Why all the names of the cities of the people and months and gods were greek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agamoi Thytai
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post

WOW!!! I`ve learned a lot from your link!!! Yes, this was surely the "most important of all"

Huns created the so-called Slavic look?!!! ehm...

I don't know whether this is true of all Slavic peoples,but as regards Macedonians he may have some right.See,for instance,an article of Britannica Encyclopedia,1911 ed.:

"The Mongolian physical type,which prevails in the districts between the Balkans and the Danube,is also found in central Macedonia,and may be recognized as far west as Ochrida and Dibra.In general,however,the Macedonians differ somewhat both in appearance and character from their neighbours beyond the Bulgarian and Servian frontiers: the peculiar type which they present is probably due to a considerable admixture of Vlach,Hellenic,Albanian and Turkish blood,and to the influence of the surrounding races".
    http://www.archive.org/stream/encycl...e/218/mode/1up (See bottom of right column)

Original Nordic/Alpine population of Roman empire?!! lol wth? this is like the stupid nordic ancient Greeks theory
    Northern Aryan supremacism crap.Some people simply can't stand the fact that it was these damn dark short PIGS in the dirty south that were able to create the first great civilizations instead of their superior tall blond Aryan supermen on the north.
    These stuff are just crap. Do you think you learn something from those Agamoi Thytai?
    Hey,it was Bill who brought it up,not me.I just highlighted this part so that every one can see what are the racistic beliefs of that guy (i mean Arthur Kemp,not Bill).My negative view on that crap is well expressed in other posts of mine.
    "What high honour do the Macedonians deserve, who throughout nearly their whole lives are ceaselessly engaged in a struggle with the barbarians for the safety of the Greeks?"
    Polybius, Histories, 9.35

Comment

• Agamoi Thytai
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ArMakedon View Post
      Don't shit around about mine friend Arthur Kemp, Nigger!!!
      Jawohl,mein Kommandant!
      "What high honour do the Macedonians deserve, who throughout nearly their whole lives are ceaselessly engaged in a struggle with the barbarians for the safety of the Greeks?"

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Agamoi you have a problem when you people can't even admit to being related to the niggers.So how can we have a decent discussion about anything.There'is a saying once a nigger is allways a nigger.THere's ample evidecnce around how about the black athena.Even the word athena is not really greek it's a borrowed nameThe greeks adopted it like everything else.THe thing is you go on quoting wikipaedia as if it's the truth & it's not really accurate & reliable.
        Last edited by George S.; 01-07-2011, 02:42 PM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Agamoi Thytai
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          Agamoi you have a problem when you people can't even admit to being related to the niggers.So how can we have a decent discussion about anything.There'is a saying once a nigger is allways a nigger.
          So we can't have a decent discussion cause i don't accept i am related to African peoples?And you consider it as serious problem?The problem is yours because you are constantly using such racistic derogatory terms,"niggers","negroes".What's wrong with people being black,if this make you feel all right,then OK George,i admitt i am a goddamn nigger,black as coal...actually we all Greeks are and have always been niggers.OK,is your sick ego cured a little bit now?

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

there's nothing wrong with being negroes or blacks they are still people. The whole thing has been that the greeks ahave been avoiding it or denying it.Now that you have admitted it then we can have a friendly chat.Being related to the negroes doesn't make the person any lesser of a person.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
              • Sep 2010

because you are constantly using such racistic derogatory terms,"niggers","negroes".
              The word "Nigger" is only racist when a non African says it :P. The word "Negro" isn't racist because African Americans identify themselves as "Negroes".

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Agamoi Thytai View Post
                So we can't have a decent discussion cause i don't accept i am related to African peoples?
                No one said you are related to African People. We all know who the Modern Greeks are related to. Do we need to go over this again? We are only suggesting to you "Fact" of who and what sort of people the original Hellenes were.

Let me say it again. YOU ARE NOT RELATED TO ANCIENT GREEKS, THE "GARAMANTES" "The pre-Hellenic inhabitants or original inhabitants".

And you consider it as serious problem?The problem is yours because you are constantly using such racistic derogatory terms,"niggers","negroes".
                excuse me......we sight references from Authors, scholors etc that mention Negros and Blacks.

