• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thessalo-niki
    Banned
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Yep. I can't see how 'klini' is connected to 'krevati', and I don't think I will take your word for it alone. What is the origin of the word? What did it originally come from? Is 'klini' more probable that a Macedonian word like 'krevai' which means to carry?
    Klini IS NOT connected with Krevati, as far as I understand. It is an Attic and a Macedonian word that both survived and are used in Modern Greek.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

So why did you make reference to it, and how is it pertinent to the word 'krevati'?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Yep. I can't see how 'klini' is connected to 'krevati', and I don't think I will take your word for it alone. What is the origin of the word? What did it originally come from? Is 'klini' more probable that a Macedonian word like 'krevai' which means to carry?
        Kreva, da krene, raskreva, - to lift, lifting, elevate, erect, get up,pick up, to rise, raises.. and few more simillar, just to point out some of the synonims that are in use by 'kreva' in Macedonian language.

It's pretty much more probable that the meaning of Macedonian word - kreva has been used as the for a bed.

Originally posted by Serdarot View Post
        i wrote above about the usage of diferent words (similar or not is irelevant) to "mark" the diference in "rangs, position in society or some organization.

also i mentioned some Linguistic (NATURAL, not made by Koneski ) rulz of the Macedonian Language, like "izednacuvanje po zvucnost" (equaling by sound), letters changing the places in the word, etc...

i guess you need to understand Macedonian very good to understand how simply it is.

Da = Dai, Dava, Davai, Davaine (eng. give, present)

since pre-Homeric times

and "-skal" -> skol - skola (eng. school, place to learn, also knowledge)

that is definitly connected with A´kl (Akal)

da´aine ak´l so sila ne biva = you can not teeach, you can not give (to) someone with violence, against his own will.
        What I found interesting recently is a term used in medicine - Akalkulia which is the inability to count,to perform mathematical operations. Anyway kalkulira from calculus led me thinking that it's very logical and close to AKAL - KALK - KALKULUS - CALCULATE.

It all connected, as I have earlier mentioned this in another subject where we discussed simmilar words, I think is the thread of the Lexicon from 16th century, it's a common simmilarity among all Balkan languages where the Macedonian language share the highest score among all other languages.

ex.
        Romanian - dascăl, Aromanian - dascal, MK -SR - BG - daskal

8. Lindstedt, J. (2000). "Linguistic Balkanization: Contact-induced change by mutual reinforcement". in D. G. Gilbers & al. (eds.). Languages in Contact ((Studies in Slavic and General Linguistics, 28.) ed.). Amsterdam & Atlanta, GA, 2000: Rodopi. pp. 231–246
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot
          Kreva, da krene, raskreva, - to lift, lifting, elevate, erect, get up,pick up, to rise, raises.. and few more simillar, just to point out some of the synonims that are in use by 'kreva' in Macedonian language.

It's pretty much more probable that the meaning of Macedonian word - kreva has been used as the for a bed.
          It looks probable and makes sense too.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Something interesting about - AKAL

Proto-Semitic *ʾakāl-

Root
            1.to eat
            2.food

(to consume knowledge !?!) as we use to say for someone who have a lot to learn yet, "treba da jadis uste za da me stignis", "gi izel site mozoci pa se pravi pameten"...

[edit] Descendants Akkadian: �� (akālu) [GU7]
            Amharic: እህል (əhl) ("grain")
            Arabic: أكل (’ákala)
            Aramaic:
            Hebrew: אכל (ʾekal)
            Syriac: ܐܟܠ (ʾekal)
            Hebrew: אכל (akhál)
            Phoenician: ������ (ʾkl)
            Tigrinya: እኽሊ (ʾəxəli) ("grain")
            Ugaritic: ������ (ảkl)
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Serdarot
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
              What I found interesting recently is a term used in medicine - Akalkulia which is the inability to count,to perform mathematical operations. Anyway kalkulira from calculus led me thinking that it's very logical and close to AKAL - KALK - KALKULUS - CALCULATE.
              ka nekoi Kalku-li-ra, se prasuva kolku-li-e, meri na-mera so nu-mera.

kak ke nameris bez ak´l
              Bratot:
              Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Serdarot
                • Feb 2010

Pirustia [piru-stija]

a kind of "chair" , mostly with 3 "legs" and a hole (dupka)

it was used to be put in the fire and on it to put the pot / jar / pan (tendjere , tava)

Piru-stia
                Piru-stija
                Piru-STOJA(M)

(In)Fire i Stand

Piru?

