• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by aleksandrov View Post
    Risto,

I wouldn't do away with the old "Sloboda ili Smrt" just yet. If the Macedonian people free themselves from the slave mentality, all the other specific objects of the cause will follow, at least to the extent that they are consistent with our free will (keep in mind that as long as one's free will is exercised in a way that impedes on other individuals' rights and freedoms, we are not entirely a free people).

You could change the slogan to "Sloboda i Pravda, ili Smrt", which would make it consistent with the universal principles of justice reflected in the International Bill of Rights (and freedoms), but that's not quite as punchy.

“Moralnata revolucija – revolucijata vo umot, srceto i dushata na eden ropski narod, e najgolemata zadacha.” Goce Delchev
    Aleksandrov, Julie & Mikail, this is an interesting discussion. "Freedom or Death" is a term that has been used by Macedonians, Greeks & Bulgarians (quite possibly others as well). The notion of demanding justice on equal terms with freedom is excellent and demands something from the the victim mindset which appears to be comfortably numb with its supposed "country" that they have been rewarded with. It could be so much better, why aim for mediocrity? I like it Aleksandrov, it is punchy on a whole new level.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      RtG, I agree with the need to keep this list as contained as possible, one way this can be done is by delivering the messages or values in two words.

Is this something to be considered?
      SoM, a keeper for sure.
      We are right about on it.
      Risto the Great

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

Well said RTG ... and a huge shout out to Daskalot! Well done for getting rid of the traitors comments out of this thread.

This whole discussion has been moving in the right direction. Anyone that tries to derail our efforts to set the Macedonian Cause must always be ousted.

There are a few phrases words here which represent the Macedonian Cause..... Enjoy

YouTube - "Narode Makedonski" - Makedonski Merak

And here:

YouTube - Solunskite Atentatori - Macedonian Patriotic Song
        From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

Mikail. Thank you, Macedonia is indeed Biser Balkanski, the most beautiful pearl of the Balkans which is why our dushmani have always given us such a hard time
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Assosiation of Macedonians in Poland

letter to Macedonian government in 1993:

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

One thing we should claim historic continuity from earliest times to the present.We should no use prefixes or suffixes on our identity.We are simply Macedonians.We should proclaim our existence as Macedonians.WE should be accepted as Macedonians.WE should correct untruths & lies told about us.We should stand & be proud of who we are & stand up to those who don't respect us.
                The other thing that could be added is guaranteed freedom of speech enshrined in the constitution,
                Also we want real democracy not just in word but in deed.
                Last edited by George S.; 08-08-2010, 07:48 AM. Reason: edit
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Dobro dojde Birowsky,

Ti dali si "Marjan Popeski" ili dali ti e nekoj poznat kako prijatel ili rodnina?

fala za linkot.
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

We are too busy trying to give rights to others but forget our own rights in the process.This typifies "makedonia za Makedoncite"Macedonia for the Macedonians.Another thing is what can we do for Macedonia not what Macedonia can do for me.
                    We Should feel proud,think proud & act as proud Macedonians.
                    We should count our blessings
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• BigMak
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009

maybe even add something about the recognition of Macedonian intellectual property? There are many works from past authors, song writers etc which are "disputed"

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

especially historical,cultural,musical all these need protection greece is just waiting to get it's dirty paws on it.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BigMak View Post
                          maybe even add something about the recognition of Macedonian intellectual property? There are many works from past authors, song writers etc which are "disputed"
                          That should be covered in:
                          3) Macedonian culture, symbols and folklore
                          Perhaps we should add literature, too.

What is the concensus now, is this done? Let's get an agreement on it and we can re-post the finalised version on a single announcement or locked sticky page.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Well, I would hate to think the Cause can never be updated. But it certainly is quite close. I think we need to read the entire thread one more time and see if anything solid has been left out.

For the benefit of many participants, part of the thought process involved in developing the Cause led some of us to consider the aspect of "justice" or a "demand for justice". We as Macedonians are either going to continue being victims or else we need to demand our inalienable rights on all levels. Our logo contains some very familiar Macedonian symbols but also contains the symbol for "justice". This is new and not being used by any other Macedonians that I am aware of. This hopefully (in time) will enter the psyche of many Macedonians.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• sf.
                              • Jan 2010

I believe that the 'Cause', as it is written at this time, is fine. The essence of its meaning is evident, and it doesn't need to be tinkered with additional minor points that are implied by, or stem from the original statement. Symbolically - outside the meaning of the words,- and therefore politically, it will hold greater strength if it remains unchanged.

Edit: Just to further explain my reasoning. You are not creating a legal document that needs to account for every minor aspect. The 'Cause' is a core statement of beliefs and values, that followers can easily identify with. It should be meant to inspire actions, and remind Macedonians of a common purpose. To reiterate, don't stress the details, as the wording achieves this. The next point that should be considered is the dissemination of the message, and the manner in which we can get more people on board.
                              Last edited by sf.; 10-30-2010, 09:25 PM.
                              Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

Working...
                              X