X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spitfire
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

It's typical of christians not to accept the old testament when it doesn't suit them.
    The fact is the Old testament is part of their religion 100% because it's god in there.
    As I said, everything that is not beautified hurts, but the fact is that this is their religion too.

Of course, extracts of the Quran posted without the whole context, leads to misconceptions.
    Nikolaj still doesn't get that when I posted an extract from the bible. He tried to explain because he felt that his beautified concept was infected. Well the muslims feel the same way when you do it with the Quran..
    There is explanation if you read the whole context, but I'm not going to do that. After all I'm not muslim. To kill those who disbelieve Allah of course doesn't mean to kill the Christians because Christians believe in him, because Allah means God, the christians believe in God.
    Simply a case of anti-muslim propaganda from the ignorant. It's OK though.

Nikolaj, I know what the old testament is. It's in the name. It's a testament, the older. There is a newer with new guidelines, however in a doctrine you just don't not accept it.
    Think of it as a previous software version with the new one fixing a few bugs... . Or updated to fit the new hardware.
    Still it's the same software.
    Last edited by spitfire; 10-17-2014, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Nikolaj
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
      It's typical of christians not to accept the old testament when it doesn't suit them.
      The fact is the Old testament is part of their religion 100% because it's god in there.
      As I said, everything that is not beautified hurts, but the fact is that this is their religion too.
      - God that hurt to read.
      - Please, continue to not misunderstand what I've written.

Of course, extracts of the Quran posted without the whole context, leads to misconceptions.
      Nikolaj still doesn't get that when I posted an extract from the bible. He tried to explain because he felt that his beautified concept was infected. Well the muslims feel the same way when you do it with the Quran..
      There is explanation if you read the whole context, but I'm not going to do that. After all I'm not muslim.
      Everything you wrote in here was assumptions.

1)
      You assume everything is taken out of context. Prove to me from a single Quran verse I listen to have been taken out of context. If you fail to do so, you have only solidified my point that you are only speaking philosophically - that everyone has the same negative views about one and others religion. Which is an incorrect approach, it implies both are wrong and both have no explanation for such negative views; when the Christian one does for the old testament which is the ‘negative’.

Yes I have revealed negativity in the Quran, without taking anything out of context.
      Muslims do not like this (like you stated), but can they deny this with a logical answer - no.
      Yes, Muslims can reveal negativity in the Bible.
      Christians do not like this (like you stated), but can they deny this with a logical answer - yes.

2)
      You have not infected any beautified concept, you’ve only failed to understand what the concept actually meant. My response gave a completely logical and understandable approach to what is written - even taking the context of time into account which is extremely important. The Muslim concept and reasoning in general is very wrong and cannot be beautified. Any context is irrelevant as well, not to mention there is no ‘new’ book to help exemplify their belief in a more modernistic fashion.

I have given you a logical example for the old testament was used for and what is said in it. You’ve failed to give me and example to why the things are said in the Quran - even though there’s no logical example i’m aware of yet, as i’ve been looking for a response on your behalf for years now.

Nikolaj, I know what the old testament is. It's in the name. It's a testament, the older. There is a newer with new guidelines, however in a doctrine you just don't not accept it.
      Think of it as a previous software version with the new one fixing a few bugs... .
      Still it's the same software.
      It is as if you haven’t read my previous post at all. It is either I am incapable for explaining this simple concept to you, or you’re just ignorant of this view in general. I put in a little effort to try find something similar to what I was trying to explain to you, which you can reference to below.

I never said Christians or myself do not accept the old testament. I’ve actually clearly written that it is very important to get to know God on a personal level. I’ve also explained the whole child-parent generation concept to why the old testament is written the way it is and that it’s understandable to why we no longer use it for those specific purposes. Not implying we’ve stopped using the old testament all together, which is why I find it absolutely stupid to say we deny the old testament, as if we are ashamed of it. I've accepted the old testament under all circumstances, not like what you said "when it suits me", and i've explained why too.

The reason we don't is that the Old Covenantal system, that involved such harsh punishments, has been done away with. We are under a new covenant. Jesus said in Luke 22:20, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

This new covenant was prophecied in the Old Testament in Jer. 31:31, “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah." It is referenced in 1 Cor. 11:25, 2 Cor. 3:6, Heb. 8:8, 9:15; and 12:24.

Of particular importance to our topic is Heb. 8:13 which says, "When He said, 'A new covenant,' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." The Old Covenant with its harsh judicial judgments is no longer in effect because we are under a New Covenant.