As Plato writes, neither Pyr (Fire] nor Udor (Water] are Greek, they were "borrowed" from the NATIVES, the PRE-GREEKS.

Pyr / Pir is Fire in the very old languages. Always we have to keep in mind that Sanskrit, Tamil and Pahlavi were not influenced by the greek or latin, and the (heavy) similarities with the Macedonian language are showing several things:

- that the Macedonian Language is a VERY Old Language (what is denied only by ignorants and blind nationalist)
                - that the modern Greek Language have a lot of Macedonian and "slavic" in it (more than most of the Greek nationalist can digest)
                - that the Ancient Greek Language was heavy influenced by the Natives, the Macedonians and Macedonian Language included to those "Natives", from simple reason when the Ancient Greek Language was created for the needs of the Ancient Greeks, the Ancient Macedonians were already there and had their language and script.
                - the influence that we ALL had and have on eachother, since we exist when Persia ruled us they influenced us and we influenced them, later when the Ancient Macedonians ruled Persia, Bactria and other Teritories, we influenced them, they influenced us, later the same with the Turks who came, etc. The role of the Ancient Greeks in the development of the "global" civilization can not be denied, but to claim all the things the modern Greeks are claiming, is simply funny

why Pirustia greek?
                why not Indian, or Tamil, or Macedonian?

piramam - 01 1. the supreme being; 2. Brahma1; 3. Vis2n2u; 4. Siva; 5. sun; 6. moon; 7. fire

pir-aLay-Akkin2i the fire which destroys the world at the end of a kalpa

pir-apA-karan2 1. the sun, as the source of light; 2. fire-god; 3. the moon

Ајде да си речиме уште една,
                да се сторат три пати, три на крст пиру-стија
                YouTube - Ð’. СтојановÑки - Ðјде да Ñи речиме | V. Stojanovski - Ajde da si recime
                Last edited by Serdarot; 06-30-2010, 03:47 PM.
                Bratot:
                Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Serdarot
                  • Feb 2010

nemu - mu

Bratu
                  Otcu
                  i Sinu
                  i Svjatome Duhu

Ognu
                  Zharu
                  Piru

stija
                  stoja(m)

stoa (eng. i stand)

oposite from

oda (eng. i walk)
                  Bratot:

Comment

• Serdarot
                    • Feb 2010

further, we have

pir (пир)

and

dzir (ѕир)

pirka
                    dzirka

in the Sanskrit/Tamil/Pahlavi Dictionaries and Lexicons, "Pir-" beside fire, is also

the sun, as the source of light
                    1. the supreme being; 2. Brahma1; 3. Vis2n2u; 4. Siva; 5. sun; 6. moon
                    when the light (sun or moon) comes, "mozi da se dzirka"

edit:

above are only 3 examples from Sanskrit/Tamil/Pahlavi, where "pir" stands for "fire". there are so many of them...

feel free to search for yourself further here:

Last edited by Serdarot; 06-30-2010, 04:09 PM.
                    Bratot:

Comment

• Serdarot
                      • Feb 2010

Ра ((н)Ам-Он Ра) / RA ((n)Am-On RA)
                      Рама / RAma
                      бРама / bRAma
                      абРАхам / adRAham
                      мИтРА / mitRA
                      ДЕмЕтРА / DemetRA
                      МудРА / mUdRA
                      ИндРА / IndRA
                      Хера / HeRA
                      ВеНеРа / VeneRA
                      Са-Ра-Ку-Ра / SaRA KuRA
                      Бо-Ра(ро) / BoRA(ro)
                      Ју-Ру-Па-Ра / JuRu-paRA

can someone NOT notice that the "RA" often "have to do" with names of Gods and Demigods?

my excursion will this time be in direction -> Divine Wisdom

Mudra
                      Mitra
                      Mantra

Mudra
                      mUdRA

Mudra, Mudar = Wise
                      Mudrost = Wisdom

so, mU-dRA

it contains "Um" (mU-) , and you definitely need "UM" (brain) to be "mUdar" (wise)

it contains "-dRA" , what can be translated as "gift, present" (dra = dar , it´s "femine" form, masculine form would me muDAR...)

but my opinion is that the real composition of the word is

mU-ud-RA / mU-od-RA

Wisdom from RA (God), God´s Wisdom

why?

couse of the "zt vk" :P (who don´t understand this comparison/answer, pls feel free to ask)

And Who is Wise, if not God?