What's wrong with people being black,
                Then why do you get offended and pissed off when we prove the Ancient Hellenes were predominantly black. Are you a Racist?
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

ALL it means agamoi is you have to be whole more truthfull with us & forthcoming than you are letting on.When Bill 777 asks you a fair question he means he want's a fair answer without the bs.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• astibo
                    • Oct 2009

Yeah,and few lines below Philip also states this:

"For on many occasions when I and the other Greeks sent embassies to you..."
                    He is talking about himself because he is continuing the politics of the Argeads. And besides that, even if he realy had Greek origin, that dosnot make the Macedonians Greeks. You have had a German for a king 100 years a go, so dos that make u germans?!

Oh,let me reveal to you another dirty Greek secret:neither Boetians,Thessalians and Eleans were Greek!

So Philip was playing the same old Greek tricks to accuse other fellow Greeks of "being barbarians",since it suited his agenda.

I will try to explain u this way:
                    Polybius
                    (Book XVIII. 5)
                    In any case,' he continued, 'what is this Greece which you demand that I should evacuate, and how do you define Greece? Certainly most of the Aetolians themselves are not Greeks! The countries of the Agraae, the Apodotea, and the Aphilochians cannot be regarded as Greek. So do you allow me to remain in those territories.
                    Herodot I, 57-58
                    [1.57] What the language of the Pelasgi was I cannot say with any certainty. If, however, we may form a conjecture from the tongue spoken by the Pelasgi of the present day - those, for instance, .....................I say, we are to form a conjecture from any of these, we must pronounce that the Pelasgi spoke a barbarous language. If this were really so, and the entire Pelasgic race spoke the same tongue, the Athenians, who were certainly Pelasgi, must have changed their language at the same time that they passed into the Hellenic body; ..............
                    [1.58]...................................The Pelasgi, on the other hand, were, as I think, a barbarian race which never greatly multiplied.
                    Strabo V, 2, 4
                    4 As for the Pelasgi, almost all agree, in the first place, that some ancient tribe of that name spread throughout the whole of Greece, and particularly among the Aeolians of Thessaly………………………………..." And Thessaly is called "the Pelasgian Argos" (I mean that part of it which lies between the outlets of the Peneius River and Thermopylae as far as the mountainous country of Pindus), on account of the fact that the Pelasgi extended their rule over these regions.
                    As u can see territory south from Olimpus was not ethnic homogenous and there were people who was not Greeks living there, Aetolians, Akarnanians, some of the Tessalians

Isn't it apparent that if Macedonians were considered as barbarians themselves it would be meaningless to say they protected Greece from barbarians?
                    Like the Austrians protected Europe from the Otomans. Dose that mean that the rest of Europe is Austrian?!

It was not a Macedonian who made that statement but Lyciscus the Acarnanian ambassador talking to Cleonicus and Chlaeneas,the Aetolian envoys,at the assembly of Sparta:
                    http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/...3Achapter%3D32

Acarnanians Aetolians were mainly Pelasgian and not Greeks

That's an assumption with no basis at all.If one says Bavarians and Prussians or Calabrians and Sicilians are people of kindred blood,he certainly refers to their common German or Italian ancestry,not to any imaginary Indoeuropean or Celtic or whatever else one can imagine origin.
                    In that time there were still Pelasgians who did not forgot that they are Pelasgians and have common blod with other pelasgian nations south and north of Olimpus. I have posted some sources about Pelasgians above.

This distinction is made by a Roman,whose intension was to keep Greeks divided,so it's not a reliable person.Anyway,this distinction practically meant nothing,it was solely out of geographic reasons,since i've showed that even Peloponnesus and Thessaly were in many occassions excluded from Greece.
                    You IMAGINE that that distinction is made by a Roman,whose intension was to keep Greeks divided, but in fact he is making clear distinction. Geographic yes, and Macedonia is not included in Greece.
                    And u know that the best comes in the answer when Phillip asks “define Greece”, Aetolians are not Greeks etc etc, u know the quote.

