• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    • Sep 2008

Comment

• Serdarot
      • Feb 2010

lol, under the influence of the football sound behind me, and the strong painkillers, i forgot to mention one of my main reasons for this topik and "word games" at all

Many Macedonians donīt know Macedonian.

Also many of those who understand Macedonian, donīt have the knowledge and time to think about the meaning / history of the words and languages.

And many of us, Macedonians and non-Macedonians, will realise we have more common than some1 is telling us.

Izgara
      σχάρα
      Skara

@Julie:

@Spartan:
      Bratot:
      Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Onur
        • Apr 2010

Modern, as well as "ancient greek" (Koine), are full of "ethymology unknown" / "Archaic".
        Both you and me know the reason of why they write "etymology unknown" because it`s either Macedonian or Turkish. So, they prefer to tag it as "unknown".

And many of us, Macedonians and non-Macedonians, will realise we have more common than some1 is telling us.

Izgara
        σχάρα
        Skara

Yes it`s true Serdarot. I recently learned that there are over 8000+ common words in Macedonian and Turkish. In Greek, there was over 13.000+ Turkish words b4 their language reform and i think they lowered it to 7000+ words today.

Btw, we got "izgara" in Turkish as well. Is it Macedonian or Greek word? Or is it Turkish? I gotta check it

Also i saw someone has been written "Charshi muhabbeti" in forum msg. I lol`ed when i see it cuz it`s kind of negative expression in Turkish. When we say "you are doing carsi muhabbeti" or "bit pazari muhabbeti", It means "you are talking gibberish or bullshit" You are using this for same meaning in Macedonian?
        Last edited by Onur; 06-16-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Serdarot
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post

Btw, we got "izgara" in Turkish as well. Is it Macedonian or Greek word? Or is it Turkish? I gotta check it
          skara is Makedonski
          izgara is Turce
          σχάρα is Eliniki / Modern Greek

do not check itīs roots couse you might burn yourself

Gar is black, dark, also burned
          Gor is Burn

Gori = Burning on Macedonian (and almost on every "slavic" language)

the roots is "indo-european", and its same in Sanskrit.

So i concider it as International Word

Also i saw someone has been written "Charshi muhabbeti" ...
          yap, Charshi(ski) Muabet. But it must not have negative connotation.

about the similarities...

someone say we lived 500 years together / under Turkish occupation

i say bs

i say we live together since the creation of the World.

Whole planet is one Char-Shia.

watching how Spain is getting owned, more to come later.

greetings
          Bratot:
          Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• thessalonikefs
            Banned
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Serdarot View Post
            Rodi-ta is Macedonian, or if you prefer "Slavic"

the base is "Rod"

Na-rod
            Po-rod
            Rod-nina
            Rod-ina

Af-Rodi-ta

is Makedonski, not Greek

So long i am trying to explain that to your officials, nothing will change.

When YOU, the modern Greeks, start ask questions, for example, why has Afrodita perfect explanation in "Skopianiki" , but not in "Eliniki", things will start to change.

p.s.

i would be happy if some modern Greek who is good with linguistic and ethymology join the forum and this debates.

again, it is not the purpose to proove whoīs older of "proto"

purpose is to stop with the crap that is cousing so many suffering.
            OK, I will give some feedback as a Greek; actually, you don't have to be a scientist in linguistics, you just have to speak Greek and... use Google for scientific approaches that already exist and have been presented and exaustively examined.

(from... wikipedia)

"The name Άφροδίτη was connected by folk etymology with ἀφρός (aphros) "foam," interpreting it as "risen from the foam" and embodying it in an etiological myth that was already known to Hesiod.[8] Another folk etymology found in the Etymologicum Magnum and attributed to Didymus attempts to etymologize Aphrodite from the Greek compound ἁβροδίαιτος habrodiaitos ("she who lives delicately" from ἁβρός habros + δίαιτα diaita) explaining the alternation between b and ph as a "familiar" characteristic of Greek "obvious from the Macedonians".[9] Aphros has reflexes in Messapic and Etruscan (whence April), which were probably borrowed from Greek.