Part of the reason the Old Testament covenantal system was so harsh is that first, the Old Testament law demonstrates the severity of righteousness and the requirement of perfection before a holy God. Galatians 3:24 says that the law is what points us to Christ. It does this by showing us that we are not able to keep the law and that the only way of obtaining righteousness before God is through the sacrifice of Jesus, who was God in flesh (John 1:1, 14; Col. 2:9).

Second, the Old Testament times were very difficult, and there were many nations that warred against Israel. Also, the devil and his demonic horde were constantly working to destroy Israel in order to invalidate the prophecies of the coming Messiah--to therefore prevent the Messiah from being born and delivering his people. Therefore, God instituted laws, as difficult as they were, that were consistent with the culture of the times, that ensured the survival of the Jewish nation, that helped to maintain social structure, and also reflected the harshness of the law.

The New Testament covenantal system says that we are to "be at peace with one another," (Mark 9:50) and "with all men." (Rom. 12:18). Rom. 14:19 says, "pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another." After all, "God has called us to peace." (1 Cor. 7:15).

However, this does not mean that we are to approve of such sins as homosexuality, adultery, lying, and stealing. We are to not participate in the sins of the world. Instead, we are to avoid them. We are not to be violent to anyone since the old theonomic, covenantal system has been done away with (Heb. 8:13). Instead, we are to be kind to them (2 Tim. 2:24-25) and show them love (1 Cor. 16:14; 2 Cor. 5:14). But the moral condemnation of immorality still stands--as is clearly taught in 1 Cor. 6:9-10 and Rom. 1:26-28.
      Now to compare that to what I wrote earlier in cliffhangers…

The old testament is for the unexperienced child-like generation.
      The new testament is for the experienced parent-like generation.
      These generations are completely different, therefore all the circumstances are different.

Which also brings me to your false software analogy of the situation.
      A far better, more accurate example would be a software which was designed for Windows OS, is being ‘ported’ to Mac OS.
      The composition is completely different, therefore the circumstances are completely different as well.
      Which means the operators, functions and code in general is different - you’ve only helped me prove my point.

////////////////

Now. Considering your philosophical views are based off of false assumptions, not only made it extremely easy to disprove your point, but made it difficult to comprehend the extent of which you’d go to, to prove your false agenda. It has really put me off, and only goes to show you’re still writing at this point only to refuse you were wrong about something. This is clearly evident because you’ve misrepresented and distorted everything i’ve said, by also completely ignoring many key things and then to only push that misrepresentation. This isn’t the first time you’ve been caught on the forum doing something like this, so take some advice, don’t let your ego get in front of you - we’re on the interwebs. You have to realise that if I were wrong on this, I would be more than fine to shut my mouth and thank you for correcting a false view I had.

I know you’re going to respond to my post with another misrepresented and distorted view you say I have (which I don’t), but i’m over it, i’ll be no longer responding to you in this thread specifically.
      Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-17-2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• spitfire
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

Nikolaj, I 've already answered about the quotes from Quran and God=Allah. I did the same when explaining the correlation of the old/new testament.
        This is going in circles.
        You don't want to read my answer and pretend I haven't answered? It's OK with me. You are not obliged in anyway.

The god christians believe in is as good or bad as the god muslims believe. It's either that, or it's the same god. You are free to measure evilness or goodness. So do the muslims. In which case I couldn't care less whose is bigger... .
        Last edited by spitfire; 10-17-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

The muslim god allah is not the same as the christian GOD there are subtle differences.These boil down to who is christ who revealed god and the god allah that mohamed revealed .Allah is a man made religion about god.It is mans attempt to define allah
          .Don't say they are the same that is a misconception.If you are living the life of a muslim you are living in a time warp of though shalt not...............
          The muslims don't beleive that jesus is the messiah or that he is a son of god.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            The muslim god allah is not the same as the christian GOD there are subtle differences.
            George S, this is a ridiculous argument for all three religions are of Abrahamic descent. That's in all three books. Blame the jews the chistians and the muslims for that.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Spitfire you are talking through your arse again.I told you are just going around in circles.The Abrahamic descent is a misnomer.have a look at the way the muslim relgion was created then think is it a religion from god ???NO its a religion created by man for man not god created christianity.There are VASSSTTTTTTTTT differences.The koran was created from the torah.The jewish scriptures.So stop spreadinglies and bs.Do you know the muslims go to mecca and worship a meteriorite that's carved into a bull.Also they worshipped the moon they thought it was a god!! So stop talking through your arse and give the correct status that islam is worth.Allah and god are NOT the SAME.Its like saying god created adam and eve not adam and steve.Mohammed dreamed allah up from scraps of the torah he ripped up.Mohamedians look on jesus as a teacher nothing more nothing less.IT is not the same.I have STUDIED COMPARATIVE RELIGION AT UNI LEVEL.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

George S, do you even know what an abrahamic religion is?