What own Ares?Macedonians worshiped the same Ares with all Greeks.Besides,it's oxymoron trying to prove Macedonians were not Greeks using Plutarch!Plutarch wrote the biographies of Greek and Roman great men in comparison,and among the Greeks he included in his list was not only Alexander (whom you claim he considered Greek because of his Argive origin) but also Demetrius the Besieger,who didn't descend from the Argead dynasty:
                    http://books.google.ca/books?id=Lnur...mJWYiw#PPP1,M1
                    Find me one example where it says that Greece will be ruled by the Athenian Ares. It is well known that Greeks refered that way for non greek nations, like Egyptian Afrodita, Persian Arec etc etc.
                    Find me one example to prove me wrong..

These quotes of Plutarch prove thta he considered all Macedonians as Greeks:

"Taxiles, however, persuaded Calanus to wait upon Alexander. His
                    proper name was Sphines, but because he was wont to say Cale, which in the Indian tongue is a form of salutation to those he met with
                    anywhere, the Greeks called him Calanus"

Note that this happened in India,where Alexander had only the Macedonian troops,since he had earlier dismissed the Greek allies.So who were those Greeks mentioned by Plutarch?
                    This is a lame attempt of an argument. Surely not all of the Greeks have left the army, surely some writer or philosopher have stayed with the army or maybe Greeks who were writing afther that were using that name. How can u drow such a strong conclusion like that from this quote and on the other hand make up stories about “old athletic trics”?!

"and Cassander, who had lately arrived, and had been bred up in Greek manners, the first time he saw some of the barbarians adore the king could not forbear laughing at it aloud, which so incensed Alexander he took him by the hair with both hands and dashed his head against the wall"

Macedonians were bred up in Greek manners

So what is strange here, was not Aristotle teacher to Alexander and his frends. Even further, there is a possibility that some Macedonians were refered as hellens because of their education.
                    What kind of arguments are those u are trying to put here???

"To the barbarians he carried himself very haughtily, as if he were fully persuaded of his divine birth and parentage; but to the Grecians more moderately, and with less affectation of divinity"

Plutarch here speaks of Alexander's demand to be adored like a God,as it was the Persian habit.It's interesting that according to Plutarch,Alexander's subjects were barbarians (Persians and other Asians,and Greeks.Why aren't there Macedonians mentioned at all?Did Plutarch consider them as barbarians?Certainly not,since he clearly distinguished them from barbarians before.So he included them among the Greeks.
                    So the Macedonians are not mentioned, that dos not make them Greeks. Macedonian kings did not regarded the Macedonians neither as Greeks nor Barbarian:

[9] "At the end of his speech, Isocrates, summarizing the programme which he was proposing to Philip, advised him to be a benefector to the Greeks, a king to the Macedonians, and to the barbarians not a master, but a chief." [p.106] PIERRE JOUGUETAlexander the Great and the Hellenistic World
                    These are very weird theories,backed by no evidence and supported by no serious historian outside Macedonia.
                    That is your opinion

Such disasters often befell the Greeks,when they were enslaved by the Athenians,the Spartans or the Thebans,there are numerous similar quotes in ancient Greek texts.However not all Greeks held similar view about that "disaster":

Again u are wishing and imagining. In all of these quotes that u are dismissing u are making your conclusions based on a fact that u already know that Macedonians were Greeks and u are making stories to fith your wishes. But u are wrong, in the text it is clear “the defeat at Chaeronea was a disaster for all the Greeks”

"At that crisis Philip volunteered his assistance; destroyed the tyrants, secured the temple, and became the author of freedom to the Greeks, as is testified even to posterity by the facts For Philip was unanimously elected general-in-chief by land and sea, not, as my opponent ventured to assert, as one who had wronged Thessaly; but on the ground of his being a benefactor of Greece: an honour which no one had previously obtained."

"Again, you bitterly denounced Alexander, because,
                    when he believed himself to be wronged, he punished Thebes: but of his having exacted vengeance of the Persians for their outrages on all the Greeks you made no mention at all; nor of his having released us all in common from heavy miseries, by enslaving the barbarians, and depriving them of the supplies which they used for the ruin of the Greeks,—sometimes pitting the Athenians against the ancestors of these gentlemen here, at another the Thebans; nor finally of his having subjected Asia to the Greeks".
                    http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/...3Achapter%3D34
                    So what, this fits with the politic of the Macedonian kings presenting them self as a Greeks ruling Greece instead of an Tyrant. But from here u can not see that Macedonians were Greeks. Again u have nothing.
                    And now something for u:
                    "Do not the Greeks appear to you to walk among Macedonians like demi-gods among wild beasts?"
                    shows not only that Alexander distinguished between Macedonians and Greeks, but it shows that Greeks had a chauvinistic attitude towards Macedonians, according to Alexander the Great himself, as reported by Plutarch. Decius 02:22, 19

Any link to this?
                    U have google so write the name Borza, I am sure that u will find more links than for that “old athletic trics”
                    Last edited by astibo; 01-08-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Serdarot
                      • Feb 2010

Ethnos = ???

