X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
    The MEP's are elected in the euro elections. Membership or no membership was and is each country's bussiness, after meeting with the criteria of entering the E.U.
    Now, if you are discussing the democratic principles of the E.U. well there are a couple of things that could change. One or two appointed but not elected bodies.
    Only time will tell about the E.U.

This designated protection of origin however is useful to the member states. There is a place, a market that products are protected.
    Spitfire
    Let's not get into a EU functioning discussion, I think my thoughts are quite clear on them....wtf macedonia is trying to get in beggars belief!

There is a place, a market that products are protected.
    Protectionism is a poor substitute for quality & authenticity, which should replace protectionism!
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• spitfire
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
      Spitfire
      Let's not get into a EU functioning discussion, I think my thoughts are quite clear on them....wtf macedonia is trying to get in beggars belief!
      Agreed, I'm not too excited about the E.U. either as it turns out with this German hegemonism prevailing in it.

Protectionism is a poor substitute for quality & authenticity, which should replace protectionism!
      Actually, this revolves also around the thought of a free market. You could say that it acts as a regulaing factor. That's because you have protection for certain products but limitations in the amount of productivity of other products.

But anyway, quality and price is a more determining factor in the market. This means that people don't really care about a name. In the real world.

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Spitfire

[QUOTEActually, this revolves also around the thought of a free market. You could say that it acts as a regulaing factor. That's because you have protection for certain products but limitations in the amount of productivity of other products.

But anyway, quality and price is a more determining factor in the market. This means that people don't really care about a name. In the real world.
        __________________][/QUOTE]

Regulation? in a free market?.........self explanatory!
        Quality and authenticity...yes, which would then dictate price, rather than some self appointed imbecile providing name protection laws!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Philosopher
          • Sep 2008

Philosopher
          Wake up and smell the coffee, there is no such thing as "Greek Macedonia"!
          I smelled the aroma from both near and far, and I still see a "Greek Macedonia", partly because historic Macedonia is largely in northern Greece, and because there is a region in northern Greece called "Macedonia".

Now, if you wish to ignore this, you are free to do so, but in adult conversations on this subject, we have to distinguish the Republic of Macedonia from Greek Macedonia.

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

So then you think that should we need to distinguish the Republic of Macedonia from the the Northern Region of Greece that Greek Macedonia is the best way to accomplish that? There is no such thing as Greek Macedonia, rather Greek occupied Macedonia. I am a bit disappointed in you.

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
            I smelled the aroma from both near and far, and I still see a "Greek Macedonia", partly because historic Macedonia is largely in northern Greece, and because there is a region in northern Greece called "Macedonia".

Now, if you wish to ignore this, you are free to do so, but in adult conversations on this subject, we have to distinguish the Republic of Macedonia from Greek Macedonia.
            Last edited by Gocka; 11-26-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Philosopher
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
              So then you think that should we need to distinguish the Republic of Macedonia from the the Northern Region of Greece that Greek Macedonia is the best way to accomplish that? There is no such think is Greek Macedonia, rather Greek occupied Macedonia. I am a bit disappointed in you.
              So when a Greek writer references "Macedonian" feta, what are we to make of it? Does he mean the Republic of Macedonia or Greek Macedonia? He is a Greek.

You are taking this discussion where it should not. This is not a political or historic debate.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Actually macedonian halva is a brand name.
                And this is a Greek trademark?
                A Greek trademark? No I don't think so.
                Actually "Macedonian Halva" IS a Greek trademark from Thessaloniki since 1924 and (I believe) still belongs to Haitoglou Family. This is their website

Comment

• Redsun
                  • Jul 2013

Philosopher - Because there is a region in northern Greece called "Macedonia".

?!... Why is this region you speak of called Macedonia?

Philosopher - We have to distinguish the Republic of Macedonia from Greek Macedonia.

I do, Macedonia and Macedonia Aegean.

Adult conversations... Really?

Comment

• Philosopher
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                    Philosopher - Because there is a region in northern Greece called "Macedonia".

?!... Why is this region you speak of called Macedonia?

Philosopher - We have to distinguish the Republic of Macedonia from Greek Macedonia.

I do, Macedonia and Macedonia Aegean.

Adult conversations... Really?
                    I'm afraid you are in the dark. We are not discussing the politics or history of Macedonia. We are not judging the merits of the Greekness of ancient Macedonia or modern Macedonia.

We are starting with the fact that there is a region in northern Greece called "Macedonia", and that this region is part of historical Macedonia. Do you deny this?

You and I can argue that this is occupied land, but we cannot deny that in Greece there is a region called "Macedonia".

Back to reality...

The origin of this discussion is that of Greek member discussing his favorite feta cheese -- Macedonian feta.

So now, let me ask you something Redsun, can you please explain to us what this Greek member had in mind by "Macedonian"? If you have the answer, can you please explain to all of us how you derived this answer?

And Fatso, can you please clarify your comments?

Comment

• Dejan
                      • Sep 2008

When fatso mentioned 'Macedonian', there was no confusion on my end. He meant Macedonian.
                      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                        • Aug 2014

Republic of Macedonia is a section of geographic Macedonia with a Macedonian nation living on it. Greek Macedonia is a Greek occupied geographic section of Macedonia with only a Macedonian minority living on it, particularly Hellenised Macedonians who spoke the same tongue as the people in Republic of Macedonia before we know what, alongside a bunch of degenerates who think and want to believe they are ethnic Macedonians. There is a Greek Macedonia (administrative region), but that is merely a modern propagandist creation to justify the claim to its land.

That's how I like to see it.
                        Last edited by Nikolaj; 11-26-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post

Philosopher
                          No there isn't, simple, the country is called Greece not Macedonia, trying to add peripheries with a different name at a later date to substantiate non existent claims as some sort of inclusionalist mechanism is dillusional and not very "adult" like whatsoever! Therefore there is Macedonia and there is Greece, choose one instead of trying to claim both!

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                            So then you think that should we need to distinguish the Republic of Macedonia from the the Northern Region of Greece that Greek Macedonia is the best way to accomplish that? There is no such thing as Greek Macedonia, rather Greek occupied Macedonia. I am a bit disappointed in you.
                            Gocka

I am a bit disappointed in you.
                            Understatement of the year by my standards! But a good example of how a little bit at a time, slowly but surely they will try and get us used to the idea to the point where we no longer object to it, then it becomes acceptable, then it becomes the norm, then we were wrong the whole time!!!..........nice try, but not while I'm still breathing!

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Philospher

[QUOTEI'm afraid you are in the dark.][/QUOTE]

Redsun would only be in the dark if he closed his eyes and that would only be until he opened them, you on the other hand are in the complete dark because you're blind!

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                                Actually "Macedonian Halva" IS a Greek trademark from Thessaloniki since 1924 and (I believe) still belongs to Haitoglou Family. This is their website

http://www.macedonianhalva.gr/en/courseofhistory.htm
                                Amphipolis
                                This should be in the Guinness book of records for the most farcical attempt at distortion! A 1/2 turk prosfigy using the Macedonian name to hold a greek trademark to a Turkish product!

Comment

Working...
                                X