from Australia where saying things like -
      the government needs to shut up get there heads out there ar$e and get the country back on track.
      There where 2 comments also saying how they need to stop blaming Turkey, Macedonia and the US, and just get on with it.
      And yes they said Macedonia :-)

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Spolaj Ti Borce,

Do you have the URL?
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• johnMKD
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
          wasnt this during a time of the cold-war? didnt the greeks manage to convince the US that these villages were communist?

us policy to macedonia was dictate by greeks during this period.

"In a Circular Airgram (Dec. 26, 1944) US Secretary of State Edward R. Stettinius, Jr., stated:

This government considers talk of Macedonian “nation,” Macedonian “Fatherland,” or Macedonian “national consciousness” to be unjustified demagoguery representing no ethnic nor political reality, and sees in its present revival a possible cloak for aggressive intentions against Greece."

it seems now that macedonians in the US are dictating policy to macedonia.
          Just to say here that this Circular of 1944 truly exists. I just googled it and there you go:

clearly supporting TajnataKniga's aforementioned statements.
          Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

SoM and Prolet LMAO , am sorry I dont mean to discount what you have said and agree with SoM
            Prolet, kade zhiveash tolku zhesko shto e za bira da im te oladi?
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Look at the date Julie its over 4 months ago, we were in the middle of the summer and it was very hot. It was even hotter in Adelaide i remember Risto telling me that he felt cooled down once he sent out a few invoices.

Na 40 stepeni birite kako voda mi ideja LOL

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Prolet, nothing wrong with a lager or 3 when its hot. I am no lady, much prefer beer to the lolly water "ladies" drinks
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

tajnat kniga you are either very naive very conservative or in the pay of the cia.

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Prolet, it was not 3 years ago - it was less than 3 months ago where he stated Democratic may be suitable prefix.

RTG where is that video link from the Adelaide UMD meeting?

SoM, like yourself, I dont take much credence from hearsay and am a strong enough individual to be able to make up my own mind.

I found it disappointing that UMD dont accurately reflect the voice of the diaspora, but rather work backwards from RoM, and when verbal "blunders" are made, this is not admitted to, but ignored or shrugged off.
                    They would have a lot more supporters Prolet if they did this.And not lost people that were open minded.

Taynata Kniga, whatever it is you are smoking, can I have some?

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
                      Prolet, it was not 3 years ago - it was less than 3 months ago where he stated Democratic may be suitable prefix.

RTG where is that video link from the Adelaide UMD meeting?

SoM, like yourself, I dont take much credence from hearsay and am a strong enough individual to be able to make up my own mind.

I found it disappointing that UMD dont accurately reflect the voice of the diaspora, but rather work backwards from RoM, and when verbal "blunders" are made, this is not admitted to, but ignored or shrugged off.
                      They would have a lot more supporters Prolet if they did this.And not lost people that were open minded.

Taynata Kniga, whatever it is you are smoking, can I have some?
                      Careful what you wish for Julie, he's most likely smoking his buddy if you know what i mean....

Comment

• Mastika
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        Prolet, perhaps you should stop flogging whatever it is that you are flogging, because it is beginning to make you sound a little apologetic for somebody else's errors. I couldn't care less what the circumstances were, the UMD are not the Macedonian Government bre chojache, sho ne mozhish vo toa da razberish? Ako se prai budala vladata, treba i OMD da se prai isto budala? Is the UMD an independent organisation that is supposed to represent the Macedonian Diaspora, or is it a lackey for the Macedonian Government? The UMD's role in that situation, rather than agreeing with a name change as stipulated in the ZMR interview, was to warn the Macedonian Government against any capitulation, as per the wishes of 99% of the Macedonian Diaspora. That is their purpose. The UMD are not the Macedonian Government for the Macedonian Diaspora.
                        The Macedonian government is going to what is in the best interest for its citizens not the citizens of Australia, Canada or Germany. The diaspora can lobby all it like but in the end only those with dual citizenship will be able to legally influence the decision making process by voting. All the non-voters can do is to hope that they can sway popular opinion, but frankly most people are impartial to the views of non-resident Macedonians. The fact is that the diaspora is always going to come back to macedonia to see their relatives and homeland whatever it is called.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
                          The Macedonian government is going to what is in the best interest for its citizens not the citizens of Australia, Canada or Germany. The diaspora can lobby all it like.........The fact is that the diaspora is always going to come back to macedonia to see their relatives and homeland whatever it is called.
                          All of Macedonia's citizens should be considered, but those 'citizens' of Australia, Canada or Germany are Macedonians too, the Macedonian government should take their perspective into consideration if Macedonia is to succeed as the nation-state of the Macedonian people (naturally with full rights for minorities retained).

The UMD's role is to represent the Macedonian Diaspora's perspective. They don't. Does that statement affect you in some way?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mastika
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            All of Macedonia's citizens should be considered, but those 'citizens' of Australia, Canada or Germany are Macedonians too, the Macedonian government should take their perspective into consideration if Macedonia is to succeed as the nation-state of the Macedonian people (naturally with full rights for minorities retained).

The UMD's role is to represent the Macedonian Diaspora's perspective. They don't. Does that statement affect you in some way?
                            Yes I agree with you, but ultimately the politicians making the decision rely on the citizens of Macedonia to keep their income, jobs and support their families.

Macedonia ideally should be the nation-state of the ethnic Macedonian people, however at the moment this isn't the case.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

Will Macedonia ever verse Australia in a Soccer Friendly?

This is something I'd love to happen, Macedonia coming to Australia for a friendly football match. This doesn't seem like an event that would occur anytime soon but what about in the future? Macedonia can only improve over the years and this would definitely make for a great match. Imagine the MCG or Etihad (Melbourne) packed with Macos and Aussies. This is something we need that would even help to unify us.
                              We have a strong Australian based community and i don't see why we couldn't do this provided that politics aren't mixed with the sport, something that would likely surface if this was taken into consideration by the FFA. Hypothetically speaking, how could we bring this to life?
                              If this did occur and we turned up in large numbers, not only would it be great for the sport but it would also expose our community and let Australia know who we are.
                              This may seem like a far fetched idea at the moment, but what of the future?

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

What an awesome event that would be...I would have top security to stop nationalistic Greeks from sabotaging the event though

Comment

Working...
                                X