Ethnicity = ???

To stop the trolling, i have an idea.

Some of the "greeks" here will explain the meaning of Ethnos, and than i will explain the meaning of some Ancient Macedonian Names (Gods, Months, people...)
                      Last edited by Serdarot; 01-09-2011, 06:14 AM.
                      Bratot:
                      Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Serdarot that's a great idea.Well if they come clean & start discussing things properly after 220 posts i suppose it's never too late.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

YouTube - Greek irredentism against Macedonia & Macedonians 03
                          http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Akzion
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serdarot View Post
                            Ethnos = ???

Ethnicity = ???

To stop the trolling, i have an idea.

Some of the "greeks" here will explain the meaning of Ethnos, and than i will explain the meaning of some Ancient Macedonian Names (Gods, Months, people...)
                            Since the term ethnos appears in Iliad 20-25 times, here are some references.
                            This book is an excellent, comprehensive account of the ways in which nations and nationhood have evolved over time. Successful in hardback, it is now available in paperback for a student audience.

Comment

• Serdarot
                              • Feb 2010

So, my dear Akzion, nice that you gave that link, and mentioned the Iliada...

I will tell you what will a Macedonian understand when you say Etnos

Etnos
                              Ednos
                              Ednos(t)

Edno = One , or the same, or alike, unity, kinship...

If you could speak "Makedoniki", at best Lerin-Kostur, you would perfectly understand it.

So, Etnos, a Word much closer to Macedonian, than to Greek, was used 20 - 25 times in Iliada?

nice

how i dare to say it is closer to Macedonian than to Greek?

Edno-stavno
                              Edno e da barash referenci, a drugo e koga si
                              Edno so jaziko

And it is used in same or very similar form in most of the "slavic" languages, also there where the "greek" influence was equal to 0

Do you understand the diference?

I perfectly understand what it means, couse the root Edn / Eden / Edno is pure Macedonian.

Now lets try with the Gods, Kings / People and Months.

Let start with
                              ------------------------------
                              "Asklepios" (Asclepius) , the "greek" God of Medicine... (i already wrote about it, but hey, since we have to love our neighbors, as good Risjani, here it comes again )

The etymology of the name is unknown.
                              klepe (a piece of wood used to repair or to "fix" something)
                              krepe / krepi
                              krpi
                              lepi
                              sklepi (repair, fix it)
                              sklepa (repaired, fixed)
                              sklepano
                              zakrepna
                              zakrepeno
                              zakrpeno
                              zalepeno

Again, i dont need sources, i PERFECTLY understand the meaning of the Word Asklepios
                              --------------------------------------

Selevk(os) , the founder of the Seleucid Dinasty

15. SELEUKOS m Ancient Greek (SELEUCUS Latinized)
                              Means ‘to be light’, ‘to be white’, derived from the Greek word leukos meaning ‘white, bright’.
                              Σέλευκος

Selevk
                              tSelevk
                              tSele

Now, any Macedonian here, who knows what is tSele? (or Cele)

should we play some anagram?

tselevk contains

svetle
                              tsveke
                              tsvetko

some Macedonian can understand what (t)SVETKO means???
                              Last edited by Serdarot; 01-09-2011, 04:11 PM.
                              Bratot:
                              Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Serdarot
                                • Feb 2010

Γορπιαῖος
                                Gorpiaos

Gor-Pia

The name of the month "avgust" in the Ancient Macedonian Calendar is Gorpiaos

Gor = Burn, hot, heat
                                Pia = drink

Avgust is the month with highest temperatures in the Solar Year.
                                Many things are "burning" or realy burning

and we drink a lot of fluids...

so much for now, later more
                                Bratot:

Comment

Working...
                                X