Though Herodotus was aware of the Phoenician origins of Aphrodite,[10] linguistic attempts to derive the name Aphrodite from Semitic Aštoret, via undocumented Hittite transmission, remain inconclusive. If Semitic, a not implausible etymology would be from Assyrian barīrītu, a female demon found in Middle Babylonian and Late Babylonian texts (see Chicago Assyrian Dictionary vol. 2 p. 111). The name probably means "she who (comes) at dusk," a manifestation of the planet Venus as the evening star, a well known attribute of the Mesopotamian goddess Inanna/Ishtar.

A suggestion by M. Hammarström,[11] rejected by Hjalmar Frisk, connects the name with πρύτανις, a loan into Greek from a cognate of Etruscan (e)pruni, "lord" or similar. An etymology from Indo-European abhor "very" + dhei "to shine" is offered by J.P. Mallory and D.Q. Adams.[12]"

What's most important is that this is supported by Hesiodus who, as an author living back then in 8th Century BC had access to many of the answers we seek today (e.g. about the language of the Macedonians)

Last edited by thessalonikefs; 06-16-2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Serdarot
              • Feb 2010

welcome to the forum

i will respond later, watching SA -vs- Uru
              Bratot:

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Welcome Thessalonikefs, could you please tell me the name of my ethnicity?
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• thessalonikefs
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                  Welcome Thessalonikefs, could you please tell me the name of my ethnicity?
                  Who are you?

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by thessalonikefs View Post
                    Who are you?
                    For you I am God in this forum so please answer the question asked.

What is my ETHNICITY?

Comment

• Serdarot
                      • Feb 2010

"The name Άφροδίτη was connected by folk etymology with ἀφρός (aphros) "foam," interpreting it as "risen from the foam"
                      before all, let analise this part:

"risen from the foam"

BORN from the foam, when Kronos cut off (k)Uranos genitals and threw them into the water.

'Born from a Foam

Rodi-ta

btw, do you know the Macedonian Word for Falus/Penis?
                      ------------

soon iīll edit this post, have to make coffee and medicine

--------------

one notification:

@ thesalonikefs: pls have in mind that Macedonian = Macedonian, Not Greek, not Eliniki, but Makedon, Makedonski, Macedonian.

couse i see you use sources where someone is talking about how Macedonians spoke or wrote

to avoid any misunderstoodment

to be soon continued...

small edit:

safra - afra is also used in Macedonian.

and PLS take serious the Admin, read the basic Rules of the Forum. Macedonians = Macedonians.

any prefix or sufix is extremely unwanted - prohibited
                      Last edited by Serdarot; 06-16-2010, 04:33 PM.
                      Bratot:

Comment

• thessalonikefs
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Serdarot View Post
                        couse i see you use sources where someone is talking about how Macedonians spoke or wrote
                        Which sources do you mean?
                        Actually, have in mind, that I can't understand the arguments in any of your posts, because you forget to add the English translation of your words and I don't speak your language.

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

What is my ETHNICITY?
                          Answer me or I will BAN you.

Comment

• thessalonikefs
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2010

You do act like one, but I'm an atheist.
                            What is my ETHNICITY?
                            Greek? (wild guess based on your username)

Comment

• Serdarot
                              • Feb 2010

@ Daskal: daj mu vreme, da imame so koj da debatirame na nekoi temi, te molam nemoj da go baniras odma, osven ako ne pocni da vregja

Which sources do you mean?
                              Actually, have in mind, that I can't understand the arguments in any of your posts, because you forget to add the English translation of your words and I don't speak your language.
                              my language have a name

it is called with the name of my Nation.

Macedonian.

and i ment this:

What's most important is that this is supported by Hesiodus who, as an author living back then in 8th Century BC had access to many of the answers we seek today (e.g. about the language of the Macedonians)
                              when you say-write Macedonians, it is ment my ancestors, who spoke language that is not Greek, but Macedonian, from simple reason it is older from both, Ancient Greek, and not to talk about the modern Greek.

Being older doesnt mean any superiority, it is a simple fact.

btw, i am 1/4 from Solun / Selyanik / Salo-Nika / Thesalo-Nika

rest 3/4 are also Macedonian, so i hope you will think good before call me with any other name than Macedonian...

about Afrodita and other things, i will keep writing after i post this.

greetings
                              Bratot:

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

You do act like one, but I'm an atheist.

Greek? (wild guess based on your username)
                                Wrong answer, you can go and play somewhere else, you are not a positive contributor of this forum.

MY ETHNICITY IS AND FOREVER WILL BE MACEDONIAN!

You are now banned.

Comment

Working...
                                X