Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

I don't believe his inclusion is by accident. I think we will slowly see the change in stance at the UMD. They already have 3 or 4 known pro Bulgarian board members. It will eventually be 6 or 7.

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
    We posted this link on our FB page. It's a Bulgarian Wiki article stating that "Chris Evanoff is a Bulgarian immigrant, activist and tenth president of the MPO."

Now Mr. Evanoff may know nothing about this and have had nothing to do with it. But clearly, there are people out there that think he is Bulgarian enough to make a Bulgarian wiki page about it.

There is more to the article. I just put the part where it says he is a Bulgarian, was president of the MPO, was born in Prilep, and his family escaped the "totalitarian" government. After scouring through other websites, I read other things that claimed his family left because they were Bulgarian / German supporters. Another website claims that Chris Evanoff said his grandfather was Bulgarian, his dad was Bulgarian, but that he also feels Macedonian. I don't know to what extent any of this is true, or if it makes a difference. Clearly, his senior involvement with the MPO makes it hard for people to accept that he is not pro-Bulgarian. And an organization of ethnic Macedonians like the UMD should not be taking direction or advice from him.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

The "totalitarian" government at the time is difficult to dispute. Asserting the Macedonian identity wasn't particularly embraced in the Titovian era.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Just announced that the greek debt proposals have been rejected.looks like Greece will have to get out of the erozone soon.gHow ludicrous the greek govt wanted to borrow from the Russians to pay back just the interest.A loan for a loan.They desrve everything they get.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          The "totalitarian" government at the time is difficult to dispute. Asserting the Macedonian identity wasn't particularly embraced in the Titovian era.
          That's certainly true. I put it in quotes because the reason it was totalitarian to Evanoff's Bulgarian grandparents and parents likely had more to do with the fact that they collaborated with the Germans and Bulgarian authorities rather than because they wanted to be free to call themselves Macedonian. I doubt that Evanoff's family viewed Tito's reign as totalitarian for the same reasons that Chento and his followers did.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Real democracy hasn't exactly flourished.The people were lulled into a false sense that everthing will be ok.Its far far off the mark.Didn't someone say real freedom is to be cherished not with Macedonia.Take today the Bulgarian govt I call it in a way totalitarian of the way it behaves forwards its Macedonian section of people.But at the same time thinks its a civilized democratic country and its or was with the eu.There is a saying horses for courses.It all depends on your particular view.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
              Real democracy hasn't exactly flourished.The people were lulled into a false sense that everthing will be ok.Its far far off the mark.Didn't someone say real freedom is to be cherished not with Macedonia.Take today the Bulgarian govt I call it in a way totalitarian of the way it behaves forwards its Macedonian section of people.But at the same time thinks its a civilized democratic country and its or was with the eu.There is a saying horses for courses.It all depends on your particular view.
              That' right George. Further, there are plenty of Albanians in Macedonia who probably accuse the current Macedonian government of being totalitarian because Albanians apparently don't have any ethnic or minority rights in Macedonia. Out of all things the current Macedonian government can be accused of being totalitarian for, the issue of Albanian rights is not one of them.

And it's not just about views. It's also about your interests. Bulgarians accused Tito's Yugo of being totalitarian because they wanted Vardar to be under Bulgaria. Macedonians accused Tito's Yugo of being totalitarian because Macedonians couldn't voice their opinion on Macedonian autonomy without being imprisoned, tortured, exiled, or put to death. There were the Macedonian "Bulgarians" who fought with the Bulgars and Germans to make Vardar part of Bulgaria, and then there were Macedonians who fought as partisans to defeat fascism and make Macedonian autonomous or independent. I'm less sympathetic to the former group's claim of Yugoslavian totalitarianism.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

The Albanian plight if I could call it that is not of rights but of priveleges.Non deserving of priveleges.They are above trhe normail citizenry rights of which Albanians have got.GuaRANTEED AS a Macedonian citizen and guarantees expressly under the minority
                rights in the constitution.So what is there to do secession rights.They got that with the ohrid agreement.They say it hasn't got deep enough.??They are entrenched in their seats on parliament and the doing of deals with the ruling parties.
                Last edited by George S.; 06-27-2015, 02:02 PM.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
                  • May 2011

Our latest issue is now available:

Thanks to those who continue to read it.

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                    Our latest issue is now available:

Thanks to those who continue to read it.
                    Vic
                    Another entertaining & informative read!! Well done again!
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• vicsinad
                      • May 2011

Thanks!

Here's the latest edition: Volume 1, Issue 11! Enjoy

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

Volume 1, Issue 12...thanks for continuing to read!

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Well said vicksands re about the yugo mindset of people.We are not only are we being referred to that but we are being reffered as former yugoslavs and our country has been referred to the former yugoslav republic of macedonia.This is a nonsensical name conferred on us prior to joining the un.Mind you it was meant to be short term only.This reference and along the word slav is designed to keep us in check as to our use of the name macedonia is not a proper and fit type.Those that hate us hate us to use the name macedonia.They say use of the name has terrtorial pretensions.this is completely untrue as those that despise us want a total monopoly of our name.Their claims being unhistorical and baseless would have you beleive that we are stealing their history,They treat both greek and macedonian as one as greek and falsly maintain it.Of course we know the real reason why.
                          So we come accross to just pure and utter propaganda is used was used on the real macedonians at subliminal levels to deny them their right identity.
                          Just as a matter of interest the greeks claim that tito created macedonia and the identity in 1945.But how do we explain the historical situation of many many individuals who have referred to themselves as macedonians in newspapers,books etc throughout the ages.One begs the question that those referring to themselves as yuygoslavs or bulgarians not as macedonians are brainwashed/self deluded people
                          i question their intelligence as to their beleifs and level of education.Did i not state that all side used subliminal suggestions to brainwash people into submission.So we shouldn't be surprised how far our enemies will stoop to steal our identity.
                          Last edited by George S.; 07-19-2015, 11:54 AM.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
                            • May 2011

Thank you, George. As you said there are a lot of uphill battles we still have to fight with regards to the Yugoslav, Yugo, and Slav label. But I think we're making some progress (we as an overall Macedonian community).

Comment

• Nikolaj
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                              Just as a matter of interest the greeks claim that tito created macedonia and the identity in 1945. But how do we explain the historical situation of many many individuals who have referred to themselves as macedonians in newspapers,books etc throughout the ages.One begs the question that those referring to themselves as yuygoslavs or bulgarians not as macedonians are brainwashed/self deluded people
                              Very true George.

A typical Greek would claim these people calling themselves Macedonians are either 1) implying they are 'real' Greek Macedonian or 2) Calling themselves Macedonian due to the Macedonian region. When in reality, you would see 1) Greeks living in Macedonia calling themselves Greek and 2) You would never see anyone call themselves Thesslian or Athenian as an ethnicity.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Remember the subliminal propaganda used by the greeks .Forcing one to renounce their ethnicity eWe got a thread at mto where it says greeks are not greeks only slavs and albanians.Its so true the greeks avoid their real ethnicity and accuse the othrs macedonian that they are not macedonian .
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X