All three were created from god according to each.

Start thinking of differences of how this god is believed to be, instead of trying to think him as a different god.
                To the Jews, the Christians and the Muslims, the god in the old testament is where they start.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Think about what jesus claimed to be the son of god.The muslims don't think that he is son of god.
                  GOD and ALLah are not the same.The best they can do is say its derived from the torah ie they used scraps of the scriptures to devise their own religion(albe it man made) The old testament and the new testament is supposed to be GOD inspired.Apparently the muslims have elevated mohamed to higher status than jesus.jesus according to them was a teacher.Spitfire you just love going in circles.
                  Do you know i allmost studied for a doctorate in DIVINITY! You are telling me i don't know my bible or religion.What does a study of comparative religion show.GOD AND ALLAH are not the same.GOD Is revealed through his son jesus and jesus reveals the father who is god and none other.No ALLahs thank you.THERe is only ONE GOD.God is not in the muslim religion.Allah is a made up god in the muslim religion as seen by one man mohammed.Spitfire its people like you and others that are giving credence to islam and other religions that they all profess to beleive in one god.Yes there is a god one god the rest are false gods.
                  Last edited by George S.; 10-17-2014, 02:37 PM.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

The old testament and the new testament is supposed to be GOD inspired.Apparently the muslims have elevated mohamed to higher status than jesus.jesus according to them was a teacher.Spitfire you just love going in circles.
                    So does the Quran. It is supposed to be god inspired. BY THE SAME GOD AS DESCRIBED IN IT.
                    Yes apparently they did. Have you asked the Jews what they think of Jesus?
                    It's not me going in circles. You are trying to prove an abrahamic religion not being one. It is you who try this in a futile manner, so the circles are yours.
                    You said you studied comparative religion, but actually say that Islam is not abrahamic?
                    Yeah right... I have studied rocket science then... .

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Who is god,what is god made up of.GOD is a personage that HAS ALLWAYS EXISTED.NO Begining of time and no end.He is all pwerfull,god is pure love,His character is a holy and rightous one.You caNNOT compare the real god with the man made gods.
                      So spitfire and others spare a thought for the right god and don't be misled by falase gods.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

Who is god,what is god made up of.GOD is a personage that HAS ALLWAYS EXISTED.NO Begining of time and no end.He is all pwerfull,god is pure love,His character is a holy and rightous one.You caNNOT compare the real god with the man made gods.
                        So spitfire and others spare a thought for the right god and don't be misled by falase gods.
                        Funny. That's what muslims say about "their" god. Gee he must be different then.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Spitfire you are lumping everything into one lump of religion.You are trying to relate it as one.All you can say is that the three religions are the same.Think about what they beleive in then decide.How wrong they are and how wrong you are .You fall in the laca daisical side its all the same is it??When you examine their religion its not the same.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

spitfire the muslim religion does not teach man about real salvation from the real god.It teaches about allah from man.As i said the koran is not really a god inspired text.Whereas a detailed study deals with prophecy.Ie telling of the future in asvance.Only god can do that ,(the real one)
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

If the koran is the same is it god inspired???I*s there a future for man??Salvation??
                              How can man reddeem himself to god??What is the real truth???We are going around in circles here.You can only understand other religions only if you think comparatively.
                              THe fact is the muslim religion without being a racists etc falls short of the real glory of god.
                              I just told you of the real gods plan for man ULTIMATELY to RULE THE UNIVERSE WITH GOD.LIVING GOD"S WAY NOT MAN's
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

When you examine their religion its not the same.
                                In what sense?

spitfire the muslim religion does not teach man about real salvation from the real god.It teaches about allah from man.As i said the koran is not really a god inspired text.
                                Actually it does. That's what's about, the saving of human soul.
                                The Quran is God's word revead to Mohamed. It doesn't come from Mohamed, it comes from God.

Comment

Working...
                                X