Po Zdrav
                      Bratot:

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2010

Anatolia, Diaspora, Sparta

Anatolia
                        verb: Anatello (= to rise)
                        noun: Anatoli (= East, Sunrise)
                        Ancient Greek words, used unchanged in Modern Greek

Diaspora
                        verb: Sperno (=to seed, to sow), diaspeiro (=to disseminate, to sow, to thread, to intersperse)
                        noun: spora (seeding), dia-spora (dispersion, dissemination, interspersion, propagasion, diaspora), sparto (crops)
                        adjectives: sporadikos (sporadic, occassional), spartos (sown, scattered)

Comment

• Serdarot
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
                          Anatolia
                          verb: Anatello (= to rise)
                          noun: Anatoli (= East, Sunrise)

Diaspora
                          verb: Sperno (=to seed, to sow), diaspeiro (=to disseminate, to sow, to thread, to intersperse)
                          noun: spora (seeding), dia-spora (dispersion, dissemination, interspersion, propagasion, diaspora), sparto (crops)
                          adjectives: sporadikos (sporadic, occassional), spartos (sown, scattered)
                          ---
                          Anatolia , like Anadolia in Turkey?

if yes, Anatolia is definitly Anadolia

And Ana-dol-ia is

Ana
                          Dol

for the other 2 words, Dia-Spora and Sparta...

i will wait to read some other postings, and write later about diaspora, but about Sparta i guess there are peopel who knows more
                          Bratot:

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2010

Yes, Anatolia (often called Asia Minor). The area of Modern Turkey.
                            Check the {1. Name} paragraph.

Hello Serdarot,
                            My standard reminder: Add the English translation. What is Ana? What is Dol?
                            Last edited by thessalo-niki; 07-16-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Onur
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
                              Yes, Anatolia (often called Asia Minor). The area of Modern Turkey.
                              Check the {1. Name} paragraph.

Hello Serdarot,
                              My standard reminder: Add the English translation. What is Ana? What is Dol?

There is one more explanation for the word "Ana-tolia";

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                              AND it probably means the "motherland" in proper English. Like we Turks call our motherland as "Anadolu"(Anatolia);

Turkish "Ana"= "Mother" in English
                              Turkish "Dolu"= transformed to Turkish from the Arabic originated word "Dunya, dunia" which means "World"

So, "Anadolu" = World of Mother, which we can call it as "Motherland" for proper English translation.

I didn't know that Macedonia also means "motherland" like Anatolia

I don't know which theory is the truth but if it`s a Greek word, then why Greeks deliberately uses the term "Asia minor" instead of Anatolia? It`s like the name of Constantinople. Greeks calls like that even tough it`s Istanbul for more than 500 years.

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                                I don't know which theory is the truth but if it`s a Greek word, then why Greeks deliberately uses the term "Asia minor" instead of Anatolia? It`s like the name of Constantinople. Greeks calls like that even tough it`s Istanbul for more than 500 years.
                                Both terms are Roman. Asia Minor first appears in Latin at about 400 AD.

When Seljuk Turks, first conquered the area of present-day Central Turkey, it's name was already Anatoliko (Eastern Theme) for at least 400 years.

The term Anatolia is a Western version (English? French?) and Greeks never used it in its' exact form. It is impossible that 2 different people, starting from two different origins named separately the same area with almost the same name. It's more likely that Anatoli sounded like Anadolu to them and related it with the meanings you submitted.
                                Greeks use the names Konstantinoupolis or simply Polis (the City), for the reason that... tears and applauses around 2-2:30 minutes come naturally.
                                YouTube - Stamatis Spanoudakis - Marmaromenos Vasilias - Marble King

Comment

Working...
                                X